• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things:

1) Called it (Specifically at: 12-20-2013, 10:32 AM)

I'm going to go with Tree Trunks and the Pig for the "surprise" option!

2) Crazy episode and quite honestly I don't know what has happened with character writing but I'm not even enjoying watching Bubblegum or LSP anymore. They just act like jerks a lot of the time.

actually, one more thing

3) Wasn't Cinnamon Bun with Flame Princess now? Why was he back hanging out with PB?

Mr. F

Banned
There was a new one about a wedding. It was kind of messed up but not in a good way. I hate pretty much any episode with tree trunks as the focal point.

Ey82O.gif

yeah agreed.

zeemumu

That was an odd episode. They keep getting more and more risque. I thought that the french maid thing in "Root Beer Guy" was as suggestive as it would get, but then the open-mouth tongue kissing and that ending, and the bologna factory. Tree Trunks just knocked LSP out of first place for most suggestive character.

I feel like PB is going to become an antagonist fairly soon. Her science experiments are getting out of hand, and she's been voicing plans to cement her rule permanently in her "eternal empire." I feel like all of this is going to culminate in some kind of rebellion against PB and zombie James' return, along with the rest of her experiments, will probably have something to do with it. Although I kind of doubt that Marceline would allow anything bad to happen to PB.

Tuck

That was an odd episode. They keep getting more and more risque. I thought that the french maid thing in "Root Beer Guy" was as suggestive as it would get, but then the open-mouth tongue kissing and that ending, and the bologna factory. Tree Trunks just knocked LSP out of first place for most suggestive character.

Yeah, a lot of the jokes aren't even subtle - the sexual connotations are clear as day. But its hilarious as fuck so I'm good with that.

3) Wasn't Cinnamon Bun with Flame Princess now? Why was he back hanging out with PB?

It's been implied that CN has been airing the Season 5 episodes out of order. That, or this episode's scriptwriters didn't get the memo.
He still does, in the promo poster for this episode, which they did in the form of a comic, he's in the Fire Kingdom and realizes what day it is and bails out to go to the wedding. I'd post the picture if I wasn't on my phone :

Psxphile

He still does, in the promo poster for this episode, which they did in the form of a comic, he's in the Fire Kingdom and realizes what day it is and bails out to go to the wedding. I'd post the picture if I wasn't on my phone :

Wow, how'd I miss that? Anyway, picture in question:

Interesting direction they went with Charlie. Think it'd come up again?

Words cannot express how disappointed I am by the fact that kingofooo.com is not a real thing.

They were probably barred from uttering the tumblr portion of the url.

TheOGB

Banned
Omg that's adorable. And hilarious. So it's Adventure Time in a nutshell.

I just realized that when it comes to BMO, love is literally in the air.

Just been catching up on S5 and holy fuck,the glitch in the system episode...Wow. Jake and PBs hand kissing at the end was...diffrent.
Even the next few after are pretty out there! Baby Ricky haha and how bmo covers his hand with a leaf..

Ice King hasn't been an antagonist since season 1.
Magic Man is the real main antagonist.

I've considered Lich King the main antagonist since the epic three-parter at the beginning of the current season. It feels like forever since we've seen him since they've expanded the season's length, but I suspect we'll see him pop up in one way or another at the end of the season.

I've considered Lich King the main antagonist since the epic three-parter at the beginning of the current season. It feels like forever since we've seen him since they've expanded the season's length, but I suspect we'll see him pop up in one way or another at the end of the season.

I don't know, seems like he got trapped between dimensions, not sure how they're gonna bring him back. The sky witch however seemed to be brewing up something nasty in her episode so we'll either see her as the villain or maybe she brings him back somehow.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Caught up to the Root Beer Guy/James episodes, just this week's to watch yet and im there!

Is there going to be an actual cap on this season or are they going to keep going ad infinitum? The Lich three-parter seems so long ago compared to where we are now.

Caught up to the Root Beer Guy/James episodes, just this week's to watch yet and im there!

Is there going to be an actual cap on this season or are they going to keep going ad infinitum? The Lich three-parter seems so long ago compared to where we are now.

There is an end to this season, yes. When they decided to scrap/backburner the movie they just extended it to a double season. But there'll be a Season 6 proper.

Crocodile

Enjoyable episode but man what crawled up PB's butt and died?

I do hope all this "PB is acting crazy" stuff does actually pay off down the line in a big way. I'm sure I've said this before but while I like all the little threads they seem to be laying down, they are taking FOREVER to capitalize on them and the format (15 mins every week or every other week or whatever) isn't helping.

when and where was word given bout the movie being put aside? link a brother?
I'm not meaning this as any kind of up my own ass braggart thing, but I'm friends with Pen and Natasha so that's where I've gotten all my info about it. But if you need a link to the tweet confirming they dropped it:

https://twitter.com/JesseMoynihan/status/405452462611369984

and

tumblr_mwwc88nn7D1s8p90mo1_1280.jpg

EDIT: Jesse "Jmoyns" Moynihan has written several episodes for the show, as well as done storyboards. Apparently, the character Shoko who appeared in "The Vault" was named after his mother.

That summary goes with what Natasha told me. I don't want to give away more of it because they're still using parts but the general idea seemed to be that Pen wanted there to be no one person writing it, that it would be written in chunks by the board artists. They looked at it when it was done and it was really disjointed, so they scrapped it and, as stated here, used the good bits for episodes in the current and next season. The plot DID sound pretty lame though, I was baffled that they couldn't come up with a more interesting story because it's fucking Adventure Time and they can literally do anything with the characters.

zeemumu

I'm not meaning this as any kind of up my own ass braggart thing, but I'm friends with Pen and Natasha so that's where I've gotten all my info about it. But if you need a link to the tweet confirming they dropped it:

That summary goes with what Natasha told me. I don't want to give away more of it because they're still using parts but the general idea seemed to be that Pen wanted there to be no one person writing it, that it would be written in chunks by the board artists. They looked at it when it was done and it was really disjointed, so they scrapped it and, as stated here, used the good bits for episodes in the current and next season. The plot DID sound pretty lame though, I was baffled that they couldn't come up with a more interesting story because it's fucking Adventure Time and they can literally do anything with the characters.

I was going to read your post but I got sidetracked reading the story behind your tag.

Tuck

Well, at least some of the ideas from the movie are gonna be sprinkled into episodes, rather than just scrapped entirely.

I'm glad they were also aware that the movie would contradict events that happened in episodes - I'm a sucker for good continuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom