• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Kaiterra

Banned
Let's be honest, the way things have gone for Fitz, Will's gonna come back and Simmons and him will realize it was all just desperation and all that and then when Fitz thinks he has a shot again, they'll find out Simmons is pregnant. It's gonna be a girl and then Fitz is gonna wait 18 years and then try to hook up with her only to find out she's a lesbian.

lol okay I can see that.

Luigi87

Let's be honest, the way things have gone for Fitz, Will's gonna come back and Simmons and him will realize it was all just desperation and all that and then when Fitz thinks he has a shot again, they'll find out Simmons is pregnant. It's gonna be a girl and then Fitz is gonna wait 18 years and then try to hook up with her only to find out she's a lesbian.

... And just in time for the sun rise.

Dai101

Banned
Ha ha oh man... Brutal!

I guess when he was yelling "Jemmmmaaaa" on the other side, she was screaming "Biiiiiiillll"

CCJzQmQ.gif

:(

I loved how this episode was such a smart and easy, natural to flesh out Gemma so much.

Without a doubt, she got fleshed just fineeeeee

I liked this episode, but for an episode set almost entirely on an alien planet, it felt a bit cramped and unambitious. I dunno, I think they could have made the planet more, y'know, alien, even given the obvious budget constraints, without sacrificing the narrative thrust of this episode too much.

Oh well, looking forward to the reveal of whatever "it" is.

Look, we're not focusing on what's really important. We've got an astronaut who lost 14 years of his life on a hellplanet. Doesn't he deserve a win? Doesn't he deserve to be happy with Simmons, maybe even have a kid with her? Doesn't he deserve to get back home?

The only person who can decide he deserves to pump a baby into Simmons and live the good life with her is Simmons. Only fedora tippers and dudebros think otherwise.

Anyway, he was sent on a mission by the American Gov, he deserves to come back home. If he DID pump a baby into Simmons he deserves the chance to raise his child with her.

SRG01

So how were we supposed to interpret that ending? That he's still alive, or that there's something more going on. It seemed a little ominous to me.

It will be like the movie Pearl Harbor. Will dies so Jemma doesn't have to make a choice. Leaving Fitz there to take care of another man's baby.

Khezu

I'll jump aboard the Sky/Fitz train if it means Lincoln goes away forever.

Next episode looks fun, wonder how that May wanting to kill Hunter thing is going to play out.
And more Ward is also welcome.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The only person who can decide he deserves to pump a baby into Simmons and live the good life with her is Simmons. Only fedora tippers and dudebros think otherwise.

Anyway, he was sent on a mission by the American Gov, he deserves to come back home. If he DID pump a baby into Simmons he deserves the chance to raise his child with her.

Man, you're replying to the guy who posted this earlier in this thread:

My suggestion that NASA Dude deserves a win and a Jemma and a baby was, of course, a joke post.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
That was a fantastic episode. It went by so fast.

Poor Fitz, that look on his face when it cut back to them :(

So I wonder if "it" will come back to Earth with Will, or instead of Will if they go the tragic route, and become the main antagonist for the back half of the season.

KarmaCow

When Will dies or whatever, I can't wait to see how they top Jemma meeting hot astronaut dude on an alien planet as a roadblock for FitzSimmons. The meeting between Fitz and Will should be great too.

Shield has aircraft carriers that fly and turn invisible.

Well you can only stretch the suspension of disbelief so far though.

I guess my expectations for this planet is just too high

it's nothing more than Earth with Blue Instagram effect that budget restriction.

I'm surprised nothing happened between these two. The guy must be thirsty seeing Simmons

It was ok plot-wise

Now that I've had time to soak it in, I wasn't as big of a fan of this episode. In fact, I may have disliked it.

Thought it was lame to have Simmons have a pal on the planet and the sandstorm hallucinations were very anticlimactic for the buildup they've been doing. Also Martian dude's actions made very little sense at the beginning and I don't buy his explanation for why he was such a jerk to Simmons. Also thought the phone thing was dumb.

Glad they made out though. I hate FitzSimmons as a pair and I hope they never get together (or at least delay their relationship as long as possible)

KarmaCow

I hate FitzSimmons as a pair and I hope they never get together (or at least delay their relationship as long as possible)

It was nice, refreshing even, when they were just friends who cared for each other, kinda like Sherlock and Watson in Elementary or early X-Files Mulder and Scully but then they ruined it with this "will they wont they" crap. This latest development was hilarious but I do hope they either just move on or get together.

When watching this episode I just remembered the person who said "what if Jemma met someone and wants to go back. Fitz friendzoned to another solar system."

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I guess my expectations for this planet is just too high

it's nothing more than Earth with Blue Instagram effect that budget restriction.

I'm surprised nothing happened between these two. The guy must be thirsty seeing Simmons

It was ok plot-wise

did you miss a scene or something

I'm kinda disappointed, nothing major really happened at all for such a different feeling episode.

Only interesting thing that was the "It" but I can't really get excited for it since it was barely explored.

It was nice, refreshing even, when they were just friends who cared for each other, kinda like Sherlock and Watson in Elementary or early X-Files Mulder and Scully but then they ruined it with this "will they wont they" crap. This latest development was hilarious but I do hope they either just move on or get together.
I thought the "will they won't they crap" was apparent from their first scenes of the show together and it was shoved down my throat so hard, I threw it out and burned it. Season 1 made sure I'll never want to see them together ever.

(I really really really really REALLY hate Season 1. S2 is amazing though)

KarmaCow

I thought the "will they won't they crap" was apparent from their first scenes of the show together and it was shoved down my throat so hard, I threw it out and burned it. Season 1 made sure I'll never want to see them together ever.

(I really really really really REALLY hate Season 1. S2 is amazing though)

Oh it was telegraphed and expected but it didn't immediately start out like where we are now. It's just that they managed to and continue to subvert some expectations with Ward, I was kinda hoping they would with those two as well.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I was kinda hoping for them to show Jemma telling that dude about all the crazy shit that's been going on the past 7 or so years with the Avengers and powered people.

Top Bottom