• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered a custom Gelaskins hard case for my new phone, used the It Came From The Nightosphere title card. Hoping it turns out well.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yeah, ending was a cop out. I guess they had to fix the status quo somehow.
I do hope they show up again, plenty of story opportunities.

That was a cop out ending

It was especially disappointing considering:

a) The previous episode was a genuine depiction of Finn grappling with the next stage in his maturity that he doesn't fully understand (adolescence), and

b) Most of this episode makes it seem like Jake is going through the same process with adulthood. How useful is the lesson learned if
his kids grew up before he had a chance to own that responsibility
?

This has been a pretty big letdown considering the direction Adventure Time seemed to be taking recently.

Mesoian

It was pretty cute though, but I guess it makes sense why they could break up the team...

But yeah, kind of a cop out.

Jake Jr. pretty much talks out of her butt

It's official, Kristan Schaal is in everything now.

As well she should be. She would have made Wreckit Ralph way better if she voiced veneloppe rather than sarah silverman

I about died from laughter when Jake saw Finn hitting two of his kids together.

Ending was meh, but the episode was nice overall. Hopefully they show up again.

FillerB

Bit of a disappointment all around really. You would think that Lady explained Jake some basic stuff about the development of Rainicorn pups or at least stop him from freaking out over everything. Maybe she did (I don't speak Korean) but it felt weird nonetheless.

But that ending... ugh. From super overbearing dad to complete slacker.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Bit of a disappointment all around really. You would think that Lady explained Jake some basic stuff about the development of Rainicorn pups or at least stop him from freaking out over everything. Maybe she did (I don't speak Korean) but it felt weird nonetheless.

But that ending... ugh. From super overbearing dad to complete slacker.

At one point, Lady says to Jake not to worry, the children can take care of themselves.

Funny, but it felt like the message had been done before with other episodes about Jake's parents, and the sitcom-return-to-status-quo meaning that Jake won't even live with his own family was almost more depressing than disappointing.

TimmiT

Don't really see them changing the series to have Jake live somewhere else. The show has always primarily been about a boy going on adventures with his dog. The serious plot has always been in the background except for maybe a couple of episodes. I also think people would have complained if it didn't go back into the status quo, so I don't think there was really a way for them to make end this episode on something the majority would like. At least when it comes to the fans that post on message boards.

I thought it was a good episode overall though.

CorvoSol

Don't really see them changing the series to have Jake live somewhere else. The show has always primarily been about a boy going on adventures with his dog. The serious plot has always been in the background except for maybe a couple of episodes. I also think people would have complained if it didn't go back into the status quo, so I don't think there was really a way for them to make end this episode on something the majority would like. At least when it comes to the fans that post on message boards.

I thought it was a good episode overall though.

Well, I mean, I get WHY it was done, but I thought that magical aging children was a poor way to do it. Like, Finn's relationship with Princesses is allowed to progress, but Jake can't move past Tier 15.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
x9JsE.gif

That is all.

I thought it was rather subpar, and if that was the plan all along they should have just done away with the Jake becomes a dad plot entirely. Maybe we'll get some kind of worthwhile payoff later on though, who knows.

Epcott

Glad I'm not the only one let down by that "safe" ending. Wanted to see more of Jake the Dad. At least next week looks amazing. "Davey"... LoL. What happened to the Marshal Lee episode (Bad Little Boy)? I thought it was the episode to air after the holidays?

CorvoSol

Glad I'm not the only one let down by that "safe" ending. Wanted to see more of Jake the Dad. At least next week looks amazing. "Davey"... LoL. What happened to the Marshal Lee episode (Bad Little Boy)? I thought it was the episode to air after the holidays?

Pray with me to the Adventure Gods that such a terrible concept never gets made. Ever.

Aside from the episode's disappointing ending, I thought it was pretty good. Like Jake growing his dad hat after the kids knocked it off.

Syrinx

I just saw Jake The Dad for the first time and I thought it was adorable and awesome. I get what people are saying though. It did seem "status-quo maintenance" ish. I don't think this will be the last time we see Jake's and Lady's kids though.

That B-MO dancing on Finn scene was the best.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I didn't like it much- after a hiatus of episodes and a string of hits this season, it's really my least favourite. Plot was disposable in regards to the overall game (i think?) and not enough funnies.

Liked Jake wearing his dad's hat though!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
New episode was okay. BMO had the best line.
Finn: How do I look?
BMO: *crying* Like the devil!

The only thing I liked about Jake the Dad was the fact that Kim Khil Wan was shaped like a turd and grew a beard by the end of the episode. He's clearly the loser of the family.

dvolovets

Any news on DVD/Blu-Ray releases? I can't believe there's only been one of them so far... (full seasons, at any rate; I'm not counting the 3-4 episodes / disk releases).

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Any news on DVD/Blu-Ray releases? I can't believe there's only been one of them so far... (full seasons, at any rate; I'm not counting the 3-4 episodes / disk releases).
Still waiting for a full Season 1 release in the UK, don't think it's ever going to happen :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom