• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Pachimari

You don't think May, Jemma, Fitz and Coulson are attractive? Ming Na is pretty much ageless beauty incarnate, I think she's actually immortal. Elizabeth and Iain are the epitome of nerd cute, and Clark is handsome and charming as hell.

I don't watch either show you mentioned, but I don't think Gotham has much in the way of male eye candy. (Ben Mckenzie is cute.) I know The Originals has a lot of very pretty people, but that seems to fall into the traditional CW casting net.
Coulson and Fitz are attractive. May is the furthest from attractive to me. But tastes and differences and all that.

Anyway, about the Simmons plot - haven't they already said that
an Asgardian will show up? It'll probably be that new random Asgardian helping out Simmons.

Dat Monica Baccarin, Chelsea Spack and Erin Richards though.
They're lovely, but what about us gays? D:

Though I actually don't care to see them try to pander to me. I've already got enough shows on my plate.

Coulson and Fitz are attractive. May is the furthest from attractive to me. But tastes and differences and all that.
Of course attraction is subject to personal taste, I'm just surprised to see someone say that. She's some sort of enchantress. She knows how to work.

Excellent episode, can't wait for the next one. Was quite happy to see an appearance by the US President. I'm assuming/hoping they're helping set up civil war. I really hope the Avengers find out about Coulson's SHIELD by the end of this season/end of civil war.

And yes the cast of this show is ridiculously attractive, with Bobbi, Daisy and Lincoln being the standouts for me. And Mack's chest of course.

5myupDZ.gif

The man is a seriously good actor. By far the best one on the show I feel.

Joni

You don't think May, Jemma, Fitz and Coulson are attractive? Ming Na is pretty much ageless beauty incarnate, I think she's actually immortal. Elizabeth and Iain are the epitome of nerd cute, and Clark is handsome and charming as hell.

I don't watch either show you mentioned, but I don't think Gotham has much in the way of male eye candy. (Ben Mckenzie is cute.) I know The Originals has a lot of very pretty people, but that seems to fall into the traditional CW casting net.

Clark Gregg is not really attractive, no. In that age range, he doesn't compare to for instance David Ramsey, Alan Van Sprang, Mark Pelligrino, Manu Bennett, Peter Mensah, Simon Merrells or Craig Parker. And that is okay, it is not like he was ever sold as a muscle or a sex symbol. He made a career on being the balding, not really impressive guy. And yes, I took about a 10 year age range but let's be honest, he didn't look that different back in Iron Man. And yes, I didn't basically look at the Spartacus cast list to find attractive guys in that range. It is not strange.

Clark Gregg is not really attractive, no. In that age range, he doesn't compare to for instance David Ramsey, Alan Van Sprang, Mark Pelligrino, Manu Bennett, Peter Mensah, Simon Merrells or Craig Parker. And that is okay, it is not like he was ever sold as a muscle or a sex symbol. He made a career on being the balding, not really impressive guy. And yes, I took about a 10 year age range but let's be honest, he didn't look that different back in Iron Man. And yes, I didn't basically look at the Spartacus cast list to find attractive guys in that range. It is not strange.
I still think he's pretty attractive. I also think the majority of the dudes you posted are also attractive. Keep listing attractive men please. Let's talk about only this until next Tuesday.

If you can also arrange for more Spartacus vets to come to SHIELD that would be great. (I really wanna know who Feuerriegel is playing.)

*Fitz opens up Hebrew text*
"The Jews did this."

I saw this theory mentioned on the Agents of SHIELD after show (www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aet3rfC69pk) and it is an interesting one that links the Jewish Golem myth with the monolith (from Wikipedia):

A golem is inscribed with Hebrew words in some tales (for example, some versions of Chełm and Prague, as well as in Polish tales and versions of Brothers Grimm), such as the word emet (אמת, "truth" in Hebrew) written on its forehead. The golem could then be deactivated by removing the aleph (א) in emet, thus changing the inscription from "truth" to "death" (met מת, meaning "dead").

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
"What does the scroll say, Fitz?"
"It's Hebrew."
"Shall we get the computer to translate?"
"It's one word."
"What does it mean?"
"Death."
"Is there anything on the back?"

edit: for comparison's sake, here's Jemma.
YyZosxa.gif

Khaz

I saw this theory mentioned on the Agents of SHIELD after show (www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aet3rfC69pk) and it is an interesting one that links the Jewish Golem myth with the monolith (from Wikipedia):

Do we have Hebrew speaking people here to confirm it?

ubcKHTQ.png

According to the golem wikipedia page, מת means death. But there is an additional letter here. I read it as מרת , which means
Mrs.
according to Google translate. Then again, I don't know hebrew or its alphabet.

Did they get trolled by their translator? Or did I just spoil myself the next episode?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Do we have Hebrew speaking people here to confirm it?

ubcKHTQ.png

According to the golem wikipedia page, מת means death. But there is an additional letter here. I read it as מרת , which means
Mrs.
according to Google translate. Then again, I don't know hebrew or its alphabet.

Did they get trolled by their translator? Or did I just spoil myself the next episode?
http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Glossary/Word_of_the_Week/Archived/Mavet/mavet.html

According to that page, the show got it right.

If this show has a scene with Thanos it would be amazing. If they turn Gemma into Death I will have the world's largest breakdown.

If they start introducing some Cosmic Marvel stuff into the show via Gemma, this that wold be cool.

If they have some Cosmic Marvel hero come back to Earth and fight as part of Daisy's team that would be great. I guess some Skrull stuff would not be too insane

I am jumping to conclusions.

GIVE GEMMA THE INFINITY GAUNTLET

arumisan

while I agree and it's definitely true, this is thankfully changing for the CW. Flash, Legends, Jane and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend all feature a decently diverse cast in age.

but yeah, AoS has been leading in diversity since the pilot. :)

Yeah, they've definitely been improving. (I really need to watch Jane the Virgin.)

I think SHIELD doesn't get enough credit when it comes to its place in the TV landscape. Even among superhero/comicbook shows, they still fill a unique space, and they continue to grow in this regard. The introduction of Joey surprised me, and it was a very pleasant surprise. Rosalind too. (Though I was expecting her.)
Agreed. And you guys just reminded me that I need to finish Jane the Virgin before the new season starts.

On the other hand, the episode was pretty good - they are definitely hammering in the Daisy thing, but I don't mind. Fitz continues to be my favorite character.

Looking forward to what Ward is doing.

Hex

Banned
This is all so confusing

golem-620x412.jpg

Why is it confusing?
That is emet which I believe is truth which brings it to life.
Removing the middle symbol is how to kill it changing it from truth to dead though I believe the word that translates to dead and the word that translates to death are different and thus the confusion. (Not totally sure on the last part, I suppose the words meaning dead and death could be the same)

Hex

Banned
If this show has a scene with Thanos it would be amazing. If they turn Gemma into Death I will have the world's largest breakdown.

If they start introducing some Cosmic Marvel stuff into the show via Gemma, this that wold be cool.

If they have some Cosmic Marvel hero come back to Earth and fight as part of Daisy's team that would be great. I guess some Skrull stuff would not be too insane

I am jumping to conclusions.

GIVE GEMMA THE INFINITY GAUNTLET

Thanos falls for Gemma, who gives him the cold shoulder thus causing him to go on a rampage.
Make it happen Marvel.

Anyway, about the Simmons plot - haven't they already said that
an Asgardian will show up? It'll probably be that new random Asgardian helping out Simmons.
isnt it the same Asgardian from the berserker staff episode?

Loved the episode. but damn Lash. You look terrible. Let's hope they can get his powers right (he should have dealt Daisy and Lincoln's power back to them) and his personality right.
Oh yeeeeeeah guuuurl. Jemma becomes a Watcher confirmed.
This was a great scene.

Fitz's actor is amazing, he went from a full on nerd to a badass-nerd, not too different from the Wesley transformation from Buffy to Angel.
Super true. The problem with Wesley's arc was that his transformation required a contrived plot device in order to progress. Fitz hasn't had that so far. I mean, he managed to recover from major brain damage, and now he's negotiating with extremists alone, with no backup.
"What does the scroll say, Fitz?"
"It's Hebrew."
"Shall we get the computer to translate?"
"It's one word."
"What does it mean?"
"Death."
"Is there anything on the back?"

edit: for comparison's sake, here's Jemma.
YyZosxa.gif

oh god khaz

Titan confirmed
You sons of bitches. I'm getting eternally hyped over here.
Goddamn it
Taskmaster is back

Now where's my girl?!

Drayco21

oh god khaz

Titan confirmed

I was under the impression that Thanos was on Sanctuary in Avengers 1, which is now a separate planet/region and a lot farther away than Titan- it's where he is in Guardians, and it seems to have the same skyline and general look there.

Khaz

Wait, when you guys talk about Titan in the Marvel Universe, is it Saturn's Titan? Because if so they would be well inspired to move Thanos' home planet to somewhere else in the galaxy, being how much we now know about the satellite. It could have been good enough for sloppy scifi from the 60s, but aliens from Titan will be laughed at in 2015. It's the same reason we don't have Martians in our fictions any more.

Top Bottom