• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
In ep 1, coulson talks about pym particle, which means ant-man has already happened by now. The hydra seen in Ant-man is rich enough to do business with Darren Cross.

In ep 2, grant ward scouted a strucker to help with rebuilding hydra as they have no money....

Unless the hydra in ant-man is the different group of hydra than grant ward's.

In ep 1, coulson talks about pym particle, which means ant-man has already happened by now. The hydra seen in Ant-man is rich enough to do business with Darren Cross.

In ep 2, grant ward scouted a strucker to help with rebuilding hydra as they have no money....

Unless the hydra in ant-man is the different group of hydra than grant ward's.

I believe when talking to Young Strucker, Ward mentions that Hydra is fractured. So there could very easily be other Hydra mini-factions. In fact, the man that Ward has on the hood of the sports car could easily be a Hydra member that had previously sought to seize leadership.

jph139

Well, there were at least six major branches last season (Whitehall's, Strucker's, and those four other unnamed dudes that they offed), so it would make sense that there's a number of different factions out there. Whitehall was centered on the East Coast, and it makes sense that Ward would mostly be recruiting from that pool, since he ended last season in Boston.

The branch that was involved in Ant-Man would likely have grown from the West Coast, or have flown in from the British branch, the Eastern/Central European branch, the Middle Eastern branch... it's definitely fractured, and I figure most of what Ward's trying to do will be connecting the dots.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Clark Gregg suspects Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. could connect to Civl War

“That’s one of the things I love about our show. The writers are fearless about trashing the whole thing,” Gregg says. “It kind of reinvents itself every season. Now what’s going on is the global outbreak of Terragenesis, people turning into Inhumans. Coulson’s team is very much about finding these poeple and taking care of them in one way and in the other make sure they’re not that particular kind of Inhuman that’s a threat. That seems to be making what we thought was the number one priority, building Secret Warriors, a bit on the back-burner for the moment.”

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has tied-in so well with big Marvel movies like Winter Soldier, it’s probably reasonable to expect the show will be part of the build-up to next year’s highly-anticipated Captain America: Civil War, right? Gregg thinks so, especially given the agents’ recent zeal for keeping track of all these new Inhumans.

“Civil War has always been about the registration of superheroes and people with powers. I suspect what we’re doing will connect with that in some way,” Gregg says. “What I like about what Marvel has done with our show is we explore a broader part of what’s going on in that stuff. Sometimes it connects in a big way. For instance with Winter Soldier, you’re seeing more hours of that dynamic, of suddenly realizing seeing people you’ve worked your whole life for are part of this evil organization trying to kill you, that personal betrayal we get to play out for hours more.”

ArtHands

I believe when talking to Young Strucker, Ward mentions that Hydra is fractured. So there could very easily be other Hydra mini-factions. In fact, the man that Ward has on the hood of the sports car could easily be a Hydra member that had previously sought to seize leadership.

I wonder if Ward will be able to take control over this large piece of Hydra with obviously larger funding and is already conducting bigger experiment

I wonder if Ward will be able to take control over this large piece of Hydra with obviously larger funding and is already conducting bigger experiment

It's possible but not probable (mostly because movie uses of Hydra probably don't want to be beholden to TV Actors) but possible none the less. His philosophy would make sense in that regard as the more well funded Hydra are probably much more focused on political corruption/subterfuge, black market deals, and science projects... while Ward's Hydra looks to be shaping up to be an entire organization of strike team field operatives. Fiercely aggressive moves with no regard or respect for status or legacy could very well take out the more well funded group.

Varna

I really do wish they would go all out with the shared universe stuff. How much harm could Ward do being in 10 second scene were he gets knocked out by Captain America?

Hero

Went to the Marvel panel, talked briefly and vaguely about their tv plans. Coulson came out and took a few questions, someone asked about mutants and he said some characters are stuck in a bad universe called the copyright zone but he hopes one day they'll be rescued.

They showed off the next episode of Agents. Pretty good episode and there were quite a few scenes that got the crowd cheering. One scene in particular was really powerful and I can't wait to rewatch it.

kurahador

I really do wish they would go all out with the shared universe stuff. How much harm could Ward do being in 10 second scene were he gets knocked out by Captain America?

Agreed.

I hate how the movies just do whatever they want and tv writers has to put up with them.
It's like they're trying to keep this interconnected universe as a cheap gimmick.

guek

Banned

I'd love to see how Ward reacts to fighting someone completely out of his league. For as powerful as Daisy and the other Inhumans are, Ward is still pretty dangerous up close or with a gun. But against someone like Cap? He'd get brutally stomped. We haven't seen him get beat down like that when he's so confident in his abilities.

anaron

or just showing May alongside Fury and Maria. you don't need Coulson

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Went to the Marvel panel, talked briefly and vaguely about their tv plans. Coulson came out and took a few questions, someone asked about mutants and he said some characters are stuck in a bad universe called the copyright zone but he hopes one day they'll be rescued.

They showed off the next episode of Agents. Pretty good episode and there were quite a few scenes that got the crowd cheering. One scene in particular was really powerful and I can't wait to rewatch it.

Thanks for the report. I can't believe someone wasted a question on asking about mutants, though.

To put certain minds at ease in this thread (mine is not among them), can you confirm that Simmons' planetary expedition storyline will continue to be touched upon?

anaron

SPOIL ME

Hero

Thanks for the report. I can't believe someone wasted a question on asking about mutants, though.

To put certain minds at ease in this thread (mine is not among them), can you confirm that Simmons' planetary expedition storyline will continue to be touched upon?

Super duper NYCC exclusive spoilers:

Throughout the whole episode we get to see strange side effects of Simmons' experience and how it's effecting her.

Lincoln gets hunted the whole episode and used his powers in the cheesiest way possible each time.

More Hydra teasing.

Mack plays Halo.

Coulson admires the rival directors assets.

Simmons says she has to go back to the alien planet at the end of the episode.

ArtHands

I wouldn't mind May/Bobbi/Hunter take a break off AOS for like half season and go appear in the movie(s) to help Nick Fury/Maria, while the remaining Coulson's team focus on Secret Warriors story.

Super duper NYCC exclusive spoilers:

Throughout the whole episode we get to see strange side effects of Simmons' experience and how it's effecting her.

Lincoln gets hunted the whole episode and used his powers in the cheesiest way possible each time.

More Hydra teasing.

Mack plays Halo.

Coulson admires the rival directors assets.

Simmons says she has to go back to the alien planet at the end of the episode.

calling it
that alien planet is gonna connect to one of the new movies

What if... You know how Jemma survived on the alien world?

Jemma is an alien Skrull has been said... but the twist is she wasn't an Alien when she came back from the portal... She was a Skrull in disguise BEFORE we even met her? The KREE are in battle with the Skrull in the comic storyline since forever so its very possible.

Its not out of line that a Skull would infiltrate Shield to investigate and keep track on Earth.

duckroll

calling it
that alien planet is gonna connect to one of the new movies

No? SHIELD doesn't do that anymore, because it doesn't need to sell something else, it's interesting enough on its own now. I'm sick and tired of people think that the most interesting thing any plot can do in SHIELD is to tie in with a movie. It's really frustrating to even read.

Towards the end of Season 1, they teased the alien writing. At the start of Season 2, they introduced the Diviner. By the mid-season climax of Season 2 they tied both of those plot points together and led into the Inhumans plotline for the rest of the season.

Towards the end of Season 2, they teased the monolith. At the start of Season 3, they introduced the Alien Planet. By the mid-season climax of Season 3 I expect that they will tie it all together and lead into what they are doing for the second half of the season next year.

That is good planning and storytelling for an actual TV series. Not using major plot points as nothing more than throwaway teasers for unrelated movies.

k5tdDoJ.png

They played us like a damn fiddle... in season 1!

jmood88

You don't seem to understand how contracts or schedules work. Be realistic. It would be great if they could get Chris Evans or anyone else to show up and it's possible they will at some point but it's not like it's an easy thing to do.

Slayven

No? SHIELD doesn't do that anymore, because it doesn't need to sell something else, it's interesting enough on its own now. I'm sick and tired of people think that the most interesting thing any plot can do in SHIELD is to tie in with a movie. It's really frustrating to even read.

Towards the end of Season 1, they teased the alien writing. At the start of Season 2, they introduced the Diviner. By the mid-season climax of Season 2 they tied both of those plot points together and led into the Inhumans plotline for the rest of the season.

Towards the end of Season 2, they teased the monolith. At the start of Season 3, they introduced the Alien Planet. By the mid-season climax of Season 3 I expect that they will tie it all together and lead into what they are doing for the second half of the season next year.

That is good planning and storytelling for an actual TV series. Not using major plot points as nothing more than throwaway teasers for unrelated movies.
Preach

D i Z

Yeah, I've really been over this talk of Agents needing to cater to the movies for some kind of validation for a good long while now. It's a complete waste of time to setup anything to be squeezed into the films as background information or an Easter egg for the show fans. The only time the show should ever bend over backwards to setup movie lore is for any movie based of the show and it's existing world itself.

Varna

You don't seem to understand how contracts or schedules work. Be realistic. It would be great if they could get Chris Evans or anyone else to show up and it's possible they will at some point but it's not like it's an easy thing to do.

Never said it would be easy. It definitely doesn't feel like they are trying very hard at this point though.

Finally got around to watching the two episodes out. Was putting it off cause while I thought S2 was okay, I wasn't too thrilled going into S3.

Really stellar start to the season though. First two episodes were pretty damn good and the pacing was great too. I was pretty sure they'd drag the Simmons stranded plot out a few more episodes at least, but nope.

I'm already eye-rolling the Ward plotline though. Only thing I don't care for. Really had enough of Ward/Hydra, but that's just me.

anaron

man, Lincoln and Skaisy is so fucking forced and lame.

And thus, from the ashes a new ship was born.

One greater and mightier than all before it.

One that sailed itself.
lol my first thoughts exactly. I'm totally here for those two, their chemistry is so great.

There's oddly no synopsis yet (ABC normally releases them on Monday afternoons these days), but the title of the next episode is
"4,722 Hours," which sounds like it'll deal with Simmons' time on the alien planet.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
There's oddly no synopsis yet (ABC normally releases them on Monday afternoons these days), but the title of the next episode is
"4,722 Hours," which sounds like it'll deal with Simmons' time on the alien planet.

But that's
almost 197 days, about 6½ months, but the showrunners said the hiatus only lasted about three months!
wtf

Is the show getting enough ratings to keep going? I binged watched Seasons 1 and 2 and got caught up on Season 3s first episodes today and I love this show. It starts rough but gets damn good. Love pretty much the entire cast.

I hope we get at least one or two more seasons
We're almost guaranteed a fourth season thanks to the economics of syndication.

Top Bottom