• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Women's Round presented by Stephen Milne & Majak Daw

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanoff

I think we need to take a moments slience for james kelly's nuts.

Supposedly was subbed out with a split testicle. Just think about that. They were saying he was looking terrible and throwing up in the rooom after coming off. Little wonder.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member

Supposedly was subbed out with a split testicle. Just think about that. They were saying he was looking terrible and throwing up in the rooom after coming off. Little wonder.

Ouch. I assumed it was something more to do with his stomach or chest the way he landed.

Breaking news along the bottom of the Tele: duchess of Cambridge has given birth to a bay daughter. Details to follow.

This is a great game of footy between Hawks and North. Seems like hodge and Lewis have taken some inspiration from the Clarkson last week.

To be honest they weren't that bad but these stupid commentators like to hype it up every time to the point that the tribunal can't not give them some timeout. EDIT: obviously bad enough to get timeout regardless if he commentators but it wasn't Barry hall bad.

On he topic of stupid commentators, BT's beat tonight has been "bana-na-na-na-na...!"

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Some of the plays in this game already are pretty amazing. (Port/Adelaide)

Edit: Fantastic goal from Colyer.

Tough game at Etihad. Barely anything in it that whole last quarter. Well done, Essendon.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Carlton really are terrible. They didn't even put in any kind of effort for Malthouse, bar Judd and maybe Simpson.

Great win by the Pies. We keep on beating the bottom teams well and we now just need to take a scalp of one of the good teams. We have 3 very winnable games up next, before we hit a decent enough team.

Tried to tell you. I tipped us by 96. Straighter kicking and we would have won by over 100.

legend166

I'm hoping our loss to the Bulldogs was just some of that early season crapness I've become accustomed to. We lost to the Kangaroos in the rain at the SCG last year and then went on a 12 game winning streak.

So that's all I'm hanging my hat on.

Tried to tell you. I tipped us by 96. Straighter kicking and we would have won by over 100.

You were spot on. I can never be confident. The Blues are so terrible though.

Just an FYI, in 19 posts we will surpass last years thread =P

That's crazy to think that. It has been a great start to the season though. Some of the crappier teams have really surprised. Dogs, I'm looking at you and loving it.

jambo

I really want the Doggies to keep it going, but I just have this terrible feeling deep down that they'll fall apart at some point during the season.

I really want the Doggies to keep it going, but I just have this terrible feeling deep down that they'll fall apart at some point during the season.

They'll run out of puff at some stage. Reminds me of the Pies last year. Great start to the year and then we just stopped and never recovered.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I'm hoping our loss to the Bulldogs was just some of that early season crapness I've become accustomed to. We lost to the Kangaroos in the rain at the SCG last year and then went on a 12 game winning streak.

So that's all I'm hanging my hat on.

Swans are generally in CBF mode until around Rounds 8-10.

Yagharek

Disgusting hawthorn thugs. Cheap shots at the head, elbows and blindsiding people in mid air.

Should be sent to a work safe victoria investigation given the risk of concussion.

Disgusting hawthorn thugs. Cheap shots at the head, elbows and blindsiding people in mid air.

Should be sent to a work safe victoria investigation given the risk of concussion.

340555-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Still not as bad as this IMO... which got two fucking weeks.

Good old MRP Chook Lotto!

leng jai

Bennell, McKenzie and Matera all banned for a week for disciplinary reasons.

Garlett out for the season and Martin out for 2. Gold Coast area officially farked.

jambo

Player was giving Woewodin shit and Leppa didn't take to kindly to it. Shirt grabbed and maybe pushed against a wall.

The official quotes from Brisbane use the word "passionate about 10 times lol.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Player was giving Woewodin shit and Leppa didn't take to kindly to it. Shirt grabbed and maybe pushed against a wall.

The official quotes from Brisbane use the word "passionate about 10 times lol.

whats the bet it was about his brownlow lol

farmerboy

Very bad injury, too bad to contemplate.

And just quietly, how about those Pies? Playing with some passion and vigour. We'll eventually go off a cliff sometime this season but let's just enjoy it in the meantime.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't think there was much wrong with the May bump. 3 weeks is definitely not right.

The problem was May was the sole reason why Rockliff was knocked out. He chose to "attack" the man rather than the ball. The fact that he had Rockliff in his sights and then lined him up, with no other deciding factor around him, makes the 3 weeks a fair punishment imo. 2 would have been ok but him getting 3 weeks is his own (and the clubs) fault really.

jambo

The problem was May was the sole reason why Rockliff was knocked out. He chose to "attack" the man rather than the ball. The fact that he had Rockliff in his sights and then lined him up, with no other deciding factor around him, makes the 3 weeks a fair punishment imo. 2 would have been ok but him getting 3 weeks is his own (and the clubs) fault really.

You are allowed to bump/hip and shoulder within 5 metres of the ball though and he thought he needed to to stop Rockliff from soccering a goal or moving the ball to a team-mate.

If he had have tried to collect the ball there was a high chance of being tackled, although directly in front of goal the umps wouldn't normally give away holding.

It seems like the real issue is the height difference which resulted in the contact being higher than intended.

You need to be allowed to bump though. Bumping a player like that in that situation is a fair enough play imo. It wasn't even a free kick at the time was it?

It's done now though I guess. I just didn't see that incident and say "oh he's going to get rubbed out." It's totally different to the thug like attacks from Hodge and Lewis.

Rezbit

So if you tackle someone now and they do an ACL are you rubbed out? Can't believe a bump and a deliberate elbow to the face get the same penalty.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I'm tipping the upset tonight. I can't talk myself out of backing Geelong. Everything says Collingwood but I'm drawn to the Cats. It seems a waste of a pick but I can't change it.

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Friday May 8th
Collingwood vs. Geelong @ The MCG

Saturday May 9th
North Melbourne vs. Richmond @ Blundstone Arena
Western Bulldogs vs. St Kilda @ Etihad Stadium
Greater Western Sydney vs. Hawthorn @ Spotless Stadium
Gold Coast vs. Adelaide @ Metricon Stadium
Melbourne vs. Sydney @ The MCG
Fremantle vs. Essendon @ Domain Stadium

Sunday May 3rd
Carlton vs. Brisbane @ Etihad Stadium
Port Adelaide vs. West Coast @ Adelaide Oval

Round 6 Teams

Friday May 8th
Collingwood vs. Geelong @ The MCG

Saturday May 9th
North Melbourne vs. Richmond @ Blundstone Arena
Western Bulldogs vs. St Kilda @ Etihad Stadium
Greater Western Sydney vs. Hawthorn @ Spotless Stadium
Gold Coast vs. Adelaide @ Metricon Stadium
Melbourne vs. Sydney @ The MCG
Fremantle vs. Essendon @ Domain Stadium

Sunday May 3rd
Carlton vs. Brisbane @ Etihad Stadium
Port Adelaide vs. West Coast @ Adelaide Oval

Round 6 Teams

Friday night and Carlton v Brisbane the only real tough tips this week.

Im going Geelong and Brisbane.

Collingwood are pretenders. Carlton are shite.

Friday night and Carlton v Brisbane the only real tough tips this week.

Im going Geelong and Brisbane.

Collingwood are pretenders. Carlton are shite.

Don't think they're pretending to be anything more than they are. You can only beat who you have been given and so far they have just been given the teams that are lower on the ladder than where they are.

Don't think they're pretending to be anything more than they are. You can only beat who you have been given and so far they have just been given the teams that are lower on the ladder than where they are.

Yeah good point.

However, I call them pretenders because their are sitting second on the ladder but are far from the second best team in the comp.

To add to that, they are $1.57 to Geelong's $2.45 favourite. So the bookies think they are 20% more chance to win, which I think is inflated.

Time will tell though.

AxeMan

They've beaten teams sitting in the bottom 3 of the ladder and Essendon.

That being said they'll beat the Cats tonight

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Only seen about 10 minutes of the game but pretty happy with what I've seen especially that absurd handball frenzy goal through the middle.

Not sure what's wrong with the Pies, I do rate them as one of the better sides in the league, but some of those efforts...

Early days still, I still don't feel completely comfortable. Surely all it'd take is some confidence for the Pies and they have every chance to get back into it.

Edit: Called it. They're well and truly in the game now.

End of Third: Seems like we're having trouble keeping it in our forward 50. Some poor entries and some solid defending by Collingwood.

58-81 - If we lose this what a waste.

Game: Great result, glad I took the risk and backed the Cats.
Didn't love how we played in the last half but there were plenty of promising signs from a lot of our players.

Poor, Cowan. A bit like Menzel where he has been constantly injured then only lasts 20 minutes in his comeback. Hopefully it's only a short injury.

Yeah good point.

However, I call them pretenders because their are sitting second on the ladder but are far from the second best team in the comp.

To add to that, they are $1.57 to Geelong's $2.45 favourite. So the bookies think they are 20% more chance to win, which I think is inflated.

Time will tell though.

Again, that's the beauty of the AFL fixture, where you can get an easy or hard run first and not play the top teams until later in the season. Being second this early in the year doesn't mean they are second best. Just means they have beaten the crap teams they have played. Again, not pretenders. :)

I have no illusions of where the Pies are at. They are kids and will be again anywhere between 7-10 on the ladder. There have been improvements already this year from the last but there is still daylight between the top 4 and us.

Great win by the Cats last night too. They came out quick at the start of the game and we never really looked like getting it back. Hopefully the Pies can bounce back in the next couple of weeks against other middle of the road teams, Tigers and Suns.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
What a comeback. (Saints)

Edit: Another upset brewing? 13 left, 1 goal in it. (GWS/Hawthorn)

Update: Wow, Giants peppering the goals relentlessly. They're killing Hawthorn in general play. Too bad they've been all behinds. 11 left, Giants 4 pts up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom