• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Ya'll realize Tripp had no depth because he was conceived to be the sacrificial lamb, right? More a fault of the writers than the character.

When season 2 started and the team dynamics completely shifted and characters underwent some development, but Tripp rolled in with the same quips and same box of old Howling Commando gadgets, I knew his ass was dead.
I'll have to strongly disagree there. I liked BJ but he couldn't act for shit. His scream before he died is one of the most unintentionally hilarious scenes in the show.

5phLDih.jpg

Drayco21

Maybe they could make MCU Quake's hair shorter, but the show got Quake's costume close to the comics while adding a little extra flair.

I still wish MCU SHIELD uniforms in general looked more like the comic versions of the uniforms. Brighter blue and white, less generic black and tacticool stuff we see from most of the designs.

Season 3 costume looks fine for being built off the MCU version of the SHIELD uniform, but I wish she had bigger gauntlets and shorter hair. I don't mind her losing the weird face cybernetics so much.

background.jpg

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
it looks like they might be...

Spencer Treat Clark is playing someone named Alex in episode 2

That would be amazing and unexpected.

jmood88

Thank you! I'm sorry but Tripp -- while adorable and very likeable -- had like, nothing to offer beyond "yaaaah girl" and the occasional one liner.
And whose fault is that? It was possible for the writers to give him more to do and they decided not to.

kirblar

And whose fault is that? It was possible for the writers to give him more to do and they decided not to.
Because they had decided to off him. They wanted to kill someone during the Quake reveal, and they settled on the guy who they couldn't get full-time.

- J - D -

The deepest they've gone into Trip as a character was to link him to the Howling Commandos via his grandfather. The only real payoff to that was the idea that his grandfather was a cool dude with a lot of spy gadgets. And then they stopped trying to give Trip anything more substantial.

Then he bit the dust and I just shrugged. I felt sadder when Lucy Lawless died, and she was in the show for like 2 episodes.

Slacka

Before heading into this new season did Ant-Man do any world building I need to be aware of? I don't care about being spoiled.

Other than
a cameo by Agent Carter at the start of the movie, a cameo by Falcon midway through and his being recruited, or at least pitched to the Avengers at the end of the movie
Ant Man was pretty much self contained. I cant really think of anything that might be crossover relevant to the wider MCU, let alone Agents of Shield

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Before heading into this new season did Ant-Man do any world building I need to be aware of? I don't care about being spoiled.

For this show, not really much that I can remember.

Best I can remember: The Falcon knows about Scott Lang (Ant-Man) meaning the Avengers might know about him. That leads to Civil War stuff.

Pym Industries exists, so who knows, maybe they'll name drop some tech from there. Some potential mentioning in relation to Hydra, as they were working with the then CEO of Pym to buy the shrinking tech, but that fell through.

Not alot else. Michael Douglas won't appear, but I figure Evangaline Lilly and Paul Rudd would be game to show up if a reason comes up to have them. Would be great to see Michael Peña show up, as he was funny as hell, but he doesn't have alot of purpose beyond being comic relief.

Marcus K. seeks a further comic book connection: "Besides Daisy Johnson will we see any other Secret Warriors characters from the comic book appear on the show?"

Tancharoen: Trying to get us to reveal more. Love the attempt... but we have to keep quiet about any plans, and hold a few things up our sleeves. So we will say this -- yes.

Michael N. has an eye towards the Marvel Cinematic Universe's near-future: "With characters like Doctor Strange getting introduced into the MCU, is there any chance that the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D will start encountering more supernatural threats?"

Whedon: I think it is safe to say that, yes.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...s-answer-your-pre-season-3-premiere-questions

Frog-fu

Banned
The deepest they've gone into Trip as a character was to link him to the Howling Commandos via his grandfather. The only real payoff to that was the idea that his grandfather was a cool dude with a lot of spy gadgets. And then they stopped trying to give Trip anything more substantial.

Then he bit the dust and I just shrugged. I felt sadder when Lucy Lawless died, and she was in the show for like 2 episodes.

I hope Agent Carter does more with Gabe Jones.

I wanna know why this dude
latest

ended up owning cool as shit spy gear.

I hope DupliKate comes back.
Nice reference!

I wish they'd introduce the Greek Pantheon so they can add Phobos.
Yeah, give me Phobos and Druid, I loved both characters, for very different reasons obviously.

I've been on a media blackout, but I do hope they go for the Secret angle, where Coulson reveals the team as a trump card at the peak of Civil War or something
like Fury did during Secret Invasion.

AMUSIX

Who knows. But if the show lasts long enough to run parallel with the movie it'd be funny if they tie them in.

Medusa: He's your king.
Daisy: I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.

Of course, then we'd see the violence inherent in the system.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
According to an interview with Maurissa Tancharoen and Jed Whedon earlier this month, tonight's episode happens three months after the season two finale (so August 2015, basically shortly after Ant-Man ends). Just something to keep in mind when watching it tonight.

an Ancient Aliens, if you will

I'm going to hopefully be asleep before it airs so I'll have to watch it whenever I get up. Looking forward to see where they go from last season's great improvement.

Neoxon

Lucky for me, Comcast now allows for the viewing of my cable service from my laptop. Now I can have GAF & SHIELD on the same screen.

It would probably be simpler to tie it in some way to Stark - even if he does not know who exactly it was made for. It would also be a nice nod to the movie-verse, which people always love to see.

Stark has provided arms before (Misty Knight)

That phrasing has made me anticipate a "right to bear arms" line at some point from Coulson, right before he uses the thing.

Frog-fu

Banned
It would probably be simpler to tie it in some way to Stark - even if he does not know who exactly it was made for. It would also be a nice nod to the movie-verse, which people always love to see.

Stark has provided arms before (Misty Knight)

I imagine Maria Hill will be the one to give Coulson the arm if he is getting a Stark Industries one. It'd be a cool reinforcement of the MCU/MTVU interconnectedness, but my bet is on Fitz working something up based on the Deathlok tech.

Dunno how they'll handle Misty Knight. She is gonna be on a Netflix Original series and Daredevil hardly had any overt references to the MCU so I guess they won't use Stark Industries either.

Clark Gregg had an EW interview where he said:
It’s far from the kind of hand that someone like, say, Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) would have drafted for himself with that kind of budget.
So that rules a Stark arm out. For now at least. Didn't rule out the possibility for upgrades.

Top Bottom