• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

I'll have to strongly disagree there. I liked BJ but he couldn't act for shit. His scream before he died is one of the most unintentionally hilarious scenes in the show.

Strongly disagree. I get you didn't like the character but he had more charisma in his 2 lines per episode than half the cast.

It really shouldn't even have been an either/or scenario and probably wouldn't have been had Tripp's actor not been First Position on Being Mary Jane.

TheOddOne

Season premiere today:
Season 3: episode 1 "Laws of Nature"

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” returns for an action-packed third season, with Director Phil Coulson and Agent Daisy Johnson leading the charge as S.H.I.E.L.D. searches the world for more powered people in the aftermath of their epic battle with Jiaying and her army of Inhumans. However, Coulson and the team soon find out that they are not the only group looking for these new Inhumans.

On the season premiere episode, “Laws of Nature,” when Coulson and the team discover a new Inhuman, S.H.I.E.L.D. comes face to face with another organization searching for powered people. And still reeling from Simmons’ dramatic disappearance, Fitz goes to extreme lengths to try to learn how to get her back.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The scene where Sky breaks out of her cocoon easily tops it.

That was corny as hell, but the show has also given us a number of amazing moments:

gyr0cLI.gif
PUJS0NB.gif
SR0bg7G.gif

And my personal favourite:

aPjpeXv.gif

anaron

^ haha

that was the scene that entirely solidified and redeemed Skye as a great character for me.

The scene where Sky breaks out of her cocoon easily tops it.
eh, in the moment it was exhilarating to see terrigenisis/the first real MCU superpower origin play out and finally make a character who was constantly teased as being special, well, special.

Pachimari

I thought the cocoon breakout with Skye, was an incredible moment. It was damn cool, and one of the better moments of the show. Not corny and not hilarious.

Famassu

Her posture after breaking out of the cocoon was a bit awkwardly shot, but otherwise, yeah, it was a really good climax for the whole storyline involving Skye & her meeting her father for the first time and finding out about her inhumanity, the Diviner, Coulson's obsessive drawings etc. The swelling music was nice too.

I kinda think that cocoon scene only felt cool to me because I already know about the mist and the way it works from the comics. a friend of mine who didn't follow comic book just left a bit confused with the scene at first.

HeySeuss

Let's do this! I'm ready for tonight. Got stuff in the crock pot and did my housework yesterday so that I'm not disturbed for the event. Between this and TWD next week and American Horror Story (I don't have high expectations), I'm ready for fall TV.

Frog-fu

Banned
Honestly Tripp's character not being developed is just shit writing but personality wise I'll take the more easy going Tripp over the "argh I'm a hard ass muscle dude" any day. What they should have done was keep Tripp and actually develop him as a character outside of "I has commando gear".

Tripp's character fit with the group better and the actor is better than Mack. Only reason why we even like Mack is because they actually wrote him a story arc. And I blame the Rule of One for the entire thing.

I agree Tripp should've been developed more. They tried with the budding romance between him and Jemma, but it wasn't particularly interesting.

While I didn't hate BJ Britt in his role, I think it's fair to say that based on his interactions with the rest of of the cast Henry Simmons was the better fit for the show. He has much more chemistry with Hunter, Fitz, Coulson, Bobbi and Skye.

Britt had similar scenes with enough of dialogue but never did more than take up space. Granted, he didn't have the benefit of a mysterious backstory to channel, but I never had that in mind when it was just Mack interacting with the crew about stuff that didn't have anything to do with the "real" SHIELD, e.g. when he was just chilling with Fitz and Hunter or helping Fitz with his work, or even when he was just straight up afraid of Skye and her powers.

Mack irrationally hating Colson was fucked up. Dude has 2 speeds chill and no chill. Very little depth.

Well he did lose a lot of friends and got it in his head Coulson was in part responsible for it, but he got over it so I don't think that's an indication of little depth. That's character development.

He has a temper, but that's a character flaw. Not bad writing.

duckroll

Which I'd be OK with, if it were an off-season offering like Agent Carter is and they didn't also remove them from this show without a reaaallly good reason.

I don't think it would be logistically possible for them to headline a new series and continue to be on AoS as regulars at the same time. That's just not how TV shows work!

Rafy

I still need to watch DareDevil but I won't miss the premiere. Season 2 started okayish, then became amazing.

it's quite fascinating how this and Gotham were bad at the beginning and the second seasons were much better. It's like they are actually listening to the fans... Don't get me wrong, they are still far from perfect as shows, but they have become fun to watch at the very least.

Dispatch

it's quite fascinating how this and Gotham were bad at the beginning and the second seasons were much better. It's like they are actually listening to the fans... Don't get me wrong, they are still far from perfect as shows, but they have become fun to watch at the very least.

Um, Gotham has only had one season. I guess it just feels that long. :)

I don't watch Gotham.

Luigi87

Um, Gotham has only had one season. I guess it just feels that long. :)

I don't watch Gotham.
Simply put, IMO at least, two eps into s2 of Gotham has been much more enjoyable than all of season 1 for me. It's totally ridiculous and I love it.

On topic, so excited for Agents of SHIELD tonight! By far my favourite current on-going series on television. Summer may be my favourite season and I'm sad it's over, but at least I got my AoS back.
OnWard to Secret Warriors and leading to Civil War!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I gotta wonder, where the hell are Black Bolt and the family right now in the MCU? The Moon?

Who knows. But if the show lasts long enough to run parallel with the movie it'd be funny if they tie them in.

Medusa: He's your king.
Daisy: I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.

Slayven

Inhumans were a piss poor attempt of the Kree to replicate the awesomeness of Eternals, another hyper evolved offshoot of humanity.

Know who is an Eternal?

Thanos

Top Bottom