• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This is a Marvel/MCU related thread on NeoGAF, and Gaffers act like there are no "boneable" Britsh people?

There are plenty, I was just making a joke specifically about british people boning each other.

I mean since there's really no romantic chemistry it felt more like pining for home. Her best friend, family, a lifeline that gave her hope. And I guess a little bit of if I can get back maybe it can be something more (even though I rejected him and there wasn't much to suggest feelings were changing.)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So watched it.

Incredibly, the hype was on point, it was such a brilliant episode. Mad props to Ms Henstridge since it basically hinged on her performance, and she nailed it.

An aside, the episode did make it pretty clear that Prof Randolph did know more about the portal than he let on, makes me wonder if there might be (or were) other monoliths around.

Khezu

I really do hate Lincoln.

He has way too much screen time and importance.

He feels like he is only around now so they can drag their feet on the Inhumans plot.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
His name was William Daniels.

Willy D

Will was the manifestation of the living planet's wang, and Simmons now has space rock up her chuff. She'll plop out an evil moon in the season finale.

The one from Majora's Mask?

Need a Photoshop here.

Can't wait till next week so we can see a fat ass Quake..
Remember when this thread was all about Daisy in her black tank top and people questioning her weight?

Good times.
10354452_602053019892405_155775570_n.jpg

120 at best? No hips, but id still drink her bath water.

Lincoln sucks ass and is a complete tool. Ooooo look at me, I can make fucking sparklers "yank yank yank." How about you quite feeling sorry for yourself and grow some balls. Maybe fitz can give you a few pointers.

I'm pretty much sold on the theory of Ego Planet. It makes sense with the context of last episode and fits with the galactic / inhuman / kree themes that marvel screens are heading towards. If such is the case them damn, I think we are in for a real treat. I've also been looking back at the connections between last ep and the intereactions of simmons / fits when she came back. Some pretty deep stuff that's been foreshadowed and tied together well. I enjoy the episode, and appreciate this season, even more.

Just saw it. Anyone else think that Will killed the other astronauts because he was crazy? And the space ghosts are coming for him and not Simmons? That would pretty much invalidate any kind of feelings Jemma has for the guy once he is rescued.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Just saw it. Anyone else think that Will killed the other astronauts because he was crazy? And the space ghosts are coming for him and not Simmons? That would pretty much invalidate any kind of feelings Jemma has for the guy once he is rescued.

I think Will is also part of the planet. Those manifestations/creatures weren't half as dangerous as Will made them out to be; Jemma managed to outrun them twice. I think Will might be a manifestation of the planet so it has some company. Everything was geared towards keeping Jemma alive, sane and on the planet;
- on the 100th hour mark; she finds water and a foodsource
- as she's going insane from talking to herself; she finds Will
- on her first attempt to leave; the canyon is wider than Will said it would
- on their second attempt the sandstorm drags her down enough to not reach the portal except for Fitz who's brass balls jump in and grabs a hold of the love of his life, something the planet did not account for.

Pachimari

I think Will is also part of the planet. Those manifestations/creatures weren't half as dangerous as Will made them out to be; Jemma managed to outrun them twice. I think Will might be a manifestation of the planet so it has some company. Everything was geared towards keeping Jemma alive, sane and on the planet;
- on their second attempt the sandstorm drags her down enough to not reach the portal except for Fitz who's brass balls jump in and grabs a hold of the love of his life, something the planet did not account for.

This makes sense and would be pretty cool.

But Will actively tries to help Jemma escape at the end. He fires his final bullet in order for her to have a chance to get through the portal.

Also, the entire point of the final shot was to show that Will was alive on the planet without Jemma being there. He acknowledged that he had no more bullets left in his gun and tossed it away. There would be no need for any of that if Jemma wasn't there to see it.

Will is alive and well.

Koriandrr

People complaining about Daisy's weight?! What.

For once I thought 'damn finally they're showing healthy women, not some skinny ass starved skeletons'.

Will is totally coming back... and it will totally be that Phantom thing disguised as him.

That one's definitely obvious. Now that I think about it, who has gotten any semblance of happiness in the SHIELD crew? Andrew may be dead, but he and May were estranged for years before that. Coulson lost his life, a hand, and love. Daisy got betrayed by her first SHIELD mentor. Her mother turned out to be evil. Her dad became unhinged due to how SHIELD/Hydra did his family. SHIELD had to take away his memories to give him happiness which means he no longer knows who Daisy is. Hunter and Bobbi seems like its always on the edge of ending. Ward was taken in by a dude who took advantage of Ward's mental issues. Fitz is well we know. Tripp can be a sort of tragedy for the team and not Simmons specifically. Simmons was deeply emotionally affected by Fitz's brain damage.

No wonder people join Hydra. Stay in SHIELD long enough and you'll probably have everything taken from you.

jond76

Banned
But Will actively tries to help Jemma escape at the end. He fires his final bullet in order for her to have a chance to get through the portal.

Also, the entire point of the final shot was to show that Will was alive on the planet without Jemma being there. He acknowledged that he had no more bullets left in his gun and tossed it away. There would be no need for any of that if Jemma wasn't there to see it.

Will is alive and well.

Agreed. Not sure how people could think otherwise.

Cool episode.

Also, after this episode, I think Gemma would make a good Lara Croft.

People complaining about Daisy's weight?! What.

For once I thought 'damn finally they're showing healthy women, not some skinny ass starved skeletons'.
I think the core complaint that started it was that Chloe doesn't look athletic enough to be super Inhuman agent Daisy Johnson, but it sort of snowballed in the wrong direction from there.

Moondrop

Banned
I've been contemplating Simmons's PTSD in episodes 3 & 4 in relation to the months of astronaut bonking she had just experienced. And I can accept most of her reactions, but I think there may be another level here: she's worried people won't believe her entire story, and perhaps she has doubts herself.

I believe the team will accept the premise of going back for astronaut boyfriend. But when she tells them about Death, won't Mack raise his eyebrows? Just because Bobbi is being supportive doesn't mean that she believes her. Think about it: we're led to believe that Bobbi already knew the story for a few days, and she isn't sounding the alarm to retrieve an American hero lost in space.

Moreover, I think the show has to address what happens when Fitz googles, "William Daniels astronaut 2001." If there's no record, fine, we can say it was Hydra/top secret. But they must check, right?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Guys I don't want to sound like a creep but I am of the opinion that Chole Bennet is a very attractive female human.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I hope Jemma's whole story can be told at some point.

Like you know what would be awesome? If later there was a whole episode that's all Jemma on the planet, showing her whole journey and progression during that time.

HOW IN THE HECK DID YOU KNOW?!

Top Bottom