• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adult Assaults Kids for Wearing a MAGA Hat

ruvikx

Banned
Trump says all these things to provoke hatred and violence but you only want to lay blamed on the provoked, that's not right either

There's plenty of hate coming from the other side, i.e. Clinton herself referred to tens of millions of Americans as 'deplorables'. That certainly added fuel to the fire.

Christopher

Anyone defending this is clearly a leftist lunatic. I’ve said it again violence on whatever side is NOT acceptable...especially to minors. Disgusting.

You don’t have the right to take someone’s property peroid.

Sure. Your boys killed Heather Heyer a few months ago remember?
Is that the obese woman who fell over and died of a heart attack getting out of the way of that car attack?

Edit
Just googled apparently it was a chest blunt trauma.

Last edited:

Gander

Banned
Anyone defending this is clearly a leftist lunatic. I’ve said it again violence on whatever side is NOT acceptable...especially to minors. Disgusting.

You don’t have the right to take someone’s property peroid.

Put things in perspective though, you think losing a hat is upsetting? Imagine having your children taken away. That could be a man separated from a nephew or knows someone is grieving for the loss of their children. You have to see the whole picture.

Put things in perspective though, you think losing a hat is upsetting? Imagine having your children taken away. That could be a man separated from a nephew or knows someone is grieving for the loss of their children. You have to see the whole picture.

Ah yes, that makes it acceptable to assault this kid.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Yes because this is totally the first time children have been taken away because their parents broke the law :rolleyes:

Gander

Banned
Fair enough but just so you know anti Trump people aren't some leftist wing nuts, they are people who feel they have tolerated a lot already.

Fair enough but just so you know anti Trump people aren't some leftist wing nuts, they are people who feel they have tolerated a lot already.

Same goes with pro-trump people. I can agree that Trump is a total fucking idiot and he shouldn't be president. The reason Trump is president is because people on the right have tolerated a lot already as well.

Last edited:

Gander

Banned
Nothing like what is going on now. Everyone knew there were going to be people on the right that always hated Obama even before he became President but even they can admit he never did anything to disrespect the office or make Americans as a whole look bad.

Last edited:

It's Jeff

Banned
Fuck this. If those kids were starting some shit, fuck them. And fuck throwing a drink in that other guy's face and walking off with the hat.

I hate this whole situation. Is this really what we thought life was going to be like as adults? That we'd carry on like this? Why are we so bereft of any dignity whatsoever? Who came by and scooped away our class and grace? What the hell happened to us?

Politics, whatever. Don't care. If this is how we handle our differences, we've got a lot to worry about before even thinking about politics.

luigimario

Banned
Fuck this. If those kids were starting some shit, fuck them. And fuck throwing a drink in that other guy's face and walking off with the hat.

I hate this whole situation. Is this really what we thought life was going to be like as adults? That we'd carry on like this? Why are we so bereft of any dignity whatsoever? Who came by and scooped away our class and grace? What the hell happened to us?

Politics, whatever. Don't care. If this is how we handle our differences, we've got a lot to worry about before even thinking about politics.

Erm, who came by and scooped away our class and grace? Remember when the president of the united states made fun of a disabled person? I think it was about that time.....

It's Jeff

Banned
Erm, who came by and scooped away our class and grace? Remember when the president of the united states made fun of a disabled person? I think it was about that time.....

I sure do! I recall thinking that might come back to bite him. Guess what? We're so accustomed to this kind of behavior that we didn't even blink. The incident hit the late night circuit for one week... and then gone.

If we'd had any dignity left at that point, we'd have booed him off the stage. Didn't happen. This problem goes back a lot farther than that. Can't pinpoint it yet, but I'm thinking about it.

Dunki

I sure do! I recall thinking that might come back to bite him. Guess what? We're so accustomed to this kind of behavior that we didn't even blink. The incident hit the late night circuit for one week... and then gone.

If we'd had any dignity left at that point, we'd have booed him off the stage. Didn't happen. This problem goes back a lot farther than that. Can't pinpoint it yet, but I'm thinking about it.
I think I never heard of it. But I also heard about how the press lynched him for not greeting some kid in a wheelchair while in reality he did spend the most time with this kid but the video was cut in a way that he never did it. But this is something I remember because I am very biased these days against "journalism"

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Did you just pull out the whataboutisms?! I thought only the right did that...

luigimario

Banned
I think I never heard of it. But I also heard about how the press lynched him for not greeting some kid in a wheelchair while in reality he did spend the most time with this kid but the video was cut in a way that he never did it. But this is something I remember because I am very biased these days against "journalism"

He mocked and imitated a reporter with cerebral palsy, and his supporters cheered and laughed. Now they're asking for civility in our political discourse.....

It's Jeff

Banned

I understand that - and journalism has been a partisan mess for a long time.

The thing that gets to me is that this is all on us. I'm looking at how furious this fellow is and I've watched the video a few times now and it's obvious he's upset at Trump. Makes it easy to say that Trump is such the asshole - look at how upset he's making people. But we were upset in the first place. Half the people in this country were so upset that they looked to this man for leadership in the first place, and now the other half is steaming in return.

That's on us. We've forgotten the fundamentals. We're worried about things so beyond our control. The first rule toward a world that doesn't need Trump? Don't throw your drink on somebody. Don't take his hat and say you're going to burn it. Basic human respect first, Trump later.

Same for those kids in the booth. If they did provoke him... why? Why do that? This is an us problem. Trump can't fix it, no president can. We've got to act like adults here. For God's sake, they're at the Whataburger. Burgers are a little overrated, but they've got like five fancy ketchup varieties and they're all pretty good. Just enjoy that and each other's company.

Spheyr

Banned
Trump isn't making people crazy. The media screaming at and winding everyone up is making people crazy. The leftist politicians standing up and screaming about Trump are making people crazy.

It's Jeff

Banned
He mocked and imitated a reporter with cerebral palsy, and his supporters cheered and laughed. Now they're asking for civility in our political discourse.....

And Bill Clinton took advantage of a number of young women while his wife swept it under the rug. Liberals at the time reminded us that we don't know what their relationship is like and not to judge. Hillary Clinton had the audacity to champion women's rights in 2016. People voted for her instead of demanding a candidate that wasn't complicit to her husband's hedonism. Can we end the pretense that either side of this aisle is somehow swimming in moral superiority?

This right here? This right here is how our country is turning into a Steelers bar when a squad of Ravens fans walk in. I just watched the video again and that's exactly what it feels like.

Last edited:
It's amazing that shit like this still happens.
Seriously, it never stops to amaze me that for some people the democracy is only good when the ones they support win.

American

Banned
And Bill Clinton took advantage of a number of young women while his wife swept it under the rug. Liberals at the time reminded us that we don't know what their relationship is like and not to judge. Hillary Clinton had the audacity to champion women's rights in 2016. People voted for her instead of demanding a candidate that wasn't complicit to her husband's hedonism. Can we end the pretense that either side of this aisle is somehow swimming in moral superiority?

This right here? This right here is how our country is turning into a Steelers bar when a squad of Ravens fans walk in. I just watched the video again and that's exactly what it feels like.

Nice post and it reminds me what i most like about Trump. The the left wing and right wing political elites of America have ALWAYS been corrupt and full of rank hypocrisy but before they would hide behind the veneer of moral superiority and present a false bullshit public image and try their hardest to show how respectable they are.

Not Trump though. He's a disgusting human being, repulsive in every single way and he showed that all the hard work politicians on both sides of the political aisle put into their public image... really didn't matter at all in the end. The more you hide your sleaziness and hypocrisy, the more people see right through you. Be open about who you are and people will flock to you.

People will still vote for an asshole and passionately defend him/her as long as they are open about it. That was the real lesson of 2016 election. Just be yourself and see what happens.

For all of Trumps thousand of faults, people don't realise that he's permanently changed the way American politics works because policies and truth don't matter, but who can shout and insult loudest. One day in the future, America will have a president who will make Trump look like the picture of civility because that's the path America is headed down.

It's Jeff

Banned
Nice post and it reminds me what i most like about Trump. The the left wing and right wing political elites of America have ALWAYS been corrupt and full of rank hypocrisy but before they would hide behind the veneer of moral superiority and present a false bullshit public image and try their hardest to show how respectable they are.

Not Trump though. He's a disgusting human being, repulsive in every single way and he showed that all the hard work politicians on both sides of the political aisle put into their public image... really didn't matter at all in the end. The more you hide your sleaziness and hypocrisy, the more people see right through you. Be open about who you are and people will flock to you.

People will still vote for an asshole and passionately defend him/her as long as they are open about it. That was the real lesson of 2016 election. Just be yourself and see what happens.

For all of Trumps thousand of faults, people don't realise that he's permanently changed the way American politics works because policies and truth don't matter, but who can shout and insult loudest. One day in the future, America will have a president who will make Trump look like the picture of civility because that's the path America is headed down.

Interesting observation. Makes me think that Trump is an actual reflection of ourselves, not a projection of who we'd like to be or think we are.

If that's true, ALL of this makes sense.

Dunki

And this is what many people wanted. CHANGE no matter what. And if Trump helps the democratic party to finally wake up it was a good thing that he was president.

Same goes for Germany with the AFD. Thanks to the AFD we actually now have real discussions and political members also are more aggressive with everyone. They reinstalled a feel of democracy again.

I understand the outrage. All the anger that Trump causes, people deal with it in different ways.

You ok with murder? Because that's where this route descends into.

It's upsetting to have someone take your shit away. I don't care if it was a phone or a hat. At this point the context of why doesn't even matter. It's the fact that that punk took his property. You see this purely from a political standpoint. I do not. I see it as a "you take my shit now it's time for me to act" standpoint. That beaded fool doesn't even know how to act. We're supposed to be civilized here. I don't like Trump myself, but I'm not going to go around terrorizing people who wear his campaign slogans just because of my dissatisfaction with his presidency.

That's not how things work here. It's embarrassing that you opt for moral high ground while at the same time trying to make this thing ok;specifically for people who are upset about Trump.
Also the very notion of wanting people out of the country for voting him in. Hah! All this political upheaval is what brought him in.

Someone ever attempts to throw my own drink into my face better be wearing iron under the skin of his face. Cause I'm going to jail.

Lastly, don't deflect with the immigration crisis. We all have our own problems. If you are so inclined to feel it's important, then get off of your ass and do something that will help procure a change.
That is all.

Last edited:

ilfait

Here it is for reference:

Reminds me of Larry David in an episode of Curb.

Last edited:

Dunki

Nothing like what is going on now. Everyone knew there were going to be people on the right that always hated Obama even before he became President but even they can admit he never did anything to disrespect the office or make Americans as a whole look bad.
As a Non American I can say that so called "progressives" like this guy here makes America look bad way more than Trump. But we also have a more real journalism and not some assholes trying to write how Trump did not wash his hands after taking a piss...

After Berkley we in Germany had articles about Berkley which also pointed Milo as the Victim of a radical LEFT that dirfts more and more in a violent manner.

Panda1

Banned

OMG I found a a real one. You have serious TDS . I will spare a few hours to deconstruct any fucking stupid comments like this you show, but your brain will explode from cognitive dissonance. Trump is a Nazi - but Jews love him. He is a racist and yet cant help stop helping minorities. Apart from two scoops and the Gorilla channel you got the facts!

Corderlain

Banned

Aaahhahahahahahah oh man. You serious?
Pallets of cash to Iran? Active account on Hillary's email server that he lied under oath about? Gun running with Mexican druglords? Lying about Obamacare? The IRS targeting conservatives? Spying on conservative journalists? Benghazi? NSA spying?

This is a jump at best and a leap at worst. Not everyone is engaged in a war of subterfuge or appropriating political slogans to provoke unrest, especially the young and impressionable. There was no need to escalate to violence.
If you act or dress like an asshole, don’t be surprised when someone calls you on your shit.
Anyone wearing that hat knows that it is antagonistic right now.

I see this as a simple as a talk shit get hit situation.

cr0w

Old Member
Our bridges and railways are in such bad shape ironically most of the GOP leadership almost crashed on a train a few months back. Yes we should aspire to be like Wakanda. There is no place for racism or people willing to tolerate racism here in the states. Does that make things more clear?

What's the over/under on a meteorite containing a material such as vibranium landing in the U.S. anytime soon in your fucking fantasy headspace?

Corderlain

Banned
If you act or dress like an asshole, don’t be surprised when someone calls you on your shit.

That's pretty horrific, condoning physically attacking a child for his opinion and clothing choice.

Viliger

And not a single punch was thrown, both with OP's "kids" and the guy who got tailed. U.S. is a weird country.

Dunki

What a bullshit excuse that is. I can say the same shit about feminist shirts or BLM which are also very controversial and antagonistic for people. So do not try to excuse this shitty behaviour that is indeed criminal.

If you get triggered by a fucking hat you have serious problems and you need professional help.

Last edited:

ilfait

What a bullshit excuse that is. I can say the same shit about feminist shirts or BLM which are also very controversial and antagonistic for people. So do not try to excuse this shitty behaviour that is indeed criminal.

If you get triggered by a fucking hat you have serious problems and you need professional help.
No, if you don't wear something that everyone in the world approves of then it's only right and natural that you be punished. Get with the program Dunk.

I really dislike these "oh an incident with someone getting attacked" reports, whether right or left wing. I'm not surprised there are shitty people, but someone stealing a hat and throwing things at someone for X reason, isn't really something that can be representative of a group. It usually leads to "wtf! this isn't right" and the "he asked for it" (there's a big irony in this btw) responses and further inciting conflict between each polarized political unit. That there are shitty people that do things like that, whether politically motivated or motivated by fandom, isn't really news to me and I wouldn't doubt you if you claimed that it has likely happened to a Hillary supporter as well. That said, it's not really newsworthy in my opinion.

Last edited:

Corderlain

Banned
So I did some digging. The man's been identified, and fired from his job. He threatened the kids while stealing from them which qualifies this as a robbery which is a felony on Texas where this happened. The kids are pressing charges. The man already has a criminal record.

You could very well say that about BLM or feminis shirts. What you wear is a statement of your beliefs. Don’t be surprised when some people get worked up about a knowing antagonistic statement you are spewing.

As for this being an attack. Yes, by law this could be considered an assault. I doubt many would consider a drink thrown as an actual act of violence. How does liquid hurt a 16 year boy?

Dunki

No, if you don't wear something that everyone in the world approves of then it's only right and natural that you be punished. Get with the program Dunk.
Cool so I can do this with feminist caps as well since there the acceptance of feminsm in the UK for example is under 7%

Finally I have the reason to go out and assault every feminist wearing person I see. Time to load up my Super Soaker.

2017%2F07%2F11%2Fc7%2Fd282e67300cc43488bc4e94a757a3259.55490.jpg

ilfait

I really dislike these "oh an incident with someone getting attacked" reports, whether right or left wing. I'm not surprised there are shitty people, but someone stealing a hat and throwing things at someone for X reason, isn't really something that can be representative of a group. It usually leads to "wtf! this isn't right" and the "he asked for it" (there's a big irony in this btw) responses and further inciting conflict between each polarized political unit. That there are shitty people that do things like that, whether politically motivated or motivated by fandom, isn't really news to me and I wouldn't doubt you if you claimed that it has likely happened to a Hillary supporter as well. That said, it's not really newsworthy in my opinion.
I like them 'cause they interest me, but you're right about the ridiculous generalisations that are often drawn from them. It's true that some incidents are indicative of patterns, but not all, not in every detail, and not to every degree.

Dunki

You could very well say that about BLM or feminis shirts. What you wear is a statement of your beliefs. Don’t be surprised when some people get worked up about a knowing antagonistic statement you are spewing.

As for this being an attack. Yes, by law this could be considered an assault. I doubt many would consider a drink thrown as an actual act of violence. How does liquid hurt a 16 year boy?
I would sue this person up his ass and luckily he already has lost his Job so everything is fine.

Again using this as excuse for an assault robbery (by law) is pretty weak

MayauMiao

So I did some digging. The man's been identified, and fired from his job. He threatened the kids while stealing from them which qualifies this as a robbery which is a felony on Texas where this happened. The kids are pressing charges. The man already has a criminal record.

But somehow there will be someone defending the attacker just because he is anti Trump.

ilfait

Cool so I can do this with feminist caps as well since there the acceptance of feminsm in the UK for example is under 7%

Finally I have the reason to go out and assault every feminist wearing person I see. Time to load up my Super Soaker.

2017%2F07%2F11%2Fc7%2Fd282e67300cc43488bc4e94a757a3259.55490.jpg
I'm not saying you should, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't pay to see you in action with your SS (excuse the pun).

Top Bottom