• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Women's Round presented by Stephen Milne & Majak Daw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Some of the skills and decision making in the Brisbane/West Coast game are ridiculously poor. Surely it's not entirely the wind's fault.

Edit: lol at that last play. Brisbane are terrible.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Geelong actually look like a decent side today. I waited too long to switch my tips. Early days yet but I'm liking what I see so far.

Edit: Geez, we are looking good. Not sure why we couldn't show this much intent in our other 3 games.

Edit2: Game evened up that quarter I thought. North's possession advantage started to show.

Edit3: Still a winnable game but a few players need to step up in this last after pretty poor output all game.

Didn't expect that scoreline in the other game. Doggies look promising.

Edit4: Pretty happy with our effort all game. Hopefully we can continue that for the rest of the year.

A couple of our players, again, are really letting us down.

Roos looked the better team after the first quarter but weren't putting the Cats away on the scoreboard until the last quarter. I still don't think the Roos will challenge the top teams this year though.

Surprised with the score in the Dogs/Crows game. The Crows had fooled me again by the looks of it. Great work Dogs.

Brisbane are terrible. So terrible. Eagles aren't very good and did it easy today.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone who got 9/9 this round is a witch.

I'm very curious to see if anyone did, especially the tippers at the top.

It was a pretty tough round to pick. Near 50/50 for all imo (Freo and GWS were the easiest for me). I decided to play it way too safe in the end, I think I just ended up picking the favorites. Was too much like looking into a crystal ball.

Edit: A couple of interesting games next week. Not as tough but I'm excited to see Melbourne test themselves against Freo. Also the Adelaide game could be insane.

Edit2: The ladder leader is on 31 and has 8 for the round so far...

Edit3: So Bulldogs went from 13th to 6th on the ladder?

fizzik

Banned
Kinda considering going to watch the train wreck that is the Suns V the air disaster that is Brisbane. It's to the point where I think it's actually going to be comically bad.

I just don't want to give the Suns a ticket purchase.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Alright. Putting it out there that Alastair Clarkson should get 8+ weeks for the king hit attempt.

Has there been a precedent set before that would suggest his punishment?

To be honest I'm apathetic at best about the whole thing. As absurd as its going to sound I'm of the belief that if you're going to shit stir someone whatever reaction comes as a result of that is your own dumb fault. 'Woah, i didnt expect that.' 'What did you expect then?' The guy wanted a reaction and got one.

The actual punishment I'm not that fussed over. I'm half expecting a hefty fine.

Omikron

Has there been a precedent set before that would suggest his punishment?

To be honest I'm apathetic at best about the whole thing. As absurd as its going to sound I'm of the belief that if you're going to shit stir someone whatever reaction comes as a result of that is your own dumb fault. 'Woah, i didnt expect that.' 'What did you expect then?' The guy wanted a reaction and got one.

The actual punishment I'm not that fussed over. I'm half expecting a hefty fine.

Oh the 'fan' is a complete wanker no doubt.

But given the environment when there is a massive campaign against 'one punch' attacks and Clarkson did attack a guy that didn't exactly look aggressive in the video, just loutish.

Also, might I add that the media have been all to a man pro-Clarkson and the guy got lucky that he only got a 'love tap'. Gross.

Dommo

Oh the 'fan' is a complete wanker no doubt.

But given the environment when there is a massive campaign against 'one punch' attacks and Clarkson did attack a guy that didn't exactly look aggressive in the video, just loutish.

Also, might I add that the media have been all to a man pro-Clarkson and the guy got lucky that he only got a 'love tap'. Gross.

Clarkson's reaction in the Fox Footy interview was pretty gross. It was as though he didn't even comprehend that what he did might be an issue. The way he was talking about it was as though the Port supporter hit him. "You know, the majority of Port supporters were great last night. There was just these three who were clearly intoxicated, but it's alright. Any other circumstance we might be good friends." Like, buddy, you were the one who did the hitting. This is primarily on you.

The exclamation mark to his obliviousness came when Sandy asked him "What about an apology?" and Clarkson responded with "Nah he hasn't given me one yet." :/

Omikron

Meanwhile, a media figure is being investigated by Richmond for apparently labelling Bachar Houli a terrorist.

What the fuck is wrong with people.

Omikron

It was John Burns apparently. Hosts 3AW breakast show. He is denying it however, under the claim he can't remember.

seanoff

Alright. Putting it out there that Alastair Clarkson should get 8+ weeks for the king hit attempt.

What a wanker you are. It was at best a push. The police should be investigating why calrkson didnt deck him.

Do what that guy did to clarkson to me for a couple of minutes the result will be much worse. Do not try it.

You want to harrass people, go ahead, be asked to go away and keep it for minutes. Yeah do that too. If you get a whack, so be it. You deserved it.

That bloke definitely deserved a clip, probably a much more serious one than he got. You don't have carte blanche to get in peoples faces no matter who they are.

jambo

What a wanker you are. It was at best a push. The police should be investigating why calrkson didnt deck him.

Do what that guy did to clarkson to me for a couple of minutes the result will be much worse. Do not try it.

You want to harrass people, go ahead, be asked to go away and keep it for minutes. Yeah do that too. If you get a whack, so be it. You deserved it.

That bloke definitely deserved a clip, probably a much more serious one than he got. You don't have carte blanche to get in peoples faces no matter who they are.

Physical violence is never the answer.

Omikron

I find people irritating beyond belief daily. I don't go around throwing punches just because of that.

It's a cultural thing I guess.

Same goes for personal attacks on the internet.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Toughest game this week to pick is surely the Gold Coast and Brisbane game. Both teams are pretty terrible and playing worse than they should be. I'm still not sure whether Brisbane actually have a forward line or not. They seem to be one of those teams that relies a lot on their mids kicking goals.

And I'm going for Geelong this week. I think the right tip is Richmond, they are playing the better football and seem to have a fairly solid team. Our list has problems all over the field, just about all our ageing players are struggling, players who should have proven themselves by now are again struggling to and our young kids have barely had time to assert themselves. The tiny handful that are left can't possibly life the whole team by themselves without other players stepping up. If we get it right though as unlikely as it sounds I do feel we're capable of winning.

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Friday May 1st
Carlton vs. Collingwood @ The MCG

Saturday May 2nd
Richmond vs. Geelong @ The MCG
Sydney vs. Western Bulldogs @ The SCG
Gold Coast vs. Brisbane @ Metricon Stadium
North Melbourne vs. Hawthorn @ Etihad Stadium
West Coast vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Domain Stadium

Sunday May 3rd
Melbourne vs. Fremantle @ The MCG
St Kilda vs. Essendon @ Etihad Stadium
Adelaide vs. Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval

Round 5 Teams

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I hope you're right. It's normally the games we should win, that we don't. We should win this game.

Buckley 4 Malthouse 0

That's ignoring the ins and outs for tonight, which favour us too. Lets not forget form, plus the fact that Carlton are fried shark shit.

I'm rarely confident before games. Except against Carlton, Richmond and Sydney.

We're going to destroy Carlton.

Hope so. Pretty brave for Mick to choose this one to be the record breaker.

With the storms going on in SE Queensland over the weekend and the general form of the two teams, could the Suns/Lions game be the first game where no one bothers to show up? :p To be fair I wouldn't be surprised if it's called off along with the League test tonight.

Giants to beat the Eagles by 6+ goals. Put your house on it.

Please don't put your house on it.

Also, can I just have a quick rant about the Victorian media making up shit every week about how all our players are homesick and just can't wait to sign on with Collingwood etc when their contracts end? Jon Ralph wrote some hogwash today about Dylan Shiel, nicely cherry picking a few quotes from an article that was on afl.com.au about 3 weeks ago and putting his spin on them.

I could understand if we were doing badly, and if there was no chance of us winning a flag any time soon. But I'm pretty sure blind freddy can see that there is success in our future, and the players seem to enjoy living in Sydney (most live in the Eastern suburbs near the beach, but if you listen to the papers they live in Blacktown or something). And lets not forget how eager Jezza Cameron was to get back to Melbourne!

Geez it gives me the shits.

Edit: Case in point.

Buckley 4 Malthouse 0

That's ignoring the ins and outs for tonight, which favour us too. Lets not forget form, plus the fact that Carlton are fried shark shit.

We shouldn't lose. That's what always makes me nervous.

Carlton v Collingwood at the MCG, 7.50pm AEST

LATE CHANGES
Carlton: Michael Jamison (shoulder) replaced in selected side by Robbie Warnock
Collingwood: Nil

FINAL INTERCHANGES
Carlton: Kade Simpson, Patrick Cripps, Ed Curnow
Substitute: Blaine Boekhorst

Collingwood: Taylor Adams, Jackson Ramsay, Corey Gault
Substitute: Patrick Karnezis

I don't like having Karnezis as the sub. I think he should be in the team.

legend166

Giants to beat the Eagles by 6+ goals. Put your house on it.

Please don't put your house on it.

Also, can I just have a quick rant about the Victorian media making up shit every week about how all our players are homesick and just can't wait to sign on with Collingwood etc when their contracts end? Jon Ralph wrote some hogwash today about Dylan Shiel, nicely cherry picking a few quotes from an article that was on afl.com.au about 3 weeks ago and putting his spin on them.

I could understand if we were doing badly, and if there was no chance of us winning a flag any time soon. But I'm pretty sure blind freddy can see that there is success in our future, and the players seem to enjoy living in Sydney (most live in the Eastern suburbs near the beach, but if you listen to the papers they live in Blacktown or something). And lets not forget how eager Jezza Cameron was to get back to Melbourne!

Geez it gives me the shits.

Edit: Case in point.

Victorian media doesn't know anything about non-Victorian sides.

Case in point, this week Kevin Bartlett said Sam Reid was the second best swingman in the comp.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I originally had Collingwood winning by 46 pts but then I changed it to 13 or so, like an idiot, because a write-up mentioned the Malthouse milestone and said Carlton might come out pumped up to win it for him. ~_~

Edit: I may have actually changed it back after-all. I had the page open in two different browsers and both showed the higher margin. I tried refreshing but it seems they hide the margin during the game. Hopefully I come to my senses after the fact.:S

Carlton really are terrible. They didn't even put in any kind of effort for Malthouse, bar Judd and maybe Simpson.

Great win by the Pies. We keep on beating the bottom teams well and we now just need to take a scalp of one of the good teams. We have 3 very winnable games up next, before we hit a decent enough team.

oipic

Carlton really are terrible. They didn't even put in any kind of effort for Malthouse, bar Judd and maybe Simpson.

While I wholeheartedly agree regarding the lack of effort, or perceived lack of effort (I think it has just as much to do with lack of skill, poise, class, leadership and mental resilience, team selection/balance, game plan and lack of clear structures), I've heard and read many comments along the lines of 'lack of effort FOR Mick'... and it irks me.

I think the football public vastly overestimates how much this week, this milestone, this coaching record, the man himself, means to Carlton, or to Carlton people.

This wasn't a Carlton celebration - Malthouse is a Carlton man by employment only, not by endearment or emotion. If anything, I think the build-up this week and last night itself would've served Collingwood's needs more than Carlton's. For all the respect shown, Bucks and Eddie would've been relishing this encounter even more so than previous clashes with a Malthouse-coached Carlton.

From a Carlton perspective, this week has all been about Mick - as it so regularly has been since he took the job at the Blues. I'm very glad the record breaking milestone has passed so we can put away the historical sentiment and get back to business, as this was an unfortunate distraction.

The Carlton players lack of willingness to play for each other? Now that's a whole other story (and problem) - a far bigger one than 'not lifting for Mick'.

Great win by the Pies. We keep on beating the bottom teams well and we now just need to take a scalp of one of the good teams. We have 3 very winnable games up next, before we hit a decent enough team.

Very impressive by the Pies - seem to be developing an almost Hawthorn-like ability to plug players into the composition and structure of the team and have them clearly understand their roles. Personnel and recruiting plays a role in this, sure, but Collingwood look well coached to me at present. Crisp, Oxley, Grundy, to name a few, are very impressive youngsters. The Pies are an entertaining team to watch, and play a good brand of footy.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Some real ugly footy being played by Geelong atm.

Half-Time: A better visually pleasing quarter. Some of our kids are starting to work there way into the game. Even though not everything they've done has paid off, I like the effort.

It blew my mind that Chris Newman, they say, has a 1 win 16 loss record against the Cats.

End of third: Played some solid footy. Sad for Walker missing out on his third due to blood rule and being subbed out as soon as he went off. Conflicted reports. Seemed odd given Kelly would soon be headed to hospital.

Game: Very happy. Was easily our best four quarter effort and reminiscent of our footy from last year. Richmond came hard in the end, some brilliant running from Houli and Rance. Hard to know where we stand though given the team we played. Thought we withstood most of what was thrown at us and competed well which is much better than I've seen in our other games.

Rezbit

Ah feck. Just what we didn't need, a wet weather game against an emerging, throw the kitchen sink team.

Dogs definitely won't be easy beats, shit they've got some good kids.

P. Fembot

Banned
I'm hating my life as a mad Carlton supporter. Such a soft effortless performance.

Doggies surprising win.

Feel bad for Tom Rockliff getting stretchered off in the first five minutes. He's a had a horror year.

Carlton v Brisbane next week will be interesting, Brisbane will probably spank us. #woodenspoon

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Just got around to paying for my Essendon membership.

Better 5 rounds in this year than 17 like last year lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom