• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Man, you're replying to the guy who posted this earlier in this thread:

My suggestion that NASA Dude deserves a win and a Jemma and a baby was, of course, a joke post.

Good ol gaf, I'm supposed to know you're joking because of a post from 19 days ago in this thread.

As soon as I saw Dillon Casey's name in the credits, I was so excited. The man is beyond gorgeous. Will all the way please.

A fantastic episode overall. The "it" was really creepy.

Whys everyone acting like FitzSimmons is over? I thought she still wants to be with Fitz and they're just getting Will back because he helped her
Because Simmons was getting pounded by the dude and obviously has feelings for him too.

A fantastic episode overall. The "it" was really creepy.

Agreed. The thing that still bothers me is after she saw that thing in the dust (or whatever) she rubbed mud or something on her face. Next scene is her running in to the hole with nothing on her face.

Expected the "it" to walk past her instead of seemingly that scene ending like that. Wondered if there was something cut as it felt odd.

Quick

Banned
AoS stays strong. That was a damn good episode. And I like that they dedicated a special title intro for it so it doesn't break immersion.

If/When they do end up getting Will back, I feel like some dark shit is going to come up. Whatever creature they're dealing with maybe controlling him or something.

I totally thought Simmons was going to find a way to use the underground heating as a power source, with how they talked about the solar panels and the heating. Red herring.

Gotta feel bad for Fitz, but FitzSimmons will find a way, I'm sure. If not, there's always Skimmons, or is it Daisimmons, or Simmaisy?

Yeah because they were alone on a planet

It's pretty obvious to me Fitz is the one she really cares about

It's like we watched a totally different episode.

In a perfect world this would be the final nail in the horrible Nice Guy FitzSimmons bullshit. Such a lame plot. Both characters deserve better.

anaron

hahaha the fucking neckbeards on the reddit page immediately turning on Simmons after this episode for daring to like Will.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
You know, if SHIELD had thought of it as a portal sooner, why oh why didn't they think of putting supplies into the glass box, for whenever it did it's random liquid portal thing.

But if they are going to get back to that place, at least it means there's a chance to see/explain what this "Death" is that appeared as a being.

I think that person is probably an Inhuman who was banished there a long time ago.

Definitely implied her dad had passed.
Her parents are still alive. Coulson was talking about having to let them know that Simmons was "dead" in the first episode.

Nizz

As soon as Will showed up on the screen, I think everyone pretty much knew what was going to happen. So predictable.
This. I was pretty excited to see what Jemma had gone through while on that alien planet, but once I saw the astronaut the light bulb went off in my head. "Yep, that's the reason she's so hellbent on getting back". God, the look on Fitz's face when Jemma finished her story and they cut to him. Brutal, lol.

Friendzoned till the end. Dude never gave up on her and yet he's trapped in the friendzone. Elizabeth Henstridge did a great job this episode, hell the whole season thus far.

This. I was pretty excited to see what Jemma had gone through while on that alien planet, but once I saw the astronaut the light bulb went off in my head. "Yep, that's the reason she's so hellbent on getting back". God, the look on Fitz's face when Jemma finished her story and they cut to him. Brutal, lol.

Friendzoned till the end. Dude never gave up on her and yet he's trapped in the friendzone. Elizabeth Henstridge did a great job this episode, hell the whole season thus far.

Is he entitled a relationship just because he is a good friend?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought that was a cool episode, despite being a little disappointingly unambitious. Also, I don't feel like Simmons' ordeal as seen in this episode would have resulted in such a strong case of PTSD upon her return home.

anaron

I thought that was a cool episode, despite being a little disappointingly unambitious. Also, I don't feel like Simmons' ordeal as seen in this episode would have resulted in such a strong case of PTSD upon her return home.
agreed about not being as ambitious as I'd hoped.

though I don't think her PTSD was that strong. the most obvious example was when she woke up with that blade in hand but everything else felt more like an adjustment to earth.

Good ep, really enjoyable. Saw the will / jemma thing coming last episode. Will finally showed his face and I was like yup, so youre the one, huh? Pretty fucking cliché despite being executed decently enough. Thought it was kind of a cop out and lame, but whatever. Ha, I wouldn't be suprised at all by a fitz heel turn; would be hilarious and I wouldn't blame him. He's a stud though, he'll pull through.

Legit chuckles @ the full circle'ness of "hahaha, dinner bitch!" Or whatever was said, and "it died, its in a better place." Damnit jemma, you cute little button. Ooh and yaaayy more ward next week. May gonna bust up some fools, too? I can dig it.

anaron

I just love when shows branch out to do experimental shit like tonight's. Very few network ones ever attempt it, it felt like watching X-Files and Buffy again.

I hope it wasn't just me, but there were soooo many shots where Will looked like Chris Evans.
When Simmons asked his name I said "you better not say Chris!!"

No, because the story arc for last season seemingly pushed it to that point, and it was well done. We want fitz to win because his arc has been so good, and we want our boy to at least get the girl.

This feels a little sour after last years finale so get used to some of us getting annoyed about it a bit.

So that astronaut mentioned that the planet is alive, right?

Could it be...
Ego.jpg

Yeah because they were alone on a planet

It's pretty obvious to me Fitz is the one she really cares about

I think this episode shows her actions to make a ton of sense.

No, I don't think her feelings are souly directed at Fitz. She clearly grew to love Will in that time and at no point tries to down play that as cabin fever. She openly admitted to giving up all hope and seemed to be genuinely as happy as they could be in that situation.

That's why she is so shaked by everything around her. Not PTSD, it's cause for all this time she's only had him and her own voice to really hear. Everything else is just another sign of the storm coming. She's finding it hard to getting use to hearing other things and seeing so much light.

That break down on that sad lil date with Fitz? Will was all "First thing I'd do is eat! Big Fat Steak and shit!". Looking at that menu reminded her of that. Looking back, those feel like tears of heart pain, not just "I feel bad!".

That Shank move? The last thing she remembered was the alien coming after her in a sand storm.

It really made a lot of things clear, even why she first tells this to Fitz one on one.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
It also makes sense why she wouldn't tell anyone at first. She probably told Bobbi everything though.

On a side note, I wish Simmons and Daisy will get more scenes together.

Mariolee

I absolutely loved that episode. I can get the complaints that you got bored during it but man I was encapsulated the whole way through. Absolutely loved it. Don't even mind that Fitz got friendzoned because the NASA dude was stuck 14 years without any interaction and Gemma was feeling incredibly lonely as well. Fitz and Gemma will get together, no way they don't follow through with all of this.

I will say the post about Fitz being friendzoned by the entire universe was the funniest thing I've heard all day.

SeppOCE

Props to the person who called the shitty twist of Jemma falling in love on the desolate planet being the reason she wants to go back. I read it and couldn't believe the writers would be that bad. It's almost as bad as the inclusion of a long lost family member who popped up on the flash this week and last to spice up some CW drama.

guek

Banned
Props to the person who called the shitty twist of Jemma falling in love on the desolate planet being the reason she wants to go back. I read it and couldn't believe the writers would be that bad. It's almost as bad as the inclusion of a long lost family member who popped up on the flash this week and last to spice up some CW drama.
What was bad about it? It was a tad predictable but the execution was excellent. Simmons had to be broken down and hopeless before she accepted her fate and let herself be with him. Everything about the episode felt like a reasonable series of events that eventually lead to two people completely depending on each other. Unlike Flash, the writing itself was superb. There wasn't a single wasted scene this episode.

"You're dinner, biatch!" is the best scene of the show this season.

Grazzt

Poor Fitz...I feel sorry for him. But Will is HOT, and they are on a unknown planet with only each other for so long, I can totally understand.

I think this episode shows her actions to make a ton of sense.

No, I don't think her feelings are souly directed at Fitz. She clearly grew to love Will in that time and at no point tries to down play that as cabin fever. She openly admitted to giving up all hope and seemed to be genuinely as happy as they could be in that situation.

That's why she is so shaked by everything around her. Not PTSD, it's cause for all this time she's only had him and her own voice to really hear. Everything else is just another sign of the storm coming. She's finding it hard to getting use to hearing other things and seeing so much light.

That break down on that sad lil date with Fitz? Will was all "First thing I'd do is eat! Big Fat Steak and shit!". Looking at that menu reminded her of that. Looking back, those feel like tears of heart pain, not just "I feel bad!".

That Shank move? The last thing she remembered was the alien coming after her in a sand storm.

It really made a lot of things clear, even why she first tells this to Fitz one on one.
You know I didn't even think about the criticism until I read your counter on it and... yeah, I just can't buy it. Sorry!

Her actions seem so odd now that we have the context for it. Makes me go back to feeling like "stranded with astronaut" was just a lame plot point. Wish there was more of the hunt and less/no astronaut time

duckroll

Whoa they went full Martian with this episode. I really didn't expect the entire episode to be focused entirely on her planet adventures but it turned out to be pretty cool. Too bad for Fitz though. Friend zoned for life. Even someone trapped on an alien planet for over a decade has better odds with Jemma than he does. RIP. :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I feel like all these "Fitz doesn't DESERVE anything stop talking about the friendzone you fedoras" posts are intentionally ignoring the fact that there's been two years of character and plot development between these two characters, and even in this episode it showed how Simmons' (obviously romantic, not purely platonic) feelings towards Fitz were a, if not the, major factor in her will to survive on the alien planet before her inevitable breakdown and comforting by Astronaut Mike Dexter.

No, Fitz doesn't deserve a sex reward because he's so nice to Simmons, but honestly that's not really what anyone reasonable is talking about. The show has unarguably been moving in the direction of them admitting and acting on their feelings for each other since the end of season 1, and casually dismissing this as just nerdy dudes needing to check their privilege or whatever is pretty silly. This idea that it's like, inherently misogynistic or hypocritical to feel bad for Fitz, because that inherently implies he was entitled to something from Simmons, doesn't really hold water given the actual context of the show.

I want to know what that warm glowing light was. Also, what's in the no fly zone. There is a lot more time to be spent on that planet.

Can't wait. I am far more excited about this than the Inhumans stuff, which has run off the rails a bit.

guek

Banned
Everyone is bemoaning Fitz getting friendzoned but I feel a million times worse for Will than Fitz. That good guy Fitz is immediately willing to help her get him back makes me love him all the more too.

Everyone is bemoaning Fitz getting friendzoned but I feel a million times worse for Will than Fitz. That good guy Fitz is immediately willing to help her get him back makes me love him all the more too.

I agree. At first I thought there was gonna be cheap drama and love triangle rubbish, but they pulled it out by having Fitz love Simmons so much, he's willing to step back, as long as she can be happy. Was really touching.

Next time, my way ;)

Zog.

Volimar

So did Will fire his gun at the thing during all that or did he never have a bullet left? When it cut to him at the end the gun was empty.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So did Will fire his gun at the thing during all that or did he never have a bullet chamberd?

I heard a gunshot during the sandstorm when Simmons was being rescued

duckroll

You know, if you knew that there was a NASA astronaut who had been stranded on an alien planet behind a portal for over a decade and he was still out there being hunted by some alien monster, and you choose NOT to want to try and save him just because he banged the girl you like, that would be a real douche move. :p

Top Bottom