• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

After all the speedsters we've seen on Flash, MCU movies, and X-Men DOFP, I'm kind of dying to see how they produced the effect for Yo-Yo. The AoS FX team is really good, so I'm fairly excited.

*Stands in place*

*pops out of frame with CG effect*

*pops back into frame with CG effect, this time holding something/someone*

*resumes standing in place*

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/agent...lain-that-grant-ward-becomes-revealed-a131277

Supposedly, Elizabeth Henstridge revealed the identity of what Ward will become in S3:

This weekend, I had the great pleasure of attending Wizard World Portland. While the guest list included such popular Comic Book TV actors such as William Shatner, John Barrowman, and Kristen Rytten ...the most interesting news came from Agent's of Shield's Elizabeth Henstridge, who plays Agent Gemma Simmons. When asked what actor she loves that plays characters she hates, she had this to say:

"Watching him [Dalton] play
Hive
is interesting.
He has the memories of the people he has killed.

So Ward becomes this guy?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Nice that they're going with that character, some of us predicted that would be the case.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/agent...lain-that-grant-ward-becomes-revealed-a131277

Supposedly, Elizabeth Henstridge revealed the identity of what Ward will become in S3:

So Ward becomes this guy?

I'm further inclined to believe the parasite is not an inhuman. It simply took on an inhuman host. I wouldn't be surprised if it took on the powers of each of its host making it appear godlike the even if it's actual power set is limited to those it chose to possess.

Ovek

7Member7
Let's be real. They'll remove the Hive from his body somehow, and it'll bring him back to life.

With that said, we're well past the point of a redemption arc lol.

Nah his redemption will be when he fights off the thing that's inside him saving... who ever on the team and giving the rest of them enough time to kill it with whatever story mcguffin they have cooked up and by extension kill him as well. You might even get a witty quib about Carlson killing him again.

This would of course suck balls and I hope it isn't anything like that.

Mariolee

Nah his redemption will be when he fights off the thing that's inside him saving... who ever on the team and giving the rest of them enough time to kill it with whatever story mcguffin they have cooked up and by extension kill him as well. You might even get a witty quib about Carlson killing him again.

This would of course suck balls and I hope it isn't anything like that.

Carlson lmao

I can't help but imagine he's like Coulson's dorky clumsy cousin or something.

boooooooo

office-karen-shrug.gif

Show/She's boring as hell, imo. Not a fan in the slightest..

Let's be real. They'll remove the Hive from his body somehow, and it'll bring him back to life.
Watch him be amnesiac, and Coulson redeems himself by helping this blank slate be the good Ward that could have been, without an abusive environment.

God I hope not, S1 Wholesome Ward was so fucking boring.

Pachimari

Centers on Bobbi Morse (a.k.a. Mockingbird) and Lance Hunter of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., two ex-spies and ex-spouses who are on the run with no friends, no S.H.I.E.L.D. and a long list of enemies looking to claim a bounty on their heads. Able to trust no one but each other, Bobbi and Hunter form an uneasy alliance with Dominic Fortune (Delroy Lindo), a rogue adventurer with a wealth of resources and even more adversaries, who agrees to protect them so long as they help him with his own agenda. These two heroes will help anyone in need, all while trying to uncover the conspiracy that put their own lives in jeopardy.

Official synopsis for the return episode...

https://marvel.com/news/tv/25784/ma...urn_with_new_preview_synopsis?linkId=21617953

The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. prepare to jump back into action in a new preview for the series' return above!

Plus, we've got new details on what our heroes will face when "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." returns Tuesday, March 8 at 9:00 PM ET on ABC with a new synopsis below. Read on to learn more about the Inhuman threat they face as we gear up for more action, twists, and world-saving!

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” returns for a game-changing second half of Season 3. In the aftermath of their journey to another planet, Director Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) and the rest of the team are more driven than ever to put an end to Gideon Malick (guest star Powers Boothe) and the Hydra organization. Little do they know that they are up against the deadliest threat they’ve ever faced--an extremely powerful Inhuman who was transported back from Maveth in the body of their worst enemy, Grant Ward (Brett Dalton).

No longer able to keep powered people out of the public eye, Agent Daisy Johnson (Chloe Bennet) and Agent Alphonso “Mack” Mackenzie (Henry Simmons) press forward to find more Inhumans, building a team of secret warriors whose mission is to train and protect powered people. However, the growing presence of Inhumans proves to be a polarizing issue, and the S.H.I.E.L.D. team must face conflicting public opinions and defend their team from groups who have a more extreme ideology.

The divide between those who want to protect Inhumans and those who seek to destroy them is constantly widening, and Hydra, now strengthened by Grant Ward, looms once again. However, Ward is no longer the same villainous traitor that they once knew, and the team faces an all-new enemy, whose motivations, goals, and strengths are unclear. Uncertain about who (or what) they are facing, the stakes for S.H.I.E.L.D. and their assembled group of Secret Warriors are higher than ever, bringing some members of the team closer together and driving others apart. Will S.H.I.E.L.D. be able to stop one of the most powerful Inhumans to walk the Earth?

New faces, both friend and foe, will join the series, including Inhumans with incredible powers, such as Elena “YoYo” Rodriguez (Natalia Cordova-Buckley), a character inspired by Marvel Comics who can move with super speed. Familiar characters will also return, such as Joey Gutierrez (Juan Pablo Raba), President Ellis (William Sadler) and Carl Creel (Brian Patrick Wade).

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Agent Lance Hunter, Adrianne Palicki as Agent Bobbi Morse, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie and Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” was co-created by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, who also serve as executive producers along with Jeffrey Bell and Jeph Loeb.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I like the little hints and nods between the two shows, with the first being that I think Matt and Daisy went to the same orphanage. Really helps things feel tied together like they supposedly are.

Also don't forget Absorbing Man fought Matt's father in the ring.

kurahador

Meh...they could do better than just easter egg kinds of references. This is one of my biggest issue with both DC and MCU tv shows --- one had too much crossovers and another has little to no crossovers.

I do however like the cameos in Jessica Jones.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm going to to enjoy the utter lack of any mention of inhumans during Civil War even though thematically it's directly linked to what is going on with this show.

GET IT TOGETHER, FIEG AND LOEB.

Jackpot

Banned
Meh...they could do better than just easter egg kinds of references. This is one of my biggest issue with both DC and MCU tv shows --- one had too much crossovers and another has little to no crossovers.

I do however like the cameos in Jessica Jones.

what cameos?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
in the episode before Civil War hits theaters:

"There's a treaty being drawn up ... officially, it's just supposed to contain the Avengers, but behind closed doors, we're hearing that it's really to control inhumans. But the U.S. government still doesn't want to acknowledge inhumans' presence and cause a worldwide panic, so they'll never say that publicly."

even though it would make no sense at that point for the public at large not to be aware of inhumans' presence, particularly after lines in Jessica Jones about her being "one of them," I know, I know. it will be stupid.

in the episode before Civil War hits theaters:

"There's a treaty being drawn up ... officially, it's just supposed to contain the Avengers, but behind closed doors, we're hearing that it's really to control inhumans. But the U.S. government still doesn't want to acknowledge inhumans' presence and cause a worldwide panic, so they'll never say that publicly."

even though it would make no sense at that point for the public at large not to be aware of inhumans' presence, particularly after lines in Jessica Jones about her being "one of them," I know, I know. it will be stupid.

I think "one of them" works both ways. She could be referring to Inhumans or to Avengers. The whole thing is a bit silly though. They need to work Inhumans into the films sooner or later.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I think that Civil War can kind of get away with only using "enhanced people" or "gifted", because usage of the term Inhumans seems to still be restricted to certain groups (S.H.I.E.L.D., the ATCU and Inhumans themselves). Ideally we'd at least have Ross throwing a line mentioning Inhumans though.

However, I don't think that any pussyfooting around governmental control of enhanced people would make much sense at this point, even if they don't outright use "Inhumans" when talking about the outbreak. It's just that the origin of the powers probably won't even matter in the bigger picture, just the fact that there are super-powered people showing up everywhere. The synopsis posted earlier mentions that S.H.I.E.L.D. is "no longer able to keep powered people out of the public eye" and that "the S.H.I.E.L.D. team must face conflicting public opinions and defend their team from groups who have a more extreme ideology."

And in AoS we already had the president of the United States doing a nationwide announcement a task force that was created to specifically "neutralize alien treats", and the media was very much aware of a possible alien contagion.

Matthew Ellis: By executive order, I have created a special task force to neutralize these alien threats on our soil. The advanced threat containment unit, or ATCU, will be given full license to act with whatever authority is necessary. The laws of nature have changed. And until the laws of man change to reflect that, we must do what we feel is right.

Reporter: Mr. president! One question! Quick question!

Reporter: Mr. president, how do you respond to reports that the recent incidents are, in fact, due to the spread of an alien contagion?

Matthew Ellis: These are rumors. They are not true. They are fabrications meant to boost ratings and cause hysteria. Any and all possibilities are being taken very seriously by the ATCU.

Reporter: But if this is an outbreak, shouldn't the public be made aware?

Matthew Ellis: I think we should be careful, the words we start throwing around. The last thing we need is panic in the streets. Any threat will be eliminated, I can assure you.

Reporter: People have a right to know. Are the infected among us?

Matthew Ellis: Thank you. That'll be all for today.​

The show will definitely escalate the idea of the public being fully aware of humans gaining powers out of the blue and of groups wanting to either control or eliminate them. But if the term "Inhumans" will also go mainstream, along with the alien origin of their powers, that remains to be seen.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I think "one of them" works both ways. She could be referring to Inhumans or to Avengers. The whole thing is a bit silly though. They need to work Inhumans into the films sooner or later.

Actually, now that I think about it, Jessica Jones season one takes place during Agents of SHIELD season two before Age of Ultron happens, so Coulson's SHIELD has barely met inhumans at that point. The woman must have been referring to the Avengers with that line about Jessica.

Special C

I'm pretty cinfused about the Chronology of the Netflix series. All the MCU films except Captain America have been in chronological order so far right? AoS has always followed the movies in real time, but when does daredevil start? After Avengers but before Winter soldier?

jph139

I'm pretty cinfused about the Chronology of the Netflix series. All the MCU films except Captain America have been in chronological order so far right? AoS has always followed the movies in real time, but when does daredevil start? After Avengers but before Winter soldier?

There's no real answer as far as I know, but my gut feeling is that you can essentially place the Netflix series by when they were filmed. Daredevil S1 is Summer-Fall 2014, Jessica Jones is Winter-Spring 2015, Daredevil S2 will be Summer-Fall 2015, Luke Cage will be Fall-Winter 2015/16.

It lines up with the weather, the character arcs, and the timeline of events in the MCU. Until we get some sort of major reference either way, I think that's the way to go.

Famassu

Some of the highest ranking people in the world have been shown to be aware of Inhumans/enhanced people in Agents of SHIELD. Would be weird if they didn't mention Inhhumans/enhanced people at all in Civil War. If anything, I'd imagine what is happening in AoS S3 is one of the things that leads to things escalating into the clusterfuck of a situation that is Civil War, even if Inhumans themselves aren't a big part of the movie and even if it is something in the movie itself that pushes it beyond the breaking point. The policies they start to push more heavily in CW don't seem like something they drafted overnight, but is probably something that has been going on behind the scenes for a while, probably due to Inhumans popping out everywhere & causing destruction/panic (as well as some of these super"heroes" causing plenty of destruction on their own as well).

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
There's no real answer as far as I know, but my gut feeling is that you can essentially place the Netflix series by when they were filmed. Daredevil S1 is Summer-Fall 2014, Jessica Jones is Winter-Spring 2015, Daredevil S2 will be Summer-Fall 2015, Luke Cage will be Fall-Winter 2015/16.

It lines up with the weather, the character arcs, and the timeline of events in the MCU. Until we get some sort of major reference either way, I think that's the way to go.

This has basically been correct so far with the two Netflix seasons we've gotten. There have been some references connotating when they happen in the timeline, too. Here's the MCU timeline sorted by the dates each thing supposedly happen:

1941 through 1945 — Captain America: TFA
1946 — Agent Carter Season 1
1947 — Agent Carter Season 2
May through October 2010 — Iron Man*
Late April through mid-May 2011 — Iron Man 2, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer, Thor, Incredible Hulk, The Consultant
May 2012 — The Avengers, Item 47
December 2012 — Iron Man 3
February 2013 — All Hail the King
September 2013 — Agents of SHIELD Season 1 begins, Thor: TDW
October 2013 — Captain America: TWS
November 2013 — Agents of SHIELD Season 1 ends
Late May through June 2014 — Agents of SHIELD Season 2 begins through episode 5
August 2014 — Guardians of the Galaxy
August to September 2014 — Daredevil Season 1
September 2014 — Agents of SHIELD Season 2 episode 6 onward
January to March 2015 — Jessica Jones Season 1
May 2015 — Avengers: AoU, Agents of SHIELD Season 2 ends
Speculation: June 2015 — Daredevil Season 2
July to October 2015 — Ant-Man
Speculation: September 2015 — Luke Cage Season 1
October 2015 — Agents of SHIELD Season 3 begins
Speculation: April 2016 — Iron Fist Season 1
Speculation: May 2016 — Captain America: Civil War, Agents of SHIELD Season 3 ends

*Retconned by a combination of Iron Man 2, Thor and Avengers; originally set in May through October 2008.

Note that

Top Bottom