• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Khaz

I'm not a fan of how the idea of the inhumans being created by aliens was introduced in the show. I feel it's a reveal that would have been much better for the feature film:

The show introduces us to people not quite like us, even though we share most of our genetic code. They're not really humans, they don't sit on the same branch on the evolutionary tree, this is why we call them inhumans. Also the bit of DNA we don't have in common gives them supernatural powers. The could have left it at that, with the shocking twist that the evolution they experienced wasn't Darwinian but guided by aliens being found in the film.

Instead inhumans are explained as "part-alien", which is not exactly true, but also takes away the "inhuman" part of them being humans, just a different species of humans and all the implications it could have had.

Finally watched the episode. Amazing stuff!

Fitz was kick-ass, Hunter is sweet, Bobbi needs to get back to ass-kicking and Mack got the best one-liner. Didn't miss May, Ward or Simmons. Phase out Coulson/Daisy too and it is perfect.
And I hope Constance Zimmer stays around. Kinda funny I still remember her from that handful of Grey's Anatomy episodes she did. She makes a lasting impression.

The shotgun axe line? I thought that was rather fun.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I made some .JIFs.

oWlyU0z.gif

6cQ4DP9.gif

oQKLmX3.gif

YyZosxa.gif

Watching this now, hard to pay attention with that bouncy tank top on screen.

fy0Ii1l.gif

Raistlin

After watching several different sci fi and action shows over the summer, I've got to say the quality of the special FX really stood out. AoS looks really fucking good.

New theory on the monilith:

It's a portal that sends Inhumans to the front lines of the war they were created to fight. Simmons is an Inhuman.

I like this.

Raistlin

Speculation on Jemma's location:
the Blue Area of the Moon

How?

I'm not familiar enough with the comics, but unless it comes with some sort of reality altering view of the sky ... how could that be our moon? There was a planet with a moon in the sky.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
After watching several different sci fi and action shows over the summer, I've got to say the quality of the special FX really stood out. AoS looks really fucking good.
The thing that irks me the most about AoS is that the CGI work is usually fantastic for a network show, but then we have to suffer through AWFUL, Disneyland sets and cheap ass pyrotechnics. Case in point:

VjkUtRF.gif

guek

Banned
WTF did Mack do during the offseason?

He was always huge, but seriously WTF is up with his biceps now :eek:

Sittups, pushups, and plenty of juice!

I thought the season 2 opener was a bit better but last night was still very, very solid. So happy fall shows are back!

Sobriquet

How?

I'm not familiar enough with the comics, but unless it comes with some sort of reality altering view of the sky ... how could that be our moon? There was a planet with a moon in the sky.

That
"Moon"
has a moon breh.

Yeah... I have no answer for that. :p

Here's why I'm thinking that:
It has a breathable atmosphere for humans. It was once settled by Kree. Inhumans made their home there for a while. It's blue.

Raistlin

The thing that irks me the most about AoS is that the CGI work is usually fantastic for a network show, but then we have to suffer through AWFUL, Disneyland sets and cheap ass pyrotechnics. Case in point:

VjkUtRF.gif

lol yeah, agreed.

Definitely seem to avoid controlled explosions and go with flash pots / flame throwers instead.

Overall though, the show is in a class of its own in terms of overall effects work.

VjkUtRF.gif

I'll agree with this. Wish they could do more on location explosions instead of on the backlot, but I understand the limitations. Maybe a better pyro guy could do something with it.

anaron

VjkUtRF.gif

I think the location/set work on the show is still the most annoying flaw for me. It's improved considerably but like, everything is usually so damn visually boring and obviously a set.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Can anyone tell me if this episode will ruin anything in Ant-Man, I haven't seen it yet as I am waiting for the Blu-Ray

ZeroFate

Best season opener yet.

Pros:
-Daisy mothereffin Johnson! Her character progression has been pretty great. It's also awesome to see her stepping into her new role at SHIELD.
-Fitz Bond. When the first scene with him started I almost let out a groan. BUT... the execution was perfect. He's still got a bit of the bumbling Fitz in there. He's just desperate to get his friend back (and how about the acting in his last scene?).
-All the MCU shoutouts. I'm a sucker for these.

Cons:
-Lash somehow looks worse in motion. How could they think the hair was a good idea??? >.>
-Mockingbird and whats-his-face still being a thing. Does anyone seriously care about this? And they're thinking about giving them a spinoff? Bwahaha good luck with the ratings on that one.

All-in-all this was their best premiere yet. Can't wait to see if they can top the stellar last season! Off to a great start.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Can we just appreciate the brilliant acting from Fitz at the end there?

Just screaming at the Monolith. You could see his anguish.

Fantastic.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
He's just desperate to get his friend back (and how about the acting in his last scene?).

Can we just appreciate the brilliant acting from Fitz at the end there?

Just screaming at the Monolith. You could see his anguish.

Fantastic.

it was really solid acting, i'm impressed both with his acting and the writing team for leveraging his ability so well over the course of the show

strafer

when fitz and simmons are reunited im going to cry...i just know it.

I hope it doesn't take the entire season. Episode 5 maybe.

Great premier and though Lash looks really rough (my God the hair...) and some explosions looked cheap, I love how good the FX work on this show seems to keep getting better. Oddly enough, my favorite bit moment was when the Escalade/Suburban lazily rolled by like it was tumbleweed, made me laugh.

Jemma's having a rough time out where she is but once she returns, I can't wait to see how much she's changed. And Fitz, first the Bond-like infiltration and then the moment with the Monolith... So good.

Can't wait for the next episode!

Top Bottom