• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Volimar

It would boggle the mind that she might be pregnant and no one know it after the battery of tests they ran on her. I'm not saying they ran a pregnancy test, but one test or another should have found some hormone elevated or something.

My wife wants them to get together more than I do. In fact, she's way more in favor. I guess this is where all there fedora/beard jokes lose me. Is it really an either/or?

I'm convinced we could end racism before the FitzSimmons divide..I'm ALMOST serious after this episode..

Weird internet propensity to try and crap on a demographic that they're probably squarely in in order to feel superior to some strawman.

😏

Being real though my wife was pissed as hell when Simmons kissed Will. She wants Fitz and her to be together bad. Its definitely not just "neck beards" on the internet projecting themselves.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Being real though my wife was pissed as hell when Simmons kissed Will. She wants Fitz and her to be together bad. Its definitely not just "neck beards" on the internet projecting themselves.
I hate when this happens. These "debates" are so tiresome. I'm just annoyed at the writers for dealing Fitz such bad hands.

This episode is to me, a great episode if there wasn't a Fitz backstory behind it.

Now it just feels cheap because we are rooting for the boy who got brain damage saving the girl he loved, and then lost her minutes AFTER she asked him out, risked his life to find a way to save her, only to find out she fell in love when she went missing.

It's the sort of episode this emoji was made for:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

duckroll

What if Lash is Simmon's son from the future coming back to undo his own birth?

WHAT IF WILL IS REALLY SKYE'S POOP FROM SEASON 1?!

I don't really care that Fitz got friendzoned, just that it's dumb lazy writing. It was annoying in Arrow, annoying in Flash and even more annoying here.

Fitz got friendzoned in other shows too!? Goddamnit Fitz, he got friendzoned so hard he broke the fourth wall.

danielcw

She confused Memory with storage
Considering the tech of SHIELD, and the see-through-smartphones Tony Stark has in Iron Man 2 and 3, I have no problem with devices with so much RAM and battery live.
(if only 120GB were not such an unusual amount of RAM)

It's okay Fitz - no woman can resist the raw allure of Astronaut Mike Dexter.
If only :)
You actually made me look up if it was the same actor.

Fitz got friendzoned in other shows too!? Goddamnit Fitz, he got friendzoned so hard he broke the fourth wall.

Would be awesome if some character on another (DC) show makes a thinly veiled comment about Fitz getting friendzoned

So am I the only one who thought it was weird Will kinda just gave up getting to the portal at the end?

I kinda had the same thought, though question myself as to the level of relevancy it deserves. Will defo has some issues; even schitzo tendencies, and rightfully so haha. I don't think he's going to be an antagonist per se, but he's certainly not the straightest edge. He's already proven to omit information, holding back some pretty salient context to situations at hand. He's hiding things. I'm also not completely sold on "death" being a pure, villian / antagonist either. There's something deeper. Whatever though. Fitz will do what he does; roll through town droping his swag and taking care of shit.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Imo, a pretty sweet theory regarding the obilisk / planet.

http://fitzsimmonsshield.tumblr.com

Basically its the manifestation of ones ego, and how her necklace acts as an indication of the egos "state." Probably complete horse shit, just selective reinforcement. But I thought it was pretty damn cool none the less.

I like the idea that Will is a part of the planet, or he died and the planet resurrected/turned him into a puppet.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
That thing about him being a 31 year old actor is definitely interesting, I wrote his appearance off as 'network television definition of stranded' but it is true even in his flashbacks he looked identical to supposedly 14 years later.

Would be cool if there was a reason for that but I'm not expecting there to be.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Maybe Startrek levels of the planet trying to understand her, one might asume she is the first woman to go through the portal after all.

All the people on the NASA mission were men. But surely there have been female Inhumans that went through when the Kree first used it?

Apoc29

As Thanos was about to unleash the full power of the Infinity Gauntlet, he did not realize there existed one more Infinity Stone: the Friend Stone. Possessed by Leopold Fitz, the Friend Stone banished Thanos to a realm where time and space ceased to exist and all that remained was a thirst for love that would never be quenched.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
As Thanos was about to unleash the full power of the Infinity Gauntlet, he did not realize there existed one more Infinity Stone: the Friend Stone. Possessed by Leopold Fitz, the Friend Stone banished Thanos to a realm where time and space ceased to exist and all that remained was a thirst for love that would never be quenched.

Avengers 3 will be all about Thanos being friendzoned by Death after he collects all six gems. Death had made a comment about how pretty they would look on her but when Thanos collects them all and presents them to her, Death just shoos him away and tells him she has a date. Thanos goes all crazy in Avenger 3 part two and destroys the world with the Gauntlet. It's only when he sees Fitz and identifies with him that he decides to reset everything to pre Iron Man 1 while keeping Fitz's memories intact.

Phase 4 will begin with New Iron Man, New Incredible Hulk and New Captain America. Fitz will replace Coulson as the SHIELD liaison because this time he will graduate from the academy at half the age he did the first time.

Avengers 3 will be all about Thanos being friendzoned by Death after he collects all six gems. Death had made a comment about how pretty they would look on her but when Thanos collects them all and presents them to her, Death just shoos him away and tells him she has a date. Thanos goes all crazy in Avenger 3 part two and destroys the world with the Gauntlet. It's only when he sees Fitz and identifies with him that he decides to reset everything to pre Iron Man 1 while keeping Fitz's memories intact.

And now for the shocking plot twist in the mid credits scene:

Death's date is with Fitz.

And the huge revelation in the after credits scene:

Death stands up Fitz and goes on a date with Jemma.

Magwik

Banned

Phase 4 will begin with New Iron Man, New Incredible Hulk and New Captain America. Fitz will replace Coulson as the SHIELD liaison because this time he will graduate from the academy at half the age he did the first time.
Bravo

Dennis

Banned
c2I2xjH.gif

dWLcx8S.gif

Cuburt

BsMTnlMCQAAr0CE.jpg

#ITSALLCONNECTED

anaron

totally on point article from MTV

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Fans, We Need To Talk About Fitzsimmons
Why this fan-favorite ship should never hook up.

As you might of heard by now, last night’s Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge)-led “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” episode, “4,722 Hours,” was easily the series’ best, and one of the most thrilling hours of Marvel entertainment we’ve seen all year. It featured Simmons, who had been marooned on a sun-less hellscape for the better part of a year, going full-on “The Martian” with a handsome NASA scientist, Will Daniels (Dillon Casey). And while the episode did a wonderful job at highlighting Simmons as a fully-formed, nuanced character and Henstridge as a very capable actress, it also reminded me of how the show is at a bit of an impasse when it comes to an extremely popular, fan-favorite couple.

In other words, guys, we really need to talk about Fitzsimmons.

The sexual chemistry that Simmons had with Will from the second they officially met (after he imprisoned her to determine that she was real) was palpable, but also a sad reminder that no matter how great Jemma Simmons is when she’s paired with Leo Fitz (the fantastic Iain De Caestecker), the two — in my opinion — have never displayed an ounce of sexual chemistry. So when Simmons went off and hooked up with Daniels (more on that in a second), it felt less like an obstacle in the way of a great love and more like a woman finally getting her needs met, albeit in the absolute worst circumstances ever.

The problem with this is, of course, is that many “S.H.I.E.L.D.” fans are in love with Fitzsimmons — which I get because so am I, in the way that I’m in love with Abbi and Ilana’s friendship on “Broad City,” and the relationship between this monkey and this pigeon. But if “S.H.I.E.L.D.” doesn’t want to fall down into the same murky hole that other shows have when fans desperately want two characters to hook up that just shouldn’t, here’s what they need to do

Dennis

Banned
The sexual chemistry that Simmons had with Will from the second they officially met (after he imprisoned her to determine that she was real) was palpable

O RLY

Most contrived and cliche hook-up ever. Stranded and alone. Until she meets handsome buff astronaut.

Dennis

Banned
Girl rejects nerdy science guy and hooks up with hunky action dude.

Never thought I would live to see the day where this scenario would play out on my TV screen. We are breaking new ground here, people.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Girl rejects nerdy science guy and hooks up with hunky action dude.

Never thought I would live to see the day where this scenario would play out on my TV screen. We are breaking new ground here, people.

Well, I don't know if "rejects" is really accurate, given the whole marooned on an alien planet and being unable to go on that date the nerdy science guy angle.

I mean if a vegetarian is starving and the only thing they can find to eat is meat, they aren't rejecting vegetables.

Well, I don't know if "rejects" is really accurate, given the whole marooned on an alien planet and being unable to go on that date the nerdy science guy angle.

I mean if a vegetarian is starving and the only thing they can find to eat is meat, they aren't rejecting vegetables.

Yeah. The whole thing is a lot more complicated than simply being interested in someone else. I get the impression that she still has feelings for Fitz but now things are complicated. She gave up and Will was the only man for a hundred million, million, million miles and he wasn't that bad looking. You can't blame her. It's a really fucked up situation.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Also I want to see the internet's head explode when they rescue will and he starts hooking up with mack.

Top Bottom