• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

I'm the same way. Hemsworth can sometimes leave a bit to be desired as Thor, but it's got to be hard to find an actor who can fly, so I give him a pass.

I admit, I chuckled. I'm just saying, it's not like having an accurate Mandarin accent should be the primary goal for casting Bobbi or even May. It's such an infinitesimal aspect of the character. Now if someone ends up traveling to a province of China that speaks Mandarin and the cast has to interact with them (like S1) then it makes sense.

Andrew/Lash has straight up murdered dozens of innocent Inhumans at this point between all the corpses of freshly changed people we saw at the start of this season in the atcu morgue, the house he cleared out 2 weeks ago plus who knows how many more. I just cant see a believable redemption after that.

I know we saw Cal/Hyde redeemed, but you cant really compare that as the only people he killed that we know about were either hydra (the people at the village) or other criminals (in his back alley operating room). Its a lot easier to come back from that.

You know Andrew is going to pull some kind of selective reasoning to try to justify what he's doing. Something about how Skye isn't a danger while the other Inhumans are. It won't actually excuse his actions but it'll be enough to give May a pause at least.

You know Andrew is going to pull some kind of selective reasoning to try to justify what he's doing. Something about how Skye isn't a danger while the other Inhumans are. It won't actually excuse his actions but it'll be enough to give May a pause at least.

We don't actually know if Daisy is safe from Andrew yet. Daisy is his only means of getting at Lincoln, which is sufficient reason to have spared her temporarily until that end is reached.

We don't actually know if Daisy is safe from Andrew yet. Daisy is his only means of getting at Lincoln, which is sufficient reason to have spared her temporarily until that end is reached.

Fair enough theory, though he also hasn't gone after any Inhumans once they're successfully in SHIELD custody. Even the clone Inhuman was only harmed because she was protecting the ones out in the wild. Could be that he's sparing her for the connection to Lincoln or that he doesn't want to blow his cover and directly anger SHIELD by attacking the base. But you're right in general that it's probably too early to say Daisy isn't a target overall.

Cuburt

Hunter was hilarious but I wish the team didn't act like he's not just fucking shit up. Even when Daisy says it's smart that he said they could just test the guy's blood, I felt like it wasn't smart because it's so conspicuous, sloppy, and inefficient. Then he busts the guy's nose to get blood (again, terribly sloppy and inefficient) and it didn't even seem like a good enough sample, but no one says anything about it. Fitz doesn't really challenge Hunter's questionable advice. Hunter goes in guns blazing to stop Ward because he brought the weapons to Ward that he says he'll use to kill innocents, yet he doesn't actually get Ward and basically sacrifices Andrew's life (yet we all know Hunter really did it as some half-cocked plan to avenge Bobbi).

As fulfilling the comic relief role, Hunter is much needed on the show, but he doesn't bring any particular skills to balance it out which would justify why they'd keep him on the team. It makes his incompetence even more glaring since he's only a decent agent but no one seems to call him out on jeopardizing the mission.

Maybe they eventually kick him off the team and that's how they set up the spin-off. What a great way to transition a useless team member into the lead of their own show... -______-

Seriously though, I just want them to sell me on why he's on the team, why Bobbi would want to stay with him, and why he deserves to be a spin-off lead. I don't think it's much to ask of the writers to make him more interesting on some level.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Still waiting for my Bill Pullman or Kyle Maclachlan of the season, but Zimmer is great.

Hail Hydra, Mr President.
President-Whimore-rallies-the-troops-in-Independence-Day.jpg

Hunter was hilarious but I wish the team didn't act like he's not just fucking shit up. Even when Daisy says it's smart that he said they could just test the guy's blood, I felt like it wasn't smart because it's so conspicuous, sloppy, and inefficient. Then he busts the guy's nose to get blood (again, terribly sloppy and inefficient) and it didn't even seem like a good enough sample, but no one says anything about it. Fitz doesn't really challenge Hunter's questionable advice. Hunter goes in guns blazing to stop Ward because he brought the weapons to Ward that he says he'll use to kill innocents, yet he doesn't actually get Ward and basically sacrifices Andrew's life (yet we all know Hunter really did it as some half-cocked plan to avenge Bobbi).

As fulfilling the comic relief role, Hunter is much needed on the show, but he doesn't bring any particular skills to balance it out which would justify why they'd keep him on the team. It makes his incompetence even more glaring since he's only a decent agent but no one seems to call him out on jeopardizing the mission.

Maybe they eventually kick him off the team and that's how they set up the spin-off. What a great way to transition a useless team member into the lead of their own show... -______-

Seriously though, I just want them to sell me on why he's on the team, why Bobbi would want to stay with him, and why he deserves to be a spin-off lead. I don't think it's much to ask of the writers to make him more interesting on some level.

I thought Bobbi was the lead for the Spin Off. She's the only one between the 2 with a named comics counterpart iirc.

I think we were just talking about this a few weeks ago too, but Hunter's character is so weird this season. Last season he definitely still had the quirky personality, but his skills on the field were on point. Remember how he pulled a fairly long con on Bakshi that caused the HYDRA leadership to kill themselves off? That he single-handedly escaped from Gonzalez-SHIELD despite being unarmed and vastly outnumbered on enemy territory? I guess being a competent field agent is so boring that no one remembers it even happened.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Ugh... I'm just going to call Bill Paxton Hudson from now on.

Bill Pullman should play the new Vice President in the MCU.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I thought Bobbi was the lead for the Spin Off. She's the only one between the 2 with a named comics counterpart iirc.

Lance Hunter is a comic character, tho. He was director (I think) of S.T.R.I.K.E. Also, the spin-off (Most Wanted) stars both Mockingbird and Hunter.

Famassu

I think we were just talking about this a few weeks ago too, but Hunter's character is so weird this season. Last season he definitely still had the quirky personality, but his skills on the field were on point. Remember how he pulled a fairly long con on Bakshi that caused the HYDRA leadership to kill themselves off? That he single-handedly escaped from Gonzalez-SHIELD despite being unarmed and vastly outnumbered on enemy territory? I guess being a competent field agent is so boring that no one remembers it even happened.
He's still a capable agent, he just has issues after Bobbi was almost killed and that has made his attitude & approach to a lot of situations sloppier than it was before when he wasn't so hellbent on revenge.

Sobriquet

I wish they didn't make Andrew seem super-evil at the end of the episode. I think it would've worked better if they played it straight.

I wish they didn't make Andrew seem super-evil at the end of the episode. I think it would've worked better if they played it straight.

This. It annoys me because know that they've revealed that Andrew is Lash the will completely change his personality to be "I'm the big bad of the season watch as my evil drips off of me every scene".

Shit is so amateur hour.

Johndoey

Banned
This. It annoys me because know that they've revealed that Andrew is Lash the will completely change his personality to be "I'm the big bad of the season watch as my evil drips off of me every scene".

Shit is so amateur hour.

It is unfortunate they seem to be going that route with it.

Cuburt

Yeah, still don't remember.

Even a broken clock can beat HYDRA twice a day.

Fitz and Simmons have more memorable moments as field agents.

BBboy20

Well damn.. They could've eaten the food on the way. Don't throw it away..

Fuck.
You know, having Coulson eating the burger while watching inhumans be prepped away would have been genius.

New Clip of Rosalind and Skye talking it out.

#teamrosalind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVAWi6K0JzY

Other storyline should be dedicated to stealthing and (superheroically) knifing fools but whatever.

OH SHIT, HUNTER should be the comedic ramifications of chaos theory going by his stint.

Wait, the Bus was CGI during the reveal?

Huh, you're right.

Top Bottom