• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuck

Wasn't really a fan. Kinda weird and not in a good way.

Neat that it turned out to be Nurse Poundcake though - I was trying to guess the reveal the whole episode. I figured the diary was much older than that.

Hamlet

Cartoon Network’s ‘Adventure Time’ Heads To Big Screen At Warner Bros.

EXCLUSIVE: Adventure Time, one of the most popular shows on Cartoon Network, is being developed at Warner Bros. for the big screen as an animated feature.Created by Pendleton Ward at Cartoon Networks Studios, Adventure Time follows the escapades of 12 year-old boy Finn and best friend dog Jake who fight fiercely in a quest to protect their beloved Land of Ooo, usually from the Ice King who is searching high and low for his Princess Bubblegum. The project will be produced by the winning combo of Chris McKay and Roy Lee.

Walnuts & Rain preview
Walnuts & Rain - title card

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
A theatrical movie? Oh wow.
I don't think there's been a Cartoon Network movie since Powerpuff Girls (I'm not counting Aqua Teen Hunger Force)

Silkworm

Would be cool if Rebecca Sugar joined just for the movie to help with some songs if nothing else. Ah well, hope the movie turns out well.

Tuck

A miniseries and a movie?

Hmm... hope it turns out alright. If its the same writers and everything, I'd imagine it'd be ok.

If its not being made by the same team, its not canon and can be ignored.

Hamlet

Please be hand-drawn.

Hopefully should be and the success of the recent Spongebob film should also help push it towards being 2D. Can't wait to see what they do with a movie budget, should look great.

Hmm... hope it turns out alright. If its the same writers and everything, I'd imagine it'd be ok.

It says that Pendleton Ward will have some involvement in writing and producing the feature version. So at least he's involved in some way.

Choomp

Banned

I think we'll be fine here. Hoping for awesome musical numbers and kind expecting the world to look so good

Now to catch up on the past few episodes I missed

No target date? The MLP movie was announced a few months ago but won't come out until 2017. I imagine that this movie will come out in the same year, though perhaps later on.

Though I wonder how they intend to solve the problem with the previous attempt at a TV movie, in that they couldn't find a way to make a long story work in a way they like it. Granted, they were being very gimmicky with the way they attempted to make the film, giving each segment to a different crew to do with it as they pleased.

EDIT: Link to the movie announcement thread, for future rereads.

Crispy75

Not sure how to feel about an externally developed feature-length Adventure Time movie. IMO, the 10 minute format is one of the show's great strengths. It forces the writers to be economical with their writing, and trims all the fat off the stories. It heightens all the emotions, because you haven't got long to build them up.

They can't possibly sustain the same pace for 90 minutes without it getting wearing. So they'll have to slow it down and pad it out. I don't think that's a good thing.

Tuck

Not sure how to feel about an externally developed feature-length Adventure Time movie. IMO, the 10 minute format is one of the show's great strengths. It forces the writers to be economical with their writing, and trims all the fat off the stories. It heightens all the emotions, because you haven't got long to build them up.

They can't possibly sustain the same pace for 90 minutes without it getting wearing. So they'll have to slow it down and pad it out. I don't think that's a good thing.
We've have three partners, thats 36 minutes. And they've been fine. I think adventure time can adapt to a longer time slot.

Lelcar

I think adventure time can adapt to a longer time slot.

I agree, but I hope that they use a hard cut at the end of the film. The cut off at the end of each episode into credits is some of my favourite Adventure Time material.

Clydefrog

image.php

TheOGB

Banned
Yeah, apparently that was Walnuts & Rain.

Haven't they been sharing the 7:30 block with Regular Show for a while now? Like, even before Ninjago started showing S3 reruns?

vypek

Its mis-labled as a Regular Show episode but it actually is the Adventure Time episode that was meant to air tonight

Yeah, apparently that was Walnuts & Rain.

Haven't they been sharing the 7:30 block with Regular Show for a while now? Like, even before Ninjago started showing S3 reruns?

Yeah, they share the block for some time now

Wait, what? My DVR recorded two Regular Show episodes, you guys are saying the second (which from the synopsis seems to be the episode about Benson's new suit) is actually a new Adventure Time?

vypek

Wait, what? My DVR recorded two Regular Show episodes, you guys are saying the second (which from the synopsis seems to be the episode about Benson's new suit) is actually a new Adventure Time?

Beson's suit is the new regular show that is named incorrectly. The earlier recording of Regular show that aired first is actually adventure time

I liked that episode. It was just a simple episode of straight adventure time; that combined with the looser animation style, Huge being voiced by the mountain guy, and finn saying stuff like 'algebraic' made it feel straight out of seasons 1 and 2.

Hamlet

Fun episode. Really liked Finn's imagination on what his escape would be like and nice punch from Jake there at the end also.

I liked that episode. It was just a simple episode of straight adventure time; that combined with the looser animation style, Huge being voiced by the mountain guy, and finn saying stuff like 'algebraic' made it feel straight out of seasons 1 and 2.

Yeah it really did feel like a throwback to season 1 & 2 AT episodes. Feels like forever since Finn said Algebraic.

vypek

Hamlet

Adventure Time Turns 5
tumblr_nmcxk4wECS1qzrbk9o1_1280.jpg

Adventure Time premiered on Cartoon Network this day back in 2010. There was the original Nickelodeon/Frederator short from a few years prior, of course, and CN aired a couple of sneak peeks a few weeks before the official series launch with “Slumber Party Panic” on April 5. Congratulations to Pen, Pat, Adam, Kelly, Jeremy, John, and everyone who’s ever contributed in even the smallest way to the show’s success and longevity. Five years and hundreds of cartoons in, we’re still happily searching for that snail.
frederator

Looks like its coming back next week.
Friends Forever - April 16th
Also some details on where the miniseries will fit in the show.
tumblr_nm8ewg2Owd1qliqrqo1_500.png

http://new.spring.me/#!/user/MrMuto/timeline/responses

Just came across this charity art sale and had to share, the Adventure Time pieces are great: http://printapalooza.storenvy.com/

I have no affiliation whatsoever other than buying 9 prints! Lots of amazing stuff. Cross-posting across each OT for each show as I think people would really dig. I know cool art inspired by these shows is fairly commonplace but this is a good cause and I was genuinely impressed by the quality here. It's all pretty cheap too.

Granted I am not caught up on Season 6, but I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of a mini-series within a series. Couldn't you describe any given multi-episode arc as such?

Paskil

Just came across this charity art sale and had to share, the Adventure Time pieces are great: http://printapalooza.storenvy.com/

I have no affiliation whatsoever other than buying 9 prints! Lots of amazing stuff. Cross-posting across each OT for each show as I think people would really dig. I know cool art inspired by these shows is fairly commonplace but this is a good cause and I was genuinely impressed by the quality here. It's all pretty cheap too.

Awesome! Thanks for this. Snagged the Lemongrab poster/picture thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom