• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Zomba13

Thoughts on Will possibly being the big bad?

I dunno. I think it's very possible Will is a bad, but not the big bad. I mean, if he was "It" and his goal was to get to Earth to blow it up or whatever, why didn't he when he was with Simmons? The other people sent there were dumb and couldn't figure out how to get back so it makes sense that "It" couldn't get back with them (because it also doesn't know) but when Will and Simmons were working together they figured it out and almost got it that one time and then it was luck that the portal opened when they were together but "It" tried to keep her/them there and only kept him. If he was the big bad, if he was "it" then he could have just went through with Simmons like she wanted him to.

I think he's fully Hydra and a bad person but I don't think he's "It". Maybe he even thinks "It" is bad and shouldn't be brought to Earth. I still think he killed his Hydra space buddies though.

Shahadan

Thoughts on Will possibly being the big bad?

He killed himself off screen or It overpowered him and took his form as far as I'm concerned. Too big an opportunity to bring It back on earth if they think it's Will.

It taking an astronaut form a few episodes ago is foreshadowing!

Zomba13

He killed himself off screen or It overpowered him and took his form as far as I'm concerned. Too big an opportunity to bring It back on earth if they think it's Will.

It taking an astronaut form a few episodes ago is foreshadowing!

Ooooh, yeah. He could totally be the big bad if he was possessed by "It". Or if "it" took his form since Simmons last saw him as a way to leave with her if she ever came back for him (because "It" might've noticed how they cared for each other).

The whole episode they kept saying that Fitz was the first one to figure out how to come back in hundreds of years of Hydra researching it. I wanted Fitz to say "I just tied a fucking rope around my waist, you idiots!"

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Please kill ward. Please kill ward. I don't know if I want to sit through another season with Ward in it.
23kXlZr.gif

Reading such posts just make me shake my head... i can understand that not everyone likes him but whats with the obsession with his death ? If you really think the show would be better without him you are in for a surprise once he is gone.

Johndoey

Banned
The level of blatant disrespect to Ward da gawd is continually disheartening to witness. Perhaps when the false idol Son of Coul is eradicated order shall prevail.

RobNBanks

Banned
Reading such posts just make me shake my head... i can understand that not everyone likes him but whats with the obsession with his death ? If you really think the show would be better without him you are in for a surprise once he is gone.

people just want everyone to die.

I'd love to see these people try to write a book or show.

10 minutes in they'd be like fuck, this guy seems useless. DEATH!

While I don't want to see Ward killed, and I don't think they will, I do think we're at a transition point. He needs to evolve or die.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Mack: We're outgunned, outmanned, and the fate of the world hangs in the balance. We need to call...

Daisy: The Av...

Mack: That's right, Daisy. Get me Lincoln and that totally unproven guy.

Coulson already briefed Mack on why he can't call for the Avengers

bUMt6EI.jpg

Please kill ward. Please kill ward. I don't know if I want to sit through another season with Ward in it.

Ward gonna show up in the season 4 premiere like.....

83edcf3a4da207c8d1ac6a163f380a19.jpg

Hopefully, the alien planet will force him into some new and interesting direction. He can't remain super cool spy villain forever. That road that The Winter Soldier started them on has pretty much gone as far as it can go.

Korigama

23kXlZr.gif

This season is already much less interesting compared to the previous one as it is. I see little additional damage resulting from getting rid of a villain who's basically still being kept around by the writers just because. Perhaps the focus can be shifted to someone more interesting than a vindictive mole once he's no longer around.

Quick

Banned
I feel like Ward is going to be possessed by the Inhuman on the Hydra planet.

Ward gets possessed.

The Inhuman on the planet see and experience his inner thoughts.

Immediately leaves Ward's body and exiles himself back to the planet.

"Shit is fucked up, man."

Ward gonna show up in the season 4 premiere like.....

83edcf3a4da207c8d1ac6a163f380a19.jpg

Hopefully, the alien planet will force him into some new and interesting direction. He can't remain super cool spy villain forever. That road that The Winter Soldier started them on has pretty much gone as far as it can go.

Hopefully the alien will make it back to earth, and ward will get stuck there and die. Just fighting off that inhuman could easily last a whole season and allow the show to take a new and interesting direction other than this shit grudge between Ward and Shield.

Frog-fu

Banned
Ward gets possessed.

The Inhuman on the planet see and experience his inner thoughts.

Immediately leaves Ward's body and exiles himself back to the planet.

"Shit is fucked up, man."

After the Inhuman leaves Ward's body, he develops the abilities of Taskmaster and becomes him.

Want.

Coulson and Ward get left behind when the big bad escapes, have to work together to survive.

Pretty sure that Taskmaster is 'owned' by Fox. They commissioned a draft script for a film a number of years ago. The rights could have come back to Marvel, but I doubt it, as Fox seems to hang onto their Marvel characters.

That may have been when they had the Daredevil rights, since he was a frequent DD villain. Of course, he's also an Avengers villain and was a regular Deadpool ally in the mid 200s before returning to the Avengers side of Marvel.

Frog-fu

Banned
That comes from an equipment malfunction when he gets Tahiti'd.

Sweet Jebus, even better.

They already mentioned before that Ward has remarkable hand-eye coordination (and reflexes I think), and he's currently already one of the best hand to hand combatants in the MCU, so with a slight tweaking he could definitely become worthy of being Taskmaster.

AND because Ward has been bouncing all over the place, that can make it all the easier to sell us on him just deciding to train goons for a living and do contract killings for the highest bidder. That way Wardmaster can just pretty come and go whenever.

Pretty sure that Taskmaster is 'owned' by Fox. They commissioned a draft script for a film a number of years ago. The rights could have come back to Marvel, but I doubt it, as Fox seems to hang onto their Marvel characters.

I sure hope not, and if they did, I hope the rights expire. Quite a few of the rights Marvel signed away have expired already from what I'm told, and I don't think Taskmaster is a character Fox would've fought for.

Zomba13

I want Taskwarder/Wardmaster so much. It'd be a great way to keep him in the show because at this point, as much fun as Ward is, the whole "we have to kill him but we keep fucking it up" is getting old. TAHITI gone wrong (or right?) could be perfect. Coulson has the chance to kill Ward on the planet or whatever but realises he close to becoming just like him and decides against it. Knocks out Ward with his robofist, brings him back and decides they will just erase Grant Ward but things go wrong, Ward tries to escape during it and it's a partial success erasing most of Wards memories about who he is but leaving the conflict between Hydra and Shield and his abilities but also augmenting his brain in a way that he can instinctively perform any action if he sees it (a fight scene could happen between him and Bobbi where he copies her baton-fu or a fight against May copying her moves). He escapes but during the escape it's made clear he doesn't know who he is or why he's there.

He then spends the rest of the season trying to figure out who he is, what Shield has done to him and why while also playing both sides, doing the odd job for Hydra but also helping Shield against Inhuman stuff that happens to be going on. He grabs a shield, puts a Skull mask on to hide his identity, watches some footage of Cap and learns some funky shield-fu and goes on the hunt to find unique and powerful fighting styles to copy.

Oh and he needs this costume
latest

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

TLnsRdn.gif

Ward is at a tipping point now. I hope mid-season finale is heavily focused on him and then he's just absolute beast mode for the remainder, going out with a bang.

Frog-fu

Banned
I want Taskwarder/Wardmaster so much. It'd be a great way to keep him in the show because at this point, as much fun as Ward is, the whole "we have to kill him but we keep fucking it up" is getting old. TAHITI gone wrong (or right?) could be perfect. Coulson has the chance to kill Ward on the planet or whatever but realises he close to becoming just like him and decides against it. Knocks out Ward with his robofist, brings him back and decides they will just erase Grant Ward but things go wrong, Ward tries to escape during it and it's a partial success erasing most of Wards memories about who he is but leaving the conflict between Hydra and Shield and his abilities but also augmenting his brain in a way that he can instinctively perform any action if he sees it (a fight scene could happen between him and Bobbi where he copies her baton-fu or a fight against May copying her moves). He escapes but during the escape it's made clear he doesn't know who he is or why he's there.

He then spends the rest of the season trying to figure out who he is, what Shield has done to him and why while also playing both sides, doing the odd job for Hydra but also helping Shield against Inhuman stuff that happens to be going on. He grabs a shield, puts a Skull mask on to hide his identity, watches some footage of Cap and learns some funky shield-fu and goes on the hunt to find unique and powerful fighting styles to copy.

Oh and he needs this costume
latest

I want all of this, but without Wardmaster ever getting his memories back. I'd like for him to uncover information but never actually regain his original identity. In a way, that will kill of Grant Ward, but we'll get to keep Brett Dalton.

Macka

There's nowhere else for Ward to go at this point. Nothing else for him to do. Do we want him to just hang around and kill more side characters, while S.H.I.E.L.D. continues along the path of being incapable or unwilling to neutralize him? Ward's storyline is tired, man.

He needs to die, or become a new character somehow.

shingi70

Banned
Anyone else hoping that Deathlok makes the Secert Warriors cut? Wonder what the tie into Civil War be with only a couple episoides left when it comes out.

Zomba13

There's nowhere else for Ward to go at this point. Nothing else for him to do. Do we want him to just hang around and kill more side characters, while S.H.I.E.L.D. continues along the path of being incapable or unwilling to neutralize him? Ward's storyline is tired, man.

He needs to die, or become a new character somehow.

Exactly. He either dies which would be a terrible shame because Dalton is amazing or Grant Ward "dies" and we get Taskmaster.

Or what is more likely to happen he will become possessed by big bad and be big bad for the next half of the season and return to normal in the season finale and somehow be redeemed or something.

Exactly. He either dies which would be a terrible shame because Dalton is amazing or Grant Ward "dies" and we get Taskmaster.

Or what is more likely to happen he will become possessed by big bad and be big bad for the next half of the season and return to normal in the season finale and somehow be redeemed or something.

That's why I think it's so stupid what they've done to him. They wrote him into a corner. He was a good character, even after he became bad in season 2. And in season 3 he got so comically evil that there's literally nothing else they can do with him. And his transition is not even believable. Whether he's redeemed or not as you suggest, Shield can't let him live if they have the opportunity to take him out, and this grudge also can't just keep going on perpetually for the rest of show's lifetime. They're supposed to be fighting inhumans and shit, if I want to watch a show about drama between humans I'll watch something else.

There was plenty of other stuff they could have done with him without writing him into this kind of corner but at this point they need to take his story somewhere else, because it's boring. They went too far too fast with him.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
There's no way we can get another half season of Ward without a major shift in the character, or his death. No matter how much I enjoy these characters, I do believe that it's time to solve some shit. As of now that goes for Ward and FitzSimmons.

In any case, from the way Jed Whedon and DJ Doyle spoke about the FitzSimmons relationship in the podcast it's clear that they're aware that you can't string things along ad eternum. Plus, the show hasn't shied away from finishing plots in a timely manner, which is also a good thing. It is a more complicated situation with Ward specifically, since killing him would also mean losing Dalton, but we'll see how things play out next week.

Johndoey

Banned
Ward is going to save Fitz and Coulson get some jacked alien/Inhuman blood in him gets powers loses memories. Easy evolution and slight redemption.

Or Coulson takes pity memory wipes him and drops him off in Cambodia or something.

Top Bottom