• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

#TeamGrantWardRedemptionArc

#TeamGrantWardIsBetterAsAnAsshole

Season premiere was pretty great, the distinct lack of Ward hurt it, but was made up for by Fitz and Mack being awesome in their own respective ways. Also Chloe Bennett just gets more and more attractive each season, jeeezus.

Fitz is a G. Coulson is a G. Every goddamn SHIELD agent is straight-up gangsta. Thanos gonna get got.

Seriously. Everyone is a certified badass now. Love it

agents-of-shield-season-3-phil-coulson-600x400.jpg

In hindsight though, the development and progression of Fitz isn't all that surprising really. Even towards the end of season 2 we saw him go on the run and escape trained agents (albeit with some advice from hunter). Combine that with the fact he is a highly intelligent and driven individual it only makes sense that he would have developed and grown those skills over the break.

That said of course I think Fitz has to be my favourite character on the show now. Iain De Caestecker has shown us once again that when the scrip requires it, holy shit can he deliver the performance and emotion required.

I think Fitz was always capable of thinking on his feet but he lacked confidence. Now hes got nothing to lose.

Looks aside...it's amazing how much I genuinely care about Daisy. Took a very long time for me to find any fucks to give about Skye, the whole flip flopping thing in S1 was hard on her character.

Yeah, Daisy was awesome. Also great entrance.

Loved that ep.

In hindsight though, the development and progression of Fitz isn't all that surprising really. Even towards the end of season 2 we saw him go on the run and escape trained agents (albeit with some advice from hunter). Combine that with the fact he is a highly intelligent and driven individual it only makes sense that he would have developed and grown those skills over the break.

That said of course I think Fitz has to be my favourite character on the show now. Iain De Caestecker has shown us once again that when the scrip requires it, holy shit can he deliver the performance and emotion required.

All his scenes were great and he completely aced the two different moods in the one where he was getting the relic from that criminal and that very last scene. Damn strong stuff.

Fitz is a G. Coulson is a G. Every goddamn SHIELD agent is straight-up gangsta. Thanos gonna get got.

So good!

My bro had a crush on Fitz from season 1, pity crushed on him in season 2, and for the premiere the word he used was "swoon".

Totally understandable.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
The only ones that Marvel may have an issue getting on the show are Rocket & Groot (both for CGI reasons & the voice actors' busy schedules). Granted, Chris Pratt is also busy, but he has an extensive TV track record.
I think they probably have enough takes of Vin saying "I am Groot" to fill an entire season's worth of guest appearances.

My bicurious nature shines through.

Mack and Daisy are smokin' hot. Fitz and Simmons are cute.
The entire cast is ridiculously attractive. Probably the most attractive cast overall on TV IMO.

But Henry Simmons is on a whole other level. Literally super human. He's on the same level looks wise as the Marvel Chris trio, and he has to maintain it longer due to the extended TV filming, so it's even more impressive IMO.

The entire cast is ridiculously attractive. Probably the most attractive cast overall on TV IMO

I don't know. You could probably pick out nearly any show on the CW & find a more attractive overall cast. Not taking away from the incredible attractive nature of Shield; it's just, that's kind of the CW's thing to put the most beautiful people imaginable all in one place.

The entire cast is ridiculously attractive. Probably the most attractive cast overall on TV IMO.

But Henry Simmons is on a whole other level. Literally super human. He's on the same level looks wise as the Marvel Chris trio, and he has to maintain it longer due to the extended TV filming, so it's even more impressive IMO.
Okay... you have a point there.

A very good, muscley point.

I don't know. You could probably pick out nearly any show on the CW & find a more attractive overall cast. Not taking away from the incredible attractive nature of Shield; it's just, that's kind of the CW's thing to put the most beautiful people imaginable all in one place.
The CW obviously has a lot of beautiful people, but their casts tend to skew young. SHIELD has hot people of all ages, which is much more appealing personally. Usually the older members of the CW casts are not really given a chance to show off, as they tend to occupy the "adult/authority" roles which mainly just service the plot. (Of course there are exceptions to this.)

Okay... you have a point there.

A very good, muscley point.
The best kind of point.

The CW obviously has a lot of beautiful people, but their casts tend to skew young. SHIELD has hot people of all ages, which is much more appealing personally. Usually the older members of the CW casts are not really given a chance to show off, as they tend to occupy the "adult/authority" roles which mainly just service the plot. (Of course there are exceptions to this.).

That's a valid way of describing it. Can't disagree.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Goddamn, hunter stays awesome, even when captured. Nice trap Rosalind set up, too bad Coulson didn't see through it and countered with a second team. The exchange between them was great, however, two directors of secret agencies exchanging blows on a vocal level.

Fitz channeling that Indiana Jones vibe. Being a bad ass not giving a fuck and playing bluff poker like a boss. His scene with the monolith.... It's been mentioned before, can't be mentioned enough: Class acting.

Chloe Bennett looks amazing with that short hair but most of all the self confidence. In previous series, Skye was a victim, things happened to her, now she's taken the reigns and makes things happen and she's better for it. Best scene that showed this was when she failed at convincing Joey, her confidence whimpered. Great work by Chloe.

Bobbi, Mack, Jemma, all good, but very little screen time. No surprise with that huge cast.

Final note: what the hell was that Blanka-Sonic-hybrid? At first I thought it was a Kree, but the Kree bodies we've seen were blue IIRC. Perhaps an inhuman from the moon base?

Man, Lash did not look good, but I have to give credit where it's due, the effects were fantastic this episode and I really hope that's going to continue the further we get into the season.

Other titbits...

Daisy in that tank top. Lawd have mercy.

And goddamn at how tanked Mack looked too.

No Ward was disappointing.

Loved how Fitz has evolved to field agent now and that final scene really hit the old heartstrings.

And damn, where the fuck is Gemma?

Fixed your link.

Lash looked....ok.....except for the hair.

They didn't really build up to him either, which I thought was disappointing.

I wanted to see him teased a little, like just his shadow for at least the pilot and then keep him covered in darkness for a couple more episodes, make him this imposing beast that will just wreck your shit. Instead of he came across as pretty weak all things considered.

Early days though, plenty of time to build him up I guess, but you can only make a first impression once....

neorej

ERMYGERD!
They didn't really build up to him either, which I thought was disappointing.

I wanted to see him teased a little, like just his shadow for at least the pilot and then keep him covered in darkness for a couple more episodes, make him this imposing beast that will just wreck your shit. Instead of he came across as pretty weak all things considered.

Early days though, plenty of time to build him up I guess, but you can only make a first impression once....

He punched beastmode-Mack into another room. With a single hit. That's pretty impressive. Although I'll give you that his fleeing from Daisy and Lincoln was weak-sauce at best. I'm just glad he came out at full strength right off the bat. Hyde was teased for an entire season and we only got him for like 20 seconds.

anaron

The CW obviously has a lot of beautiful people, but their casts tend to skew young. SHIELD has hot people of all ages, which is much more appealing personally. Usually the older members of the CW casts are not really given a chance to show off, as they tend to occupy the "adult/authority" roles which mainly just service the plot. (Of course there are exceptions to this.)

while I agree and it's definitely true, this is thankfully changing for the CW. Flash, Legends, Jane and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend all feature a decently diverse cast in age.

but yeah, AoS has been leading in diversity since the pilot. :)

while I agree and it's definitely true, this is thankfully changing for the CW. Flash, Legends, Jane and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend all feature a decently diverse cast in age.

but yeah, AoS has been leading in diversity since the pilot. :)
Yeah, they've definitely been improving. (I really need to watch Jane the Virgin.)

I think SHIELD doesn't get enough credit when it comes to its place in the TV landscape. Even among superhero/comicbook shows, they still fill a unique space, and they continue to grow in this regard. The introduction of Joey surprised me, and it was a very pleasant surprise. Rosalind too. (Though I was expecting her.)

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Yeah, they've definitely been improving. (I really need to watch Jane the Virgin.)

I think SHIELD doesn't get enough credit when it comes to its place in the TV landscape. Even among superhero/comicbook shoes, they still fill a unique space, and they continue to grow in this regard. The introducing of Joey surprised me, and it was a very pleasant surprise. Rosalind too. (Though I was expecting her.)

Yeah, I really liked how they just casually mentioned his ex-boyfriend, and at the same time I was shocked at the fact that it stood out. How few shows or movies do this. Baby-steps I guess.

Rosur

Fitz was great this episode, also that ending...

Definitely an alien world right? I wonder if Simmons will meet up with the Guardians of the Galaxy, though that sort of thing seems to big for a TV show.

I think SHIELD doesn't get enough credit when it comes to its place in the TV landscape. Even among superhero/comicbook shows, they still fill a unique space, and they continue to grow in this regard. The introduction of Joey surprised me, and it was a very pleasant surprise. Rosalind too. (Though I was expecting her.)

Yea the way they introduced Joey was well done.

Pachimari

Gotham have the prettiest girls and The Originals is up there as well. I wouldn't say Shield have the most attractive cast. They got Daisy, Bobbi, Hunter, Ward d Mack.

I finished the episode yesterday and really liked it. It wasn't super awesome but a solid start. I didn't mind Lash, and Fitz stole the show. I also hope they'll refer to Daisy as Quake sometime this season.

Where is Jemma? That was the most interesting part. Is she out in the galaxy? And she can breath? Inhuman confirmed. Would be great, as she weren't fond of them in the beginning.

scabro

chloe looks amazing, jesus chrais

Lash's hair looks awful, jesus chrais. Should have just gone with short spiky hair or something.

Episode overall was kinda middling. Fitz still the best actor in the show by a mile.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Fitz was great this episode, also that ending...

Definitely an alien world right? I wonder if Simmons will meet up with the Guardians of the Galaxy, though that sort of thing seems to big for a TV show.

Yea the way they introduced Joey was well done.

I will lose my shit if she runs into the Milano, Quill steps off, tells her she can relax now Star-Lord is here and she just says "who?".

Gotham have the prettiest girls and The Originals is up there as well. I wouldn't say Shield have the most attractive cast. They got Daisy, Bobbi, Hunter, Ward d Mack.
You don't think May, Jemma, Fitz and Coulson are attractive? Ming Na is pretty much ageless beauty incarnate, I think she's actually immortal. Elizabeth and Iain are the epitome of nerd cute, and Clark is handsome and charming as hell.

I don't watch either show you mentioned, but I don't think Gotham has much in the way of male eye candy. (Ben Mckenzie is cute.) I know The Originals has a lot of very pretty people, but that seems to fall into the traditional CW casting net.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
You don't think May, Jemma, Fitz and Coulson are attractive? Ming Na is pretty much ageless beauty incarnate, I think she's actually immortal. Elizabeth and Iain are the epitome of nerd cute, and Clark is handsome and charming as hell.

I don't watch either show you mentioned, but I don't think Gotham has much in the way of male eye candy. (Ben Mckenzie is cute.) I know The Originals has a lot of very pretty people, but that seems to fall into the traditional CW casting net.

Dat Monica Baccarin, Chelsea Spack and Erin Richards though.

Top Bottom