• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
VTxibHd.png

lmao

0MHh1pi.png

JRmC8dv.jpg

https://twitter.com/Lil_Henstridge/status/674410382266503168

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So is Fitz gonna tell Simmons what happened to Will?
Or will he just be like
"shit happened"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"it was pretty nuts, let's grab drinks and i'll tell you all about it"

Simmons is going to spend the rest of the season trying to get over it while Fitz sheepishly gives her space and then during the season finale they may or may not have sex while forgetting to disable the shield security camera in the room and the rest of the cast will watch on a big monitor.

TimmiT

Okay so hold on a sec

The reason why Will had such a messed up leg was cause he was actually the creature who had been there for like an incredibly really long time and the flesh on his leg had rotted away. Except Will's body was only recently taken over by the creature so that makes no fucking sense unless the creature makes the flesh of their host rot kinda fast?

Also why the fuck did Coulson kill Ward so slowly while they were in a hurry and also why did he leave his hand with Ward's corpse?

Okay so hold on a sec

The reason why Will had such a messed up leg was cause he was actually the creature who had been there for like an incredibly really long time and the flesh on his leg had rotted away. Except Will's body was only recently taken over by the creature so that makes no fucking sense unless the creature makes the flesh of their host rot kinda fast?

Also why the fuck did Coulson kill Ward so slowly while they were in a hurry and also why did he leave his hand with Ward's corpse?

I don't know if it's that recent; we don't have a good grasp on the amount of time that has passed since Simmons was pulled out of the first portal, but it's clearly enough that she's been able to reacclimate. That's definitely enough time for all the flesh to fall off his leg assuming the parasite can't heal a dead body.

Also, dramatic license is a thing, I guess. I took the leaving of the hand to symbolize that Coulson didn't really want to hang on to what was effectively the murder weapon because at his core he wasn't really comfortable with what he did. And the plot probably demanded it in some way.

Korigama

When Zombie-Ward finally dies we'll discover Ward uploaded his brain to a computer, when the computer is finally destroyed we'll find out it copied itself into a robot-Ward, when this is destroyed we find out Ward cloned himself before the portal, and the clone is finally ready.

Ward went out like a punk.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Age of Dalton?

As for my reasoning for not liking Lincoln x Daisy...
They have zero chemistry together. And the show has barely bothered to set up their relationship so on the rare occasion a romantic scene is shown, it feels random and unearned.

(It doesn't help that Lincoln has basically no personality. Really, this is a great deal for Luke Mitchell, who gets the money of a series regular but barely has to work for it.)
This. All of this.

diaspora

Okay so hold on a sec

Will's leg was messed up because he was essentially a walking corpse.

I guess the hand will be reverse-engineered by Hydra, and they will use the technology to restore Wards body so that they can safely remove the alien and make him even more powerful. #teamward

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I kind of love how shit keeps getting more ridiculous on AoS and it will still never have any serious crossover impact with the MCU. Like, we got portals to other planets, hydra cells collecting dozens of super-powered humans (not to mention the terrigen outbreak in general) and now an actual body-snatching ancient Hydra god thing, but the next major MCU movie is going to be about how Steve and Tony don't agree about some new laws.

It feels like they are going to get to a point where they have to say "fuck it, AOS is in an alternate universe."

I kind of love how shit keeps getting more ridiculous on AoS and it will still never have any serious crossover impact with the MCU. Like, we got portals to other planets, hydra cells collecting dozens of super-powered humans (not to mention the terrigen outbreak in general) and now an actual body-snatching ancient Hydra god thing, but the next major MCU movie is going to be about how Steve and Tony don't agree about some new laws.

It feels like they are going to get to a point where they have to say "fuck it, AOS is in an alternate universe."

It would make total sense for the fish-oil Inhumans to at least be mentioned as part of the context for the Sokovia Accords, but I don't expect even that, frankly.

Fathead

It would make total sense for the fish-oil Inhumans to at least be mentioned as part of the context for the Sokovia Accords, but I don't expect even that, frankly.

A throw away line about how they even tried a task force to contained powered people and it didn't work, hence the accords.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

You are right and that makes me sad.

I wouldn't think she'd be into necrophilia, but even a shambling corpse has more personality than Lincoln.

dW4xZM3.gif

You make a good point but if that happened the Age of Ultron references and the like don't make any sense. It's like this series is in the same universe as the Avengers but the Avengers aren't in the same universe as AoS.

jmood88

It's not like these new laws are just increasing the speed limit, they have direct hooks to what the government has been doing in Agents of Shield all season long.

It's not like these new laws are just increasing the speed limit, they have direct hooks to what the government has been doing in Agents of Shield all season long.

Unless it's brought up in the film, they really don't. Merely covering similar thematic territory doesn't constitute a concrete tie-in.

jmood88

Unless it's brought up in the film, they really don't. Merely covering similar thematic territory doesn't constitute a concrete tie-in.
And it doesn't need to have a "this happened on Agents of Shield" sign to constitute a tie-in. Despite you being so wrong about them introducing Inhumans on the show, you're still weirdly-focused on downplaying any connections between the show and the MCU.

Raistlin

I would assume the events of Civil War will be setting up the Mutant Inhuman Registration Act which will get touched on more and more ... culminating in the Inhumans movie.

Civil War is the start of Phase 3 ... Inhumans is the end.

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Phase_Three

The real question is will Agents of SHIELD or a spinoff (Secret Warriors?) actually be airing when that movie hits? Certainly we'll have the chance for some crossovers early in Phase 3, but who knows where the TV arm will be in 2019.

And it doesn't need to have a "this happened on Agents of Shield" sign to constitute a tie-in. Despite you being so wrong about them introducing Inhumans on the show, you're still weirdly-focused on downplaying any connections between the show and the MCU.

This isn't that complicated.

If the show explains that the Accords have something to do with the Inhumans, but this isn't mentioned at all in the film, that's just the show tying into the film, not the reverse. Much like the helicarrier last year. The films will probably reference TV stuff eventually, but the TV->film MCU continuity barrier has yet to be broken, and I'd be wary of assuming that Civil War is the film that will change that.

And yeah, I was wrong about Inhumans being introduced on the show. I have yet to be wrong about my prediction that the TV series will never be relevant to the films in any significant narrative sense; if the 2019 Inhumans film acknowledges SHIELD via more than a cursory mention or brief cameo, I'll be very surprised.

jmood88

This isn't that complicated.

If the show explains that the Accords have something to do with the Inhumans, but this isn't mentioned at all in the film, that's just the show tying into the film, not the reverse. Much like the helicarrier last year. The films will probably reference TV stuff eventually, but the TV->film MCU continuity barrier has yet to be broken, and I'd be wary of assuming that Civil War is the film that will change that.
It doesn't even really matter what direction the references go, the point is that they've been building towards the government being skeptical of people with powers and trying out various methods to ensure that they can track and/or control them. Whatever is happening in Shield isn't in conflict with the movies and certainly doesn't suggest that they are in separate universes, as the poster I was responding to said.

And yeah, I was wrong about Inhumans being introduced on the show. I have yet to be wrong about my prediction that the TV series will never be relevant to the films in any significant narrative sense; if the 2019 Inhumans film acknowledges SHIELD via more than a cursory mention or brief cameo, I'll be very surprised.
Now you're just moving the goal posts. You were very adamant that Inhumans wouldn't even be said on the show, so much so that you attacked people in other Marvel threads if they brought up the possibility.

Somnia

Okay so hold on a sec

I took it that his leg got messed up fighting the creature near the end when Simmons got away. The creature said he died to him while protecting Simmons. After he died the creature took over his body, but the leg got messed up when they fought originally... he just can't heal said body maybe?

diaspora

I took it that his leg got messed up fighting the creature near the end when Simmons got away. The creature said he died to him while protecting Simmons. After he died the creature took over his body, but the leg got messed up when they fought originally... he just can't heal said body maybe?

Will's body was a corpse, how was it going to heal?

Aiii

So not worth it
You make a good point but if that happened the Age of Ultron references and the like don't make any sense. It's like this series is in the same universe as the Avengers but the Avengers aren't in the same universe as AoS.

Could be a near-clone of our Earth. The multiverse is vast.

-edit: Bear McCreary deserves a goddamn medal for his work on the music during the extraction and return scene from the castle. Perfect.

V_Arnold

No matter how I like Skye's character, I am very happy that she is not the focus anymore. This truly is a proper team show, not a character show.

It doesn't even really matter what direction the references go, the point is that they've been building towards the government being skeptical of people with powers and trying out various methods to ensure that they can track and/or control them. Whatever is happening in Shield isn't in conflict with the movies and certainly doesn't suggest that they are in separate universes, as the poster I was responding to said.

Now you're just moving the goal posts. You were very adamant that Inhumans wouldn't even be said on the show, so much so that you attacked people in other Marvel threads if they brought up the possibility.

You're taking "separate universes" too literally. No one is suggesting that SHIELD is literally non-canon to the films, just that it might as well be until and unless it gets referenced on the big screen.

And I think you have an odd definition of "attacked," but okay. Anyway, I was wrong about Inhumans because I assumed they would have to change the show's relationship with the MCU film canon. But they haven't and probably won't, so my view of what that relationship is remains unchanged.

Ithil

You're taking "separate universes" too literally. No one is suggesting that SHIELD is literally non-canon to the films, just that it might as well be until and unless it gets referenced on the big screen.

And I think you have an odd definition of "attacked," but okay. Anyway, I was wrong about Inhumans because I assumed they would have to change the show's relationship with the MCU film canon. But they haven't and probably won't, so my view of what that relationship is remains unchanged.

And I'm sure when something else happens that you didn't expect, you will spin that too.

Top Bottom