• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Jag

tumblr_na96djuya71t90ulfo1_250.gif

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
AoS' premier narrowly beat Gotham's numbers - 1.7 vs 1.6, though it was down from season 2's opening at 2.1

Up from it's season finale though so that's good.

Gambit

In the first season a Fitz/Simmons romance would have seemed awkward and kind of like siblings making out.
Now both characters have changed so much that one just can't help but hope for a happy ending.

But then a Whedon is involved in the show...

PS: Just watched Age of Ultron with Joss' commentary and at the end he revealed a little Easter Egg he put into Thor's dream sequence.
He sees three animal statues representing the dark forces. The animals he chose were Wolf, Ram, and Hart.
Awesome.

In the first season a Fitz/Simmons romance would have seemed awkward and kind of like siblings making out.
Now both characters have changed so much that one just can't help but hope for a happy ending.

PS: Just watched Age of Ultron with Joss' commentary and at the end he revealed a little Easter Egg he put into Thor's dream sequence.
He sees three animal statues representing the dark forces. The animals he chose were Wolf, Ram, and Hart.
Awesome.

Hot damn

Volimar

Awesome.

Really? That's great.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

Awesome.

What is the significance of the spoilered part?

StudioTan

Wolf Ram and Hart are a recurring theme in the TV series Angel. The evil law firm was called Wolfram & Hart and seemed to hint at ancient evil.

It's the evil law firm from Angel.

The main antagonists of his series Angel was a demonic law firm called Wolfram & Hart. Later whilst visiting a demon dimension you learn their pagan emblems were the wolf, ram, and hart (a deer).

Ah, never watched that show. Thanks!

Gambit

What is the significance of the spoilered part?

Probably no real significance for Marvel, just a nice call-back to one of Whedon's shows.
The evil law firm in Angel is called Wolfram & Hart.

As he said, just an Easter Egg for fans.

EDIT: I see many people type faster than I do.

Sadist

Awesome.
Nice. God I loved that series.

Anyway saw the episode my fellow SHIELDGAF viewers!

- Daisy hnnngggggg. Hnnnnnngg. What don't judge me, Chloe is a very attractive woman.
- A gay guy, cool.
- Fitz my man, it's not just about science anymore, but now he became a man of action? Dude will forever surprise me. All in all, out of all the characters he really went through the most changes. And he's awesome because of it. His emotion at the monolith is awesome. Shotgun Fitz not giving a fuck.
- Coulson: "Oh yeah, I wouldn't do anything to make you feel uncomfortable" *pulls of bionic hand*
- Rosalind is interesting. Could be awesome.
- Lash? Looked like Blanka and Sonic did the fusion dance.
- Btw, Mack is HUGE. Damn.
- Lance wants a piece of Ward. Man, Wards super power is pissing off everyone lol.
- May gone for months? Kinda expected it actually.
- Siiimmmoooons! Run girl, run!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Disappointed that Coulson's robo-hand is an inanimate lump. Where's the bitchin cybernetic multitool hand he deserves? This better just be an early-season contrivance here.

Slacka

- Fitz my man, it's not just about science anymore, but now he became a man of action? Dude will forever surprise me. All in all, out of all the characters he really went through the most changes. And he's awesome because of it. His emotion at the monolith is awesome. Shotgun Fitz not giving a fuck.

In hindsight though, the development and progression of Fitz isn't all that surprising really. Even towards the end of season 2 we saw him go on the run and escape trained agents (albeit with some advice from hunter). Combine that with the fact he is a highly intelligent and driven individual it only makes sense that he would have developed and grown those skills over the break.

That said of course I think Fitz has to be my favourite character on the show now. Iain De Caestecker has shown us once again that when the scrip requires it, holy shit can he deliver the performance and emotion required.

Frog-fu

Banned
I gotta say, the strongest part obout AoS has got to be the sense of scale. That opening sequence was awesome, and the ending with President Ellis' speech was a perfect closer.

It's been a true since the start, but I don't think I've ever felt it as strongly as I do now.

We global.

Famassu

when fitz and simmons are reunited im going to cry...i just know it.
Lol, it seems someone hasn't watched any Whedon shows in the past... There's almost bound to be some crap happen that makes the reunion bittersweet and/or devastating somehow, not the happy happy joy joy occasion we'd all want it to be. At least I'm preparing myself for some shit going down. Never expect happy things from a show any Whedon or his affiliates have something to do with.

Volimar

Lol, it seems someone hasn't watched any Whedon shows in the past... There's almost bound to be some crap happen that makes the reunion bittersweet and/or devastating somehow, not the happy happy joy joy occasion we'd all want it to be. At least I'm preparing myself for some shit going down. Never expect happy things from a show any Whedon or his affiliates have something to do with.

Simmons to die in Fitz's arms the moment they meet again confirmed.

Gambit

Famassu
100% likely right.
(Today, 11:40 PM)

*right click, save as*

Gonna get sooo much use from me.

Whedon doesn't really like relationship...probably because he sucks at writing them...because he constantly avoids them...so he never gets better at writing them.

I think that was mostly a Joss thing, he doesn't have any involvement in this show.

It's possible Jed might retain some of that influence though

Frog-fu

Banned
Waiting for a scene when Coulson has trouble with something and someone says "here let me give you a..."

*Coulson glare*

The Son of Coul is busy sifting through boxes in storage to locate a key document when Hunter arrives.

Hunter: "Hey, boss, do you need a..."

Coulson turns and stares seemingly directly into Hunter's soul, promising dire consequences if he finished that sentence.

Hunter: "-... some help? D'you need some help?"

aaaand scene.

Famassu

I think that was mostly a Joss thing, he doesn't have any involvement in this show.

It's possible Jed might retain some of that influence though
Sure, but I still think his storytelling style/methods have rubbed on people he's worked with a lot. Jemma being sucked into the monolith just as Fitz is making his moves & she agrees to a date is such a Joss Whedon type Fuck You Fans, Let's Make Them Suffer More move.

Sure, but I still think his storytelling style/methods have rubbed on people he's worked with a lot. Jemma being sucked into the monolith just as Fitz is making his moves & she agrees to a date is such a Joss Whedon type Fuck You Fans, Let's Make Them Suffer More move.

Good point. The season 1 finale bit where Garrett goes out was also pure Joss.

EulaCapra

I feel like I wanna bet that Mack turns out to be gay. There was no inclination to any attraction from what I recall last season (unless you count Fitz lol). And now there's that Inhuman and out Joey guy in the base...

Mack's always been a man's man anyway.

I feel like I wanna bet that Mack turns out to be gay. There was no inclination to any attraction from what I recall last season (unless you count Fitz lol). And now there's that Inhuman and out Joey guy in the base...

Mack's always been a man's man anyway.

Can we just have someone that isn't forced into a romantic pairing?

Top Bottom