• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Women's Round presented by Stephen Milne & Majak Daw

Status
Not open for further replies.
shit, Smith injured. Looks pretty bad, knee to the back of the head.

Kinda looked like he had a seizure on the field (Ive seen a few in my footy days), so may have a serious head injury here.

Lets hope he is ok.

he gave a thumb up as he went down the race on the cart. So hopefully just a headache and week out.

He is one of the most underrated players in the AFL.

mrpookles

Good win for the Dogs. I still think we're bottom 6-7, but hopefully the trajectory is finally up for us.

I really don't think Richmond are a finals side. Their list is massively overrated.

Kaze Kyou

Well, if there's anything we've learnt so far - bringing in "successful" past coaches to take over rookie coaches and a "young an budding team" is a recipe for disaster. Are Carlton doing better with Malthouse than they did with Brett Ratten? Are we seeing immediate results from Rodney Eade over Guy McKenna? Why are we not seeing the Pies dominate with Nathan Buckley, the club's favourite son?

I reckon if those clubs stuck with their guns, they probably could've gotten somewhere. If the Hawks kicked Clarkson out after his first two years, we would've still been a basket case. Thank God this was still the time when kicking out coaches for not bringing immediate success was a trend.

fisheyes

Port seem to have lost a bit of their mojo, that's for sure. Felt like the Power of old. I'm hoping it's just because we've played an underdone set of players - Trengove, Wingard, Hartlett, Monfries, Ryder and Redden - and it'll kick back into gear soon. Ryder already looked heaps better this week than he did week 1, for example.

No way they should've all been playing when we had players like Young having a good preseason. Maybe it's the time to make a few adjustments.

fizzik

Banned
Eade is the answer no one wanted to a question nobody asked.

Guess I'll be saving some money on tickets this year. Although it might be fun to watch v the hawks. For the same reason people watch planes crash.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh, another big out for the Cats. Bartel, Motlop and now Rivers are out for today's game. At least I'll get to see what Rhys Stanley is like for us. From all indications from last week's VFL game he really struggled with fitness due to pre-season injury. Hopefully he shows plenty today.

Edit: JC, that was some awful footy there.

Edit 2: Thought that 2nd quarter was much better. We actually looked interested in chasing and attacking the ball. Good pressure all round though we're really struggling in defense and letting the big Freo forwards easily mark the ball. Quiet game for our big forwards due to poor kicking into 50. Liked Gregson's (2nd gamer) game so far.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Is geelong's reign of terror finally over?

There were signs all throughout last year. We overachieved IMO. It'll only get worse because of our lack of players who can carry the team forward when all our older players leave in the next couple years. Lonergen, Mackie, Stevie J, Enright, Kelly, Bartel, Stokes are all 31+. Only Bartel has the potential to stick around beyond two years imo.
We lack players in the 21-24 age bracket that look ready to step up. Duncan, Guthrie and Motlop are really it. Christensen was another. Caddy still has plenty to learn and needs to get himself involved when a game gets tough. The rest of our list has question marks over them.

I still think we're good enough to play finals if they can get their act together but we're never going to be that scary good side of years past.

bomma_man

There were signs all throughout last year. We overachieved IMO. It'll only get worse because of our lack of players who can carry the team forward when all our older players leave in the next couple years. Lonergen, Mackie, Stevie J, Enright, Kelly, Bartel, Stokes are all 31+. Only Bartel has the potential to stick around beyond two years imo.
We lack players in the 21-24 age bracket that look ready to step up. Duncan, Guthrie and Motlop are really it. Christensen was another. Caddy still has plenty to learn and needs to get himself involved when a game gets tough. The rest of our list has question marks over them.

I still think we're good enough to play finals if they can get their act together but we're never going to be that scary good side of years past.

Success can't last forever I suppose.

I'd be enjoying this game if I wasn't so fucking hungover.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I'm now nervous.

Another 40 point lead.

I was very close to picking Essendon this week too. The Dons have a pretty good knack of making good sides look pretty ordinary in a game when they're up against it and I think Geelong made the Hawks look more unbeatable than they really are.
Hopefully they can run it out this week.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
40 minute games and 10 game seasons plz.

Fucking so angry

Hawthorn were always going to come back. I'd just hope that Essendon can keep this quarter in their favor and then get back the momentum in the last and create some scoreboard pressure.

Edit: Entertaining game so far. Good pressure footy.

Edit 2: Hopefully Chappy can get involved this last quarter, he always loved playing the Hawks.

Edit 3: WTF was that Daniher?
Again? Idiot.

Edit 4: Good goal.

WOW!!!

Edit 5: 15 seconds.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
There we have it. Never lose faith Bombers fans.

Edit; The defense for Essendon in those last 2 quarters was fantastic. Good win.

Westlo

Would've thrashed both grand finalists by 60+ with a full pre season

Speaking of a plane crash, I hope Hawthorn deal the Essendon Bombers a football lesson today.

umad.png

AxeMan

I'm here.
Don't mind the loss. It's the worst we've played in a few years, I reckon even more than our loss against NM last year.

In the end we lost it more than Essendon won it

Westlo

So Port got North @ Eithad, Hawks @ Home, the showdown the next 3 weeks, they have a good chance of starting off 0-5, enjoy dat Paddy.

Cats got Gold Coast (will they finally show up?) @ Skilled, North @ Skilled, Richmond and Pies @ the G and finally the swans... could be a rough start for them.

jambo

Gaz confirmed to be out this week

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2015-04-14/ablett-ruled-out-of-cats-clash

Gold Coast SUNS captain Gary Ablett has been ruled out of Sunday’s match against Geelong at Simonds Stadium.

The decision to rest Ablett was made after he was reviewed by medical staff on Monday.

“When assessing Gary’s shoulder on Monday, it was apparent that his range of movement had been restricted and as a result we have made the decision that he will miss Sunday’s game against Geelong.”

“Our advice is that with some rest and the ability to add more strength, Gary should return in a better state to play,” Ashcroft said.

I watched the last few minutes of the Dons Hawks game, that was a hell of thing.

Still doesn't top The Miracle on Grass though.

leng jai

I would have bet my house Essendon would have lost after being going down 16 points. Hooksy has been practicing that goal all pre-season. He's cemented himself in Essendon folk lore forever.

I'm not confident, but I've got a feeling about our game vs the Swans this weekend... I reckon it will be a tough messy game in the wet, and we just might pull off an upset.

Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom