• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Hex

Banned
Wait, when you guys talk about Titan in the Marvel Universe, is it Saturn's Titan? Because if so they would be well inspired to move Thanos' home planet to somewhere else in the galaxy, being how much we now know about the satellite. It could have been good enough for sloppy scifi from the 60s, but aliens from Titan will be laughed at in 2015. It's the same reason we don't have Martians in our fictions any more.

Actually there are still plenty of things from Mars and the moon for that matter in comics and sci fi.
Real world really has no ramifications when you have had people building bases on these places for many years now and various other things.

AMUSIX

you all know the guesses as to where Gemma is are all better than actuality, right? Just don't want the flood of disappointment when the writers didn't take the same direction (ex: Taskmasterward)

Khaz

Actually there are still plenty of things from Mars and the moon for that matter in comics and sci fi.
Real world really has no ramifications when you have had people building bases on these places for many years now and various other things.

Yeah but building human bases and exploring and unearthing millenial demons is different from little green men from Mars living all over the planet. Having planets / moons in the solar system populated with ETs for thousands of years is something really difficult to introduce nowadays.

Drayco21

Wait, when you guys talk about Titan in the Marvel Universe, is it Saturn's Titan? Because if so they would be well inspired to move Thanos' home planet to somewhere else in the galaxy, being how much we now know about the satellite. It could have been good enough for sloppy scifi from the 60s, but aliens from Titan will be laughed at in 2015. It's the same reason we don't have Martians in our fictions any more.

Yes, in the Marvel Universe, an offshoot population of The Eternals end up creating a secluded civilization on Saturn's Titan, which is where Thanos is born, until he takes off on his own. He eventually comes back and destroys pretty much all of their civilization, so that only a very small handful of survivors remain.

It's not really any crazier than anything else in the MCU- The Celestials tried to uplift early humans, created The Eternals, the Kree wanted to wreck their shit, so they try to escape, end up on some random ass moon, and then got wiped out by Thanos, and they can just say it all happened hundreds to thousands of years ago in the MCU without there being much fuss.

MajorMane

Finally managed to watch this episode since I've been busy ever since Tuesday and my god, how I have missed Agents of Shield. Really enjoyed this episode and am hoping for a solid season all around again.

The actor that plays Fitz is seriously good.

Apoc29

I had a dream where it was like 20 years in the future and Simmons has basically become Nick Fury; she's got an eye patch and has seen some shit but she's running the new SHIELD and is totally badass. I didn't know this was something I wanted but I guess I do.

I had a dream where it was like 20 years in the future and Simmons has basically become Nick Fury; she's got an eye patch and has seen some shit but she's running the new SHIELD and is totally badass. I didn't know this was something I wanted but I guess I do.

Newsletter, subscribe, etc.

Quick

Banned

giphy.gif

Slayven

you all know the guesses as to where Gemma is are all better than actuality, right? Just don't want the flood of disappointment when the writers didn't take the same direction (ex: Taskmasterward)

But Ward as Taskmaster would have be terrible. Not even the good terrible, just pure shit.

Volimar

They could have a cloaking barrier that makes it look like a lifeless moon.

Khaz

Yeah, I suppose it could go with being populated thousands years ago, I know nothing about Thanos life expectancy.

jph139

I imagine they'll go the Drax route with Thanos and just make him "some sort of alien" - I can't imagine they want to drag all of the Eternals baggage with them.

Making the universe less Earth-centric is always a good thing in my book, so no complaints here.

Slayven

Yeah, I suppose it could go with being populated thousands years ago, I know nothing about Thanos life expectancy.
Here is a hint the name of his race is "The Eternals"

I imagine they'll go the Drax route with Thanos and just make him "some sort of alien" - I can't imagine they want to drag all of the Eternals baggage with them.

Making the universe less Earth-centric is always a good thing in my book, so no complaints here.

Eternals are the coolest things Kriby ever did.

Cuburt

I've always felt the Taskmaster/Ward speculation seemed like a stretch.

People also speculated about the Skye/Daisy/Cal/Hyde connections but that was deliberate seeding by the writers that paid off.

I don't why people wanted Ward for Taskmaster.

Taskmaster is a bad enough dude that he can take down Cap in a straight fight, Ward would get bodied by Cap.

anaron

Eh the body was largely fine, but I wish he wasn't so... feathery?
that and the hair is plastic stiff and just looked ridiculous every time he moved. His face looked pretty good though and reminded me of Buffy's monsters.

maybe they concealed him in the dark lighting cuz they're going to work on it? (pls)

Less Ward the better. I hate when villains overstay their welcome.
I'm fine with him being around this season because he does make for a great villain, (esp for the MCU where they've been mostly shit) but this definitely needs to be his last.

Pachimari

That "Jemma in the galaxy" scene is one of the most beautiful ones in the whole series.

And Fitz' actor is damn impressive. Best on the show for sure. I were very impressed by him in this episode.

kurahador

We all hope for Jemma to meet up with Thanos or Starlord.

Surely we know better now it's going to be that Kree dude from last season.

I have been thinking, and the worst possible outcome to the Gemma situation is that she is inside a simulation, thus nothing matters.

That is probably the solution to this whole thing. It is just a test.

Guys, could we feasibly expect any Spidey references this season? Would be an amazing way to hype up Civil War, if Coulson was talking about possible new Inhumans and wondering if the "spider guy" was one of them.

Khaz

Guys, could we feasibly expect any Spidey references this season? Would be an amazing way to hype up Civil War, if Coulson was talking about possible new Inhumans and wondering if the "spider guy" was one of them.

At best we would spot a copy of the Daily Bugle on his desk. But most likely no reference at all.

Volimar

The best would be Star-Lord trying to seduce Jemma while saving her. So many great opportunities. Too bad we won't get that.

I tried, but I got no answer.

FMLzs3w.jpg
MODVaWZ.jpg

Also made a gif from that scene, haven't seen it posted yet.

6e3pTPP.gif
Cool, many thanks for the .gif!

However for the avatar, I wanted the floating head avatar / meme, you know with a tansparent background like many other members of NeoGAF have.

Something like this:

image.php
image.php

But with my previous picture:
http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...ed-opening-scene-of-agents-of-shield-season-3
Or this one seems better:
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/09/Quake.jpg

Top Bottom