• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Andrew is Lash, confirmed. That's why he left May last season.

Dammit Gordon!
herman-cain-smile.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Marvel doesn't have rights to Skrulls do they?
I imagine Constantin would have it with Fantastic Four.

They have rights to the skrull race, everything skrull, except Super Skrull (the one that has the Fantastic Four superpowers)

HeySeuss

You guys are cray. No way Andrew is Lash. Lash doesn't make slow decisions on worthiness, which is what Andrew would do interviewing them.

Lash is that lady's main henchman that looks like he hates the world.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
YEP Andrew is so totally Lash. They just showed some random dead feet, and Strucker Jr was way too afraid of what he was running away from.

Or if he's not Lash, he still totally burgered those guys some other way.

Theory

Lash is the bald guy and whats her name is in on it. Thats what she whispered to him. They were always gonna kill that inhuman but she can't afford for Daisy to get murdered and Coulson to start war with them. She told him to attack and kill that inhuman and spare Daisy.

Boom

HeySeuss

YEP Andrew is so totally Lash. They just showed some random dead feet, and Strucker Jr was way too afraid of what he was running away from.

Or if he's not Lash, he still totally burgered those guys some other way.

I can buy he's still alive, but I think it's more likely May showed him how to defend himself knowing the enemy would eventually come after him to get to May.

anaron

from the screen crush review

Let’s get one thing out of the way – there’s no way that tonight’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. really killed off Andrew. I don’t mean to suggest that anything about those final sequences lacked for tension and well-constructed action, but rather the fact we only saw nondescript boots and blood of the floor of the convenience store, along with the general chaos of the scene, says a lot. Not to mention, Werner von Strucker did not appear to be in control of that scene when he frantically took cover from the explosion.

My guess? Andrew will turn out to have undergone terrigenesis and become an Inhuman, not just for the seemingly staged death, but also the various pieces “Devils You Know” seemed to lay down along the way. Not only would it afford Andrew the best perspective to counsel other Inhumans going through a similar change, but tonight’s installment went out of its way to remind us of the “cocoons” at multiple points, sandwiching the fact that Andrew supposedly disappeared on May for a matter of weeks. Hint

http://screencrush.com/agents-of-sh...terfeed&utm_medium=facebook&trackback=tsmclip

makes sense to me

MoveableObject

Neo Member
So about the fact that strawberries taste different to Simmons. Strawberries and pickles together were supposed to make a really tasty meal to Skrulls. I don't actually believe that they would use real Skrulls here at this point, but yeah.

So about the fact that strawberries taste different to Simmons. Strawberries and pickles together were supposed to make a really tasty meal to Skrulls. I don't actually believe that they would use real Skrulls here at this point, but yeah.

I am questioning if she is for sure human. Or possibly, inhuman. That moment where she talks about losing hope and Andrew looks at her weird and really wants to know whats up.

Not sure if I buy the whole Skrull thing, and I'm confused where that theory comes from. What evidence do we have that she is a Skrull?

SRG01

Not sure if I buy the whole Skrull thing, and I'm confused where that theory comes from. What evidence do we have that she is a Skrull?

There isn't. It's fan speculation like how Ward is Taskmaster.

edit: I just realized something. Lash's motivation in the books and Andrew's role as a psychiatrist really plays well together, so I wouldn't discount it as a crazy theory.

Agents of SHIELD (616 Universe) comic launches in January- here's the cover:

SHIELD2016001_cov.jpg

AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. #1
MARC GUGGENHEIM (w) • GERMAN PERALTA (a)
Cover by MIKE NORTON
VARIANT COVER BY TBA
HIP-HOP VARIANT COVER BY DAVE JOHNSON
MAOS VARIANT COVER BY JIM CHEUNG
DEADPOOL VARIANT COVER BY TBA
It’s high-stakes espionage in the Marvel Universe in this brand-new series inspired by the hit television showMarvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Tony Stark guest-stars in the beginning of “THE COULSON PROTOCOLS.”
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Good Episode.

This is what Agents of Shield feel like per season:

Season One - X Files + Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season Two - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Season Three - LOST

dabig2

Good Episode.

This is what Agents of Shield feel like per season:

Season One - X Files + Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season Two - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Season Three - LOST

S2 was pretty LOST too with all the subterfuge, backstabbing, emotional score, and crazy mystical temples and old societies. Hell, even got an immortal kinda. Thankfully, the Inhumans had Gordon for travel instead of videogame submarines and the wheel of time.

duckroll

Hahahaha, there's no fucking way Andrew is dead. Which means, Hydra sucks so much they couldn't even take out an unarmed psychologist with 5 guys and prep time. Or maybe he's Lash. (lol)

I liked the banter this week a lot. Some great exchanges. Laser fingers! It's classified! Funny stuff. Hunter is a fucking dumbass though. Glad we're finally going to find out the truth behind the alien planet soon. It should kickstart the next phase of the season nicely.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm leaning toward the theory that Andrew is Lash and he tore through some Hydra henchmen in there before Strucker dropped a match and ran. It's making the most sense to me right now.

Really liking Skye and Mac buddy cop.
Is it budget because most of these settings looked like studios

Gray Hulk finally on tv and played by Lou Ferrigno

I looked at Ward differently now after finishing Until Dawn recently.

Looking forward next week. I hope that Planet is really different not just Earth in blue filter

Mariolee

Holy crap. Agents of SHIELD is killing it with the twists if this is true.

I am starting to feel a little worn out by how pedestrian some of the show is. The "oh, now you've made a mess of all my papers" and "let me set this shot of me looking out the window to make sure there's no danger" tropes. I dunno, I get why it's necessary but eh. Feels very amateurish to me.

Same feeling with The Flash, but at least The Flash embraces its campiness more.

Still really dug this episode and cannot wait for next week.

jb1234

Ward only becomes interesting when he's interacting with a member of his old team (like May). All the scenes of him building Hydra and talking with his henchmen (including that annoying Strucker kid) put me to sleep.

The Inhuman stuff is the most interesting to me at this point, which is surprising since I thought I was over them by the end of last season.

Really liking Skye and Mac buddy cop.
Yep, my favorite part of the season so far also. They work really well together. Bobbi and Fitz are a good combo too. Jemma's story is really intriguing, and I'm even warming up the Phil/Rosalind thing, which worked way better in this episode.

Hunter's "quest" is the only thing that's not sitting well with me. It was a bad idea from the start, and I'm surprised that May let him go as far as he did.

Kyou

I like to imagine that Ward walks into a room ahead of time, surveys it carefully, and then tells a couple henchmen to paint a hydra logo on the wall because in a couple hours he's going to say something really evil and he wants it over his shoulder

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I really liked this episode, felt like way more stuff happened after the last one.

So, the fact that they're doing the whole "[Lash] could be anyone!" thing means that it's probably someone already introduced in the show. The candidates if this is true are few, basically just Andrew and Banks. (Although Banks was already on the scene when we saw the shadow of Lash through the door)

BUT, I kinda hope they don't do that to Lash, Lash is cool as he is, making him have a "human" disguise/name is dumb.

EDIT: Heck, I hope they go full religious nutjob on Lash, they seemed to be setting it up like that. Though the fact that he didn't take the opportunity to kill Daisy/Quake is weird.

AMUSIX

Put me in the "Andrew is Lash" camp...at least from what we've seen so far. Clearly setting it up for the "Gasp! he's not really dead!" moment...and his staring at DupliKate through the glass now means more...and his unexplained leaving of May.

Right now Season 3 is a little shakey. Too many threads going on, and they need to start bringing them together. Hopefully with Bobbi going back into the field (she seemed on the verge) and Hunter's hunting of Ward closing up a bit, they'll do this. Focus just on the Lash issue and the other planet, and we're good.

Top Bottom