• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

image.php

Apples have flesh :p

F7Fy7.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Marc Maron should do another voice. The Squirrel was great and they really wrote for him as a comedian
KuGsj.gif

Not sure about the last episode. I liked it, but something was off with the animals... They looked like they didn't belong in the show, they don't fit with the regular characters. I think it was their eyes.....

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Not sure about the last episode. I liked it, but something was off with the animals... They looked like they didn't belong in the show, they don't fit with the regular characters. I think it was their eyes.....
Yeah, the art style used for those animals seemed different.

I think it's probably the worst episode in the series.

I liked up a tree. It was a good back to basics episode, just a weird adventure ep. I like the plot heavy episodes but some one offs are good too

FillerB

Yeah, the art style used for those animals seemed different.

I think it's probably the worst episode in the series.
While it's true that the animals seemed off, "worst" is a pretty big overstatement. It was funny, even "Hot Fuzz"-like, and LSP was nowhere to be seen so it couldn't have been THE worst.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I kinda didn't like how the tree animals didn't fit with the art style of the rest of the show. I think it was the eyes. The episode was fun though.

Edit: Somehow missed AlexMoche saying exactly the same thing up there.

CorvoSol

I liked up a tree. It was a good back to basics episode, just a weird adventure ep. I like the plot heavy episodes but some one offs are good too

Yeah, it was nice to just have a dumb adventure for a change. Between this and Another Five Graybles I'd say the season is off to a good start. Still, we're up for some real feel-invokers, too. Marcy and Simon and Jake the Dad in particular.

Adventure Time is amazing. It's absolutely brilliant. Pendleton Ward somehow tapped into his inner child. I want to re-connect with mine as well. It reminds me of Axe Cop, only this show was conceived by actual adults.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Really enjoyed Up A Tree. Just the small things- Jake hanging out with Rainicorn, them waving to the snail, the psychotic chants by the animals, all made for a nice adventure of the week episode. S'all good fun.

I watched the first episode of AT a while ago, and I found it quite unpleasantly cynical and a little too "zeitgeist" for my tastes.

After everyone spent about a year telling me to try it again, I did, and suddenly it clicked with me. It's not really cynical at all - quite the opposite, in fact.

I just finished "City of Thieves" and so far every episode has been great. I think "The Enchiridion" and "Tree Trunks" are my two favourites though.

Tuck

Showed my friends Adventure Time. They weren't sure about it at first but now they really like it.

We made Bacon pancakes this morning, based off the jingle. They died when they heard it.

suzu

Showed my friends Adventure Time. They weren't sure about it at first but now they really like it.

We made Bacon pancakes this morning, based off the jingle. They died when they heard it.

Haha, awesome. After watching that episode the first time I too went and made them the next day. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en_sVVjWFKk

I have this version as my ringtone

Also in regards to up a tree, apparently there was a donald duck cartoon called Up a Tree where a bunch of tree dwelling critters gave donald a hard time when he tried to climb up so we definitely have confirmation that the episode was an homage/spoof of that style of cartoon.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They're speaking Simish.
I want to play "The Sims: Land of Ooo Edition" now.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Awesome episode.
It looked like it was making fun of the shippers. With Finn's weird suggestion of BMO and Ice King, and Finn ruining the lives of the mini-versions.

Raxus

Man what a creepy episode. Seeing how Finn has progressed over the past few seasons it also makes sense.

Ninjimbo

That was classic. It was strange and a bit scary, but you could say that about all the episodes involving Magic Man.

Awesome episode.
It looked like it was making fun of the shippers. With Finn's weird suggestion of BMO and Ice King, and Finn ruining the lives of the mini-versions.

This sounds about right, pretty brilliant. I'm not saying the show is brilliant, but that's a pretty brilliant theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom