• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Ward's dog was intentionally left vague. This was not.

That's a huge red flag that you probably want to get in front of if you can.
I thought it was obvious it was Ward, and felt Agent 33 telling it to Morse was the writters being like "yes he killed his dog, now stop thinking he'll be redeemed".

Also, I think my brother mostly does it because it bothers me a bit. >.< He thinks it's funny.

Omega

Banned
And I think May said during their honey moon he "changed" and suddenly became distant so I think its safe to say he turned from the fish oil.

Now why he is killing inhumans we shall have to wait and see because I think its clear he is not doing the same storyline as the comics.

it could still be tied to the comic version. They probably found out about it during that trip and that's when his focus shifted.

He's ok with Daisy because she became an inhuman through the normal process and not by eating fish.

Pretty great episode. I would love for "Andrew = Lash" to be Ward misdirection, if only for that fact that it was incredibly obvious and I love Ward as an evil mastermind.

Hunter as comic relief was done very well also, though Daisy probably had the best line:

Now we use the new dwarf Fitz crafted. He doesn't think it's ready yet, but that's stupid because it's awesome so I stole it.

Slayven

2 years ago Skye was shitting in a bucket stealing starbucks Wifi, now she is leading strike teams and doing stakeouts.

Slacka

So I just noticed that we got trolled hard by the show runners over Lash a couple weeks ago.

In the "Previously on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." recap at the start of episode 4, the same episode we find out Lash is a metamorph, when Daisy says "Things keep coming at us, New Inhumans, the ATCU and this new guy, you should have seen him" the re-edit of that scene for the recap actually flips from Daisy to Andrew just for the 2 words, "New Inhumans". then to Lash as she says "This New Guy".

Dispatch

That's Wards play... They're now a moving company.

z8vP6uh.jpg

They already have a built-in slogan.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
AoS has been great about not drawing out plots. I'm enjoying the character interactions a lot too and I appreciate that those are taking precedence in the scenes.

I think they dealt smartly with the misdirections and hints regarding Lash. That kind of thing can get out of hand, but I felt it was decent. Not out of the left field and not completely in your face either. I mean, there were only three reasonable options: Andrew, Banks, or a random. I think the mystery lasted as long as it should and they played their cards right.

And kudos on the transformation scene. FX team did good there.

duckroll

it could still be tied to the comic version. They probably found out about it during that trip and that's when his focus shifted.

He's ok with Daisy because she became an inhuman through the normal process and not by eating fish.

That doesn't really gel with what we've seen though. The Inhumans in hiding Lash killed in that episode where SHIELD was trying to make contact with them weren't fish oil Inhumans, they were part of the haven from season 2.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
That doesn't really gel with what we've seen though. The Inhumans in hiding Lash killed in that episode where SHIELD was trying to make contact with them weren't fish oil Inhumans, they were part of the haven from season 2.
See, that's the thing; they were copy Terrigen Inhumans, not Kree temple Inhumans. It had been years since the last Inhuman got their powers at a Kree temple.

duckroll

See, that's the thing; they were copy Terrigen Inhumans, not Kree temple Inhumans. It had been years since the last Inhuman got their powers at a Kree temple.

If that were the case it doesn't explain why Lash only starts showing up now, rather than fucking shit up from the point SHIELD knew about the Inhuman haven. He could have killed Lincoln last season, why wait until now?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I know ratings don't really matter this season since SHIELD is assured a fourth season, but I thought this was kinda interesting...

Fasts-3way-2015-Nov-TUE.03.png

The top graph shows half-hour ratings for each show that aired last night. Agents of SHIELD started out at a 1.5 (the same as its lead-in show, Fresh Off the Boat) but dropped to a 1.3 for the second half-hour. Seems like Duckroll wasn't alone in disliking the episode, perhaps.

As you can see from the third graph, SHIELD's ratings held steady throughout the night last week, so it's not like viewers do this all the time with this show.

I thought it was kinda dull and focused too much on relatively grounded spy vs. spy shenanigans, seldom the most interesting part of this series, up until the last few minutes. Well, next week's should be better.

Slacka

The top graph shows half-hour ratings for each show that aired last night. Agents of SHIELD started out at a 1.5 (the same as its lead-in show, Fresh Off the Boat) but dropped to a 1.3 for the second half-hour. Seems like Duckroll wasn't alone in disliking the episode, perhaps.

As you can see from the third graph, SHIELD's ratings held steady throughout the night last week, so it's not like viewers do this all the time with this show.

One of the things I really hate about the Nielsen ratings system is that it collects this data that can actually kill shows from such a tiny sample of people.

There are only around 20,000 Nielsen households in existence, and approx 50,000 viewers in those households. Therefore for the 116.3 million households in North America that have at least 1 TV, each viewer represents around 5800 real viewers.

In the key 18-49 demographic, every 22 Nielsen viewers = 0.1 on the rating. therefore the difference in that rating, for it to drop from 1.5 to 1.3 meant that just 44 viewers changed the channel or turned off during Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Once you also take into account the fact that those viewers are on average in a 2.5 person household, then that drop was caused by as few as 18 televisions in the whole of North America having their channel changed.

Quick

Banned
I thought it was kinda dull and focused too much on relatively grounded spy vs. spy shenanigans, seldom the most interesting part of this series, up until the last few minutes. Well, next week's should be better.

It addresses quite a few things.

We know who Lash is.

We know what the ATCU does to Inhumans.

We know Rosalind's motives (if they're true).

And we even know that Fitz is getting some information on Will and working on the portal.

That being said, Agents of SHIELD wastes no time, even when it seems like it's a more subdued episode.

KarmaCow

Weren't Daisy and Raina the last ones at a Kree Temple? Probably why Lash ignores her.

I'm guessing it's more simple, Daisy has some use to him in that she can lead him to Lincoln and possibly other Inhumans. He also left that guy who gets sick around Inhumans alive until he was about be locked away.

Rosalind and Lash have the same philosophy regarding Inhumans: it's a sickness and they need to be saved from it. Rosalind thinks they can be cured, while Lash views death as an escape.

Coulson seems ambivalent to the ATCU's treatment of Inhumans while Daisy is vehemently opposed to it. I look forward to Daisy going full Magneto.

Pachimari

I honestly think this season has been worse, and ultimately less exciting than season 2. Hopefully it'll pick up soon.

I like that Mockingbird is back in action, and I have come to love Hunter. I think the show is best when it's either Fitz, Hunter or Coulson on screen. I hope the whole Secret Warriors thing plays out soon as well, or maybe they'll use the whole season to build up the team?

It also sucks that Alex von Strucker is dead already, I had really hoped for a longer arc for him to develop and become like his dad.

Also, the show rocks when they use Shield tech yeah. Bring more of that.

It addresses quite a few things.

We know who Lash is.

We know what the ATCU does to Inhumans.

We know Rosalind's motives (if they're true).

And we even know that Fitz is getting some information on Will and working on the portal.

That being said, Agents of SHIELD wastes no time, even when it seems like it's a more subdued episode.

That's why i'm really satisfied by this episode. Despite the uneven place , the plot moves forward and coulson swag still the best

Platy

AoS has been great about not drawing out plots. I'm enjoying the character interactions a lot too and I appreciate that those are taking precedence in the scenes.

I think they dealt smartly with the misdirections and hints regarding Lash. That kind of thing can get out of hand, but I felt it was decent. Not out of the left field and not completely in your face either. I mean, there were only three reasonable options: Andrew, Banks, or a random. I think the mystery lasted as long as it should and they played their cards right.

And kudos on the transformation scene. FX team did good there.

....Andrew was an ACTUAL possibility ?

The only reason I was thinking he was considered was because of a joke on the "too much black people" rule =P

Famassu

I honestly think this season has been worse, and ultimately less exciting than season 2. Hopefully it'll pick up soon.
I think the problem for season 3 at the moment is that it feels a bit aimless. Exciting things happen in episodes, character interactions aren't any worse than in season 2 etc, but by the end of it all season 3 lacks focus. Stuff like Skye gathering inhumans hasn't really advanced much due to Lash & Lash himself is kind of a loose cannon without an interesting motive/end game in mind that we know of so far (other than seemingly killing every inhuman), Ward's Hydra shenanigans don't seem to be getting off the ground (though this episode might've changed things), Simmons' adventures on an alien moon/planet didn't result to much Earth-specific story progress or have any connection to anything happening so far other than cockblocking Fitz once again. I'm just not quite certain what's the big picture at the moment. That will hopefully change soon.

At the moment this weekly pace isn't quite working for season 3. Been thinking of just quitting the show for a few months and then returning when I can binge-watch several episodes at once to get a better flowing experience.

Joni

It was kind of predictable, so I'm still on board of #TeamWillSimmonsKidIsLashAndrew. They should also really refrain from showing that transformation sequence again.

Sadist

Okay episode, even with some cool moments

- May and Bobbi fight scene yes please. All of the right things.
- Hunter was really strange this episode. His conversation with Fitz was funny, him knocking Banks out was funny though.
- Ward subplot was interesting.
- Coulson, Rosalind... get a room you two. You know you want it.
- Good guy Fitz. Damn you Simmons for using him :(
- Well I was wrong about the Lash thing... I was kind of expecting some Whedon-esque twist for the Lash reveal, but hey it's Andrew. I wonder what his motive is for killing those Inhumans. Seems random. Yeah I know his comic background... but still.
- The final exchange in this ep between Daisy and Andrew was a bit too much though, complete with his evil face turning away... come on son.

Kaze Kyou

Yeah, even as someone with like ~6 months of experience with the language I could tell she was awful.

"How's your Mandarin? ...so, not good then?"

What surprised me more was how off May's Mandarin was. Granted, Ming-Na's a Cantonese speaker so her accent was heavily accented, but even Jackie Chan can speak decent Mando.

Bobbi's was cringeworthy though. :/ Took me right out.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I don't trust this statement. People were calling all kinds of names. Let's not pretend that this thread knew that he was it.

Well it was who I thought it was, some people definitely threw out every name under the sun but some genuinely felt it was him.

Pachimari

I think the problem for season 3 at the moment is that it feels a bit aimless. Exciting things happen in episodes, character interactions aren't any worse than in season 2 etc, but by the end of it all season 3 lacks focus. Stuff like Skye gathering inhumans hasn't really advanced much due to Lash & Lash himself is kind of a loose cannon without an interesting motive/end game in mind that we know of so far (other than seemingly killing every inhuman), Ward's Hydra shenanigans don't seem to be getting off the ground (though this episode might've changed things), Simmons' adventures on an alien moon/planet didn't result to much Earth-specific story progress or have any connection to anything happening so far other than cockblocking Fitz once again. I'm just not quite certain what's the big picture at the moment. That will hopefully change soon.

At the moment this weekly pace isn't quite working for season 3.

You might be on to something. The show does lack focus. I really hope they can get it together in the coming weeks.

At the moment this weekly pace isn't quite working for season 3. Been thinking of just quitting the show for a few months and then returning when I can binge-watch several episodes at once to get a better flowing experience.

Yeah, it's still leagues better than S1, but I have to agree that it's lacking the momentum and relative narrative focus of S2's first half. Hopefully things pick up more next week.

Johndoey

Banned
I hope they got Bald dude home safe. Dudes probably a single father and his kid has lung cancer. That kid didn't get to a chemotherapy session because of poor spying practices.

Dysun

The Lash reveal kind of fell flat for me when it was shown that Andrew survived.
Not too many realistic options and Banks was always a red herring

It would have been more impactful last week

Top Bottom