• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

- J - D -

Mine just shipped this morning!

Same, just got the shipping email. Finally.

mine has also shipped this morning as well

Mine has shipped this afternoon as well~!

qn3MWGZ.jpg

I should buy a Dragonzord.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Man, I thought that MAFEX had oversized boxes.
The size of a Mezco One:12 box compared to the figure is fucking shocking in hand.

- J - D -

The Legacy rereleases seem to stick around for a while but the Dragon Dagger preorders sold out so I don't have a fucking clue.

I've been waiting over two years for this reissue.

I'm pretty sure the DragonZord is popular so better safe than sorry. I would prefer the Tigerzord first but that one looks to have shot up on the secondary market.

I've never seen one of those. Wow if true.

Yeah they're gigantic, but you're right too the Mezco boxes seem larger than they need to be. A lot of wasted space.

I also think they're kinda bland in design, but that's just me.

Boke1879

I'm pretty sure the DragonZord is popular so better safe than sorry. I would prefer the Tigerzord first but that one looks to have shot up on the secondary market.

Yeah they're gigantic, but you're right too the Mezco boxes seem larger than they need to be. A lot of wasted space.

I also think they're kinda bland in design, but that's just me.

Well the 25th anniversary is happening next year I believe. I would hope they re-release the Legacy Megazord, Tigerzord, etc.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Dragonzords for everyone!

Don't let 'em get you down on that statue Messi you buy every cool Ivy and Harley you want

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Ordering this Mezco figure and BS Leia at the same time was maybe not the best idea.
The near-supernatural level of craftsmanship in the Mezco soft goods is making Hasbro's effort bum me out.
On the plus side the redone Leia head is surprisingly decent.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Zero idea where the Dragonzord is going to go. My lone 'figure shelf' with the Megazord has no space for that big ass tail.

Does anyone have the Wind Waker Zelda Nendoroid?

I want her, she's absolutely adorable and there's two in stock somehow in the UK imported from Japan at a reseller.

Any thoughts?
Getting her in a good pose with the bow and arrow was a bit of a pain, but otherwise a nice figure. If you like Nendos then you can't go wrong with her.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
FIGMA PIT

F I G M A P I T

I FINALLY got him! Found a good deal on a preowned one. It even has the special AR cards! Freaking amazing figure. With Figuarts Charizard, I only now need Dark Pit to complete my Missing Smash Trio! Slowly but surely, dreams do come true!

Mmmmmm.

LiK

I want her, she's absolutely adorable and there's two in stock somehow in the UK imported from Japan at a reseller.

Any thoughts?

She's good and she comes with the Master Sword and Shield for Link.

According to the tracking, my Soundwave was shipped on 05/01, arrived in the US on 05/02, went through customs on 05/03, and has been sitting in "Retention" since 05/04. I guess I don't really mind because I wouldn't have had time to play with it in the last few days anyway but seems odd for it to just sit somewhere for 6 days.

What is this?

05/04/2017 Retention UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

05/12/2017 Returned to Sender UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

05/12/2017 15:39 Item into sorting centre UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

05/12/2017 21:39 Arrival at outward office of exchange P&DC HONOLULU HI 968 (USPS) UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

05/12/2017 Returned to Sender UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

TAJ isn't the only one who picked up NECA's Ultimate Jungle Hunter Predator!

vyc5byF.jpg

zc94iCm.jpg

CeuoFBi.jpg

bYHdXwo.jpg

EIDpRL2.jpg

XU1PfBA.jpg

gwbucyi.jpg

GrB2KNI.jpg

Holy shit! I love this guy. So glad I never forked out the premium to get the older version. NECA did an amazing job capturing ol' Anytime. The articulation is exactly what NECA has been delivering with their recent Predators, which is to say it's awesome. I just wish we had gotten a pissed off unmasked head as well! Just an outstanding figure that truly deserves being called an Ultimate.

Yarbskoo

Any thoughts?

She's cute as fuck.

PfvzWKx.png

My only real complaints are how she can't really look in the direction she's aiming the arrow, and her hip joint is a bit too weak to support her bulky head. Neither is really a big issue though, especially if you use the stand.

Posted this elsewhere and figured I would here in case anyone wanted to give it a try. I just put some putty under chewbacca's heel and gave him a little bump. Can paint it black or whatever and it's not really noticeable(who really looks at feet haha). Left before; right after. A minor change, but it works for me

VVMEMTx.jpg

TAJ

Oh god, I found a new collectable/figure money pit worse than Hot Toys...
Actual props and reproductions.

Help me.

Get into making them yourself. Reverse money pit.
I'm building a spray booth this month. Waiting on a part right now.

Get into making them yourself. Reverse money pit.
I'm building a spray booth this month. Waiting on a part right now.

Yeah, that was part of it.
Been watching all these Tested videos(Adam Savage, etc) the last few days and im actually thinking of getting myself into this stuff.

I love my figures but man having a full suit in a glass case is really the next level.
The video about the For Honor E3 armor and that sci-fi game were the final straw.

- J - D -

Got tired of waiting for Mezco to make a comic Thor figure so I just decided to hunt for the best one in 1/12 scale I could find, and that seems to be the Marvel Select Mighty Thor, which has shot up to around $100 bucks secondary since it came out a couple years ago. I managed to win one on ebay for $50 new and was very happy about that.

And...he's awesome! Best thing about him is the spinning Mjolnir accessory he comes with, which was pretty much the #1 reason I decided on the figure.
He fits in pretty well with my Mezco stuff. He's teeny bit out of scale since he's a Marvel Select and Mezco's are Legends scale, but keep him slightly lowered and in the back and it works together pretty well.

Top Bottom