• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Don't worry their setting up that Will/Fitz exit romance he'll survive.
giphy.gif

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Fitz losing the Will to live

Thought that was a great episode, glad they just did an entire episode to it instead of doing half Simmons/Half SHIELD. I enjoyed Simmons on her own more than with Will. Interested to see how they're going to approach this in coming episodes.

Chariot

Or she feels for him, but eventually gave up hope of getting back home and in a moment of weakness after the missed message in a bottle, breaks down and succumbs to physical temptation and comfort.

She may still have feelings for fitz. Likely the show will keep annoying us with 'will they won't they' for a while yet.
Yeah, maybe. But I really don't feeling this ship.

Exactly it's a mystery to everyone. Like moonwalking or Stonewall Jackson.
I don't understand.

He really has no relevance unless he's secretly evil
Unless some good writing happens and he is an addition to Shield. Although everything he has shown would clash with Hunters skillset. Most secure guess is probably Hydra agents that will be very confused when he comes back.

Magwik

Banned
Yeah, maybe. But I really don't feeling this ship.

I don't understand.

Unless some good writing happens and he is an addition to Shield. Although everything he has shown would clash with Hunters skillset. Most secure guess is probably Hydra agents that will be very confused when he comes back.
It doesn't make much sense for NASA to send people in, and it would make much more for HYDRA to be involved as well. It would still be unnecessary drama though.

Joni

But if Hunter goes to his own show, it would be useful to have an Hunter 2.0.

Johndoey

Banned
It would be cool for a character in this show to have a stable healthy relationship. But Will is almost certainly a secret hydra man or something equally skevvy.

Chariot

It doesn't make much sense for NASA to send people in, and it would make much more for HYDRA to be involved as well. It would still be unnecessary drama though.
it could very well be both. Like Hydra or whatever organisation was playing with the monolith manipulating NASA into doing the mission and sending him with them. He said he was there to protection. While that was certainly true, he probably was there too to keep them in check.

But if Hunter goes to his own show, it would be useful to have an Hunter 2.0.
Wait, did I miss something or is this a joke.

Magwik

Banned
it could very well be both. Like Hydra or whatever organisation was playing with the monolith manipulating NASA into doing the mission and sending him with them. He said he was there to protection. While that was certainly true, he probably was there too to keep them in check.

Wait, did I miss something or is this a joke.
or they lied about his job because giving him a gun and telling him the planet is the smoke monster from LOST probably wouldn't go over well
Who knows
It'll be interesting to find out though

Slacka

Didn't Coulson make a point of saying Simmons didnt need to go through quarantine after they rescued her a couple of episodes back? Would mean she didnt get any significant sort of scans or checks that might detect the inevitable pregnacy.

Really hope they dont go down that route, but it is looking like they are setting that story up, and even if they do go manage to rescue Astronaut Mike Dexter I imagine he will now be corrupted by Cloaky McDusterton and end up dead by midseason, probably at Fitz's hand when he begins a madness fueled rampage leaving Fitz feeling guilt ridden into trying to take his place while Simmons rejects him even harder as he killed her baby daddy.

Quick

Banned
Didn't Coulson make a point of saying Simmons didnt need to go through quarantine after they rescued her a couple of episodes back? Would mean she didnt get any significant sort of scans or checks that might detect the inevitable pregnacy.

Really hope they dont go down that route, but it is looking like they are setting that story up, and even if they do go manage to rescue Astronaut Mike Dexter I imagine he will now be corrupted by Cloaky McDusterton and end up dead by midseason, probably at Fitz's hand when he begins a madness fueled rampage leaving Fitz feeling guilt ridden into trying to take his place while Simmons rejects him even harder as he killed her baby daddy.

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Chariot

This is going interesting places.
ABC is thinking about a Mockingbird-centric spin-off called Marvel’s Most Wanted, which would include Hunter too. It got shot down in April, but still might be alive as of Augst.
I see. Well, then I could see them grooming another Hunter. Could still be Hydra agent. Could also be both.

Famassu

for me at least the whole thing is dumb because she's holding onto her phone and basically all she talks about is Fitz. a few weeks later he goes back to being less than the gum at the bottom of her shoes
But she has met Will long before that and they have some chemistry together even prior to Simmons losing all hope. Then they fail at their attempt to get word out to Earthers, think that all hope has finally been lost and at that point they comfort each other and Simmons let's her feelings towards Will grow into something other than comrades in hell together.

And Simmons does start including Will in her good night routine as a sign of growing affection towards him earlier, so it's not like her romantic feelings toward him come out of nowhere and with no build-up. Once they lose all hope, she let's go of hope of seeing Fitz again and that's when her relationship with Will can start to grow beyond comraderie. Besides, she and Fitz weren't together (in a romantic way), so it's not like it would have to take her years to get over him. There were some feelings there that Simmons started to be aware of & acknowledge around S2 end, but her failure to get back to Earth means she kind of let's go of any hope of having that romance with Fitz, which means she's open to having a relationship with Will. It's really not all that impossible for two people even remotely attracted to each other to develop feelings towards each other in such a remote setting, even if they had hope of getting home, let alone after losing that.

And Fitz is still obviously important to her, but as said, she thought they had lost their final chance of ever getting back to Earth so she let go of that hope of being together with Fitz. You're taking this way too personally and in a very childish way. In no way does her deciding to have a relationship with Will reduce Fitz into being "less than a gum at the bottom of her shoe", that's not how human relationships work. She just developed a romantic interest towards another man while in total isolation with that man, which isn't all that unheard of.

These relationship subplots are dumb as hell in general.
Relationships are a pretty natural part of life. Really nothing stupid about them. Sure, the other person in the budding relationship being thrown to a planet/moon in a different galaxy isn't that much of a problem in real life relationships, but so far the show has been able to keep the drama pretty believable in how they react to these more unrealistic events and it hasn't turned too soap opera-y.

Guys, Simmons just turned off wi-fi on her phone; that plus the super battery made it last as long as it did.

Also, if Will survives and isn't evil or doesn't volunteer to join SHIELD, they'll send him to Tahiti and then he can work for Skye's dad or be a test pilot again. If the latter, he can cameo in the Captain Marvel movie as Carol's copilot or something.

Slacka

Well they already went full CW with the story this week, so i thought to myself "What is the most contrived way for this story to play out" then I multiplied it by Whedon and that was what I came up with.

All joking aside though I do genuinely think that if they do manage to rescue him he won't be right as I really don't see how a gun with a single bullet saved him from a being with sandstorm/elemental control powers and if the stories about his original team are true then also mind control.

V_Arnold

I am just sad for Fitz/Simmons. Just sad, sad, sad.

Here is how to do it right: get the astronaut dude back.
Then say goodbye to him.

And then they just go and have that date.

And that is EXACTLY how it will NOT happen. Fuck it.

Platy

It is a Whedon show .... not mystical enoght to be pregnancy

What a fucking stupid episode. Seriously, this whole romance crap is pissing me off. So she gets stranded on this planet. And there is nobody except a guy who looks like a male underwear model, and they fall in love while poor, poor Fitz is waiting on earth. Really? Who comes up with this shit? This is neither entertaining nor enjoyable in any way. It's boring and cringey. Just kill them off already ffs. Fitz or Simmons, I don't care. Just spare us this shit. If I wanted to watch a soap opera I'd watch one.

Wow, four pages (100 PPP) have went by since the episode aired. I was expecting a post or twenty about how fat Jemma Simmons was for being on a deserted planet for six months. :p

Johndoey

Banned
Wow, four pages (100 PPP) have went by since the episode aired. I was expecting a post or twenty about how fat Jemma Simmons was for being on a deserted planet for six months. :p
I didn't want to bring it up But they looked way too well fed and clean for creepy alien planet coulda used more face grime.

Yeah, he looked too young to me, AVClub pointed out he was 31, which definitely explained the issue - his character should really be in his mid-late '30s. I assumed they were going to use some sort of time dilation explanation...until they didn't.

But really, it's only "2001" for the gag/reference.
I expected the guy to be in his 40s (assuming he went through the portal at 30). Not 4 or so years older than Fitz.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I think fat is the wrong word, but one would expect someone who has to eat bits of tentacle monster and vegetation for six months to be unhealthily thin.

We don't know the calories in that tentacle monster of vegetation

Could've been 5k calories in each. We just don't know

mm04

Great episode. These writers seem to be making Fitz to be the tragic hero of this show. I swear, there better be some immense payoff for that guy. Dude got brain damage for Simmons, then spent 6 months busting his ass to try and get her back only to be told "I gotta go back to save my BF on Planet X." I kinda think that the writers see how damn good of an actor he is and just like seeing him be devastated. Honestly, I think it would be pretty bad ass if Fitz went full Ward and turned heel because he just doesn't give a damn anymore. Simmons would probably be the one to kill him, too.

SRG01

A relationship isn't character development. He has changed plenty over the course of the series without getting with Simmons.

Well, of course. I didn't really say he needs to be in a relationship, but there has to be something that fundamentally changes with his character later on in this season... We've seen inklings of it already with him being in the field, but that was only a tease :/

Cuburt

Wait, Hunter has a skillset?

Every time I visit this thread during off days with people speculating Next episode potential then only to be bummed when the episode airs.
Really thought there might be Kree this episode. Nope just Earth with Blue tint

So Death appearance. I highly doubt this ties anything MCU

Top Bottom