• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Jackpot

Banned
I mean, Couslon and his team found Loki's scepter and rebuilt the helicarrier. Also Fitz built the device that Fury uses to escape his car in Winter Soldier. Ultimately it's not super important that people who watch the movie know that information but it's still stuff that happened on the show that was in the movies.

That's AoS having a tie-in with Marvel films, not the other way round.

Chariot

Goddamn Fitz is a badass and got to burn his rival, felt good man.
Simmons not giving a fuck about him. You fucking travelled accross the universe, fought against an alien god and she still doesn't want you... You just reached a new plan of existence in the friendzone.
This again. You don't earn a woman's or anyone's love with friendship earned friendship loyality points. I would be very fisappointed if they would go that silly route after they established that she does not love him.

Just got to watch the latest..... holy shit...

Pretty dissappointed at the ending though, would have liked for
A) Ward to stay dead B)Lash becomes Hydra's new "death."

But... oh well.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I want Coulson's next hand to be some Inspector Gadget business, laser finger and all. Go full Stark tech up in this bitch.

aiGBIRv.gif

tumblr_mnt0ru2Pzy1rjxyrgo1_400.gif

tumblr_mlaqbei9oG1regpz7o1_500.gif

This again. You don't earn a woman's or anyone's love with friendship earned friendship loyality points. I would be very fisappointed if they would go that silly route after they established that she does not love him.

This. Even more Fitz's courting revolves around a sort of captor/captive relationship. He's been surrounding her nearly every day because of their job, being territorial around other guys that get close to her. Everyone around them is also pushing this relationship one sidedly because of Fitz's brain damage. The only times she's been able to get away from him is being a double agent and being trapped on an alien planet.

Even more hilarious is he suddenly learned how to fight. Guy was a complete coward through and through, and now he's the trying to fight Ward and fighting infected Will. Simmonds is actually plausible, showing that mean streak to evil Ward early on and having to fight to survive on the planet.

Why did Coulson leave his hand with ward in the first place?
Felt bad so he gave Ward a handout.

scabro

So what was the real power of this mysterious Inhuman other than ability to take over the host's body? Control the weather occasionally? If it's so powerful as HYDRA/Mallick believed it to be, how come Fitz was able to take it down with a few shots & flare?

Also, I don't like the direction they took Coulson's character in this season. Fitz's disappointed look towards Coulson in this episode is exactly how I feel as well.

Simmons did say that her and Will thought that it felt like the entity had lost its power and it had been the one who caused the desolation.

but who knows, at the end it just looked like a mind control slug

i have no idea what its supposed to be

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Uh, what show are you watching? The whole dynamic post-rescue between her and fitz was due to how conflicted and guilty she was over having similar feelings for both of them.

Vidiot

The creature sure went down easy in Will's body. I hope in the second half of the season we see why it was so sought after by Hydra. Right now it doesn't look nearly as imposing as a good number of characters already established in the MCU.

Ovek

7Member7
I think it was the tip of a tentacle instead of a slug.

dc5q36R.png

Of course its a living Hydra logo attached to his brain. Why wouldn't it be at this point :p

The creature sure went down easy in Will's body. I hope in the second half of the season we see why it was so sought after by Hydra. Right now it doesn't look nearly as imposing as a good number of characters already established in the MCU.

Maybe Wills body was to far gone to magically "heal".

Chariot

Uh, what show are you watching? The whole dynamic post-rescue between her and fitz was due to how conflicted and guilty she was over having similar feelings for both of them.
We had the confession in season 1 with a rejection despite at the apparent end of their lives. Everuthing further was her trying to be sensible and not to hurt Fitz worse by rubbing it in.

She really likes him. As a friend, as the best friend, as brother.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

They can use it to kill off half the cast if they need to do budget cuts:p

We had the confession in season 1 with a rejection despite at the apparent end of their lives. Everuthing further was her trying to be sensible and not to hurt Fitz worse by rubbing it in.

Clearly that changed over the course of season 2 though. She does have feelings for him but unfortunately hot spirited away.

And Fitz has grown so much in the way he deals with the whole situation. He was so obviously antagonistic when Tripp was first around and was unable to process his feelings and not let them make him wary and angry with Tripp. Now he's willing to help Simmons because he knows that's the right thing to do, even though he's jealous and mad as hell.

Season one Fitz might not have helped Tripp if they were in the same situation.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I don't understand how someone can think this having seen every episode this season. It's straight up untenable, given the actual content of the show. The show went out of its way to clearly and obviously show how Simmons' realized her feelings for Fitz were skewing romantic starting with them making dinner plans at the end of season 2. It's only been reinforced by the events of this season, with her monologues on the alien planet to/about Fitz and imagining their date and all the stuff that happened after.

Like, I dunno, if "shipper denial" is a thing when people are dead set against an obvious couple in a show getting together because they want one of the characters to be with someone else, but the writing of the show is pretty unambiguous here.

jph139

Clearly during Season One, they were not intended to become a couple. Since then the writers changed their minds (due to fan demand, internal shifts, or, hell, just changing their minds) and now it's one of those romantic-but-complicated things.

They're an awful couple for many, many reasons, but the "Simmons isn't interested" bit just isn't accurate anymore.

Chariot

I don't understand how someone can think this having seen every episode this season. It's straight up untenable, given the actual content of the show. The show went out of its way to clearly and obviously show how Simmons' realized her feelings for Fitz were skewing romantic starting with them making dinner plans at the end of season 2. It's only been reinforced by the events of this season, with her monologues on the alien planet to/about Fitz and imagining their date and all the stuff that happened after.

Like, I dunno, if "shipper denial" is a thing when people are dead set against an obvious couple in a show getting together because they want one of the characters to be with someone else, but the writing of the show is pretty unambiguous here.
Well, with Will dead there isn't much left I could shil either with. Maybe Coulsons hand. So it's not that. I am not a fan of women as objects, as goals to be earned and quite enjoyed that they subverted that in the season 1 finale. Like, that goes beyound media where guys think they have the right to anything but thankfulness when giving stuff to women or doing her favours.

Anoregon

Well, with Will dead there isn't much left I could shil either with. Maybe Coulsons hand. So it's not that. I am not a fan of women as objects, as goals to be earned and quite enjoyed that they subverted that in the season 1 finale. Like, that goes beyound media where guys think they have the right to anything but thankfulness when giving stuff to women or doing her favours.

So those are the only two options? Either a woman has romantic feelings for a dude immediately or she never does, otherwise it's some kind of illegitimate "he earned her love by being a swell guy" thing? I kind of hate how the whole "friendzone" nonsense has sort of poisoned the discussion, because it makes people inherently dismiss the idea that people's feeling do, you know, change. Romantic relationships do sprout out of friendships in real life, and it's not because of some simple trite "he's such a nice guy!" nonsense. People change and grow and sometimes people who didn't have those sorts of feelings for each other develop them down the line. I feel like some people will NEVER be happy with seeing that happen in fiction due to how prevalent the whole friendzone (and friendzone backlash) has become, and that's a shame because it can be compelling drama if it's not immediately dismissed by the current zeitgeist.

Fuu

I think a big part of what makes people get iffy about the prospect of FitzSimmons in a loving relationship is that the actors don't have that type of chemistry with each other. Jed Whedon and DJ Doyle even mentioned that when their kiss scene was going to be filmed both De Caestecker and Henstridge were all "lol this is weird, it's like kissing your sibling".

The same goes for Daisy and Lincoln to an extent, and the opposite is the reason why Coulson and Rosalind were embraced super quickly, with people constantly saying "get a room" in every scene they appeared together basically from the start.

Unfortunately there's not much that can be done from a writing perspective when the actors just don't have that kind of vibe, even if it's made clear that the characters have feelings for each other.

Anoregon

I dunno, I agree that fitz and simmons don't have great chemistry, but it's really not that bad and they are both good enough actors that I can get over it. Daisy and Lincoln is just lol.

Fuu

I dunno, I agree that fitz and simmons don't have great chemistry, but it's really not that bad and they are both good enough actors that I can get over it. Daisy and Lincoln is just lol.
Yeah, I'm not against the relationship growing that way between them either and the fact that they are two of the best actors in the show definitely helps. I do think that it's past time it gets "resolved" one way or another though, we'll see where it goes in the next half of the season.

They're probably setting up lincoln's death at this point, probably at the hands of lash, and then she'll go rogue

Khaz

I'm still on the idea that both Fitz and Simmons will come to the realisation that although they clearly feel unconditional love, physical intimacy is still awkward as hell and finally admit that their feelings are misinterpreted family / siblings love.

Daisy was good in that last scene, I think our disbelief comes down to the character (actor?) of Lincoln.

Anoregon

I'm still on the idea that both Fitz and Simmons will come to the realisation that although they clearly feel unconditional love, physical intimacy is still awkward as hell and finally admit that their feelings are misinterpreted family / siblings love.

Eh, that would kind of feel like a cop-out to me, like they just backpedaled on their current direction due to the backlash of people who aren't happy with the idea of the characters hooking up.

Daisy was good in that last scene, I think our disbelief comes down to the character (actor?) of Lincoln.

I think it's less of an issue of him being a bad actor, and just that their relationship in general really hasn't developed/panned-out in a terribly convincing, earned way. That would fall more on the writing/direction, I guess.

I got my bets on Quake killing Lincoln by accident.

As much as I'd love that, we'd have to suffer through an awful arc after it that basically goes like this:

"My powers are dangerous I will never use them again"
"My friends are in danger I have to use my powers"
"I guess I will use my powers again"

And we already went through that once.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Even more hilarious is he suddenly learned how to fight. Guy was a complete coward through and through, and now he's the trying to fight Ward and fighting infected Will. Simmonds is actually plausible, showing that mean streak to evil Ward early on and having to fight to survive on the planet.

He probably learned this from over the summer when he was trekking the globe researching how to get Simmons back. Remember in the first episode of this season when he was all Secret Agent Fitz mode?

Anoregon

Also, while I have no issue with the Bobbi/Hunter relationship, I do think it would be pretty hilarious and awesome of Bobbi and Fitz became the new Shield power couple.

Top Bottom