• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Mariolee

When Fitz mentioned that it was random because they checked it against all possible conditions including tides or whatever, the Asgardian commented that he checked it against all variables on "this" planet. So I think that suggests that the portal "opening" on its own might be due to conditions on the other side.

This is what I was thinking.

When Fitz mentioned that it was random because they checked it against all possible conditions including tides or whatever, the Asgardian commented that he checked it against all variables on "this" planet. So I think that suggests that the portal "opening" on its own might be due to conditions on the other side.

We've seen it immediately react to Daisy, the Asgardian, Raina and Gordon. I'm still betting it grabs aliens. Jemma is an inhuman or an alien.

Just got through with a rewatch of last night's episode and sweet baby Thor did Bear Mccreary kill it with that music during the Fitz and Simmons rescue scene. WOW.

TheDanimal

It seems like they're setting up the beginning of this season (for FitzSimmons) to be the opposite of last season (saw someone mention something to this effect when I was reading some posts a couple pages ago).
I feel like its pretty likely that Fitz is going to be super paranoid about never leaving Jemma's side, especially with how she left him at the beginning of season 2.
Anyway, this last episode was SO good!

I also liked the part when Ward was fighting the guys on the boat, and when one of the henchmen drew blood, he just up and shot him.

It's realistic (seriously one guy versus like 5 is not going to survive unscathed) and symptomatic of Ward's personality (think he's all cool and invincible, but a sign of his vulnerability makes him ruthless).

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
What do you mean what was the point? Isn't it somewhat obvious that the storyline about the monolith and what it represents hasn't ended, we're probably just in the beginning of it? Her being where ever she was will probably not be just shrugged off. It also serves as to damaging her psyche while also toughening her up, so she's a different person now than when she disappeared, which has the potential to make for some pretty good character development & interactions while also giving her some fresh set of skills that she didn't have before, giving her slightly expanded possibilities as far as potential storylines go. She's not necessarily the Simmons who'd need Bobbi to save her anymore.

We'll obviously hear what she's been doing all this time and given that there was a few month time-jump from S2's end to S3's beginning, there could be quite a lot of things to go through there, things that could end up either becoming new, major story threads of their own as the season advances or, perhaps more likely, stuff that will end up tying to the emergence of the Inhumans. And I wouldn't be surprised if Simmons being there and escaping means that something else might come to Earth as well, either in pursuit of her specifically or just to Earth more generally because someone from Earth was there and escaped. Simmons was clearly running from something she knew was dangerous in Epi 1 and I wouldn't be so certain we have necessarily "seen" the last of whatever it was. Somehow, for some reason, it might make its way to Earth. The monolith might be destroyed, but what it represents could be one of the big story threads of this season, something on the level of the Inhumans reveal & all the Inhumans shit going down in S2.

If anything, Jemma being back hopefully means that we'll be introduced to those bigger storylines that are the driving force of this season sooner and those threads will have more time to be developed. Instead of dragging the mystery for half a season.

The other benefit to getting her back and telling her story after the fact is they can control their FX budget better. Much of her story of what happened on the planet can be told through dialogue and exposition while the save the FX shots for the bigger events that may have happened.

Sou Da

Ward is fantastic...but he better die this season.

"And remember Agents, kill Ward!"

CFZgC2-WEAEPLjn.jpg

Someone will get it

I hope Jemma's whole story can be told at some point.

Like you know what would be awesome? If later there was a whole episode that's all Jemma on the planet, showing her whole journey and progression during that time.

How long is "long enough?" There's no particularly compelling reason to kill him, especially because he's a villain. Lord knows Marvel doesn't have a surplus good villains kicking around.
I honestly think his story is pretty much done. He's already a deadweight for this season main story which should be about secret warriors and inhumans plotline, but suddenly the team had to split up to take care of Ward.

Also the longer Ward stay around, it just make Coulson and team look bad because they've been wanting to kill Ward since end of season 1 but still unable to deal with Ward so far. It'll be worse if Ward durvive to season 4

VegiHam

>Does not compute

No but seriously, if he's fantastic have him stick around. Kill characters for good reasons only dammit.

But that is a good reason.

Killing him makes us go awww no! Ward! I'm so conflicted! Better do it now before he hangs around too long and gets boring.

I honestly think his story is pretty much done. He's already a deadweight for this season main story which should be about secret warriors and inhumans plotline, but suddenly the team had to split up to take care of Ward.

Also the longer Ward stay around, it just make Coulson and team look bad because they've been wanting to kill Ward since end of season 1 but still unable to deal with Ward so far. It'll be worse if Ward durvive to season 4

So have him ride off into the sunset and bide his time or something. There are better ways to deal with dead weight, especially when you're talking about a character that might be useful later.

guek

Banned
>Does not compute

No but seriously, if he's fantastic have him stick around. Kill characters for good reasons only dammit.
Well he's great but I forsee him starting to feel stale if he stays past this season but that's only if his character doesn't change drastically by the end

Oh wow, in other news, I opened the reasonably fun mobile game Marvel: Future Fight this morning and it got an update today with a bunch of new characters added:

marvel-future-fight-agents-of-shield.jpg

Playable characters added are Daisy (with 2 costumes: MCU and 616), Coulson, May, Sif, Deathlok, and Lincoln. Mockingbird was already in the game, but they gave her a new alternate costume based on AoS (and in this game, alt costumes do affect stats as well).

Also,
Raina
is in it as a non playable boss, and so is
Gordon

Pretty damn cool!

anaron

How long is "long enough?" There's no particularly compelling reason to kill him, especially because he's a villain. Lord knows Marvel doesn't have a surplus good villains kicking around.
people are *still* either worried he's going to get redeemed or turn into Taskmaster and whatnot. (lol)

let him go balls out blazing for one last season (this one) and finally die for it.

HeySeuss

Kill off Ward? Are you guys for real? He's a constantly evolving character. He's rebuilding HYDRA and will become their leader. I'm anxious to see how sinister he becomes now that he's got power and bankroll to back it up.

Y'all crazy.

Surprised they brought Gemma back so soon, I was looking forward to seeing more of that other world and what was chasing her. I know we'll see it in flashbacks, but still.

dorikyasu

Kill off Ward? Are you guys for real? He's a constantly evolving character. He's rebuilding HYDRA and will become their leader. I'm anxious to see how sinister he becomes now that he's got power and bankroll to back it up.

Y'all crazy.
Yup. I'd rather have Ward take out Hunter & May
(I'm thinking she might sacrifice herself while trying to save Andrew...)
than the other way around.

HeySeuss

Yup. I'd rather have Ward take out Hunter & May
(I'm thinking she might sacrifice herself while trying to save Andrew...)
than the other way around.

I'd be OK if May got killed off. I think she's the weak link of the show. I know I'm in the minority on that opinion though.

He'd probably be up for it but I doubt they can afford him right now.

That's a fair point, but surely there's some clause in there where he can appear and movies Marvel takes care of the fee?

Sucks either way that we didn't see more of a pay off for that other world. Monolith destroyed, Gemma back....

Top Bottom