• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

jmood88

There's a couple reasons for why you would use a different actor.

It would make it less obvious who it is for one thing. If Andrew's actor put on the makeup, you could probably tell who it was :p
You're gonna be like Fatherbrain was with "they'll never introduce Inhumans on this show" with this thing, aren't you?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Not joking this thought has crossed my mind, but I think he's just dead still.

Until I see evidence otherwise I'm staying with the Andrew theory. Seems to have the most "evidence" so far

The scene with Lash and the van happened in Baltimore, Andrew was in West Virginia at the time.

So far, every episode has featured Bobbi going "Sir, I want to go in the field." and Coulson saying "No, you're not ready yet."

It's getting old. I thought putting Bobbi in the lab would make for an interesting dynamic; a field-agent doing/learning science, which the team benefits from later on when she redeploys into the field, doing on-site research. Instead, it's Bobbi in the gym, complaining about her knee and acting as a hook for others to express their emotions. I'm half expecting Lash to turn up in the next episode on her doorstep because he needs to talk about what's bothering him.

The IT-guy's reaction to Coulson's robo-hand was great though.

I'm okay with a Bobbi working out scene in every episode, honestly.

guek

Banned
this fitz - simmons are they/aren't they is even worse than chuck and sarah walker in chuck

ugh lol
They clearly will, it's now just a matter of when. I'm fine with that since it makes their road bumpy and interesting.

There's a fine line between interesting and convoluted though and they've clearly crossed that line for some people.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
this fitz - simmons are they/aren't they is even worse than chuck and sarah walker in chuck

ugh lol

The "goodnight Fitz" line in the scene for next week was pretty sweet.

Slacka

New episode of the "This Week in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is there now

http://marvel.com/files/podcasts/mcom_this_week_shield_28.mp3

Definitely seems that the is he or isn't he dead speculation was their intention, as this was recorded over a month ago before any fan reaction to the ambiguity of that scene. Also interesting to learn that it looks like Simmons' time on the planet wont just be parts of the next episode, but quite possibly the entire episode next week as at the end he actually mentions we will have to wait 2 weeks to find out Andrew's fate.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
New episode of the "This Week in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is there now

http://marvel.com/files/podcasts/mcom_this_week_shield_28.mp3

Definitely seems that the is he or isn't he dead speculation was their intention, as this was recorded over a month ago before any fan reaction to the ambiguity of that scene. Also interesting to learn that it looks like Simmons' time on the planet wont just be parts of the next episode, but quite possibly the entire episode next week as at the end he actually mentions we will have to wait 2 weeks to find out Andrew's fate.

I know some will hate it but I'll be super happy if the next episode is just Simmons.

Quick

Banned
I don't buy into Andrew being Lash at all.

Tripp? Maybe.

Andrew being Inhuman? Maybe. He disappeared on May for a time, and there's that scene of him looking for some medicine or vitamins (maybe fish oil supplements?) that could lend to some credibility to that theory.

Slacka

I know some will hate it but I'll be super happy if the next episode is just Simmons.

Absolutely the same, I would love to see a full hour of Simmons just trying to survive and gradually losing hope until she eventually gives up as she said to Andrew, only for her to look up and see the flare...

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Andrew is not dead, also not Lash, but likely an inhuman, or special badass agent or something.

what if Lash

is Cal
Came to post this, doubt it but would be funny :p
And kinda want Kyle MacLachlan back

TheDanimal

I actually give that about 10% chance because he's a morpher and because Tahiti can fuck you up.

I realize the lash is cal thing is a joke
that i wish was true COME BACK CAL ;_;
but they pretty explicitly said he wasn't an inhuman, right? He created his Hyde-serum-thing to get powers since he wasn't inhuman, at least that's how I understood it.

baltimore and West Virginia are, like, right next to each other, though

it's only an hour and a half drive from Martinsville to baltimore

Did you mean Martinsburg?

And it depends greatly on where in West Virginia you're talking about... it's a five hour drive between Baltimore and New Martinsville, for example.

AMUSIX

If Cal is Lash, it would explain both why he wants to destroy inhumans (in his corrupted mind, blaming them for ruining his family) and why he wouldn't attack Daisy.

So, yeah, #calislash

ha

i coulda swore he directly said he shot the dog when he was capture i think

At the time, people were divided because of what he did to Fitz and Simmons.

If he was redeemable Ward, then by ejecting them into the ocean he gave them a chance to survive instead of just shooting them. Ergo, Ward didn't shoot the dog.

If he was irredeemable Ward, then he shot the dog.

As we eventually see, he's irredeemable psychopath Ward, so he shot the dog.

Dai101

Banned
what if Lash

is Cal

3MB4fFh.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
just sayin, how do we know Cal doesn't have the inhuman dna? We never saw him touch a diviner, did we?

If he did so, he would have died if he was just human. So either he never touched one or he did and had the necessary genetic markers, right?

Zero-ELEC

Banned

If he was redeemable Ward, then by ejecting them into the ocean he gave them a chance to survive instead of just shooting them. Ergo, Ward didn't shoot the dog.

Actually, it was Agent 33 that later confirmed that Ward shot the dog. (The exchange actually showed how Ward refused to take responsibility for the killing, as well; she described it as "Garret [forcing] him to shoot his dog", probably how he described it to her. Given that the dog was already free, and running away, he had no reason to yet he still did because, y'know, irredeemable psychopath.)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

This is starting to feel like a Schroedinger's Cat experiment. Ward both has shot and has not shot the dog at the same time.

Rosur

I don't buy into Andrew being Lash at all.

Tripp? Maybe.

Andrew being Inhuman? Maybe. He disappeared on May for a time, and there's that scene of him looking for some medicine or vitamins (maybe fish oil supplements?) that could lend to some credibility to that theory.

Doubt it's andrew, I was thinking its that main ACU marine who talks to Rosalind is Lash as we don't hear what they say before they get into the van.

Yeah, not buying that Andrew is dead.

yea really doubting it as well.

ward DID shoot the dog though

Nope.

No he didn't, his brother is lying and Ward is still redeemable /s

It's not about redeemable Ward. It's about character arc. He wasn't fully gone until Then-Skye shot him.

i coulda swore he directly said he shot the dog when he was capture i think

Nope.

At the time there was speculation. But at this point it's a clear character arc for Ward. He wasn't completely gone in S1 but was only doing what he felt he owed but as each season has progressed, the events have pushed him further and further towards Chaotic Evil.

Honestly it's pretty obvious at this point that Ward and Skye Daisy have opposing character Arcs.

Top Bottom