• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Rootbeer

Banned
*edit* (40 mins later) some are sold out now. wishlist them and keep checking.

NEW 6" Star Wars figures for $16 and change! (normal amazon price is $22)
IG-88, Boushh, Commander Cody!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MYL77HM/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MYL77MC/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MYL74EI/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MYL77EK/?tag=neogaf0e-20 (this one is also part of the case in the next paragraph)

Even more star wars goodness... (Emperor Palpatine, Clone Trooper Captain, Han & Luke in Stormtrooper Gear) case of 4 discounted to 71.99 with free shipping. These are also brand new.
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/star-wars-6-figures-4-pack?BR=495&ID=34832

dankir

Iron Man 3 Bones is released.

11401329_850947171656186_8095909597632034090_n.jpg

11401384_1129524930394978_5071945652664425222_n.jpg

11140253_1129524940394977_921163949553614113_n.jpg

11401461_1585356495064329_1871289704714057615_n.jpg

11391554_1585356501730995_3933495708479930602_n.jpg

11053210_1585356591730986_3714623940329547302_n.jpg

$10 for 6" Star Wars Biker Scout & Bike

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/vod:37...36677944730863987247&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

(please don't buy them all, i'm about to head to target to price match :p)

Jabba is also $10. open in a mobile browser or try looking it up on the mobile walmart app
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-The-Black-Series-Jabba-the-Hutt-Figure/37079583

Otherwise it will show as $30

The fact that I'm not biting at $10 shows that these were really overpriced. I still have my 1983 Kenner one and it came with Salacious Crumb.

dankir

I'm still on the fence about that one. I don't really like how it looks separated, but I kinda like it as a suit. Haven't decided if I'm going to get it or not. Leaning toward skipping it. The detail is great though.

I think I'll be picking it up, I want to have all the unique armors from IM3. So after this all that's left is Stryker later this year.

I'm sure we'll get HammerHead and Shotgun in 2016.

Has anyone preordered anything from Dorkside Toys? I want to preorder some things but have never went on the site before. Thanks in advance.

yami4ct

Preorders for the Figuarts Tridoron are closing on the 22nd. Looks like I actually have to make a decision now. $205 is pretty damn expensive for what amounts to an accessory, but man it's pretty.
Who am I kidding? I'm totally putting in my order as soon as I deposit my check.

OMG OMG OMG......

Ended up checking out my local comic book ship, since they sell all types of things; figma's, figurines and all that. BUt one particular thing about this place is they buy toys and have shelves of shit, toys from 70's up to today. They always have tons of Transformers, both american and Japanese as well and someone recently dropped off a Cybertron Optimus Prime.

I always wanted this version of Prime and he's in great shape, just missing some of the missiles and a gun, which I'm already searching Ebay for it.

Congrats on the Pickup. I have to say that Cybertron Prime is up there with RID Prime and RotF Prime as my favorite mainline Optimus toy. It's brilliant in its simplicity. Not sure how the prices have gone, especially since the distribution on his wave seemed very poor at the time, but see if you can't get Cybertron Wing Saber as well. I super dig the combo of him and prime.

Bloodember

Congrats on the Pickup. I have to say that Cybertron Prime is up there with RID Prime and RotF Prime as my favorite mainline Optimus toy. It's brilliant in its simplicity. Not sure how the prices have gone, especially since the distribution on his wave seemed very poor at the time, but see if you can't get Cybertron Wing Saber as well. I super dig the combo of him and prime.
What's RotF Prime?

yami4ct

What's RotF Prime?

Revenge of the Fallen Prime. I'm specifically referring to the Leader version, of course. It's probably the best/most famous toy version of the Movie Prime design. It's also perhaps the most well detailed release Hasbro has done in a main line. Japan has done numerous versions of that mold as well. Some of them are insanely gorgeous. The Hasbro Asia Premium series versions of the mold are especially amazing.

I'd kill for the original version of the AP Optimus (with the face plate), but sadly he was expensive and very limited run. His after market prices are insane. Hasbro's original edition is still amazing and quite the steal for $50 back when he came out.

NEO0MJ

I'd kill for the original version of the AP Optimus (with the face plate), but sadly he was expensive and very limited run. His after market prices are insane. Hasbro's original edition is still amazing and quite the steal for $50 back when he came out.

Wasn't the only way to get it was in that double pack with leader Jetfire? Such a shame.

yami4ct

Wasn't the only way to get it was in that double pack with leader Jetfire? Such a shame.

You are thinking of the release of the Buster Optimus Prime version with the faceplate. The APS version was a standalone version of Striker Optimus (Meaning it had a few extra weapons and the shield) with a slightly better paint scheme. I believe the major differences there is that the APS version had some more silver, some vacuumeized metal parts and blue pinstriping on the flames. The APS one was also single pack. Minor differences that add up to a really premium look.

Hasbro US should really see how big a potential market for a US premium version would be. I'd love to see them do a full on release of Striker prime with all the extra accessories, the Jetwing parts, the APS paint job, and a remolded head with flip around optional faceplate (Similar to what leader DOTM prime got in Japan). They could put it in the Platinum series or even the MP series and could easily charge $100-$150.

Flintty

Revenge of the Fallen Prime. I'm specifically referring to the Leader version, of course. It's probably the best/most famous toy version of the Movie Prime design. It's also perhaps the most well detailed release Hasbro has done in a main line. Japan has done numerous versions of that mold as well. Some of them are insanely gorgeous. The Hasbro Asia Premium series versions of the mold are especially amazing.

I have the ROTF Leader Prime, he is indeed awesome. I also have Starscream and Megatron - great figures! They are boxed up in the garage though - they had to make way for my HTs.

I sadly reduced the value of Prime and Megatron though by giving them metallic custom paint jobs. They do look awesome though!

NEO0MJ

You are thinking of the release of the Buster Optimus Prime version with the faceplate. The APS version was a standalone version of Striker Optimus (Meaning it had a few extra weapons and the shield) with a slightly better paint scheme. I believe the major differences there is that the APS version had some more silver, some vacuumeized metal parts and blue pinstriping on the flames. The APS one was also single pack. Minor differences that add up to a really premium look.

Hasbro US should really see how big a potential market for a US premium version would be. I'd love to see them do a full on release of Striker prime with all the extra accessories, the Jetwing parts, the APS paint job, and a remolded head with flip around optional faceplate (Similar to what leader DOTM prime got in Japan). They could put it in the Platinum series or even the MP series and could easily charge $100-$150.

Oh, OK. It's been so long since I looked at TF toys.

I didn't buy a lot of TFP figures, but the First Edition Voyager Optimus remains my second favorite Optimus figure ever. So good.

Bloodember

Ah, ok. I have the 1st movie Prime, I think its leader version, it's the big version.

Has anyone preordered anything from Dorkside Toys? I want to preorder some things but have never went on the site before. Thanks in advance.

I've used then, fairly recently for my Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus. I have no complaints with them and as an added bonus, they don't charge until your item ships.

Anton668

was looking to pre-order 2 figures from amiami.
but was wondering what shipping and such would be.
anybody able to give a guesstimate?
chicago area if it helps.

was looking to pre-order 2 figures from amiami.
but was wondering what shipping and such would be.
anybody able to give a guesstimate?
chicago area if it helps.

It depends of how big the box is and how fast you want it.
EMS is the fastest while options lis like SAL registered (with tracking number) can take a couple of weeks but are reasonably priced.
In any case shipping charges are never outrageous unless it is something really humongous and heavy.

yami4ct

Finally bit the bullet and ordered the Figuarts Tridoron. $219 shipped seems a bit steep for just the car, but not too bad. Not gonna lie, a big selling point was all the included faces for Mr. Belt. I think it's kind of dumb the Type Speed didn't come with at least 1 normal face for him.

I didn't buy a lot of TFP figures, but the First Edition Voyager Optimus remains my second favorite Optimus figure ever. So good.

He's really cool. He accomplishes so much at a voyager size. Only thing I can remotely say bad about it is the way the canopy turns into the feet is a bit funny, but that's a minor complaint at best.

Replicant

Finally bit the bullet and ordered the Figuarts Tridoron. $219 shipped seems a bit steep for just the car, but not too bad. Not gonna lie, a big selling point was all the included faces for Mr. Belt. I think it's kind of dumb the Type Speed didn't come with at least 1 normal face for him.

Where did you pre-ordered? I checked every usual place and they no longer taking preorder atm.

yami4ct

Where did you pre-ordered? I checked every usual place and they no longer taking preorder atm.

Nin-Nin Game. They and Nippon-Yassan are the only ones still taking orders. Nin-Nin is also way cheaper than N-Y in this case as they offer a significant amount more discount points and shipping is $15 versus N-Y's $40+. It's my first time using the site, but the general consensus is that they're fine unless you have to get in contact with Customer Service. Their CS is apparently super slow. Given the pre-order only nature of Exclusives, I don't really expect there to be a major issue.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
My AmiAmi order finally came in
a few days ago but I've been so busy playing with them I haven't posted here yet
! EMS is amazing.

Those Sofubis are absolutely adorable and more than make up for missing Nendo Isabelle. I'm loving Yoshi a lot more than I thought I would as well! And those G&W bookends...mmm!

Replicant

Nin-Nin Game. They and Nippon-Yassan are the only ones still taking orders. Nin-Nin is also way cheaper than N-Y in this case as they offer a significant amount more discount points and shipping is $15 versus N-Y's $40+. It's my first time using the site, but the general consensus is that they're fine unless you have to get in contact with Customer Service. Their CS is apparently super slow. Given the pre-order only nature of Exclusives, I don't really expect there to be a major issue.

Oh, yeah. I remember Nin-Nin still having it but the price is $50 more expensive than the list price. I have to think about this. Is it unlikely that this will show up on AmiAmi again after it's released?

yami4ct

Oh, yeah. I remember Nin-Nin still having it but the price is $50 more expensive than the list price. I have to think about this. Is it unlikely that this will show up on AmiAmi again after it's released?

AmiAmi isn't going to get it because it's a webshop exclusive. You have to go through one of the Middleman services like N-Y or Nin-Nin. RRP is 24,840 JPY and Nin-Nin is 25,590, so their markup is only like $8.

Replicant

AmiAmi isn't going to get it because it's a webshop exclusive. You have to go through one of the Middleman services like N-Y or Nin-Nin. RRP is 24,840 JPY and Nin-Nin is 25,590, so their markup is only like $8.

Thank you for the clarification. For some reason I got the impression it's cheaper. I guess I'll order from Nin-Nin then. I did order the Asuka Hobby Japan Exclusive from them after all.

DemiMatt

Got this bad boy Tues night, UPS guy blacked out the labels so people would not steal it. He was in the know. At first I was bummed when I sold my TFA version, but due to the shield paint chipping and the additional headsculpts with increased likeness I made the right choice with this guy.

11537701_10155927318370508_7136525686888480214_n.jpg

Red Comet

20150612_222802795_iOS.jpg

Well, after owning him for a few days, I can easily say that the new Kuuga is my favorite Figuart ever. Absolutely fantastic. Hibiki isn't bad either. Bring on renewal Decade and Agito!

I bought the main 4 Gaim figuarts as well a few weeks ago, but haven't had a chance to open them yet. Might get to that this weekend.

Fjordson

Well, after owning him for a few days, I can easily say that the new Kuuga is my favorite Figuart ever. Absolutely fantastic. Hibiki isn't bad either. Bring on renewal Decade and Agito!

I bought the main 4 Gaim figuarts as well a few weeks ago, but haven't had a chance to open them yet. Might get to that this weekend.
Ooh, Kamen Rider! Awesome pick ups breh. The Kuuga one looks really great.

I'm pretty new as far as collecting figures goes, but figuarts has been maybe the most consistently impressive line that I've personally seen. Every one I've bought is top notch.

Red Comet

Ooh, Kamen Rider! Awesome pick ups breh. The Kuuga one looks really great.

I'm pretty new as far as collecting figures goes, but figuarts has been maybe the most consistently impressive line that I've personally seen. Every one I've bought is top notch.

Yeah, Figuarts are amazing. There have been some duds here or there (*cough* OOO *cough*), but like you said, they're pretty consistently great. Especially this new line of Kamen Rider Figuarts starting with HIbiki and Renewal Kabuto that are meant to mimic realistic human proportions.

Fjordson

Yeah, Figuarts are amazing. There have been some duds here or there (*cough* OOO *cough*), but like you said, they're pretty consistently great. Especially this new line of Kamen Rider Figuarts starting with HIbiki and Renewal Kabuto that are meant to mimic realistic human proportions.
I want to pick up this one. I love how they put the wear and tear in his suit just like you'd see on the show lol. Such a neat detail: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KMO1274/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Delio

I REALLY need Kuuga.

Replicant

How did you manage to get Kuuga already? Isn't the release date is July 2015 in Japan?

Red Comet

I want to pick up this one. I love how they put the wear and tear in his suit just like you'd see on the show lol. Such a neat detail: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KMO1274/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Yeah, that's from the post-Renewal Black/Black RX line. They look really well done and are relatively cheap to get right now, but I don't have any yet. I'm afraid that if I pick them up that I will feel compelled to start a Showa Rider collection as well.

I REALLY need Kuuga.

How did you manage to get Kuuga already? Isn't the release date is July 2015 in Japan?

The original release in Japan was April and it's being reissued in July. However, Bluefin seems to be distributing Kuuga stateside right now. I got mine from this third-party Amazon seller and it looks like there are still some in stock:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OZ5J3MC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

$45 is probably as cheap as Kuuga will get for quite a while. Well worth the price though.

Fjordson

Just ordered play arts Kai Raiden (from MGS 2). I need to calm down on figures for a bit lol. Got Android 16 figuarts last week, have Gohan and Goku coming later this month and have a Revoltech Eva unit 01 coming tomorrow.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Dang, Figma Snake is in stock on AmiAmi but Figma Lucina isn't yet. C'mon Lucina, don't get delayed again!

Top Bottom