• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

That Hot Toys Boba looks brilliant. Too steep for me though.

I don't think they've been posted in here yet. Wave 1 of The Force Awakens Black Series line has been found early. Rey looks a bit dodgy but she does come with BB-8. They look great.

TBS-1.jpg

TBS-2.jpg

TBS-3.jpg

TBS-4.jpg

TBS-5.jpg

yea, pretty high quality. Play-Arts never fails with the Halo franchise. kinda wish he was in scale with Halo 4 MC tho. still bums me out they never have consistency with the scale.

Just wanna say you were totally right their H2 Master Chief is insanely good. Then best PAK figure I have so far. Yeah the scale is shitty but they moved to the bigger scale so it'll be consistent from this point on. Not sure if I'll do H5 Chief since it's still the redesign but if it's game accurate like this one I might have to.

WolfStark

That black series packaging is so ugly

It's a shame but in line with the shitty 5POA figures. One should think they produce better in 2015 but it's the opposite. At least the 6'' figures aren't bad but unfortunatly no Captain Phasma in the first wave :(
I am not fond of the armor in the 3 3/4'' line, I hope she gets a better one in 6''.

Snaku

Banned
It's a shame but in line with the shitty 5POA figures. One should think they produce better in 2015 but it's the opposite. At least the 6'' figures aren't bad but unfortunatly no Captain Phasma in the first wave :(
I am not fond of the armor in the 3 3/4'' line, I hope she gets a better one in 6''.

Phasma is actually the reason why I'm skipping these smaller toys and saving up for the Hot Toys version of her. She's going to look glorious in 1/6 scale.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Saw a Deathstroke figure from the Arrow line at Six Flags a few days ago for $30. Was tempted to buy it, even though I only know him from Batman. I'd decide not to. Found out you could get him for at least $5 cheaper elsewere. Still gonna plan on getting him.

Drayco21

Saw a Deathstroke figure from the Arrow line at Six Flags a few days ago for $30. Was tempted to buy it, even though I only know him from Batman. I'd decide not to. Found out you could get him for at least $5 cheaper elsewere. Still gonna plan on getting him.

He's a pretty rad figure for sure, but yeah, he's not too hard to find at comic shops, and even a lot of Gamestops are starting to carry DC Collectibles figures, plus he's in stock a little under retail on Amazon still. He was my first DCC, and the quality impressed me enough that I've been sporadically picking stuff up here and there since.

Ten years ago, I started buying Marvel Legends figures. Boy have things changed.

To be fair, the Urban Legends set was probably on clearance, but the Sentinel series figures were pre-orders! (I ended up having to get Sinister from BBTS to complete Sentinel).

Rootbeer

Banned
I'd have to see if I can find a source, but I recall reading that George Miller doesn't wish to license Mad Max toys.
Hopes dashed... really too bad. Nothing wrong with adults collecting adult things right? Sorry that George feels that way.

Hot Toys AoU Cap arrived today and... I'm really torn. He's a great figure, but I'm kinda broke and he's now worth almost £100 more (on Amazon) than what I paid for him. Gah.

Edit: Yep. I'm keeping it. I'll hopefully be working soon so financial worries will be gone.

Edit II - Son of Edit: Pics!
D18hv5T.jpg

Jdj49vT.jpg

"Son, just don't."
7oLAWnM.jpg
Sorry about the image quality.

WolfStark

Phasma is actually the reason why I'm skipping these smaller toys and saving up for the Hot Toys version of her. She's going to look glorious in 1/6 scale.

I would do the same thing if I had the budget. I can imagine how great she would look from Hot Toys themselves, maybe I am lucky and she's avaible when I have the money to get her. Until that I have to take the 6'' version. But 3 3/4? Never!

LosDaddie

Banned
Hot Toys AoU Cap arrived today and... I'm really torn. He's a great figure, but I'm kinda broke and he's now worth almost £100 more (on Amazon) than what I paid for him. Gah.

Edit: Yep. I'm keeping it. I'll hopefully be working soon so financial worries will be gone.

Edit II - Son of Edit: Pics!

Sorry about the image quality.

If I remember correctly, Cap is your first Hot Toys figure, right? It looks like a great figure.

Sideshow hasn't shipped him to my LCS yet.

I had a brief moment of airheadedness. I went "Oh, that looks great, I should get one too!"

Then I realised that I already own that figure. X(
Heheheh
If I remember correctly, Cap is your first Hot Toys figure, right? It looks like a great figure.

Sideshow hasn't shipped him to my LCS yet.
Yep, first Hot Toys and probably my last... at least for a long time. I had to put it back into the box since I don't have anywhere to display him yet, which is a bit of a downer.
So, are Japanese and Anime figures part of this discussion or do I take that somewhere else?
Is all cool, breh.

yami4ct

So, apparently Bandai made some changes to their webshop and now Nippon-Yassan requires up front payment. I've seen it mentioned it's only for the November/December stuff, but we'll see. Dammit. Can't really afford to put down the cash for Drive Type Formula right now. Guess I have to wait and take my chances with Mandarake later.

EDIT:

Looks like it's the new norm. Just means I have to change the way I budget things, but still sort of sucks.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Picked up the Batman: Lil' Gotham action figures (well, excluding Harley Quinn)! I love them so much. The only downside is that there are very few points of articulation, but the silver lining is that they look better because of that fact (since there aren't tons of joints mucking up the aesthetics).

Fantomex

I got into figuarts so late. Anyone selling a Frieza or Cel? Don't care if they're missing pieces or a bit scuffed. Just not really into paying the MINT price they seem to be going for.

Please HALP.

New002

Looking to maybe get my first figure (BERSERK - RAH GUTS DARK KNIGHT VER.) and have some quick questions!

So I happened to be on Nippon-Yasan when I noticed it and pre-orders seem to be sold out. When this happens is it typically for good or do they open up another wave? How is amiami? They have preorders available still.

So I happened to be on Nippon-Yasan when I noticed it and pre-orders seem to be sold out. When this happens is it typically for good or do they open up another wave? How is amiami? They have preorders available still.

AmiAmi is pretty much the go-to shop for a lot of people. They usually have the best discounts. Hobbysearch and Hobbylink Japan are also options.

Got my ThreeA Master Chief yesterday. I've been wanting a high quality Master Chief figure for a while, so I was excited for this one. Boy what a major disappointment. It feels more like a cheap toy than a $250 figure. It has a rubber under suit with the armor parts glued on top, which would be fine, except that the rubber is loose all over the body, so it feels more like he's wearing a rubber coat. On top of that, they boast all this articulation, but the legs aren't really that articulated so it's hard to pose him any way other than museum pose. Also, they say the weapons are magnetized and stick to his back, but the magnets are so weak they don't stay on. He also can't really hold his weapons or put his arms the way the promo photos show. I'm really disappointed in this figure and going to be asking Sideshow for a refund. Reading around other forums I see I'm not the only one.

Got my ThreeA Master Chief yesterday. I've been wanting a high quality Master Chief figure for a while, so I was excited for this one. Boy what a major disappointment. It feels more like a cheap toy than a $250 figure. It has a rubber under suit with the armor parts glued on top, which would be fine, except that the rubber is loose all over the body, so it feels more like he's wearing a rubber coat. On top of that, they boast all this articulation, but the legs aren't really that articulated so it's hard to pose him any way other than museum pose. Also, they say the weapons are magnetized and stick to his back, but the magnets are so weak they don't stay on. He also can't really hold his weapons or put his arms the way the promo photos show. I'm really disappointed in this figure and going to be asking Sideshow for a refund. Reading around other forums I see I'm not the only one.

If you want a high quality MC figure I'd go with the Play Arts H2A release or wait for their H5 figure. 3A probably won't be making any more.

If you want a high quality MC figure I'd go with the Play Arts H2A release or wait for their H5 figure. 3A probably won't be making any more.

Yeah after I get rid of this I'm going to try and track down one of those PAK Master Chief figures. Another thing I didn't like about the ThreeA figure was it's HUGE. Since Master Chief is like 7 feet tall, the figure is over 13" tall and I don't really have room for him.

Top Bottom