• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

That was kind of expected though right?

They don't have the budget to do him justice, so it's better they have their own version that works within the confines of the show.

Could always be worse, could be another season 1 Deathlok...
It isn't just physical looks, it's that they've seemingly changed the character. Why even bother pulling him from the comics if you're not going to bother doing it right?

Johndoey

Banned
It's the same problem Hannibal ran into re: women- they kept gender-swapping all the male parts, only to run into an issue where all the future victims were now women. Kind of unavoidable given the genre here.
Hannibal kept dodging kills and shifting them to other characters, but yeah if season 4 rolled around they would've had to off at least Alana and Lounds probably.

Geist-

I still think Hunter should suffer for his immense stupidity, but so should Ward for not just tell everyone what these agents look like. The second one is just awful writing at work but still.

He doesn't even have to tell all of his troops what the enemy looks like, I'm surprised no one ever took a picture of him and showed it to Ward. You'd think the Director of a major intelligence organization would want to know what his agents look like before a major operation.

Deadly

I like the idea that Andrew is Lash but why would he go around killing all these inhumans? That other guy said maybe it's because some of them just want to be normal but he's outright killing without knowing their intentions whatsoever.

dorikyasu

If Andrew really did not die, then I believe he might been a member of HYDRA all along.
Belonging to a different faction than Ward's nu-HYDRA. Working from inside, gathering information on SHIELD & Inhumans, etc.
And now thanks to Ward/Strucker Jr.'s mess of a plan, he had to fake his own death...

TheChaos

So is that Joey guy actually going to be a part of the story or is he just going to be a one-off character we never hear from again?

Either way, it was a supreme asshole move. He was willing sacrifice Andrew for his own vengeance against Ward for almost killing someone he loved.

That's what I'm saying. How would their relationship turn out if Andrew died as a result of Hunter's assholeishness (and he still failed in his attempt to kill Ward).

To be fair, there was no reason to believe Ward was going to spare Andrew anyway. The guy's a complete psychopath.
Still, it was pretty apparent from his reaction that Hunter wasn't considering this when he chose to act.

Sadist

Good episode again

- "Oh man, I had to jinx it" I'm really liking the Daisy/Mack pairing
- Hunter going in alone was pretty dumb. Still, Ward's face after seeing May arrive on the scene was amazing.
- "Be careful, it has laser fingers"
- "Does it have laserfingers?" "That's classified" That Phil and Rosalind tension. I like this eny-mance.
- Lash transforming into a human is surprising.
- Killing off Andrew and not showing his dead body... and a distraught Werner? Yeah, Andrew is Inhuman. But not Lash. Wonder what his power will be.
- Simmons spilling the beans. Aww yiisss.

As for Lash, we'll get a Whedon-like twist. You know this will happen.

Another thing about Andrew being alive/Lash is that Werner was alone when he ran out of the building when it exploded. Perhaps the rest of the Hydra agents got zapped.

So is that Joey guy actually going to be a part of the story or is he just going to be a one-off character we never hear from again?
I think he's going to be coming back. The actor keeps tweeting about SHIELD every week so I think he's involved more than just a one off guest spot.

Judging by the shadow Lash seemed like a pretty short dude. I *think* bald too

The shadow isn't going to be a good clue, as it was CGI and not meant to be an outline of anyone really specific.

I think Lash is actually an Inhuman Failsafe that activates to get rid of the ones that would be too powerful.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This doesn't make sense at all... "Super Soldier" Ward and his whole organisation were more or less destroyed by Lance and May alone ? Didn't even need any kind of Backuo lol

Yeah I know Ward won't survive this season but his display of abilities this episode was quite different from what he has shown in the past.

The inhuman/Daisy plot is getting more interesting though.

I think Simmons is Lash

This would make no sense at all. Simmons has her own storyline going on.

This doesn't make sense at all... "Super Soldier" Ward and his whole organisation were more or less destroyed by Lance and May alone ? Didn't even need any kind of Backuo lol

Yeah I know Ward won't survive this season but his display of abilities this episode was quite different from what he has shown in the past.

You have to remember that way back in episode one, Ward was presented in both action and words as a complete fucking badass.

He was initially presented as our surrogate into SHIELD.

It's genius storytelling, really. The perceived main character is the main villain. Much more well done than in Dollhouse.

Slayven

He is was rercuiting methheads and buying guns of randoms. Of course his shotgun shack Hydra failed.

Man Mack has horrible chemistry with Daisy. Horrible acting in general but seriously depressing me.

His acting is swoll all the time, and no range.

Volimar

You have to remember that way back in episode one, Ward was presented in both action and words as a complete fucking badass.

It's genius storytelling, really. The perceived main character is the main villain. Much more well done than in Dollhouse.

When was Echo the villain in Dollhouse?

Johndoey

Banned

Honestly Skye was always the main, the flip they did with Ward was fantastic, but it was always Skye's show.
Also it feels like they aren't sure what to do with Ward dudes just kinda there right now.

KarmaCow

That's what I'm saying. How would their relationship turn out if Andrew died as a result of Hunter's assholeishness (and he still failed in his attempt to kill Ward).

I don't think it matters too much either way, Hunter still made that decision after dragging May out of retirement and into this mess. There should still be significant fallout from this but yea, it's going to be overshadowed by whatever explanation there will be for Andrew not being dead.

Man Mack has horrible chemistry with Daisy. Horrible acting in general but seriously depressing me.

Dude has an amazing voice though and I like his character as a mechanic reluctantly shoved in this new role. He was good with Fitz last season too.

Tobor

Just caught up. Wowza! No way Andrew is dead. He's gotta be an inhuman.

I was hoping the divining rod guy would live long enough to out another character as inhuman. Maybe Jemma? Oh well.

Volimar

It'd have been better if they hadn't shown the body laying there and just had Strucker run from the burning building. They pretty much telegraphed that Andrew is still alive.

Also it feels like they aren't sure what to do with Ward dudes just kinda there right now.

Yeah Wards arc this season so far sucks, which is a bummer because I like the character. His story is just sort of.....there. Also why do I keep seeing people say Ward is dying this season? Is there evidence of this or something or just fan theory?

Also you guys are crazy Mack is one of the best characters on the show

Johndoey

Banned
Fitz is lash
Writers are playing the long game with Fitz who has been a skrull the entire series sent to control Lash an asset gone wild.Boom. Lash is an immortal sleeper agent placed on earth by the skrulls to be activated if the inhuman scourge popped back up. But over the years of traveling and offing any in humans he detects he develops a conscience ad his programming erodes to the point at which he developed a separate personality Andrew who manifests as his human form.The massive influx of new inhumans reactivates Lash which causes Andrew to leave May and undergo memory alteration to forget what he is. This is why he didn't kill Daisy since even in his Lash persona he feels an attachment to her. Fitz has been searching for Lash to put him down but he can't accurately track Lash because of Daisy's throbbing inhuman energy masking his signature.

lol bro

Africanus

Ward needs a modern day version of his own Howling Commandos. Four or five regular guys and gals who are decent in a combat situation along with the expendables.

Because when it takes only two people to take down your base and have you limping to the back of
The official car of ISIS™
a Toyota Pick-up, I think something failed.

SeppOCE

Another thing about Andrew being alive/Lash is that Werner was alone when he ran out of the building when it exploded. Perhaps the rest of the Hydra agents got zapped.

Also the way everything was placed in that scene with the blood was really sloppy. Unless Andrew fought off everyone except the seemingly weakest person there, got fucked up and was just left there there's no way he's dead.

Johndoey

Banned
Ward needs a modern day version of his own Howling Commandos. Four or five regular guys and gals who are decent in a combat situation along with the expendables.

Because when it takes only two people to take down your base and have you limping to the back of
The official car of ISIS™
a Toyota Pick-up, I think something failed.
Yeah he does need some tough dudes to go with the mooks. Or at least a cooler hideout, even some alien tech would help.

Plz someone save Ward from the trash heap.

Ward's storyline is just...tragic. Hunter is dumb as rocks.

I'd really like Mack to be Lash, but he can't be. I hope they bring up Mack being a Kree Attack Dog again in some meaningful way.

They need to do something with him cause fuuuuck he's boring as shit through and through. His character is basically "make stupid quip", "aim weapon at baddie", "get tossed around like a ragdoll because get it? Muscle guy getting tossed around easily!", "make quip about what it felt like hit him when he wakes up".

His acting is swoll all the time, and no range.

For real.

Top Bottom