• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romulus

You gotta love how these craft are so advanced, mind bogglingly so, far beyond our comprehension.... And keep crashing, silly aliens.

I mean chimps would probably think sailboats and ships are amazing if they could comprehend them, but you put a Somali pirate on one, and stuff happens that isn't supposed to. Hirillously so despite the pirates behind apex primates.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
New small tidbits of the NewsNation interview are being teased everyday. Full interview was 7 hours long, when will they just release the whole thing? Or are they going to drip-feed us shit for months? Super annoying.

Newest clip isn’t worth watching except the excerpt about “malevolent intent”, meaning, occasionally they’ve tried to harm humans. And that there’s “known methods” for shooting down craft.

This all sounds so insanely ridiculous, and I’m not a “UFO Guy” whatsoever but these claims do have my attention.

DosGamer

I believe this guy and I also believe that this shit has been going on for some time. Just takes a few brave people to enlighten the rest of us.
People that say we cant wrap our heads around the idea... I think for the most part are full of shit. The people that cant fathom this are probably the same people that have old fashioned views of racism, abortion etc... etc.. etc...
We are one planet of possibly millions to billions of other planets, yet we are the only ones with life. This isnt scary to me.... this is evolution.

Golgo 13

1 hour version on sunday iirc
1 hour special. There could be a grand total of 5 minutes of the actual interview if any of the past coverage is anything to go by. As people have said, the “mainstream news media model” is so outdated - Grusch going on an unedited Podcast and talking for 2 hours would be much more gratifying than this nonsense.

Golgo 13

I believe this guy and I also believe that this shit has been going on for some time. Just takes a few brave people to enlighten the rest of us.
People that say we cant wrap our heads around the idea... I think for the most part are full of shit. The people that cant fathom this are probably the same people that have old fashioned views of racism, abortion etc... etc.. etc...
We are one planet of possibly millions to billions of other planets, yet we are the only ones with life. This isnt scary to me.... this is evolution.
I don’t know… I’ve told a PHD holding friend of mine about this and she basically cut me off and said “fake” without ever reading the article. I think people have been fed so much nonsense over the years that they refuse to open themselves up to the possibility. It’s also part of the stigma - talking about this, even with the unimpeachable credentials of Grusch and the fact that he testified under oath to congress etc, will likely have people looking at you sideways. 🤷🏻‍♂️

noonjam

1 hour special. There could be a grand total of 5 minutes of the actual interview if any of the past coverage is anything to go by. As people have said, the “mainstream news media model” is so outdated - Grusch going on an unedited Podcast and talking for 2 hours would be much more gratifying than this nonsense.
With the average attention span the general public has these days they basically have to do it this way. if they just plopped the whole 7 hour interview online all at once sadly very few people would actually pay attention. As sad as it is the average person wants sound bites and that's it.

Golgo 13

With the average attention span the general public has these days they basically have to do it this way. if they just plopped the whole 7 hour interview online all at once sadly very few people would actually pay attention. As sad as it is the average person wants sound bites and that's it.
Agreed. I guess optimistically it would be ideal if that 1 hour special was just a highlight reel of the 7 hour interview. That’s all I want. I just don’t want a bunch of “experts” interjecting their opinions in the middle of it all, or a newscaster coming in and making commentary. Lol. Let the man speak.

DosGamer

I dont think our civilization would be where it is today without the help of other beings that taught us technology and forward thinking. I cant wait for the day when this is all revealed. I do question what the bigger picture holds. If it does come out to be true, people are going to rethink everything aspect of what we know. Could be the dawn of a new age for mankind.

BA versus AA - Before Aliens/ After Aliens would be the new time line.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Grusch report is fascinating, and seems very credible. He's certainly putting his neck out there by filing this as a whistleblower report to Congress, so I don't think he's just lying.

Now second hand knowledge and all that, who knows exactly what they do or don't have, but hopefully he offers enough detail that Congress can follow up.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I don't believe the guy.
He is just another loud mouth as for now. No proof whatsoever.
We had TONS of guys like that.

And one thing that always annoys me with this stuff is that it's always about uSA USA USA "we as american people deserve the truth!!!"
Excuse me? Aiens are not yours. It is a global concern if it was real. And if it was real and USA had "plenty of crashes space ships", then Many places around the world would have them too and there is no chance in hell everyone would be able to keep it a secret.
one thing that fans of this theories forget - USA is not the whole world.

SF Kosmo

Yeah, one guy, who hasn't seen any of this shit himself, but has been supposedly told about it by others, with zero evidence. Sounds real credible fellas.
He's providing evidentiary materials to Congress, they just aren't public. Now those materials may be more evidence of "the existence of a program" rather than a detailed inventory but I want to see where it goes.
I don't believe the guy.

And one thing that always annoys me with this stuff is that it's always about uSA USA USA "we as american people deserve the truth!!!"
Excuse me? Aiens are not yours. It is a global concern if it was real. And if it was real and USA had "plenty of crashes space ships", then Many places around the world would have them too and there is no chance in hell everyone would be able to keep it a secret.
He does claim that other countries have them as well, and that there is an arms race to reverse engineer them.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
He's providing evidentiary materials to Congress, they just aren't public. Now those materials may be more evidence of "the existence of a program" rather than a detailed inventory but I want to see where it goes.

He does claim that other countries have them as well, and that there is an arms race to reverse engineer them.
ok then but can there really even be a possibility that it would be kept a secret ?
And if so, what does that entails ?!

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
ok then but can there really even be a possibility that it would be kept a secret ?
There could be a photo dump tomorrow of a 100 alien spacecraft in a hangar and many wouldn't believe it. People for many reasons don't want to believe that we aren't special. As far as being able to cover it up for so long without leaks? Yeah, that'd be tough. The only thing I can think of is that even on a world wide scale VERY FEW people have the access.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
There could be a photo dump tomorrow of a 100 alien spacecraft in a hangar and many wouldn't believe it. People for many reasons don't want to believe that we aren't special. As far as being able to cover it up for so long without leaks? Yeah, that'd be tough. The only thing I can think of is that even on a world wide scale VERY FEW people have the access.
Well it is only smart to doubt everything nowadays.
Deepfakes, cgi, internet. I've never been less trusty

noonjam

except we have had leaks, over and over and over through the years. every time it happens people just say the person is crazy, media won't cover it or if they do it's to make fun of it.

There's just a disinformation campaign that's existed since bluebook to make anyone who takes this seriously look like crazy people.

SF Kosmo

Decades of incredulity around the issue make it unnecessary to really keep things secret. Info comes out and people dismiss it as kooky and that's enough, right?

I mean we're at the point where the government can even openly talk about shooting down unidentified craft and releasing videos of all this stuff and most people still don't take it seriously.

tommolb

I'll believe aliens exist only when they land in Trafalgar Square and do interviews with all the TV stations and all this is shown in reputable mainstream TV, reported in reputable newspapers and authenticated by reputable scientists and is confirmed by multiple government officials worldwide.

Too many fake videos, fake pictures, fake audio, crazy people wanting to cash in and be famous to believe any of the stuff that crops up.

midnightAI

I don't believe the guy.

Heck, in the UK we can't even keep partying MP's secret

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Impossible to believe aliens have tech to traverse the galaxy only to crash on a planet.
That's stupid way to think.
Traversing the space to them might be as natural or easy as walking to us or driving a car.
But thy might be dumb idiots otherwise.
If any of this crap is real, you could not keep thinking in our physics and our reasoning

This all sounds so insanely ridiculous, and I’m not a “UFO Guy” whatsoever but these claims do have my attention.
Joining Welcome Home GIF

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Unless these aliens have found a way to bend the laws of physics, I just don't see them getting here. Sure there's probably life out there, but that's not what is being discussies here.

I keep hearing that the UAPs are unmanned or "manned" by greys that are actually AI. If true, I'm thinking that it'd still be proof of alien life if we can somehow confirm they didn't come from a past or breakaway human civilization.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Not the biggest fan of Tucker Carlson, but the quip about aliens and UFOs on his Twitter show was spot-on.

You gotta love how these craft are so advanced, mind bogglingly so, far beyond our comprehension.... And keep crashing, silly aliens.

Considering that we have zero info on how they crashed or why, maybe take a wait and see approach before lampooning something that we don’t understand?

Skeptics do a great job positioning aliens like gods, but we have no idea what they are or what their weaknesses are, or more importantly, their motive(s).

Last edited:

lethial

Reeeeeeee
It's pretty interesting stuff, but it seems to be a bit of a cycle that these guys pop up with information that everybody wants to hear, just enough info for the die-hard belivers to be strung along waiting for that "gotcha" moment. I seem to remember something like this in the late '80s or early '90s. I don't believe we're alone in the universe, but I also don't believe aliens or anything are visiting Earth.

JimRyanGOAT

Honestly, I'm going with the simulation hypothesis

Our universe was created in a lab, a hologram or shadow of a higher dimension of reality.

This is where string theory is actually heading too, the higher dimension part not the future human/ai being the creators part :messenger_grinning_sweat:

noonjam

Canada attends first-of-its-kind UFO briefing at the Pentagon
Amid extraordinary new claims, U.S. office delivers its first briefing to allied nations

The Canadian government has confirmed its participation in a first-of-its kind international meeting on unidentified flying objects hosted at United States military headquarters. The gathering at the Pentagon late last month comes amid a burst of activity in Washington and eye-popping news reports related to so-called Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP). It featured a U.S.-led briefing to visitors from nations of the Five Eyes intelligence-sharing alliance, which includes Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The Canadian Department of National Defence told CBC News in an email that Canada attended the meeting, led by a Royal Canadian Air Force representative. "The details of the meeting remain classified," DND said in an email. "It can be characterized as the sharing of information on the subject of UAP and no further details can be shared at this time."

Last edited:
Rumour is this guy is going to talk about Mussolini's UFO.
Here's the story and some research into the documents and persons related to it:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
David Grush body language analysis

I hate this sort of thing. Its entirely impossible to come to any firm conclusion just on the basis of bits of video footage; without a baseline reading and an interrogatory process that is guided by following body language responses it's just a bunch of generalizations.

PSYGN

I hate this sort of thing. Its entirely impossible to come to any firm conclusion just on the basis of bits of video footage; without a baseline reading and an interrogatory process that is guided by following body language responses it's just a bunch of generalizations.
I do, too. That said, I kinda find his mannerisms off-putting and almost braggadocious. We'll see if anything comes of it.

Sorcerer

Apparently the footage from one of the UFOs that was downed over Alaska

If this was real it would be pretty wild. But the skeptic in me thinks that Aliens would not be flying aircraft that looks like how they are interpreted in movies from the 1950's and 1960's. I would think that their craft would be beyond our imaginations and somewhat terrifying. Of course one could assume it's just a scout from a mothership.

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
If this was real it would be pretty wild. But the skeptic in me thinks that Aliens would not be flying aircraft that looks like how they are interpreted in movies from the 1950's and 1960's. I would think that their craft would be beyond our imaginations and somewhat terrifying. Of course one could assume it's just a scout from a mothership.
Another poster already stated the video is bullshit.

Raonak

Banned
The people that cant fathom this are probably the same people that have old fashioned views of racism, abortion etc... etc.. etc...

Most people believe don't believe we're the only planet with life.

But to say that aliens are here without any hard, replicable proof is where most people draw the line.
Especially when it's so easy to fake stuff, and especially when we have no evidence of alien activity in space.
If there were pictures of these UFOs appearing on mars or in space, then people would be far more likely to believe they're aliens.

It's good to be skeptical of these things, because humans have a history of attributing things they don't understand to "higher" beings.
whether that be gods, or aliens, or time travellers, or simulations, etc.

Last edited:

midnightAI

Most people believe don't believe we're the only planet with life.

But to say that aliens are here without any hard, replicable proof is where most people draw the line.
Especially when it's so easy to fake stuff, and especially when we have no evidence of alien activity in space.
If there were pictures of these UFOs appearing on mars or in space, then people would be far more likely to believe they're aliens.

It's good to be skeptical of these things, because humans have a history of attributing things they don't understand to "higher" beings.
whether that be gods, or aliens, or time travellers, or simulations, etc.
The main skeptic in me is just the size of space, it's ridiculously huge, distances between solar systems is ginormous.

Yes, I get it, this is just our understanding of physics etc. But until I see evidence otherwise then it's hard to believe we have been visited simply due to that (would like to be proved wrong though, I think, maybe.... We come in peace, don't shoot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom