• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm pretty sure fucking space horses wouldn't fly on TV.

J90O4iU.jpg
Seeing Oola Udonta always reminds me of that time when Peter partied hard with Els Udonta.

ju55XwB.jpg

hjjo2e6.jpg

duckroll

I like how Fitz was like "WE HAVE TO GO RIGHT FUCKING NOW!" and Coulson is like "Okay, gimme a few minutes while I dramatically linger over a dying Ward before killing him by pressing into his chest really slowly with my robot arm, and then getting up and slowly taking the arm off before we make our escape". Roflmao.

Fuu

I like how Fitz was like "WE HAVE TO GO RIGHT FUCKING NOW!" and Coulson is like "Okay, gimme a few minutes while I dramatically linger over a dying Ward before killing him by pressing into his chest really slowly with my robot arm, and then getting up and slowly taking the arm off before we make our escape". Roflmao.
lol, now I'm imagining a version of the scene with Coulson removing the hand and having it remotely pressing Ward's chest by itself while he walks away.

Why do people hate Lincoln/Daisy? ...I mean..maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem ridiculous. Girl finds acceptance and compassion in a big way from a guy who also happens to be nice...returns favor and now they both have mutual gratitude. Throw in the weirdness of everything and it probably feels like the only person who could understand them is the other person.

Theyre in love because the writers tell us they are. People see it as phony.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's like they wanted to pretend that there was the tension that came with a time limit, but also have a final dramatic moment between these two characters.

Which isn't final anyway because I'm sure New Ward will fight Coulson and Coulson will get his "But I killed you" moment.

Coulsen is no better than Hydra now that he executed Ward because of his revenge.
Speaking of stupid stuff, they go to the trouble of tying up Hydra soldiers as they knock them out, only to blow them all the fuck up at the very end.

My girlfriend was like "fucking kill him already!" at the TV.

It was hilarious.

Coulson wanted to enjoy it like a fine wine.

duckroll

Out of all the stupid shit in the episode, Simmons freeing Lash without even a second thought has to be THE dumbest one. There was really zero reason for it other than the fact that the script needed a lazy way to open the character up for future stories again with minimal screen time this week.

I would of died laughing if Coulson missed the portal because of that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Out of all the stupid shit in the episode, Simmons freeing Lash without even a second thought has to be THE dumbest one. There was really zero reason for it other than the fact that the script needed a lazy way to open the character up for future stories again with minimal screen time this week.
But now you can have a season full of secrets and betrayals, because drama is always exciting. Fitz will take 10 episodes to talk about Will to Simmons, Coulson will pretend nothing happened with Ward until New Ward uses Coulson's hand to hack into SHIELD and reveals himself, and Simmons can hide her shame from May. It just writes itself.

jmood88

She had no idea that Shield was there to save her and he was the one person who could ensure that she got out alive. It wasn't the best decision but she was desperate.

Did they really just stumble over Will's bunker? Tgat was super convenient.

I am assuming Fitz knew where it was based on data that Simmons gave him.

She had no idea that Shield was there to save her and he was the one person who could ensure that she got out alive. It wasn't the best decision but she was desperate.

Yup. It was a bad call but I can understand the logic behind it at the time. It was a bit selfish but she wanted to survive and Lash was her best shot at that.

Fuu

Yeah, I didn't have a problem with it. People were coming with guns, she didn't know SHIELD was there and she was desperate.

And I mean, Andrew/Lash was already in Hydra's possession and without him she would either be killed or become a prisoner again. It's not like just leaving him there was a great idea at that moment either.

I think it was supposed to be a big, dramatic, weighty, desperate decision on her part, but the scene and its setup were just too short to sell the notion that this was a last resort and she knew the possible consequences. Ditto for her reaction to finding out Lash killed all the Inhumans, which gets one shot and is promptly ignored for the rest of the episode.

I think it was supposed to be a big, dramatic, weighty, desperate decision on her part, but the scene and its setup were just too short to sell it. Ditto for her reaction to finding out Lash killed all the Inhumans, which gets one shot and is promptly ignored for the rest of the episode.

Yeah, I think her reaction should have had more weight to it. Maybe they will deal with it when they come back. I can imagine Lincoln being pissed.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So they kill the most enjoyable male character on the show.

Thanks Joss.

No wonder your shows gets cancelled.

I just sent a DM to Brett on Twitter explaining my disappointment with this winter finale.

I had hoped they went another direction.

I don't think he had any input in the writers room.

You don't have a Livejournal account, perchance, do you?...

But now you can have a season full of secrets and betrayals, because drama is always exciting. Fitz will take 10 episodes to talk about Will to Simmons, Coulson will pretend nothing happened with Ward until New Ward uses Coulson's hand to hack into SHIELD and reveals himself, and Simmons can hide her shame from May. It just writes itself.

also Lincoln, since she got his inhuman buddies killed

and that means Daisy will be pissed at her, too, because she's contractually obligated to be in a relationship with Lincoln

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm telling you guys, Season of Secrets would make for the perfect tagline, with Simmons hiding her culpability from the team only for it to come out whenever Lash shows up again. lol

Luigi87

I'm not being killed off the show -- it was still sad because that version of Grant Ward is dead, and I had really gotten attached to it!

That quote is very understandable. Some of you may have hated Ward, but you can't deny that it was obvious that Brett was really having fun with the role.

Lmao, no. Ward deserved to die long before that.

That's right, killing an extremely guilty and perpetually dangerous person is just as bad as killing an innocent (or hundreds or thousands of innocents) for some reason! Such lofty moral reasoning.

Yes it does. There´s always this morale barrier that the good guys should never cross. Coulsen killed Ward in cold blood thus making him a cold blooded murderer and no better than Hydra. Regardless of how many people Ward killed, Coulsen is exactly the same. Ward had a motivation to kill so does Coulsen. Killing one of a hundred. This kind of execution is a no go to the good guys.

That quote is very understandable. Some of you may have hated Ward, but you can't deny that it was obvious that Brett was really having fun with the role.

Can't blame him. Such a great villain. It's too bad that the version he was playing is gone but they killed him before he became boring. It was the right time.

Fuu

I think it was supposed to be a big, dramatic, weighty, desperate decision on her part, but the scene and its setup were just too short to sell it. Ditto for her reaction to finding out Lash killed all the Inhumans, which gets one shot and is promptly ignored for the rest of the episode.
There were indeed some missteps in the direction of this one. It's also pretty weak how basically all chances for an action piece in the castle happened offscreen: Lash killing the Hydra soldiers, Bobbi and Hunter fighting Hydra, May's team infiltrating the area, Lincoln disabling the electric grid, Joey reinforcing the entrance to the portal area, etc.

None of these really need to be shown, but they ultimately added up to me. It felt a bit off to have a midseason finale without a single cool action scene (Joey stopping the bullets was ok), and the action going on at the alien planet was mostly people pushing each other down slopes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yes it does. There´s always this morale barrier that the good guys should never cross. Coulsen killed Ward in cold blood thus making him a cold blooded murderer and no better than Hydra. Regardless of how many people Ward killed, Coulsen is exactly the same. Ward had a motivation to kill so does Coulsen. Killing one of a hundred. This kind of execution is a no go to the good guys.
Except in the movies where all the villains are murdered by Stark and Captain America and Fury. lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

If anything, it was a mercy killing so he wouldn't be stuck on a planet with multiple gunshot wounds waiting for a slow death to take over. Instead, Coulson (thought he) ended him quickly.

There were indeed some missteps in the direction of this one. It's also pretty weak how basically all chances for an action piece in the castle happened offscreen: Lash killing the Hydra soldiers, Bobbi and Hunter fighting Hydra, May's team infiltrating the area, Lincoln disabling the electric grid, Joey reinforcing the entrance to the portal area, etc.

None of these really need to be shown, but they ultimately added up to me. It felt a bit off to have a midseason finale without a single cool action scene (Joey stopping the bullets was ok), and the action going on at the alien planet was mostly people pushing each other down slopes.

I noticed that, too. It's like the fight scene coordinator took that week off, so the crew had to make do without him.

I went nuts during this scene, that was some anime timewarp shit. Not only does he take that long, afterwards he walks very slowly towards the portal as if he has hours when he's still like 100 feet away. Also, in hindsight, leaving his hand there made no sense whatsoever, especially since they had no time. "no but i killed him with my hand so i leave my hand with him cuz u kno drama and stuff"

Also what does this Inhuman thing even do? If it possesses people and has no super powers to speak of I am not impressed, like some useless version of Proteus.

How do you feel about the death penalty?

I'm so annoyed.

We all knew it was leading up to Grant either dying or being stranded on the planet, they go through protracted death sequence only for it to have no meaning.

I knew exactly what was going to happen when the parasite came out of the burned body.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'm so annoyed.

We all knew it was leading up to Grant either dying or being stranded on the planet, they go through protracted death sequence only for it to have no meaning.

I knew exactly what was going to happen when the parasite came out of the burned body.

It meant plenty. Ward is dead. Just because there's some monster shuffling around in his skin doesn't negate that.

Yeah, this is exactly why I thought this episode felt so underwhelmingly cheap, even by the standards of a show that's seldom been flattered by a visual comparison to the Arrowverse or the Netflix shows. I can't think of a single previous episode where so many of the most potentially visually interesting and exciting scenes took place entirely or mostly off-camera.

It meant plenty. Ward is dead. Just because there's some monster shuffling around in his skin doesn't negate that.

In terms of the character yes but why go through this whole sequence of events if you are just going to have the same guy show up at the end after thinking he is gone.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Death Will remembered a bunch of stuff from his "previous" life so it's safe to assume Death Ward will also retain some of his Wardyness

In terms of the character yes but why go through this whole sequence of events if you are just going to have the same guy show up at the end after thinking he is gone.

I think people are acting like it's the season finale and place too much importance on mid-season finales. For all we know this whole plot development will be wrapped up by next spring and Ward/Beast Ward will be dead for good.

I think people are acting like it's the season finale and place too much importance on mid-season finales. For all we know this whole plot development will be wrapped up by next spring and Ward/Beast Ward will be dead for good.

It didn't help with the midseason finale being hyped up like "THINGS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

CVpGmiqW4AAtJNW.jpg

Grant was due a death, it meant nothing to have him murdered and then back again within minutes.

How were Mack and Daisy supposed to escape then?

"We can use the containment module."
"But Lash is inside."
"Oh yeah... maybe if we asked nicely?"

Cuburt

They really screwed up by specifically calling out that the portal has only one minute until it closes (don't remember what it was in other episodes).and then cramming in so much stuff that still had to happen, including Zombie Ward going through the portal after Coulson and Fitz got through and the team left the area.

Ithil

Why do people hate Lincoln/Daisy? ...I mean..maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem ridiculous. Girl finds acceptance and compassion in a big way from a guy who also happens to be nice...returns favor and now they both have mutual gratitude. Throw in the weirdness of everything and it probably feels like the only person who could understand them is the other person.

They've barely even interacted.

All the "setting up a romance" scenes seem to be happening between Daisy and Mac, not Lincoln. But then randomly there they are making out for some reason?

It feels per-functionary at best.

Top Bottom