• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

Granted I am not caught up on Season 6, but I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of a mini-series within a series. Couldn't you describe any given multi-episode arc as such?

Of course. But Adventure Time has never had a consistent arc that lasted more than two episodes. And for episodes that continue narratives from other episodes, it's usually broken up by episodes that have little to do with either. They're presenting this "mini-series" as a consistent arc that will carry over for several episodes, hence the distinction.

And maybe later they'll edit and repackage it as a stand-alone movie on DVD or something.

Of course. But Adventure Time has never had a consistent arc that lasted more than two episodes. And for episodes that continue narratives from other episodes, it's usually broken up by episodes that have little to do with either. They're presenting this "mini-series" as a consistent arc that will carry over for several episodes, hence the distinction.

And maybe later they'll edit and repackage it as a stand-alone movie on DVD or something.

Fair enough. I'm also curious whether this "mini-series" will have its own intro.

Went from 21 to 27 last night. Every time I think this show can't get anymore bizzare it punches right on through next episode.

The lich sequence with the true king and Toronto. Jeeeeeeesssssus.

Whole of lemongrabs ep..

Hamlet

Alright episode. Episode went and got pretty heavy towards the end. Classic Ice King solution to the problem though ha.
Best joke of the episode.
tumblr_inline_nmxi7kEGMb1tq8esh_500.gif

-Deimos

I always just feel sorry for the Ice King whenever he gets an episode. I wonder if Betty actually manages to find a cure for him.

Amir0x

Banned
I sort of got sidetracked and stopped watching Adventure time since Finn lost his arm. How's the show been? Worth continuing from there?

I love the show up until that point, don't know why I got distracted but I'm ready.

I sort of got sidetracked and stopped watching Adventure time since Finn lost his arm. How's the show been? Worth continuing from there?

I love the show up until that point, don't know why I got distracted but I'm ready.

There was a string of pretty strong episodes at some point after that, but yeah, I'll admit that out of the still-airing American cartoons I watch, this is the one whose new episodes I'm interested in the least. The gaps between new episodes doesn't help.

As for Finn's arm,
he grows a new arm after a few episodes that looks exactly like his old one. We got one episode that actually tied into Finn losing his arm (involving his anger at his father) and that's it.

Tuck

Good for a time after that, then takes a notable dive, followed by a jump back up in quality and has been awesome since then.

Really, the issue wasn't even quality so much as a very odd shift away from Finn and Jake for a long period of time and
a very, very questionable/poor plot decision on the writer's part.

For some reason Cartoon Network is mimicking Disney Channel in terms of their shitty fucking airing schedule this season, which is frustrating.

Good for a time after that, then takes a notable dive, followed by a jump back up in quality and has been awesome since then.

Really, the issue wasn't even quality so much as a very odd shift away from Finn and Jake for a long period of time and
a very, very questionable/poor plot decision on the writer's part.

For some reason Cartoon Network is mimicking Disney Channel in terms of their shitty fucking airing schedule this season, which is frustrating.

In terms of the spoilered text, what are you refering to?

Hamlet

tumblr_nn3natNOaz1t0t09yo2_540.jpg

Jermaine concept drawing by writer/storyboard artist Brandon Graham
premieres Thursday, April 23rd at 7:30/6:30c on Cartoon Network
KingofOOO

Also more possible Season 6 episodes synopsis are out.

“You Forgot Your Floaties”
-
Finn and Jake storm Magic Man’s house to rescue his new apprentice.

“Graybles 1,000+”
-
Cuber must rely on his bag of Graybles to survive while marooned on an alien world.

“Hoots”
-
A charismatic stranger in Finn’s dream leads Cosmic Owl to shirk his duties.

“Be Sweet”
-
A fed up Lumpy Space Princess leaves the woods for a glamorous career in babysitting.
1 2 3 4
http://landofooo.com/community/topic/5453-season-7/?page=13#comment-260717

Possible leaked episode list for season 7. So, of course, possible spoilers.

Cool. Looks
like we'll be getting a BMO centered episode again with "Football" hopefully.

Epcott

Tom Scharpling as Jermaine was great, protecting those hard drives and cups and whatnot. Also, give me my dad tapes!

Tom Scharpling, isn't that Greg Universe from SU?

Man, the dialog in this episode was golden. Really enjoyed it. I thought it would be another ho-hum bizarre episode.

TheOGB

Banned
I kinda missed John DiMaggio's Jermaine, but I won't say no to more Tom Scharpling. Episode was good.

What's with Joshua and demons? Lol

vypek

Liked that Tom did the voice of Jermaine. I dont remember John ever doing it previously. Wonder why they woukf have him stop now. Also liked that buster sword in the episode

Hamlet

Great episode. Tom Scharpling was did a great job as Jermaine. Hopefully he shows up again as I really liked him in this episode. Shame the house got burnt down though. Also love that the demons just waned their stuff back such as a simple poster ha.
Interesting to see Finn was working on a part of Martins ship at the start. Going to have some space travel in future episodes possibly?

zeemumu

I haven't been keeping up with the last few episodes so I watched them now.

I have a question about Friends Forever:

Who do you think was in the right? The furniture, who were intelligent, but pretentious in the way that they treated the Ice King by suggesting that he never talk and revealing embarrassing secrets about him, or Ice King, who was clearly not one for that level of conversation and is clearly insane since he just murdered all of his furniture but just wanted to have friends and was at least trying?

Psxphile

Tom Scharpling as Jermaine was great, protecting those hard drives and cups and whatnot. Also, give me my dad tapes!

Tom Scharpling, isn't that Greg Universe from SU?

Man, the dialog in this episode was golden. Really enjoyed it. I thought it would be another ho-hum bizarre episode.

The monster/demon in the basement (Bryce?) was voiced by Tom's oft-times collaborator Jon Wurster, who voiced new character Marty recently in the Steven Universe episode 'Story for Steven'.

CorvoSol

Did Joshua fairly get all his cool magical junk or did he just steal it?

He was an adventurer. Taking treasure from demons and monsters and dragons is the whole job description.

Loved this episode. It was fun to see what had become of Jermaine, and nice to see Finn and Jake spend time with their brother.

Banzai

The new episode was probably the weirdest 11 minutes of television I have ever seen. I felt like I was high. I wish I had been.

Crocodile

The recent Jermaine episode was pretty good but I have to say I'm having a hard time caring about a lot of recent Adventure Time episodes. I don't think the show has gotten objectively worse or anything but often the subject material or the characters involved leave me fleeing pretty unenthused more often than not.

NEO0MJ

The recent Jermaine episode was pretty good but I have to say I'm having a hard time caring about a lot of recent Adventure Time episodes. I don't think the show has gotten objectively worse or anything but often the subject material or the characters involved leave me fleeing pretty unenthused more often than not.

Same over here. I don't feel as invested in the show anymore.

Servbot24

Banned

I can see that. I think the show has reached the popularity level that they can afford to do whatever they feel like doing with caring about fan reaction as much. Which is cool, but also doesn't have as much appeal sometimes.

Crispy75

I can see that. I think the show has reached the popularity level that they can afford to do whatever they feel like doing with caring about fan reaction as much. Which is cool, but also doesn't have as much appeal sometimes.
It's fine by me. I'll gladly put up with the crummy episodes if we get more like the recent lemongrab one, for example. And I realise that isn't a universally adored episode, but that's cool too they can afford to cater to niche tastes now. I like it.

Servbot24

Banned
It's fine by me. I'll gladly put up with the crummy episodes if we get more like the recent lemongrab one, for example. And I realise that isn't a universally adored episode, but that's cool too they can afford to cater to niche tastes now. I like it.

Oh, I totally agree. I'll happily take these occasionally awkward eps if artists for AT are getting to realize their vision without interruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom