• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

There was no pay off for having baby Strucker be one of Andrew's students. I thought they were going to pull that thread for at least 5-6 episodes. He literally could've strolled up in the store with the lighter, not knowing Andrew, and that whole scene would've been the same. Kinda weird.

Should've done a "private study session" in his office.

I don't think Andrew is Lash because usually when Lash attacks someone it doesn't leave a bloody mess. Just blows a hole through them and that cauterizes all the blood.

I do agree though that Andrew is inhuman and is still alive, just not Lash.

Dai101

Banned
I really miss Tripp.

Me too..

kmfHzsb.jpg

jmood88

Judging by the shadow Lash seemed like a pretty short dude. I *think* bald too
He was also skinny. I have no idea how people are seeing Ward's henchman as Lash (or Andrew for that matter. He definitely isn't dead/has powers but there's nothing to suggest that he's Lash).

GrizzNKev

Banned
Writers are playing the long game with Fitz who has been a skrull the entire series sent to control Lash an asset gone wild.Boom. Lash is an immortal sleeper agent placed on earth by the skrulls to be activated if the inhuman scourge popped back up. But over the years of traveling and offing any in humans he detects he develops a conscience ad his programming erodes to the point at which he developed a separate personality Andrew who manifests as his human form.The massive influx of new inhumans reactivates Lash which causes Andrew to leave May and undergo memory alteration to forget what he is. This is why he didn't kill Daisy since even in his Lash persona he feels an attachment to her. Fitz has been searching for Lash to put him down but he can't accurately track Lash because of Daisy's throbbing inhuman energy masking his signature.

lol bro

throbbing

Dennis

Banned
Trump/Ward 2016

I need Ward to kill one of the big name Shield agents this season. Hunter maybe. Or Mack.

May would be best but I doubt they will let her go.

antispin

He was also skinny. I have no idea how people are seeing Ward's henchman as Lash (or Andrew for that matter. He definitely isn't dead/has powers but there's nothing to suggest that he's Lash).

I don't see that either. My only submission is that the shadow seemed to belong to a short, balding person; was almost a child's. Maybe it's Stick #itsallconnected

In other news: Aunt May's makeup is scary. Andrew is boring. Skye is hot. Hunter needs more protein. Skye is hot. Ward needs a better plot. Skye is hot

Geist-

Trump/Ward 2016

I need Ward to kill one of the big name Shield agents this season. Hunter maybe. Or Mack.

May would be best but I doubt they will let her go.
Hunter I think is most likely, but I really don't want anyone to die.

Except Skye/Daisy. She is seriously annoying and needs either a major shift in how her character acts or she needs to die. But I doubt any of that will happen, they seem to want to invest a lot of effort into developing her character, despite that character coming across as a whiney, woe-is-me-I-have-superpowers crybaby who is constantly fighting everything Coulson says.

...sorry, just needed to rant a bit. :p

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Hunter I think is most likely, but I really don't want anyone to die.

Except Skye/Daisy. She is seriously annoying and needs either a major shift in how her character acts or she needs to die. But I doubt any of that will happen, they seem to want to invest a lot of effort into developing her character, despite that character coming across as a whiney, woe-is-me-I-have-superpowers crybaby who is constantly fighting everything Coulson says.

...sorry, just needed to rant a bit. :p

I don't get any of that from her, except for her fighting everything Coulson says, which makes sense because he's making bad decisions working with the ACTU.

Moaradin

Just watched the episode. Seems pretty clear that Andrew is Lash. In the scene where he "died", you never actually get a good look at the body on the floor. The only thing you can tell is that the body is wearing black pants, but they never shows you Andrews lower half during any of those scenes. Probably intentionally so. Also, the spoiled Hydra kid ran out of the explosion alone... without any of his Hydra buddies that were there, and he looked terrified.

Also explains why Andrew left May randomly and is being all secretive about it.

I'm not sure I subscribe to the idea of Andrew being Lash. I think it's more likely that Andrew is secretly a badass agent himself and May never knew.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
So far, every episode has featured Bobbi going "Sir, I want to go in the field." and Coulson saying "No, you're not ready yet."

It's getting old. I thought putting Bobbi in the lab would make for an interesting dynamic; a field-agent doing/learning science, which the team benefits from later on when she redeploys into the field, doing on-site research. Instead, it's Bobbi in the gym, complaining about her knee and acting as a hook for others to express their emotions. I'm half expecting Lash to turn up in the next episode on her doorstep because he needs to talk about what's bothering him.

The IT-guy's reaction to Coulson's robo-hand was great though.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Just caught up. Wowza! No way Andrew is dead. He's gotta be an inhuman.

I was hoping the divining rod guy would live long enough to out another character as inhuman. Maybe Jemma? Oh well.

Lash probably killed him because he wanted to keep his identity secret.

mjc

I'm not sure why Andrew would make such a big deal out of helping Inhumans if he's Lash...although he was staring pretty creepily at that redheaded chick.

duckroll

I'm not sure why Andrew would make such a big deal out of helping Inhumans if he's Lash...although he was staring pretty creepily at that redheaded chick.

Has he really helped any of them though? Seems like all he's been doing for all these months has been keeping all of them away from the field, and telling the leadership that they're not ready and that they're a danger to themselves and others. Maybe if it were up to him, they shouldn't even be alive!

jmood88

Just watched the episode. Seems pretty clear that Andrew is Lash. In the scene where he "died", you never actually get a good look at the body on the floor. The only thing you can tell is that the body is wearing black pants, but they never shows you Andrews lower half during any of those scenes. Probably intentionally so. Also, the spoiled Hydra kid ran out of the explosion alone... without any of his Hydra buddies that were there, and he looked terrified.

Also explains why Andrew left May randomly and is being all secretive about it.
It's clear that he's not a regular guy but there's nothing that points to him being Lash.

How can Andrew be Lash when Lash was away in another city being tracked by Daisy/Mack/Coulson at the same time all the stuff with Ward/May/Hunter was going down?

There was never any mention of Andrew teaching at a school near where Daisy/Mack/Coulson were at. Were they all in the same city? Seems unlikely.

I had thought MACK was LASH for a while, but since he wound up injured in the truck with Daisy, that killed that idea.

It would have made more sense for Mack to be "Jekyll and Hyde", so to speak. But they killed that idea at the end of the last episode. And I think they fought each other once or twice with a witness around, so he couldn't be Lash.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
How can Andrew be Lash when Lash was away in another city being tracked by Daisy/Mack/Coulson at the same time all the stuff with Ward/May/Hunter was going down?

There was never any mention of Andrew teaching at a school near where Daisy/Mack/Coulson were at. Were they all in the same city? Seems unlikely.

I had thought MACK was LASH for a while, but since he wound up injured in the truck with Daisy, that killed that idea.

It would have made more sense for Mack to be "Jekyll and Hyde", so to speak. But they killed that idea at the end of the last episode. And I think they fought each other once or twice with a witness around, so he couldn't be Lash.

This scene should've put that idea to rest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGTWMnnJZZc

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Andrew is not Lash, it makes no sense. For one thing we know the actor playing Lash and I don't think they're going to go with a different actor for the transformed version since Lash will have dialogue, it's not a Lou Ferrigno/Bill Bixby situation.

agents-of-shield-casts-nfl-veteran-as-villain-lash.jpg

I do think Andrew is inhuman though, it would explain why he had to leave May at the time when all outbreaks started occurring.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Andrew is not Lash, it makes no sense. For one thing we know the actor playing Lash and I don't think they're going to go with a different actor for the transformed version since Lash will have dialogue, it's not a Lou Ferrigno/Bill Bixby situation.

Didn't Lash shrink down when he turned human though?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Didn't Lash shrink down when he turned human though?

Yeah but he'll still have regular dialogue as Lash, he's not like the Hulk. It makes no sense to use a different actor for him because it would be obvious it's not Blair Underwood.

pf2d2c9q5z2pzeguecbx.jpg

See Kyle MacLachlan playing Mr Hyde transformed.

Moaradin

There's a couple reasons for why you would use a different actor.

It would make it less obvious who it is for one thing. If Andrew's actor put on the makeup, you could probably tell who it was :p

Top Bottom