• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

You're taking "separate universes" too literally. No one is suggesting that SHIELD is literally non-canon to the films, just that it might as well be until and unless it gets referenced on the big screen.

And I think you have an odd definition of "attacked," but okay. Anyway, I was wrong about Inhumans because I assumed they would have to change the show's relationship with the MCU film canon. But they haven't and probably won't, so my view of what that relationship is remains unchanged.

It probably won't until Civil War releases. Inhuman presence has been pretty quiet until the establishment of the ATCU as a public task force as a response to the fish oil stuff. That only happened recently and now that it's been linked back to Hydra it will probably be quietly shut down.

I predict that when General Ross presents the Sokovia accords it's mentioned and probably explained away as an in house solution gone awry. An international movie version of the department will be created to replace it.

yFxWVM7.png

The original Hydra station from the Dharma Initiative.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
No, there has to be some mention of something unique to AoS for it to be a tie-in

I mean, Couslon and his team found Loki's scepter and rebuilt the helicarrier. Also Fitz built the device that Fury uses to escape his car in Winter Soldier. Ultimately it's not super important that people who watch the movie know that information but it's still stuff that happened on the show that was in the movies.

It's not much different than people on the Netflix shows mentioning the battle of New York without going into details about what that was.

Obviously more people watch the movies than watch the shows so the movies can't leave vital information for the shows to explain but the links are there for those who watch everything. The timing of how the two mediums work makes it difficult to do much closer tie-ins than they do and the shows are always going to the follow the movies much more than the opposite since the movie scripts are written years before it comes out.

Johndoey

Banned
I'd be willing to accept a vague mention of the Inhuman shit in Civil War. Even better drop a line about "that mind control stuff in NY".

And I'm sure when something else happens that you didn't expect, you will spin that too.

The only thing I'm ruling out is a character or plot point introduced in a TV series playing a significant role in a film.

I do think that if anything from TV is referenced in Civil War, it's more likely to be Netflix owing to the greater prestige factor, but we'll see.

Dysun

Great finale

It was about time for my boy Ward to go if they weren't going to pull the redeem/mindwipe. At least they get to keep Brett Dalton
win/win

Chariot

Great finale

It was about time for my boy Ward to go if they weren't going to pull the redeem/mindwipe. At least they get to keep Brett Dalton
win/win
If this one dies, they will clone him, they can get one from a parallel dimension and one from the future and the past. Also regular resurrection and actual ghost Ward.

I'd be willing to accept a vague mention of the Inhuman shit in Civil War. Even better drop a line about "that mind control stuff in NY".

Yeah, little things that that would be enough for me. Like in that last scene in Ant-Man, where that reporter was listing off heroes that had been popping up "we gotta guy that swings, we gotta guy that jumps..." just slight mentions like that would satisfy me. Offhand mentions that Inhumans and powered people have been starting to pop up everywhere.

kirblar

This essentially gives Dalton a half-season to try and line up another gig, or they can try and leave him a husk of a man at the end of it and do the Taskmaster thing. (Oh hi, skull mask that actually makes some sense in context this way)

CLEEK

Surprised by some of the negative reactions, I thought that was a sweet finale.

I'm happy with the outcome to Ward. He was a good character that was written into a corner. Reminds me of Gaius Baltar in that regards. Never really felt Ward's motivations from the tail end of S2 onwards.

Killing Ward, but getting nuWard or whoever he turns into, is the best solution.

I also realised that metal melting dude is Pablo's cousin in Narcos.

I would assume the events of Civil War will be setting up the Mutant Inhuman Registration Act which will get touched on more and more ... culminating in the Inhumans movie.

The Accord document states it's for the registration and deployment of enhanced individuals. So not specifically about Inhumans, and as far as the key events in the MCU leading to this, it hasn't involved any Inhumans.

qFMx5XNl.jpg

VAD

Goddamn Fitz is a badass and got to burn his rival, felt good man.
Simmons not giving a fuck about him. You fucking travelled accross the universe, fought against an alien god and she still doesn't want you... You just reached a new plan of existence in the friendzone.
I did not like Coulson killing Ward, I'm happy he survived his murder, let's hope Zombie Ward will be even funnier than Crazy Ward.

Sadist

Woah, Coulson killing Ward was cool. But Phil taking his time... silly man.

Hive Ward will be interesting. He will retain Ward's memories... can't wait for the Ilerriya mind games hehe.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
lol Ming-Na is too cute with her Star Wars geeking.

0bArtE3.png

This was while the last episode was airing:

FEH58rf.png

Plus, her Leia cosplaying from earlier.

OT:

CVwCkdMUAAAUX0l.jpg

Chase17

So it is clearly expressed to Will/Inhuman that Ward and his goons are with hydra. Will then takes out hydra goons and flees with Fitz who he knows is with SHEILD(or at least that he is an enemy of hydra). Then the first thing he does after returning to earth is, presumably, to go team up with hydra. I'm a little confused.

I guess the only reason that I can think of is that he needed Fitz to find him the portal, but I was under the assumption that Wil was leading Fitz to it.

So it is clearly expressed to Will/Inhuman that Ward and his goons are with hydra. Will then takes out hydra goons and flees with Fitz who he knows is with SHEILD(or at least that he is an enemy of hydra). Then the first thing he does after returning to earth is, presumably, to go team up with hydra. I'm a little confused.

I guess the only reason that I can think of is that he needed Fitz to find him the portal, but I was under the assumption that Wil was leading Fitz to it.

Will was meant to be leading them to the creature, Fitz was leading them to the exit.

Famassu

Yes it does. There´s always this morale barrier that the good guys should never cross. Coulsen killed Ward in cold blood thus making him a cold blooded murderer and no better than Hydra. Regardless of how many people Ward killed, Coulsen is exactly the same. Ward had a motivation to kill so does Coulsen. Killing one of a hundred. This kind of execution is a no go to the good guys.
While you've got a point in that Coulson did cross a moral barrier, killing Ward doesn't make him EXACTLY the same as Ward, especially considering the circumstances (Ward did attack him so he was at first defending himself and leaving Ward there to die slowly to his wounds would've been even more inhumane).

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Coulson killing Ward here and now is not any different than him vaporizing Garrett end of season 1.
No, you see, Brett Dalton, unlike Bill Paxton is young and handsome, so obviously, no matter how many vile and/or despicable and/or selfish acts his character pulls he can be redeemed and people will cry if he's not treated as the pure woobie he obviously is and people just hate him for no reason, why are they so mean to poor Ward #TeamWard ~

No seriously, he has fans so of course it's different. Just look at that LJ post a few pages back.

Dennis

Banned
I was disappointed we didn't get to see more of or explore the Hydra structure and Ancient City on the blue planet.

Ah well, TV budget and all that.

Having had some time to think about it: this episode actually explains Will's initial treatment of Simmons a bit better. If Will knew there was a body snatching alien out there, then of course any new human that showed up could have already been taken. Capturing it would have allowed for unhindered exploration of the planet... and it certainly looks like there would have been plenty to explore.

Durden77

So in this season I feel like there have been a lot of awesome hits which are pretty self explanatory, but also some solid misses that I'll list here.

-Ward as a character and the actor that portray him are fantastic, but he long overstayed his welcome. Especially in this season. Waaayyy too many "we could kill him but we're not going to for some reason" moments. In the finale when Coulson didn't just outright shoot him in the head when he found him, I actually said outloud " Oh come on just fucking kill him." At least Coulson finally got him, but after the immense amount of shit he caused, it would've been much more satisfying if Coulson shot him immediately mid-sentence. The fact that anyone would possibly hesitate to kill him at this point is just ridiculous.

-Daisy and Lincoln's relationship is just...fucking terrible. Right from the beginning of this season, it has felt extremely forced. Their relationship in S2 seemed much more friendly then anything, and then all of a sudden they're head over heels in love. Then nothing. Then head over heels again. Then nothing. Then they kiss in the finale and then...what? It litterally just feels as though they are together purley becauze they're inhumans which is weird.

-Back to Ward, of COURSE they find a way to keep him around even after death, in a twist that could be seen from a mile away. So not only is Ward STILL FUCKING HERE (yes I know it's not technically him but still) this twist was almost embarrassing compared to previous ones like Ward's intial betrayal back in S1.

Overall I'm still definitely enjoying it though, but I feel like the second half of S1 and especially S2 were stronger overall.

To people making .gifs:

We need .gifs from this week episode.

Like Fitz shooting the flare at Will and setting him on fire.

That worm thing escaping Will's corpe.

Or everything cool that you liked.

Top Bottom