• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

I ordered this a weeks back.

VMQ552d.jpg

I spent an enjoyable hour putting these guys together.

KT9JYYP.jpg

They are in scale with the Star Wars Black Series in the way that the actual R2 that was released wasn't.

movkTnM.jpg

They looked a shade too factory fresh so I gave them a wash of black acrylic and matte spray. I did the same to the Luke too. He was far too shiny out of the box. I also replaced Vader's chain and inner and outer capes.

n0RIq1z.jpg

Also assembling the Avengers. Had to give Thor a cloth cape.

fM1Fjfg.jpg

Gave Hulk and Cap a matte spray to get rid of their cheap sheen.

SUPARSTARX

What kind of matte spray did you use?

Hot Toys Arkham Batman is looking so dope!! though it doesn't look like you can do too much with the cape. It looks wired up and not spreadable like the MoS Superman cape.

HOPEFULLY the rubber used here is soft and durable.

LiK

Indeed, I rather just check out that sweet AC Batman from Hoty Toys instead that I sure would be way better than this if I was willing to spend that much on a figure lol.

Only $100 and it looks much nicer and less of a mess in design:

yea, i guess they want diehard Nomura fans to buy up that overpriced figure.

Hot Toys Arkham Batman is looking so dope!! though it doesn't look like you can do too much with the cape. It looks wired up and not spreadable like the MoS Superman cape.

Anyword on the price yet? I'm guessing its gonna be around $249.99

paolo11

This is one of the best Batman Arkham City figurine I ever seen. Wish I got tons of cash.

Apharmd

I guess the one question I want to ask here right now is who in this thread collects or likes Kamen Rider, Gundam or Transformers? I just like to get to know the other community members into the stuff I like.

Yeah, I mainly lurk but I'm totally down on Gundam and Rider. Though, I mostly collect Robot Spirits/Damashii/Soul/Tamashii on Gundam and Figuarts on Rider.

How much with shipping to US?

Depends on the speed you want, I recently paid off a Play Arts Kai figure I had pre-ordered and chose the 2nd fastest option (Air Small Packet) or rather the option before EMS...came to about $20, I image EMS is $25, while the SAL options are obviously cheaper.

How much with shipping to US?

Depends on what sort of shipping you want, and they don't tell you until it's ready to go. HLJ let you know at checkout before you confirm your order so maybe try something that's already out to get a decent estimate.

EDIT: I tried it with the PAK Rorschach and it comes out at $14-$29 depending on how quickly you want it and if you want tracking.

Arkham Knight himself looks pretty neat too. Too bad I won't be able to play the game yet when it comes out.:/

preordered both. the discount is worth it and i'm sure i'll love the game.

I really want both of these but I'm not sure if I have the room for them :/ Harley Quinn is a must buy though.

As for the game, I know I'll love it but I want to wait until I can get a new graphics card to play it. Free Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight is too good of an offer to pass up when you're getting a new card anyway.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Added those super cute Animal Crossing Sofubi to my May order. Figma Snake and Lucina were going to be my first AmiAmi order before they were delayed, but this more than makes up for it.

KtcaNVH.png

Drayco21

Looking at how great Nintendo figures have been lately has really made me wish there were more quality video game figure out there. McFarlane stuff is just okay, and NECA seems few and far between these days. I'd kill for a nice, consistent 6" scale Marvel Legends equivalent for video game characters.

Looking forward to the Mezco MKX line and the NECA Dante, though.

HItman84

Neo Member
Just came in today

dsc_0316a0xsz.jpg

How are her legs and Hips? I had to have two replaced. First ones were super super super weak. Second arrived with broken hips and thigh joints.
Sideshow had me break original instead of ship back and when I tell you the leg peg snapped with almost no force, it was kind of scary. Honestly It makes me really afraid to touch her so she's still in the box.

Looking at how great Nintendo figures have been lately has really made me wish there were more quality video game figure out there. McFarlane stuff is just okay, and NECA seems few and far between these days. I'd kill for a nice, consistent 6" scale Marvel Legends equivalent for video game characters.

Looking forward to the Mezco MKX line and the NECA Dante, though.
I'd absolutely kill for a Halo Figuarts or Figma line.

Enron

Banned
Here's a simple rule of thumb: if there is something that you previously would've posted in FigureGAF, and you're wondering if since that thread is locked you should post it here instead, maybe don't.

Gundams - those would have gone in the other thread, and aren't little girl fanservice etc.

Are those ok here?

LiK

I feel like there's a time loop. I see some posts and then *POOF* they're gone.... Wtf is going on today?

i guess boatgirls aren't allowed even in Nendo form.

Gundams - those would have gone in the other thread, and aren't little girl fanservice etc.

Are those ok here?

Gundams have been posted here for a while. i don't see a problem with them unless the rules have changed.

again, need an official answer for this. Because it does seem like the rules have changed.
as anything that would be posted in this thread could've and had a high chance of being posted in the other thread, its not a defined rule. All you can really do is post and see if it gets deleted

Enron

Banned
as anything that would be posted in this thread could've and had a high chance of being posted in the other thread, its not a defined rule. All you can really do is post and see if it gets deleted

or get perm'd. not risking an account for that. Would be helpful to get a ruling from Cyan or whoever is policing the thread

LiK

again, need an official answer for this. Because it does seem like the rules have changed.

this is in OP for what they consider action figures:

An action figure is a poseable character figurine, made of plastic or other materials, and often based upon characters from a film, comic book, video game, or television program.

Gundam applies.

Einbroch

Banned
I thought I was obeying the rules.

I love Nendoroids. I love GAF. Nendoroids are a majority of my collection. They were okay to post here before (and I have posted them here in the past), they were okay'd after by both a mod and regulars. I posted a Nendoroid, it was deleted.

I'm just confused. I don't want to cause trouble, but now the rules have changed, apparently? I dunno. Nendoroids aren't inappropriate at all, and a lot of people here like the posability of them.

I just want to discuss Nendoroids. If I have to make a thread (and if it's allowed), I will.

Here's a simple rule of thumb: if there is something that you previously would've posted in FigureGAF, and you're wondering if since that thread is locked you should post it here instead, maybe don't.
or get perm'd. not risking an account for that. Would be helpful to get a ruling from Cyan or whoever is policing the thread
Cyan's rule was if it would be posted in figuregaf dont post it here, so, no gundams, no play arts, no hot toys, no figmas

Muzicfreq

Banned
this is in OP for what they consider action figures:

Gundam applies.
So do kancolle since they are from a game when you think about it and there's figmas and nendos are also posable.
Persona characters are also from games obviously.

But I guess ... Heh... Those don't matter

Draxal

I thought I was obeying the rules.

I love Nendoroids. I love GAF. Nendoroids are a majority of my collection. They were okay to post here before (and I have posted them here in the past), they were okay'd after by both a mod and regulars. I posted a Nendoroid, it was deleted.

I'm just confused. I don't want to cause trouble, but now the rules have changed, apparently? I dunno. Nendoroids aren't inappropriate at all, and a lot of people here like the posability of them.

Honestly, most nendos are appropriate but some of the Kancolle ones with the damaged forms make me roll my eyes, but I don't think I've ever seen them posted here.

Top Bottom