• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Women's Round presented by Stephen Milne & Majak Daw

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

He didn't look right even early into the Melbourne and especially after that Viney tackle where Ablett landed on his shoulder. Not sure how he went last week.

They showed footage online from the last couple of games and it was just him getting tackled on to his shoulder over and over and grimacing.

Hopefully the Suns can go better than they did without him last year.

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Friday April 17th
Collingwood vs. St Kilda @ The MCG

Saturday April 18th
Carlton vs. Essendon @ The MCG
Adelaide vs. Melbourne @ Adelaide Oval
Sydney vs. Greater Western Sydney @ The SCG
North Melbourne vs. Port Adelaide @ Etihad Stadium
Brisbane vs. Richmond @ The Gabba

Sunday April 19th
Hawthorn vs. Western Bulldogs @ Aurora Stadium
Geelong vs. Gold Coast @ Simonds Stadium
West Coast vs. Fremantle @ Domain Stadium

Round 3 Teams

AxeMan

Where'd you hear that Omi?

I thought that they hadn't released their judgement on Dank yet let alone a date to do it

nvm, just read a new site.
So he is guilty of
"The AFL anti-doping tribunal has found Stephen Dank guilty on 10 breaches of the AFL anti-doping code, however he has been cleared on three charges relating to banned substance Thymosin Beta 4."

Yet Essendon players get off??

AFL you smell rotten to the core

and the info is released after 4pm on a Friday. We're not stupid you know

AxeMan

So Dank gets done on
The prohibited substances are:

— Hexarelin

— Humanofort — namely Insulin Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1), Insulin Growth Factor 2 (IGF – 2), Mechano Growth Factor (MGF), Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF), Follistatin and Thymosin Beta 4

— CJC-1295

— GHRP6

— SARMS

Yet the Essendon players get off because there wasn't enough evidence. So how'd they get Dank then?

Seriously this is once of the stupidest and most transparent decisions ever by the AFL

Omikron

I am going to assume from the ruling it means all of the above entered the club. But never entered the players.

That's what they are saying.

bomma_man

There's evidence that he possessed and trafficked that stuff but not that he administered it, basically.

It doesn't matter what you believe, the onus of proof was on ASADA. If they cooked the investigation it's on them.

AxeMan

I think all reasonable people say that on the balance or probabilities he injected the Essendon players with it.

Essendon are one very lucky football club.

bomma_man

He probably did but the balance of probabilities standard and the reasonable man test aren't the same thing. I don't think you can really find him guilty of injecting players if ASADAs whole argument was "well what else would he do with [the drugs]?" I'm not sure any court or tribunal would be willing to draw that inference.

But we can't really say without seeing the evidence/full decision.

Omikron

I don't think ASADA will appeal. They have till Tuesday btw.

Suspect they may work with WADA though and appeal that way... which goes to CAS not to the AFL.

Collingwood did well as much as it pains me to say (I still tipped them but not that margin) but Cloke needs to go. He is useless even if he did kick 4 goals.

A much better team performance last night. If we can keep playing like that against the other bottom teams, I'll consider it an ok year. The forward structure was the best it has been in a long time.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
It's been a while since I've seen Geelong play footy this bad. I should have stuck with Gold Coast... 33 clangers to 21. There's clearly something wrong with the team, win or lose. Just awful footy all around.

Edit: Phew. Glad we got away with that.

Edit 2: Next week looks tough for tipping. Nearly all could potentially go either way from a quick glance.

devonodev

And to think I nearly didn't go to that Geelong game today.

We're playing so bad this year, but it was exciting and we need whatever win we can get.

And hello AFLGAF.

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Friday April 24th
Richmond vs. Melbourne @ The MCG

Saturday April 25th
St Kilda vs. Carlton @ Westpac Stadium
Essendon vs. Collingwood @ The MCG
Greater Western Sydney vs. Gold Coast @ StarTrack Oval
Port Adelaide vs. Hawthorn @ Adelaide Oval
Fremantle vs. Sydney @ Domain Stadium

Sunday April 26th
Brisbane vs. West Coast @ The Gabba
Geelong vs. North Melbourne @ Simonds Stadium
Western Bulldogs vs. Adelaide @ Etihad Stadium

Round 4 Teams

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I found this week insanely tough. So many games could swing either way and there are so many in and outs for the sides, good players too, that you have to second guess how each change will affect the side. Just about every game is like that...

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Melbourne controlling the play way more than I thought they would in this game. Man, Richmond are a disappointing side.

Wasn't interested in last night's game but it's typical of the Tigers being so average. They really are overrated. Have Melbourne turned a corner at all though?

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Wow.
7 pts.

Edit: What a fightback.
Well done on the win, Port.

Edit 2: Sydney fighting back too. Only 14 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom