• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

image.png

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I only watched the first clip ... that was more than enough for me. I want to enjoy the episode when it airs!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Damn, I'm so tempted by those clips, but on the other hand, we are almost there! :D

Wednesday can't come soon enough.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Damn, I'm so tempted by those clips, but on the other hand, we are almost there! :D

Wednesday can't come soon enough.

It's on tomorrow, Tuesday!

strafer

please, i aint watching no clips...I know what happened last time.

Fool me once shame on you

fool me thrice shame on me

Im holding out

Pachimari

To me, those clips weren't that revealing. It's just conversation, conversation, conversation, but I weren't really listening. It's just a moment between Hunter and Coulson, and the other one is Skye and Lincoln.

Kalentan

I will say, based on the Episode 1 intro...

I think I will like Mack more this season. I liked him until the half way point of S2 before starting to like him again at the end. Since he appears to be working with Daisy, it seems he either got over his inHuman hatred or at the very least understands not to put it in front of his teammates.

If anyone is interested, there's a sale on Comixology that includes all of Secret Warriors and the first 6 issues of the current SHIELD series.

This is obviously 100% unnecessary to appreciate the direction the show is taking, but Secret Warriors was a great book. It's a complete, self-contained story, in an underrepresented genre (espionage/military adventure).

Really looking forward to this season.

Drayco21

I'm kind of glad they're just ditching Skye completely.

Which only makes it all the more infuriating that they've been pushing Quake to identify as Skye and act more like her in the comics.

If anyone is interested, there's a sale on Comixology that includes all of Secret Warriors and the first 6 issues of the current SHIELD series.

This is obviously 100% unnecessary to appreciate the direction the show is taking, but Secret Warriors was a great book. It's a complete, self-contained story, in an underrepresented genre (espionage/military adventure).

Really looking forward to this season.

Secret Warriors was a fantastic book. Hope the show manages to capture even a fraction of the quality for this season.

anaron

it doesn't make a whole lot of sense if those that are close to her are suddenly calling her Daisy nor would it for Skye to demand that.

I hope it's mainly used on the field, as an alias and whatnot at the beginning to make it less forced.

StudioTan

it doesn't make a whole lot of sense if those that are close to her are suddenly calling her Daisy nor would it for Skye to demand that.

I hope it's mainly used on the field, as an alias and whatnot at the beginning to make it less forced.

Skye was just her handle anyway, you call a person what they want to be called. I have a few friends that have changed their names, it's not a big deal.

anaron

Dan Feurriegel is joining the show.

VWZHK3e.jpg

So very excited to be a part of @AgentsofSHIELD @ABCNetwork this season !!!!! #AgentsofSHIELD #Season3 #LetsDoThis #Marvel

I noticed the name in the episode 3 synopsis before seeing his pic and going "oh hey it's that dude from Spartacus!" lol

Slayven

She found her parents, found out they were batshit crazy, found out she is a member of a different species, and got super powers.

Her taking the name can be seen as taking hold of her identity and becoming what she wants to be.

StudioTan

Dan Feurriegel is joining the show.

VWZHK3e.jpg

I noticed the name in the episode 3 synopsis before seeing his pic and going "oh hey it's that dude from Spartacus!" lol

I thought they only worked on CW shows? :p

I will say, based on the Episode 1 intro...

I think I will like Mack more this season. I liked him until the half way point of S2 before starting to like him again at the end. Since he appears to be working with Daisy, it seems he either got over his inHuman hatred or at the very least understands not to put it in front of his teammates.

Or we could have Tripp who didn't care and was down for his people from day one! DDDD:

Yes, I will forever be bitter about this. Stupid ass Rule of One ruining great shows.

anaron

She found her parents, found out they were batshit crazy, found out she is a member of a different species, and got super powers.

Her taking the name can be seen as taking hold of her identity and becoming what she wants to be.
I'm not saying taking the name is dumb, I like the affirmation. That being said, I think everyone suddenly calling her Daisy would be incredibly forced and odd to see without any sort of passing mention.

Yeah, there's been a timejump and all but it's already a point of contention amongst people online if you look at any comments section. lol

Frog-fu

Banned
Or we could have Tripp who didn't care and was down for his people from day one! DDDD:

Yes, I will forever be bitter about this. Stupid ass Rule of One ruining great shows.

Don't disagree on the Rule of One, but Tripp was shit. Let's be real about that. He had little to no personality and was just there to fill up space.

Mack ain't perfect, but he his own man with his own convictions, and even if that puts him on the wrong side of the argument sometimes it's cool that he doesn't shy away from skepticism or making himself heard without falling into stereotypical pitfalls of Angry Black Man™ - even you gotta appreciate that despite your dislike for the man.

We got a strong black male character in Mack, and those are actually pretty rare.

StudioTan

Don't disagree on the Rule of One, but Tripp was shit. Let's be real about that. He had little to no personality and was just there to fill up space.

Mack ain't perfect, but he his own man with his own convictions, and even if that puts him on the wrong side of the argument sometimes it's cool that he doesn't shy away from skepticism or making himself heard without falling into stereotypical pitfalls of Angry Black Man™ - even you gotta appreciate that despite your dislike for the man.

We got a strong black male character in Mack, and those are actually pretty rare.

I agree, Mack > Tripp.

anaron

Thank you! I'm sorry but Tripp -- while adorable and very likeable -- had like, nothing to offer beyond "yaaaah girl" and the occasional one liner.

Ya'll realize Tripp had no depth because he was conceived to be the sacrificial lamb, right? More a fault of the writers than the character.

When season 2 started and the team dynamics completely shifted and characters underwent some development, but Tripp rolled in with the same quips and same box of old Howling Commando gadgets, I knew his ass was dead.

kirblar

Ya'll realize Tripp had no depth because he was conceived to be the sacrificial lamb, right? More a fault of the writers than the character.

When season 2 started and the team dynamics completely shifted and characters underwent some development, but Tripp rolled in with the same quips and same box of old Howling Commando gadgets, I knew his ass was dead.
Also, he had another gig he was splitting time with.

They did more with Mack in the first handful of S2 episodes than Tripp's entire run with the show. Tripp was the likable everyman with zero defining plot development beyond a relative in the HCs and a small crush on Jemma that went nowhere.

Mack's personality was apparent from the get go, and the show has been greatly improved because of him. I'm so glad he seems to be getting a chance for an even more central role in S3.

He's finally back on something I watch. I'm ecstatic.

Honestly Tripp's character not being developed is just shit writing but personality wise I'll take the more easy going Tripp over the "argh I'm a hard ass muscle dude" any day. What they should have done was keep Tripp and actually develop him as a character outside of "I has commando gear".

Tripp's character fit with the group better and the actor is better than Mack. Only reason why we even like Mack is because they actually wrote him a story arc. And I blame the Rule of One for the entire thing.

LionPride

Banned
Just realized I have a class from 6-8 tomorrow and will miss half of Shield.

May just watch those 30 or so minutes then catch up later that night

anaron

Honestly Tripp's character not being developed is just shit writing but personality wise I'll take the more easy going Tripp over the "argh I'm a hard ass muscle dude" any day. What they should have done was keep Tripp and actually develop him as a character outside of "I has commando gear".

Tripp's character fit with the group better and the actor is better than Mack. Only reason why we even like Mack is because they actually wrote him a story arc. And I blame the Rule of One for the entire thing.

I'll have to strongly disagree there. I liked BJ but he couldn't act for shit. His scream before he died is one of the most unintentionally hilarious scenes in the show.

btw did anyone watch the deleted scenes of S2? there's some good character interaction in there. I really appreciated seeing Fitz and Skye discuss how odd Jemma was acting after Tripp died.

Top Bottom