• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Grush body language analysis

Body language "experts" are bullshit. Also, his noting "he's shaking his head no" isn't correct, in those moments, he's just kind of moving his head around, not a head shake no.
If you're going to debunk UAP people because you think it's pseudoscience or complete bullshit, don't use pseudoscience and bullshit to do it.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I do, too. That said, I kinda find his mannerisms off-putting and almost braggadocious. We'll see if anything comes of it.

I've always been fascinated by the application of psychological/behavioural principles as an investigative tool, which is why when its trotted out like some sort of parlour trick it bugs me some because I feel like it undermines its credibility.

In an extreme case like this with an apparently credible whistle-blower (based on background) making such out-there allegations through official channels, there are really only a handful of possible motivations. All of which have to be extremely stressful to the individual making the claim!

And as emotional/physiological stress are the things that are being used as markers for truthfulness... As you say, waiting to see is definitely the right thing at this point.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Big piece of reporting done by Michael Shellenberger (formerly of NYT, very credible investigative journalist) on the Grusch story which is worth checking out. It can be found here. Here's a snippet describing the craft:

"Some of the same sources who shared information with Grusch, as well as others, spoke to Public about retrieved spacecraft that they say is in the possession of the U.S. government. “I know of at least 12-15 craft,” said one person, who said they shared the information with AARO and Congress. “Every five years, we get one or two recovered for one reason or another, from either a landing or that we catch, or they just crash.” A different contractor said, “There were at least four morphologies, different structures. Six were in good shape; six were not in good shape. There were cases where the craft landed, and the occupants left the craft unoccupied. There have been high-level people, including generals, who have placed their hand on the craft, and I would have no reason to disbelieve them.” One source described having seen three kinds of craft, including one shaped like a triangle and another that “looked like a chopped up helicopter, with the front bubble of a Huey helicopter, with the plastic windows, or more like a deep sea submarine, with a thick piece of glass bubble shaped, and where the tail rudder should have been, it was a black, egg-shaped pancake, and instead of landing gear it had upside-down rams horns that went from the top to the bottom and rested on the ends of the horns.”

Sounds fucking insane.

Also powerful commentary by Tucker Carlson on the Grusch story. He's absolutely right.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Big piece of reporting done by Michael Shellenberger (formerly of NYT, very credible investigative journalist) on the Grusch story which is worth checking out. It can be found here. Here's a snippet describing the craft:

"Some of the same sources who shared information with Grusch, as well as others, spoke to Public about retrieved spacecraft that they say is in the possession of the U.S. government. “I know of at least 12-15 craft,” said one person, who said they shared the information with AARO and Congress. “Every five years, we get one or two recovered for one reason or another, from either a landing or that we catch, or they just crash.” A different contractor said, “There were at least four morphologies, different structures. Six were in good shape; six were not in good shape. There were cases where the craft landed, and the occupants left the craft unoccupied. There have been high-level people, including generals, who have placed their hand on the craft, and I would have no reason to disbelieve them.” One source described having seen three kinds of craft, including one shaped like a triangle and another that “looked like a chopped up helicopter, with the front bubble of a Huey helicopter, with the plastic windows, or more like a deep sea submarine, with a thick piece of glass bubble shaped, and where the tail rudder should have been, it was a black, egg-shaped pancake, and instead of landing gear it had upside-down rams horns that went from the top to the bottom and rested on the ends of the horns.”

Sounds fucking insane.

10288725_751836461528703_976555452924372552_n.jpg

sono

"It looked like a chopped up helicopter, with the front bubble of a Huey helicopter, with the plastic windows, or more like a deep sea submarine, with a thick piece of glass bubble shaped, and where the tail rudder should have been, it was a black egg, shaped pancake and instead of landing gear it had upside-down rams horns that went from the top to the bottom and rested on the ends of the horns'."

I can not picture the craft that textual description is intending to portray, any one care to take a crack at drawing it ?

(is it a helicopter or a submarine and what is a black egg shaped pancake for a tail rudder )

MilkyJoe

"It looked like a chopped up helicopter, with the front bubble of a Huey helicopter, with the plastic windows, or more like a deep sea submarine, with a thick piece of glass bubble shaped, and where the tail rudder should have been, it was a black egg, shaped pancake and instead of landing gear it had upside-down rams horns that went from the top to the bottom and rested on the ends of the horns'."

I can not picture the craft that textual description is intending to portray, any one care to take a crack at drawing it ?

(is it a helicopter or a submarine and what is a black egg shaped pancake for a tail rudder )
Post above yours

Golgo 13

Description is weird and without follow up questions to clarify, we’re really just left to use our imaginations to fill in the blanks. My mind doesn’t want to picture something so odd and asymmetrical - I’d like to picture exotic craft to be more streamlined and sophisticated - single color, simple shape etc. But again, that’s just what we’ve been trained to think from movies/media/science fiction. 🤷🏻‍♂️. Somehow it makes it more terrifying lol

The pilots from the 2017 report mentioned the tic tacs have 2 appendages underneath, like pitot tubes.

Unless these aliens have found a way to bend the laws of physics, I just don't see them getting here. Sure there's probably life out there, but that's not what is being discussies here.
You're assuming they're doing insaaaane stuff to get here.

I firmly believe they ALREADY ARE here. Some footage worthy of your time i.e. coming from the water, volcanoes... Expand your mind!

Unless these aliens have found a way to bend the laws of physics, I just don't see them getting here. Sure there's probably life out there, but that's not what is being discussies here.
I think the current couch theories are they’re von neumann probes or something from a culture millions of years advanced from us, sent out millions of years ago. Self replicating, and here, but not travelling across the stars now.

Last edited:

Golgo 13

Rogan finally commented on this today on his podcast with Andy Stumpf. I love Rogan but he was woefully uninformed on the Grusch revelations - he literally had to watch NewsNation videos with Andy to vaguely form a picture of what had happened. He also oscillated between “This guy is full of shit” to “Let’s have him on the podcast”. Again, no idea of any of the details - the sworn testimony, the impeccable credentials Grusch has, the fact that Grusch submitted PROOF to congress, etc. And Stumpf did not add anything valuable to the conversation, only sounding off with vaguely informed statements about how military clearances work etc.

I don’t understand how I, not even a UFO aficionado AT ALL could know more than Rogan on this particular case :/

Oh well. Best case scenario is that Grusch comes on the podcast but after his throw away “This guy is full of shit” comments, I doubt it.

Last edited:

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Saw this. Weird that they blacked out the backyard in the body cam footsge. Also, the family *had* to of taken photos/video if they called 911 and made those claims, right? Where are they?
yup. also, like wtf these beings and ship were in the backyard and what happened... like surely the family watched them leave. and like the backyard has t have traces of damage/landing/taking off. etc etc. i mean ground zero first hand experience multiple witnesses.....wth?!

also, the body cam footage isnt much of anything.

its such a weird story and for being such a public event its even more odd how much is censored....also....who the hell would be staying calm explaining their story to the police. just odd.

theres SO much more, or atleast should be, to this story then the minute of conversation we hear

Last edited:

Setzer

yup. also, like wtf these beings and ship were in the backyard and what happened... like surely the family watched them leave. and like the backyard has t have traces of damage/landing/taking off. etc etc. i mean ground zero first hand experience multiple witnesses.....wth?!

also, the body cam footage isnt much of anything.

its such a weird story and for being such a public event its even more odd how much is censored....also....who the hell would be staying calm explaining their story to the police. just odd.

theres SO much more, or atleast should be, to this story then the minute of conversation we hear
The kid who claimed he saw the spaceship land and the 8-10ft aliens that climbed out of it made his own YouTube channel called "Alien Society51" and even designed his own logo for it. You can watch him discuss his encounter here....

MilkyJoe

Ok, man goes on the TV saying that US government has 12 crashed/landed flying UFOs, next day a UFO crashes in NV and aliens are running around?

thinking think GIF by You Need a Budget (YNAB)

Now I want to see aliens as much as anyone, but come on, what are the odds of that? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

midnightAI

We are are bringing them down. Thaty's why so may sightings followed by millitary jets.
Riiiighhht. So alien race, stupidly advanced, travels billions of miles with technology for that to happen, so much so that we are the equivalent of cave men, and we shoot it down risking a war with said alien race? If that's the case then we deserve to get wiped out due to sheer stupidity.

Riiiighhht. So alien race, stupidly advanced, travels billions of miles with technology for that to happen, so much so that we are the equivalent of cave men, and we shoot it down risking a war with said alien race? If that's the case then we deserve to get wiped out due to sheer stupidity.
The idea is they’re not travelling billions of miles now, but these are drones or something, von neumann probes or whatever, capable of self replicating, maybe ai driven, and they don’t really give too much of a shit/things break down occasionally despite being obviously super high tech.

midnightAI

The idea is they’re not travelling billions of miles now, but these are drones or something, von neumann probes or whatever, capable of self replicating, maybe ai driven, and they don’t really give too much of a shit/things break down occasionally despite being obviously super high tech.
Ok, cool....
1, how do we know they don't give a shit about being shot down
2, how do we know if any attack on a drone is not seen as an act of aggression
3, how do we know before shooting said things down that they aren't manned? (If alien, size doesn't come into it because they could be 1 inch tall for all we know)

Crashing, I accept, except there are supposed to be loads of these things (a couple a year?), and they keep crashing, yet have massively advanced technology/AI.

Last edited:
Ok, cool....
1, how do we know they don't give a shit about being shit down
3, how do we know before shooting said things down that they aren't manned? (If alien, size doesn't come into it because they could be 1 inch tall for all we know)

Crashing, I accept, except there are supposed to be loads of these things (a couple a year?), and they keep crashing, yet have massively advanced technology/AI.
Yeah no I get it. Not suggesting shooting shit down is a good idea haha. I think I misunderstood what you were saying, because I’m an idiot.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

The news said this morning the pentagon said there might be a mothership parked u in our solar system. HAHA!!!

But your statement is true. There is a possibility that a manned "space ark" could be flying through space over a period of generations, they may have left 1000 years ago and just arrived!

The news said this morning the pentagon said there might be a mothership parked u in our solar system. HAHA!!!

But your statement is true. There is a possibility that a manned "space ark" could be flying through space over a period of generations, they may have left 1000 years ago and just arrived!
Wait, where did they say motherships?!
Man this is some entertaining stuff.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
The kid who claimed he saw the spaceship land and the 8-10ft aliens that climbed out of it made his own YouTube channel called "Alien Society51" and even designed his own logo for it. You can watch him discuss his encounter here....

As much as I want to believe in Aliens this ain't it. In this day and age the 1st thing anyone does is run, grab their cellphones and start recording. You got E.T in your backyard? I need receipts.

ZehDon

Ok, cool....
1, how do we know they don't give a shit about being shot down

Point 3 is something we can't determine until we've shot one down and looked inside. Points 1 and 2, though, are easier: if you can send a drone to look at another lifeform on a different planet, you're smart enough to expect two key responses to your drones: curiosity and/or aggression. If primitive aliens blew up a mars rover, I can't imagine we'd hold too much of a grudge over it. Wantonly killing dozens of our pilots and stealing our technology, however?
I agree on the crashes I'm reading about, too: if these craft are supposedly advanced enough to outright defy out current understanding of physics... how are they "crashing"? The sheer number of failsafe's we build into our own aircraft with our current scientific understanding makes crashes a pretty rare event. If you can outright defy gravity, I'd imagine your failsafe's are equally as developed. Seems... odd.
In any case, can't wait to see what else comes out. Been a wild few days.

Last edited:
Not gonna bother reading this entire thread as there is way too much info here, but I am just going to say this.

You (You as in, people in general, not anyone specific here) have to be incredibly close minded and ignorant to believe that the human race is the only one in existence in the universe/galaxy.

There is 100% far more intelligent (and even maybe less as well) alien/civilization race out there. Whether they have visited us or not is a whole different story.

As far as the government goes, fuck the government, they are your enemy and I do not trust anything they do or say and they hide shit all the time for their own benefit to keep us stupid and uninformed.

I genuinely believe that there is life out there that is looking at us right now and analyzing who are we and what we do. We are probably nothing to them. How do they look us? Either by far far more advanced technology or by some other means. There is 100% a higher power out there.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Not gonna bother reading this entire thread as there is way too much info here, but I am just going to say this.

You (You as in, people in general, not anyone specific here) have to be incredibly close minded and ignorant to believe that the human race is the only one in existence in the universe/galaxy.

There is 100% far more intelligent (and even maybe less as well) alien/civilization race out there. Whether they have visited us or not is a whole different story.

As far as the government goes, fuck the government, they are your enemy and I do not trust anything they do or say and they hide shit all the time for their own benefit to keep us stupid and uninformed.

I genuinely believe that there is life out there that is looking at us right now and analyzing who are we and what we do. We are probably nothing to them. How do they look us? Either by far far more advanced technology or by some other means. There is 100% a higher power out there.
I agree it takes an enormous amount of arrogance and closes mindedness to believe we are the only ones out there.

Anyone else feel that all of these news drops and the cadence in which they're occurring is just some sort of preparation to finally drop some substantial news on us?
I need to check with my mainstream bellwether (i.e., my family, who are way less weird than me) to gauge their take on all the news. If they still think it's bogus, then, no, we won't see a big reveal. If they're like, "Yeah, we know. Don't really care", then it's prime time.

Kind of like checking in with the groundhog to see when spring will hit

Anyone else feel that all of these news drops and the cadence in which they're occurring is just some sort of preparation to finally drop some substantial news on us?
I want to, but ultimately don’t. Reading a bunch of stuff, it feels like there’s always been a cycle of ufos are real, okay let’s talk about it, okay nothing/discredit, for like 90 years.

But we’ll see. Like I said, I want this to be real.

Fools idol

Banned
seems like to me that a comet or something hit the earth and these kids decided to make up some bullshit story at the same time and got lucky that cops caught it all on body cam.

Ammogeddon

I believe that there’s life elsewhere in the universe but, as cool as it would be, I don’t believe we have been visited.

My suspicion is that this is all a build up towards the US dropping out of the Outer Space Treaty and spending a ridiculous amount of money putting WMD in space.

I think the prospect of a country having absolute power over all others is far more frightening than little green men visiting us.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Space_Treaty

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

Interesting - i dunno all of this seems easy to fake. That ring in the yard is new to me, prob what was censored out in the news video.

Really really dont like his choice of words or reading off index cards.

“Out of body experience”. Come on bruh. Hes using vernacular to evoke certain feelings and images in your head…

So theres no end to the story, the family went inside heard footsteps and the ship and creatures were randomly gone. No noises lights or anythign. Also no photo evidence of literally standing feet from said craft or monsters

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom