• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

It really is. I love the Body mold, and the paint work is phenomenal. It is sleek and stands out in any collection.
My only gripe about the body mold is that my Superior Spidey can do the splits a little more than 2099. The paint job is the cleanest I've ever had on a Legend, which is really nice!

I also love the plastic. The back of his head is so smooth... It's actually kinda relaxing just running your finger along it. Heh.
Hey, what DC line of figure scales with Marvel Legends?
I want to start getting more figures than just Spider Man and EVAs. lol
There are going to be really cool looking and highly articulated DC Icons figures releasing later this year.
DCC_new52_inMemoriam_thumb_5501e7769668a0.87881760.jpg

LiK

Well, decided to pick up the Quiet Play-Arts cuz it looks like i might love MGSV from reviews. it seems to be sold out everywhere. Toynk was selling it through Amazon for a few bucks less than MSRP so why not. Some people on Reddit said it might be a bootleg if the boobs aren't that squeezable. Don't care about that "feature" but i hope there aren't bootlegs for her so soon after release. thankfully, returns with Amazon is easy even if it's from a reseller.

NEO0MJ

Holy crap that is some haul, very impressive and very expensive. I would love all of them but just can't keep up! How do you people afford all this cool stuff?!! I must learn from the masters...

Only one solution for it, really. You'll need a higher paying job.

dankir

Yup! Pretty much it, I'm at 71 figures I think and have another 10 - 12 on pre-order going on in 2016 in the AoU line.

After that I'm going to cut down my HT figure buying significantly, wife and I are planning to have our first child in 2016 so I doubt I'll have the cash.

I'll post a pic of my stack at home tonight and its getting out of hand lol.

Where did you order it from? I want to pick it up.

Also Starboost is a great figure, I kind of wish the HT one was diecast it feels too light in plastic. So definitely go the KingArts route if you can.

I picked mine up at my local comic shop. Great bunch of guys who look out for and look after me with regards to Hot Toys. Agreed about the plastic nature of Starboost. Diecast wouldve been insane if they did it!

I dont think I could manage a higher paying job...at least not with this attitude I wont!!!

Yup! Pretty much it, I'm at 71 figures I think and have another 10 - 12 on pre-order going on in 2016 in the AoU line.

After that I'm going to cut down my HT figure buying significantly, wife and I are planning to have our first child in 2016 so I doubt I'll have the cash.

I look forward to seeing the stack! Mine are currently hidden away in their shipper boxes filling a few wardrobes...and various other spots about the house...I think I have a serious problem. Appx 4 years ago I'd have laughed at anyone if theyd suggest that Id spend what I have on statues/Hot Toys.

Got my first child due any day now, so my days of Hot Toys purchasing have been numbered since about a year ago. Funnily enough, I am pretty OK with it. If anything, knowing I cant have em all means that I want them more and has me a little more enthusiastic.

curb

Banned

Yes, please. I believe you posted a pic early in this thread of your basement(?) and I'd love to see how much worse it's gotten.

LiK

my Hot Toys pile is pretty ridiculous. sold some just for space. been collecting since Hot Toys first started.

Fjordson

The Hot Toys Starboost does look pretty good...even if it's not diecast.

I just want an Iron Man suit for under $300. Maybe I'll just grab a Hot Toys one, even if they are plastic. Their sculpt and paint apps look so good.

LiK

The Hot Toys Starboost does look pretty good...even if it's not diecast.

I just want an Iron Man suit for under $300. Maybe I'll just grab a Hot Toys one, even if they are plastic. Their sculpt and paint apps look so good.

most are going below $300 cuz they make too many now. oversaturation of IM armor.

Fjordson

most are going below $300 cuz they make too many now. oversaturation of IM armor.
Yeah, I'm noticing that. Goddamn there are a lot lol. Seems like if it's above $300 it's most likely a diecast one.

I guess I could pay a little more for diecast...I don't know, I feel like I'm staring into an abyss of money loss if I start down this path.

dankir

The IM3 armors yes, the Die Cast or Avengers one will always be more expensive. How much does the Mark 42 go for now?

And actually if anybody wants to get one Hot Toys IM3 armor get Igor, he's the coolest figure they've released. So huge, so detailed. My favorite of the IM3 armors by far.

1402459_10155589031315451_3773861118919242220_o.jpg

The IM3 armors yes, the Die Cast or Avengers one will always be more expensive. How much does the Mark 42 go for now?

And actually if anybody wants to get one Hot Toys IM3 armor get Igor, he's the coolest figure they've released. So huge, so detailed. My favorite of the IM3 armors by far.

1402459_10155589031315451_3773861118919242220_o.jpg

Is that middle Tony Stark from the Arc Reactor Creation set? If so, how is it? I've had my eye on it for a while hoping it would get cheaper or a decent coupon but it never does. I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and get it.

dankir

Igor looks dope, but $500 is a bit crazy.

I may just start with Starboost or the Heartbreaker armor.

There's a couple of us (including myself) who are getting Hulkbuster at 825 bucks lol. Igor isn't that crazy when you think about it.

He's huge, tons or articulation, great detail. Anyways you're telling us you want one armor, you'll end up with lots down the line.

Is that middle Tony Stark from the Arc Reactor Creation set? If so, how is it? I've had my eye on it for a while hoping it would get cheaper or a decent coupon but it never does. I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and get it.

Yeah, the face sculpt is top notch, probably one of the best looking ones they've made. Much better than mech test Tony Stark, or IM3 workshop stark. That's why I had used him in this photo.

NEO0MJ

Personally I wish I bought Iron Monger or Iron Patriot but it's too late for that now.

dankir

Personally I wish I bought Iron Monger or Iron Patriot but it's too late for that now.

They're both readily available on eBay though. I think he was 440 when he came out? I think that's how I paid for him. There are a few at about 550 though, great figure though.

Iron Patriot is still at his regular price though, he was 309.99 you can get him for 10 - 15 bucks less on eBay with free shipping too.

NEO0MJ

Iron Patriot is still at his regular price though, he was 309.99 you can get him for 10 - 15 bucks less on eBay with free shipping too.

Besides money, my bigest problem with Monger is that I have no where to put him in. In fact that's been my problem for some time now. My detolfs are full and I have no place for a third one.

As for patriot, I thought some said he might be hard to find? Maybe I confused him for another armor.

which Iron Patriot? there's 3 versions, iirc

Oh, really? Fuck.

LiK

There's only 1 Iron Patriot by Hot Toys. LiK probably means War Machine/Rhodey since they are all the same character, but there is only 1 Iron Patriot armor.

1 with the US flag colors (in IM3).

1 with War Machine colors which they call the prototype (not seen in movie but same sculpt as Patriot)

and last with US colors promoting Avengers 2. forgot what the difference was with the first one

dankir

1 with War Machine colors which they call the prototype (not seen in movie but same sculpt as Patriot)

and last with US colors promoting Avengers 2. forgot what the difference was with the first one

The only real different between the War Machine Mark 2 from IM3 and War Machine from AoU is the paint. There are some minor details on the armor itself. But the paint application is the biggest change.

Video comparison from Budget Stark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZS-scFi33U

maxresdefault.jpg

Also you can only get AoU War Machine from Sideshow and he's 350 bucks :( I have one payment left on him and I should be getting Black Widow and Hawkeye in September too.

Fjordson

The only real different between the War Machine Mark 2 from IM3 and War Machine from AoU is the paint. There are some minor details on the armor itself. But the paint application is the biggest change.

Video comparison from Budget Stark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZS-scFi33U

maxresdefault.jpg

Also you can only get AoU War Machine from Sideshow and he's 350 bucks :( I have one payment left on him and I should be getting Black Widow and Hawkeye in September too.
Damn, those look nice.

Big Bad Toy Store has the Mark II diecast War Machine for $262. Hmm....

dankir

Damn, those look nice.

It was 309.99 when it came out and didn't sell much. Go for it :) Very cool figure but Mark 1.0 is the most badass I find. I'll post pics tonight with my Mark 6 and Whiplash 2.0

Yes, that is Iron Patriot.

That is War Machine Mark II, and there's also Hot Rod, a War Machine Mark II prototype.

dankir already covered this, but that one is War Machine Mark II in the new AoU color scheme.

I get what you're saying, all of these armors are either repaints, retools and worn by the same character, but Hot Toys has only ever released 1 figure named "Iron Patriot" in 1/6 scale. It's less confusing for people that aren't super familiar with Iron Man/Marvel to refer to the separate armors by their individual names or designations.

Damn, those look nice.

I say go for it, the War Machine Mark II/Iron Patriot mold is one of the best Iron Man figures they've ever done. As dankir pointed out, there are two releases of War Machine Mark II, the one BBTS has is the one on the left in the picture dankir posted.

Come on Hot Toys, where are the MGSV figures? Hopefully they will at least reveal the BIg Boss figure next week.

Are they rumored to be? I kinda hope not, because my wallet can't take it. I already have both Raidens preordered. Though I suppose the only other MGS figures I'd want are Snake, Grey Fox, and Sniper Wolf.

I love figures but usually can't afford them. That said: I saw a Batman: TAS Joker figure in Kansas City's Vintage Stock and couldn't resist. It's probably the best Joker figure I've ever seen. I like it way more than those ultra-detailed movie Joker figures, even. It came with several accessories: hands, a pearl necklace, a telescope, an icepick, and a comb.

It fits in great on my shelf. One of these days I'll try to pick up a series 1 design Batman figure, whenever that comes out.

I love figures but usually can't afford them. That said: I saw a Batman: TAS Joker figure in Kansas City's Vintage Stock and couldn't resist. It's probably the best Joker figure I've ever seen. I like it way more than those ultra-detailed movie Joker figures, even. It came with several accessories: hands, a pearl necklace, a telescope, an icepick, and a comb.

It fits in great on my shelf. One of these days I'll try to pick up a series 1 design Batman figure, whenever that comes out.
Nice pickup!

The series 1 Batman figure should be releasing later this year.

There will also be a Mask of the Phantasm two-pack that includes the same figure packaged with the Phantasm.

I'm really hoping that they'll produce a Gray Ghost figure.

LiK

Yes, that is Iron Patriot.

That is War Machine Mark II, and there's also Hot Rod, a War Machine Mark II prototype.

dankir already covered this, but that one is War Machine Mark II in the new AoU color scheme.

I get what you're saying, all of these armors are either repaints, retools and worn by the same character, but Hot Toys has only ever released 1 figure named "Iron Patriot" in 1/6 scale. It's less confusing for people that aren't super familiar with Iron Man/Marvel to refer to the separate armors by their individual names or designations.

I say go for it, the War Machine Mark II/Iron Patriot mold is one of the best Iron Man figures they've ever done. As dankir pointed out, there are two releases of War Machine Mark II, the one BBTS has is the one on the left in the picture dankir posted.

also, i own all of them, lol. i kinda just impulse buy anything related to War Machine. i still have them in boxes so i forgot they were called War Machines even with the Patriot sculpt.

Are they rumored to be? I kinda hope not, because my wallet can't take it. I already have both Raidens preordered. Though I suppose the only other MGS figures I'd want are Snake, Grey Fox, and Sniper Wolf.

I'm definitely picking up Raiden, but just the normal one. Inferno Armor looks cool but the standard looks better IMO. MGS is one of the very few series that I will buy all the figures they put out. I wish they would make MGS1 figures.

They're going to do MGS V? Shit...I definitely won't be able to resist those.

Me neither. Hopefully they won't do another The Boss. I love MGS3 and I love the character but I just couldn't bring myself to buy that horrible figure.

Fjordson

Welp..ordered War Machine. My first and last Hot Toys.

Though just out of curiosity, does anyone have that recent Raiden from Metal Gear Rising...asking for a friend.

Annnnnnd it's Nick Fury.

Will probably pick him up since I missed out on the Avengers version a while back. Spot on likeness on the sculpt for this one as well.

-------------------------------------------------

“You need to keep both eyes open!” Nick Fury is a crucial character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. and activating the Avengers Initiative to bring a team of super powerful heroes to protect the Earth from many shockingly dangerous threats!

Fans have been anticipating the reveal of a new collectible figure of this particular character and today Hot Toys is delighted to officially present the new 1/6th scale Nick Fury Collectible Figure from the fan favorite Captain America: The Winter Soldier!

The highly movie accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury in Captain America: The Winter Soldier featuring a newly developed head sculpt with removable eyepatch to reveal his injured left eye, finely tailored costume, detailed weapon and accessories, and figure stand!

Don’t pass up on the opportunity to add this important character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in your collection!

#Marvel #NickFury

11902279_10153024628662344_2991547641904250833_n.jpg

11880410_10153024628797344_6945256014555907700_n.jpg

11889488_10153024628847344_8394949611948040223_n.jpg

11049644_10153024629022344_4188758647919797360_n.jpg

11896481_10153024629252344_1771919599416490161_o.jpg

11952831_10153024629437344_7761782610039601476_o.jpg

11864900_10153024629127344_459388988861616174_o.jpg

11942292_10153024629822344_1094125374438018932_o.jpg

11896157_10153024629372344_332244378002786710_o.jpg

11225757_10153024629702344_8513594891705074327_o.jpg

11903824_10153024630082344_4386390398415306588_n.jpg