• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

anaron

ugh these friendzone comments are gross

also did people miss that Fitz was working through his brain damage all of last season?

Kalentan

I was going back over the MCU wiki and damn... It's really crazy just how much Skye has changed from season 1. To think she's the same person who was anti-shield in her van to now having powers and leading the Secret Warriors.

l1rsAxq.jpg

How much you wanna bet these guys were also TeamWalt? :p

neoanarch

I was going back over the MCU wiki and damn... It's really crazy just how much Skye has changed from season 1. To think she's the same person who was anti-shield in her van to now having powers and leading the Secret Warriors.
It didn't really feel like a natural progression though at least not to me.

Kalentan

I think S2 Skye and beyond definitely has but they definitely kinda rebooted her character following 1.

Yeah. Her character in S1 is very different in S2. Though I would still say that her character in S2 is in part the result of the last portion of Season 1.

Damn good work Fitz.

She's back already?
So... What was the point?

I did expect them to stretch it out longer

But I imagine she'll get some more character growth from the experience. It seems she's clearly done some more "survival growth" over there. Those were some impressive wake up reflexes. She was already getting more capable so this'll probably increase that a bit once she gets through the trauma she'll probably be dealing with. Plus I could see us learning more about where she was from her, if they want there to be anything to know.

I hope they have her flashback and show more of what happened to her over there.

Plus, Fitz being a badass. Those were some impressive emotions as they tried to reach each other.

the "he did it" during the prison escape was Perfect.
Loving this season !

The "am i allowed to say that " was fantastic too

The dialog this season is superbe

LOVED both of those lol.

Also, Hunter's reaction when hearing Fitz succeeding in getting Simmons back, his reaction was soooo good. :D

No necessarily, as far I could tell the portal didn't activate on its own without an Inhuman present. It didn't do a thing when Fitz was pounding on it until Daisy showed up.

Yeah I was watching for that too.

Or did Daisy go crazy just because of her powers?

Hmmm. Do you mean when they first activated the machine in that room? I think she was apparently just reacting and getting hurt by the sound of the vibrations since she could actually hear them unlike the others.

Mariolee

No necessarily, as far I could tell the portal didn't activate on its own without an Inhuman present. It didn't do a thing when Fitz was pounding on it until Daisy showed up.

Untrue. In the 1800's flashback, we say the portal grab that one dude and there was no indication he was Inhuman.

Mariolee

I mean, they look just like normal people, so.....

Well at that point why can't we suspect everyone is an Inhuman until proven otherwise? It was implied at the beginning that they chose the person who traveled randomly, and every person that got the white rock almost always successfully goes through the portal. What are the odds that they consistently chose Inhumans unless they were an Inhuman society which again, did not seem to be the case.

I'm not saying the theory is wrong, as it is possible, but I'm just saying it's not foolproof as far as I can tell. Then again I did only watch the episode once so maybe I'm misinterpreting a few things.

Chariot

Loved the episode, every single storyline worked for me. Especially rebuilding Hydra. Jokes all fired, the doctors dry comments were amazing. And goddamnit Fitz, the pulling scene was intense, but also kinda dangerous, I thought for a moment that he is going to rip her arm out.

kurahador

Wow...that was fast a turnaround for Simmons. Hope there will be flashback detailing her experience on that planet, and maybe meeting Starlord....and Thanos floating chair....or something.

I guess this season will have new stuff introduced by the end of an episode to be solved by the next?

duckroll

Goddamn. Fitz!!! I'm glad they didn't drag the shit out. I was expecting him to confirm she's still there and alive, get dragged back to make it DRAMATIC. Glad they didn't. Now we'll be getting more answers from her shortly. Ward building up Hydra is pretty awesome. Hope they go somewhere good with the kid. He could still be inspired by Phobos! Just give him a line later like "My father believed in war... I believe in fear." :p

NullKaze

Wow...that was fast a turnaround for Simmons. Hope there will be flashback detailing her experience on that planet, and maybe meeting Starlord....and Thanos floating chair....or something.

I guess this season will have new stuff introduced by the end of an episode to be solved by the next?

They've kinda always had that since Season 2.

One of the best things about AoS is that it doesn't beat a stale plotline into you for half a season, but keeps moving and buildings things up.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
They're gonna kill the Asgardian dude at some point right, or he'll turn full heel? He seemed a bit cautious about Inhumans.
Glad they didn't drag the Simmons plot out over half a season.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
That Fitz-Simmons scene was great. I was expecting him to miss and leave her behind. So glad he got her through. I'm far too emotionally invested in those two haha.

duckroll

The big question now that Simmons is back is where this part of the story will go. We have Daisy/Mack/Lincoln going up against Lash. There's May and Hunter going after Ward/Alexander. Coulson's going to have his hands full dealing with Rosalind. Bobby and Fitz are tied to the Simmons plotline this season, so I wonder if they're going to get an antagonist of their own. Or maybe whatever info Simmons brought back is going let them merge with Daisy's team as support.

Slayven

Dragging out the Simmons thing would have eaten up time they could use for recruiting Secret Warriors.

I want at least Yoyo, they mentioned the Griffin in season one so it is possible.

duckroll

I would be super duper happy if the mid-season climax is the official formation of the Secret Warriors, just like how the mid-season climax last season was the birth of Quake.

sparkzero

The big question now that Simmons is back is where this part of the story will go. We have Daisy/Mack/Lincoln going up against Lash. There's May and Hunter going after Ward/Alexander. Coulson's going to have his hands full dealing with Rosalind. Bobby and Fitz are tied to the Simmons plotline this season, so I wonder if they're going to get an antagonist of their own. Or maybe whatever info Simmons brought back is going let them merge with Daisy's team as support.

I guess Simmons story will go into the Lash storyline. The key to get rid of Lash is to bannish him with the kree monolith. Coulson and Rosalind will eventually be confronted with Lash too. So the rest will deal with Hydra/Ward, but I think he will be a bigger thread in the second half of the season (if they split the storys again).

Damn good work Fitz.

I did expect them to stretch it out longer

But I imagine she'll get some more character growth from the experience. It seems she's clearly done some more "survival growth" over there. Those were some impressive wake up reflexes. She was already getting more capable so this'll probably increase that a bit once she gets through the trauma she'll probably be dealing with. Plus I could see us learning more about where she was from her, if they want there to be anything to know.

I hope they have her flashback and show more of what happened to her over there.

Plus, Fitz being a badass. Those were some impressive emotions as they tried to reach each other.

LOVED both of those lol.

Also, Hunter's reaction when hearing Fitz succeeding in getting Simmons back, his reaction was soooo good. :D

Yeah I was watching for that too.

Hmmm. Do you mean when they first activated the machine in that room? I think she was apparently just reacting and getting hurt by the sound of the vibrations since she could actually hear them unlike the others.

Yeah, could she hear it cause of her powers or because she's inhuman? Remember it's supposed to Kill inhumans

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I guess Simmons story will go into the Lash storyline. The key to get rid of Lash is to bannish him with the kree monolith. Coulson and Rosalind will eventually be confronted with Lash too. So the rest will deal with Hydra/Ward, but I think he will be a bigger thread in the second half of the season (if they split the storys again).

The kree monolith was just destroyed. That's why FitzSimmons were lying in a pile of rubble at the bottom of that pit, and the Asgard dude mentioned that Coulson's team held up their side of the deal by destroying the portal.

duckroll

The kree monolith was just destroyed. That's why FitzSimmons were lying in a pile of rubble at the bottom of that pit, and the Asgard dude mentioned that Coulson's team held up their side of the deal by destroying the portal.

I don't think they're dropping the portal storyline just like that though. It seems likely that if there's one portal to the world, there could be another. Just like how the Diviner wasn't a unique artifact last season, even though everyone thought it was.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I'm glad that they have resolved Simmon's plot line too. I wouldn't want it to drag too long either. Simmon's stucked there for months. Just get her back, and then learn more over the rest of the season about what she's been facing at the other side of the portal.

So what did she eat? There seemed to be zero signs of vegetation.

I wonder if we will get a lot of flashback content to what happened and how she managed to survive.

I originally thought they were going to go with time differences between the two planets. minutes/hours on Planet X while months went by on Earth.

Grazzt

So what did she eat? There seemed to be zero signs of vegetation.

I wonder if we will get a lot of flashback content to what happened and how she managed to survive.

I originally thought they were going to go with time differences between the two planets. minutes/hours on Planet X while months went by on Earth.
Time difference is still possible.

infi

Loved this episode. Glad they brought Simmons back so soon.

That Strucker kid just looks evil but I'm still surprised how fast he went to work for Ward and how quick Ward was to send him on a mission.

I'm hoping we see more of that Inhuman who could melt metal, from the sounds of it I imagine Daisy will start training him soon.

It turned to liquid when Coulson, Fitz, Bobby and the Asgardian were the only ones in the room so I doubt it only activates when there's an inhuman nearby. Fitz also said it randomly changes and I think they would have noticed if it only changed when Daisy is in the room given how much they monitored it.

kurahador

Simmons injury on her right eyebrow from last week episode seems to have healed.
I think the planet/moon properties is regeneration, which is why she didn't seem affected by hunger.

Magwik

Banned
We all have these theories and in reality the writers probably just didn't want to linger on it too long and don't have an answer for half these questions like the hunger or time stuff. We will definitely see what was hunting her though.

RevoDS

Time difference is still possible.

The nightmare and her reaction to it suggests she's spent a significant amount of time in there and that her time on there was relatively traumatizing. That would point to there not being a major time difference.

It's possible that they explain it this way, but it doesn't seem likely to me.

i hope simmons doesn't suffer from amnesia or some shit

Same comment applies to this. Judging from yesterday's episode, everything points to her remembering what happened on that planet.

guek

Banned
Really solid episode, though the pace was probably a little too brisk to be honest. It feels so good to have shield back on the air.

The Brood are part of the X-men license, right? What about the Badoon?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
i hope simmons doesn't suffer from amnesia or some shit

No, she clearly knew who Fitz was. However if obvious she went through some shit on that planet and I can't imagine that it won't play a significant role in at least the first half of the season.

Famassu

She's back already?
So... What was the point?
What do you mean what was the point? Isn't it somewhat obvious that the storyline about the monolith and what it represents hasn't ended, we're probably just in the beginning of it? Her being where ever she was will probably not be just shrugged off. It also serves as to damaging her psyche while also toughening her up, so she's a different person now than when she disappeared, which has the potential to make for some pretty good character development & interactions while also giving her some fresh set of skills that she didn't have before, giving her slightly expanded possibilities as far as potential storylines go. She's not necessarily the Simmons who'd need Bobbi to save her anymore.

We'll obviously hear what she's been doing all this time and given that there was a few month time-jump from S2's end to S3's beginning, there could be quite a lot of things to go through there, things that could end up either becoming new, major story threads of their own as the season advances or, perhaps more likely, stuff that will end up tying to the emergence of the Inhumans. And I wouldn't be surprised if Simmons being there and escaping means that something else might come to Earth as well, either in pursuit of her specifically or just to Earth more generally because someone from Earth was there and escaped. Simmons was clearly running from something she knew was dangerous in Epi 1 and I wouldn't be so certain we have necessarily "seen" the last of whatever it was. Somehow, for some reason, it might make its way to Earth. The monolith might be destroyed, but what it represents could be one of the big story threads of this season, something on the level of the Inhumans reveal & all the Inhumans shit going down in S2.

If anything, Jemma being back hopefully means that we'll be introduced to those bigger storylines that are the driving force of this season sooner and those threads will have more time to be developed. Instead of dragging the mystery for half a season.

duckroll

It turned to liquid when Coulson, Fitz, Bobby and the Asgardian were the only ones in the room so I doubt it only activates when there's an inhuman nearby. Fitz also said it randomly changes and I think they would have noticed if it only changed when Daisy is in the room given how much they monitored it.

When Fitz mentioned that it was random because they checked it against all possible conditions including tides or whatever, the Asgardian commented that he checked it against all variables on "this" planet. So I think that suggests that the portal "opening" on its own might be due to conditions on the other side.

Top Bottom