• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

The overaching tales in Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, and the Netflix shows are better than the stuff in the films involving the Infinity Stones and such.

lookatdisguyhuh.gif

I really need to catch up on Gotham, Christ.

So I'm still confused by a specific point.

What made Malick think Simmons and Fitz did anything special to get back? As viewers, we know it was pure dumb luck; Simmons happened to be in the vicinity of where the portal opened and Fitz just happened to shoot a flare that happened to catch her attention. Beyond that, they simply kept the portal open just long enough for them to slip back in.

Now that Fitz has jumped in, the only way back out is to know A) when the portal will reopen, B) where the portal will open, since it is established the endpoint on the planet is variable. Assuming the Secret Warriors don't mess up the timing, A is accounted for, but I don't think Fitz had prepared anything for B... which must be the big issue, otherwise Hydra would have gotten their ancient inhuman back centuries ago if it were that simple.

Chase17

It catches me off guard sometimes how much I find myself enjoying this show. I was about ready early in S1 but its been consistently good since the ward twist.

I'm actually going to be kind of bummed when they kill ward off, which I think will happen this season (if not next week). I've grown to find the ward shenanigans kind of funny over the last season and a half.

Apoc29

Mack: We're outgunned, outmanned, and the fate of the world hangs in the balance. We need to call...

Daisy: The Av...

Mack: That's right, Daisy. Get me Lincoln and that totally unproven guy.

Frog-fu

Banned
I'mma keep it real, I dropped Gotham at the end of season 1 and only picked it up again this week.

Gotham S2 is the truth, y'all.

The truth.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

What made Malick think Simmons and Fitz did anything special to get back?
The fact that no one else had managed it in hundreds of years.

As viewers, we know it was pure dumb luck; Simmons happened to be in the vicinity of where the portal opened and Fitz just happened to shoot a flare that happened to catch her attention. Beyond that, they simply kept the portal open just long enough for them to slip back in.
We know that, but Hydra doesn't know that. You would have to assume that the first person to EVER return through the portal would have some knowledge of how it happened and how to repeat it.

Now that Fitz has jumped in, the only way back out is to know A) when the portal will reopen, B) where the portal will open, since it is established the endpoint on the planet is variable. Assuming the Secret Warriors don't mess up the timing, A is accounted for, but I don't think Fitz had prepared anything for B... which must be the big issue, otherwise Hydra would have gotten their ancient inhuman back centuries ago if it were that simple.

The problem is that the portal times and locations are something you could only figure out from the other side. Gemma did this with the help of the computer equipment Will had left on the planet and by being a damn genius. They almost got a message out themselves.

Fitz has been going over her work basically since she got back, so he presumably knows the math to calculate the next portal position based on the positions of the stars and planetary objects in the vicinity.

I'mma keep it real, I dropped Gotham at the end of season 1 and only picked it up again this week.

Gotham S2 is the truth, y'all.

The truth.

They still got that goofy looking ass Joker in there? I saw a commercial with that guy in it and I was quite glad I never jumped on that train.

Just caught up on the latest AoS and it was quite enjoyable. I didn't expect Ward to go hard right out the gate. Can't wait to see metal bending dude vs metal telekinetic guy.

Maybe it was said earlier but does anyone else get the feeling Ward's going to be left alone on the planet? Convenient way to write him out for a while and punish him, and bring him back later.

Gotham S2 is a religious experience.

Truly.

If someone had told me at any point during season one that I would absolutely love season two I would have laughed in their face, but here we are. It's one of the bigger turnarounds I've ever seen on television.

Frog-fu

Banned
They still got that goofy looking ass Joker in there? I saw a commercial with that guy in it and I was quite glad I never jumped on that train.

That kid really grows into the roll in a satisfying arc that earned him Mark Hamill's stamp of approval.

I don't want to spoil anything, but you should get into it. Give it a chance.

Truly.

If someone had told me at any point during season one that I would absolutely love season two I would have laughed in their face, but here we are. It's one of the bigger turnarounds I've ever seen on television.

Word. Honestly, season 1 wasn't bad, I just had too many shows to keep up with and Gotham was still finding its voice, which they clearly have in S2, and now it's awesome.

Pachimari

I would say that Gotham is the absolute best comic book show right now. Even better than The Flash which I also rank highly, and that's even when I'm a Marvel fan.

Agents of Shield is starting to pick up thankfully but they seriously gotta do something about that Secret Warriors team. I can't take Joey seriously and Lincoln is just annoying at this point.

They need to find new and more likable Inhumans. ;)

I still remember plenty describing him as purely blank slate back in the day.

Surprised nobody pointed out how Imperial that whole makeshift HQ was.

Yeah I noticed the flashing red lights too.

Considering how everyone was right about Andrew being Lash I wouldn't be surprised if Ward got stranded.

Grazzt

Damn, what an episode.
I hope Ward will be left on the planet with that thing, then somehow gets back later with photographic reflexes.
Also,
Ward in military uniform is so hot

anaron

Yeah I noticed the flashing red lights too.

Considering how everyone was right about Andrew being Lash I wouldn't be surprised if Ward got stranded.
that or Coulson gets possessed, kills Ward and then becomes the big bad.

also I was looking at pictures of a young Powers Boothe and holy crap he resembles Brett Dalton.

What made Malick think Simmons and Fitz did anything special to get back? As viewers, we know it was pure dumb luck; Simmons happened to be in the vicinity of where the portal opened and Fitz just happened to shoot a flare that happened to catch her attention. Beyond that, they simply kept the portal open just long enough for them to slip back in.

Malick thinks that simmons did something special to get back was because none of the dudes they sent to help and get back managed to get back.

As for B , there is this discussion between fitz and simmons where they say that they have all the calculations done already and thus they know where the portal will open and thus the only thing they were debating on was whenever they should use the portal or not.

Fitz probably restored the data from simmons phone ( remember she used the phone processing power and battery in her calculations once ). Not to mention the fact that simmons herself probably knows since she did the calculations too.

So given by those elements .i think that the way to get back is quite possible.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Ward getting left behind feels too obvious. Maybe it will be Coulson instead.

Coulson gets left behind, Director Mack takes over and sets up S.W.O.R.D, they get back to the planet only to find a note "Me and Son of Coul are chilling on Asgard, no worries bro" while Idris Elba laughs in the background.

Word. Honestly, season 1 wasn't bad, I just had too many shows to keep up with and Gotham was still finding its voice, which they clearly have in S2, and now it's awesome.

Pretty much this. I was like "another DC show ugh". Constantine got cancelled though, and I just realllllly enjoyed the Penguin scenes, which pretty much kept me going through S1. I'm actually not as involved in S2 because less Penguin, but I'm still enjoying it.

The only drawback to having someone be "left behind" is that they already covered all that with the Simmons episode. So if it's Ward, then they won't show him until he mysteriously re-appears in a future episode. And if it's Coulson, they'll probably bring him back ASAP.

Lincoln smirking the whole time Mack was explaining the mission was kinda annoying. I guess he's happy Shield has to depend on him and is looking forward to shocking some stuff. But still annoying. Will be interesting to see Joey in action, though!

Maybe Mack will still stay Shield Director and Phil "fuck the rules" Coulson will start up Sword after he sees more intergalactic threats.

Chariot

The only drawback to having someone be "left behind" is that they already covered all that with the Simmons episode. So if it's Ward, then they won't show him until he mysteriously re-appears in a future episode. And if it's Coulson, they'll probably bring him back ASAP.
Maybe they can't because the stones are destroyed and they have no idea where to get new ones. It could easily put Coulson out of business for any amount of time.

Maybe they can't because the stones are destroyed and they have no idea where to get new ones. It could easily put Coulson out of business for any amount of time.

Hmm, I can imagine a scenario where the Inhuman gets through but Coulson is left behind. The team, under Director Mack, has to decide whether to get Coulson back or stop the new Hydra threat. Then the season can end with the Inhuman being destroyed and a robot hand punching through a pile of rubble where the castle used to be.

Pretty sure that's just his dumb face.

Resting dumb face

Top Bottom