• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

I wonder if Will is the evil force (or at least possessed by it / serving it) and the thing on the planet is his warden. That would explain why it wanted to prevent Simmons from leaving, and also why it kills everything that comes through.

SHIELD rescues Will and does what Hydra was invented to do. And there is your ultimate big bad.

They rescue Will, leave some massive explosive there to deal with the big bad, escape back to our world, Daisy destroys the portal.

Will embraces Simmons...

... and his eyes glow red for just a second...

... only Fitz notices

*credits*

I wonder what the inhuman royal family thinks about all this shit, Hydra sucks, there's already an overpowered jackass who'd love to rule over them but they can't find him.

Well ok Black Bolt might get Medusa to tell them to go fuck themselves but Maximus would be down.

Dai101

Banned
They rescue Will, leave some massive explosive there to deal with the big bad, escape back to our world, Daisy destroys the portal.

Will embraces Simmons...

... only Fitz notices

*credits*

And no one will believe Fitz because he be jelly

GENIOUS!!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I fucking love this show, my mate has been going on about it for ages and I just ignored him but after binging all three seasons it's now one of the shows I look forward to the most. I actually prefer it to the Avenger films.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Will embraces Simmons...

... only Fitz notices

*credits*
Eh, tired trope. At least if they go that route the charade would only last one episode.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
And no one will believe Fitz because he be jelly

GENIOUS!!

Except I'm pretty sure they would all believe him, at least enough to investigate potential shenanigans.

Dai101

Banned
Except I'm pretty sure they would all believe him, at least enough to investigate potential shenanigans.

tumblr_inline_ny1172Ap5y1tvnx3g_500.jpg

Her having stronger feelings for Will makes far less sense considering she spent years with Fitzs and mere months with Will. Of course, she actualy had a real romantic relationship with Will when she was at her lowest point. That's what makes the whole situation a conundrum.

People are going to have to come to terms with the fact that, regardless of how unconvincing they may find the chemistry between the two, Simmons clearly has strong romantic feelings for Fitz. It's undeniable at this point. So the notion that their relationship suddenly deteriorated into a matter of Fitz earning her or any other such nonsense needs to stop. It's perfectly natural for Simmons to be flattered by Fitz's devotion and simultaneously conflicted over how she feels about him because of Will. Likewise, Fitz feeling frustrated after everything that's happened is also a reasonable response.

Now, none of that necessarily means this plot thread is especially well done or convincing but I don't find that the show is pushing the "he earned her!" narrative at all.

Romance doesn't come from friendship, only tinder.

Dennis

Banned
I still want Ward redemption.

It is not too late dammit. He only kills bad guys. And maybe some Shield agents but they are pros, occupational hazard.

Will being the bad guy (shapeshifter or possession) would be too obvious, but right now I don't doubt the show doing that. Jemma carrying the next antichrist, haha.

Dennis

Banned
What if the Inhuman babby growing in Simmons tummy is Black Bolt?

I still hold out hope that the Season Finale tweeeest is Skrimmons tho.

I don't for a second believe that they're going to rescue Will and then Simmons will have a new beau forevermore, and that's it. Even if he's not the thing then whatever was exiled there is coming through with them.

What else would be the point of the "we've got to go back for him!" and "a powerful inhuman was exiled there" plot points introduced this season?

Other points: Why would a prisoner want to stay, and why would it kill whomever was sent to help it? The thing that makes me consider that Will might very well be the thing Hydra wants to rescue is those points and the fact that Simmons was prevented from leaving once before when Will was right there next to her. When they were separated she found her way to the portal. On top of that the space suit thing that Simmons saw in the storm was suspect as shit.

And besides, SHIELD fulfilling HYDRA's ultimate mission has a nice ring to it.

I'll gladly be wrong but we're 8 episodes in and I can't think of anything they've mentioned so far that could fill the rest of the season. But maybe I'm just convinced there is a twist to everything in television these days, and perhaps things are exactly as they appear (but when has that ever been the case in this show).

Now, none of that necessarily means this plot thread is especially well done or convincing but I don't find that the show is pushing the "he earned her!" narrative at all.

It totally is.

Even if she does have feelings for him, it's very clear she's being written that way as a trophy romance.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It's a minor goof, but it bugged me a little when they laid down the images in the wrong order. The slow transition was broken and made the scene jump a bit for me.

Weren't they going from the newer (space age) logo to the older logos? Maybe the new octopus logo was just a take on an old logo?

That's how I understood anyway. Space Age logo, 1827-1829 logo, 1280-1700 logo, 800-1200 logo, IV seccolo BC (which is 300-400 before christ). It's not in the wrong order, it's just the inverse order (it would make more sense if the numbers were reversed on the photos, but then that wouldn't make sense in a book)

guek

Banned
It totally is.

Even if she does have feelings for him, it's very clear she's being written that way as a trophy romance.

If she were just a trophy, there wouldn't be any dilemma. Consider the fact that Fitz doesn't even expect to be with Simmons at this point, he just really wants to be. The show has made it explicit he's not trying to help get Will back thinking it'll get him laid. He's doing it because it's the right thing to do.

Huh. Granted I'm no slayven but I don't recall anything about this secret Hydra origin. Is there a basis in the comics? Thought I recalled them being Egyptian in origin or something. That Brotherhood of the Spear stuff.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Huh. Granted I'm no slayven but I don't recall anything about this secret Hydra origin. Is there a basis in the comics? Thought I recalled them being Egyptian in origin or something. That Brotherhood of the Spear stuff.
That's basically it, yeah:
During the earliest recorded days of human history, a group of Egyptians, led by a man named Imhotep, fought back a Brood invasion. Spurred by this, the survivors formed two secret organizations - the Brotherhood of the Shield and the Brotherhood of the Spear. The Brotherhood of the Spear spread out, ingraining itself into all facets of human society - science, magic, politics - like a multi-headed beast, apparently destroyed around the time of the French Revolution. And although it went by many names - the Cathari sect, the Thule Society and all its antecedents - it is under the name of the many-headed Hydra that it is most well-known.

Formed during World War II, Hydra originally had a State Shinto Imperialist as its Supreme Hydra. Baron Strucker slew and replaced this man, but Captain Savage and the Leatherneck Raiders thwarted Strucker's attempt to gain an A-Bomb. Hydra then clashed with the Invaders. Earlier, Strucker had uncovered Gnobian advanced technology, while he also time traveled to the future from 1942.

Aries (Leonardo da Vinci) organized Strucker, the Fury brothers and others into a loose partnership known as the Great Wheel. The tasks he sent this group on led directly to the formation of S.H.I.E.L.D., Hydra, and Leviathan. Hydra's history is a long, tumultuous and convoluted one, spanning the decades from the end of the World War II up to the present day, tied directly to surviving fugitive members of governments of Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

Soon after the formation of S.H.I.E.L.D., one of its members and a former member of the Great Wheel known as the Professor secretly betrayed the organization to Hydra and became a double agent. Strucker used this connection to make Hydra the secret master of S.H.I.E.L.D. and thus Nick Fury. Hydra used S.H.I.E.L.D. as part of a years-long, slow burning plan to subvert the entire world and bring it under their control.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hydra_(Earth-616)

Koriandrr

So... this is basically going to be the new X-men? We have ultimate powerful and evil Inhuman most likely coming back to Earth + Lash vs good guy Inhumans or what's left of them.

Khaz

So... this is basically going to be the new X-men? We have ultimate powerful and evil Inhuman most likely coming back to Earth + Lash vs good guy Inhumans or what's left of them.

As film X-Men are stuck in their own universe, yeah. I don't feel too bad about it.

Frog-fu

Banned
I lol'd. Nice theory.

Will is just another hydra jerk. He'll probably be besties with Ward.

lmao Ward would probably kill him, be it either to tie up loose ends, fuck with Simmons for killing his boytoy Bakshi or help Fitz in some twisted way (since he really did seem to regret hurting him).

Chariot

lmao Ward would probably kill him, be it either to tie up loose ends, fuck with Simmons for killing his boytoy Bakshi or help Fitz in some twisted way (since he really did seem to regret hurting him).
Hydras long term plan was always to defy the universe and rbing Fitz and Simmons together who over thousands of years reincarnated and always ended up like this *cue Cloud Atlas like trailer*

They stepped up the fight choreography in a major way in that opening scene. It wasn't particularly intricate but it felt a hell of a lot more brutal than it has in the past. Perfect for a Ward fight.

I liked this re-introduction of Hydra. Brings them back in a way that shows they're still manipulating major Gov't powers secretly. So the overall MCU can still function properly in a Post-TWS way while the show can deal with a major enemy.

Other than people clutching on to this whole "Fitz is friendzone" meme, I don't see the problem with showing that Jemma has dueling feelings for both men. Especially considering her relationship with Will is a situation where it was formed through shared extreme stress and hardship. Those types of relationships are usually the burn bright and fast kind, and the people in them tend to not have a whole lot holding them together when that stress and hardship is gone.

I haven't been following this thread so I don't know what others think, but I think the writers have done an absolute shit job with Ward this season, and at this point his character is completely nonsensical. I used to love him as a character, even in season 2 he was still ok, and at this point I just want him off the show. Not because he's a bad guy, but because he's a bad bad guy.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I haven't been following this thread so I don't know what others think, but I think the writers have done an absolute shit job with Ward this season, and at this point his character is completely nonsensical. I used to love him as a character, even in season 2 he was still ok, and at this point I just want him off the show. Not because he's a bad guy, but because he's a bad bad guy.

You are alone in this opinion.

Ward is by a *cyclopean margin* the best character on this show.

Dennis

Banned
Hunter has moved up the Best Character ranking with lightning speed. Only Ward above him now.

I need a scene with him saying "That is a bloody scone, mate"

Quick

Banned
Marvel needs to inject more of that MCU money into the show.

But effects/set quality is probably also based on turnaround time between shooting and post-production.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Was it the drop in framerate whenever she activated them? I think on separate occassions, I saw her with her hands out, but nothing happened for an awkward split-second before something did.

yeah i noticed that hiccup too... it is a really cool concept and i hope they make the effect a little smoother going forward

they need to do something with Fitzsimmons, its dragging the show down. same shit happened in arrow s3 and it was a colossal waste of time.

Top Bottom