• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

tumblr_nnnccrkztT1t0t09yo1_540.png

Graybles 1000+
Cuber must rely on his bag of Graybles to survive while marooned on an alien world.
It airs Thursday, May 7th at 7:30/6:30C on Cartoon Network.

Sneak Peek

Lelcar

holy god chips and ice cream was an insane episode. i felt like i was going crazy, like i was reading house of leaves or something.

who does the voice for chips and ice cream? hynden walch?

Hamlet

holy god chips and ice cream was an insane episode. i felt like i was going crazy, like i was reading house of leaves or something.

who does the voice for chips and ice cream? hynden walch?
Riki Lindhome and Kate Micucci (Garfunkel and Oates)

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
this show went from having a strong narrative to be a lot more experimental... I like it but its definitely different type of enjoyment

Shauni

this show went from having a strong narrative to be a lot more experimental... I like it but its definitely different type of enjoyment

Yeah, it really has. I still like it, like a lot, but it's really morphed into something quite a bit different with this last season or so.

Psxphile

Turns out the full episode of "Water Park Prank" was also leaked. Damn CN site, how do you let these things keep happening?
Apparently it was meant to air on May 21st.

In other news, Jeremy Shada's Filmography page on tcm.com now include 4 previously-unknown Adventure Time-related episode titles:

Gift That Reaps Giving
Sow, Do You like Them Apples
Have You Seen the Muffin Mess
All’s Well That Rat Swell

Curiously, they're all referred to as "shorts".

Hamlet

Bacon pancakes, makin' bacon pancakes...

Turns out the full episode of "Water Park Prank" was also leaked. Damn CN site, how do you let these things keep happening?
Apparently it was meant to air on May 21st.

In other news, Jeremy Shada's Filmography page on tcm.com now include 4 previously-unknown Adventure Time-related episode titles:

Gift That Reaps Giving
Sow, Do You like Them Apples
Have You Seen the Muffin Mess
All’s Well That Rat Swell

Curiously, they're all referred to as "shorts".

Oh CN when will you stop your leak train. Looks pretty unique though.

Hamlet

"The amazing cast of Adventure Time! Thanks for 100 kick-ass eps!"
Kelly Crews
CEVmimuVIAIPHTc.jpg:large

We had another “100th episode” shirt a while back designed by Andy Ristaino. But that was to mark 100 11-minute episodes. Seo designed this shirt to commemorate 100 half-hours (200 11-minute episodes!) delivered, which is apparently the more official way to count these things.
kingofooo

CEVL9BcVEAA83lT.jpg

Happy 100th ep Adventure Time- can't believe I get to work with all this Talent!
Kelly
Congrats to the cast and crew of #AdventureTime for making Cartoon Network history with 100 episodes!!!
jessicadicicco

Leonel

Neo Member
Ok, so I missed the first half of the episode but can someone tell me what that giant Ice King bird/demon thing was? I also have the feeling this is the future with old Lemonhope.

IronRinn

Ok, so I missed the first half of the episode but can someone tell me what that giant Ice King bird/demon thing was? I also have the feeling this is the future with old Lemonhope.
Almost seemed like the crown had completely taken over. Could definitely be the same future we saw with Lemonhope.

PB is terrifying.

Tuck

Holy shit, what an incredible episode.

Another look at future Ooo...
-So... desolate...
-Candy people in what looks to be suspended animation?
-Ice King (Or at least the crown) at the end - I don't think it was Simon. Probably the crown infected some other creature after simon was rescued. Unfortunately that means the crown was not cured of its craziness
-Marceline still there?
-The crystal people - relation to the citadel, perhaps?

So many questions.

Stulaw

I have a feeling that there's more to Gunter breaking Ice King's leg than meets the eye, I think it may be defending itself from the full on insanity of the crown while even Ice King (or what's left of Simon's sanity) is unconscious of it, and breaking his leg works.

It was a pretty cool episode, Cuber had more to him than being some T.V presenter in the distant future, but it's almost like he's talking to himself all the time, thinking that there's an audience rather than there actually being one.

I also wonder if the Lich is about, I mean, surely the thought canon would have been a great weapon to keep about just in case, since they could just think him away, but I guess that didn't happen, and maybe there'll be an alternate future like DBZ and the androids or something.

vypek

Are those crystal people decedents of Lady Rainicorn and Jake?

I was thinking about this too. Were they speaking Korean? It sounded like it to me but I certainly don't know enough to be able to actually tell.

I don't remember the lemonhope future :/

Psxphile

Dang it, Hamlet. I was just about to post that. Oh well.

There's some interesting foreshadowing/hinting in 1000+ Graybles' storyboards that were cut from the ep. Check 'em out at kingofooo.tumblr.com:

Couple this with Finn's dream in the preview for "Hoots" above. He's happy and being held by both his dad and baby Lich. WHAT DOES IT MEAN.

Lich mom.

"Crown"dom. I guess Betty saved him after all. Er, eventually. But the crown remains madness incarnate. Did it possess something else?

That episode creeped me out. I fear that crown beast in snowy area was the late stage of crown corruption...

Made me think of Dark Souls where all the bosses are former heroic characters who've gone mad/become monsters. I could easily imagine an Adventure Time game in that style for that matter.

"Crown"dom. I guess Betty saved him after all. Er, eventually. But the crown remains madness incarnate. Did it possess something else?

Bruh, it's called "Ice Thing"...

NEO0MJ

I wonder if Marceline ever feels lonely. You have to eventually get bored of playing bass with the occasional guitar.

PB just can't help herself when it comes to controlling others. And I wonder what was up with that new gumball guardian.

Probably. In its new form the Ice Thing has the same crystal eyes as the creature that evergreen stole them from.

Isn't the crown already kind of alive?

Yeah, but it more influences things than having any direct control over itself. If touched it won't need a host anymore.

"The amazing cast of Adventure Time! Thanks for 100 kick-ass eps!"

I wonder why PB was omitted from the cake. Seems strange.

Psxphile

"Hoot" promo #2

Besides the dream thing, seems there's a subplot involving fishing a ring from out of Finn's gut. Could the dream and the ring be related?

(btw, the ring in the title card has "JAKE" inscribed on it)

Leonel

Neo Member
Wow at that reveal.

Is Gunther somehow under Lich's control? Was that Shoko in one of those dreams? Will I ever stop asking questions?
Either way, I'm excited to see where the series will go, seems like it's getting much darker in tone.

I've been following this show since it first aired.

I just finished watching the last episode before tonights episode and
dat bleak Old Lemonhope future, PB putting everyone into Gumball Guardian stasis machines, The reveal of the Grayble guy basically being The Watcher from Marvel Comics, Ice King consumed by the crown and madness. This show isn't for kids lol.

Silkworm

Wow at that reveal.

Is Gunther somehow under Lich's control? Was that Shoko in one of those dreams? Will I ever stop asking questions?
Either way, I'm excited to see where the series will go, seems like it's getting much darker in tone.

I wondered that too myself.
But Gunther said she wanted to do what she did, so it didn't seem like she was being compelled but who knows. I guess since the Cosmic Owl was in PB's dream then what was in the dream will come true which ain't so great for the Candy Kingdom.

I wondered that too myself.
But Gunther said she wanted to do what she did, so it didn't seem like she was being compelled but who knows. I guess since the Cosmic Owl was in PB's dream then what was in the dream will come true which ain't so great for the Candy Kingdom.

No happy endings for anyone at this point.
The Ice King is forever cursed, the Candy people are going to turn against PB (it's already started with Starchy), the Candy Kingdom is doomed to fall.
The last two episodes are just hitting us over the head with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom