• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Proof: Here is a congressman saying he'e seen the UAP
Response: "Oh but he's just a corrupt politician", "This is a psy op"
Proof: Here's pictures of the craft
Response: "Those aren't clear enough... you can fake that"
Proof: Here's a 4k picture of the craft
Response: "That's AI generated... or photoshop"
Proof: Here's a photo of a dead pilot
Response: "Hollywood bullshit... AI generated"

It will literally never end.

Completely spot-on.

And just for sanity's sake: this is the legendary Gordon Cooper, aka, one of the guys from "The Right Stuff" and one of the first American astronauts. There was literally nobody higher up in terms of top secret flights than this guy.

If someone can watch this, and still deny the existence of something, then I really don't even know what to say or what would ever do the trick. Even a personal sighting would be rationalized or downplayed!

Last edited:
Completely spot-on.

And just for sanity's sake: this is the legendary Gordon Cooper, aka, one of the guys from "The Right Stuff" and one of the first American astronauts. There was literally nobody higher up in terms of top secret flights than this guy.

If someone can watch this, and still deny the existence of something, then I really don't even know what to say or what would ever do the trick. Even a personal sighting would be rationalized or downplayed!

I hadn't seen this. Wow. I'd say he's pretty trustworthy

Fools idol

Banned
I hadn't seen this. Wow. I'd say he's pretty trustworthy

hahahah

Ah yes, the Sirius project, the one ran by Steven Greer, who on multiple occasions was exposed for paying large amounts of money to retired 'sources' to create stories about UFO's to market his project and eventual movie and book?

Nothing that Greer puts out or has involvement with should be believed. He is a known and exposed con artist.

midnightAI

Okay so now we've got a member of Congress saying on national television, publically, that he's seen a UAP in military possession. Is he lying too? Is he "mistaken" and is it just a new jet? A drone? A toy? How much more proof do people need? Completely fucking insane this isn't front page news everywhere at this point. I think we'll reach a point where multiple Congress/Senate/Intelligence people will come out and say "This is %100 real and I've touched the craft and been inside" and it will still be relegated to the corners of the Internet and news clips on 4chan.

As I said in my previous post, I think the denial in people is so strong that they'll never process this even if UAP landed in their front yard - their denial will enable them to constantly move the goal post indefinitely.

In regards to photo evidence, yes, that can be faked, but it can also be checked to see how valid the photos are. With no physical evidence you can't check at all. The scenario you are saying above hasn't happened, all we have so far is.... 'Trust me bro', there are no photos we can say are fake or otherwise.

This is the issue here, not fake evidence but lack of evidence other than someones word. (Not saying if this person is telling the truth or not)

hahahah

Ah yes, the Sirius project, the one ran by Steven Greer, who on multiple occasions was exposed for paying large amounts of money to retired 'sources' to create stories about UFO's to market his project and eventual movie and book?

Nothing that Greer puts out or has involvement with should be believed. He is a known and exposed con artist.
Why would old man astronaut Gordon Cooper lie though? I don't even know if he could. Astronauts are are like Jim Carrey in Liar Liar

Wildebeest

I don't care about all this "real disclosure coming soon" endless teasing or "highly trustworthy person says totally unverifiable things". Shit or get off the pot. Produce real objective material evidence. Show alien tech working and doing things beyond our understanding. Not in a CGI "documentary". Otherwise, I sleep.

Okay so now we've got a member of Congress saying on national television, publically, that he's seen a UAP in military possession. Is he lying too? Is he "mistaken" and is it just a new jet? A drone? A toy? How much more proof do people need? Completely fucking insane this isn't front page news everywhere at this point. I think we'll reach a point where multiple Congress/Senate/Intelligence people will come out and say "This is %100 real and I've touched the craft and been inside" and it will still be relegated to the corners of the Internet and news clips on 4chan.

As I said in my previous post, I think the denial in people is so strong that they'll never process this even if UAP landed in their front yard - their denial will enable them to constantly move the goal post indefinitely.

My personal problem is that there is enough conflicting evidence out there that eventually a story will break that fits my worldview. So then I become skeptical again because I know there are other plausible narratives that conflict. Throw in the long history of intentional disinformation and who tf knows what to believe.

Which I think is the point: flood us with enough conflicting evidence so that we fully believe something and also CANT BELIEVE someone else could believe another story that seems utterly bogus to us. Seems like a good way to bury the truth in a pile of bullshit.

Maybe Fools idol Fools idol is right, and Gordon Cooper is lying through his teeth, but he didnt strike me as disingenuous. At all. And his testimony just happened to align with my personal worldview.

So...whats true?

noonjam

Manitoba MP suggests Canada, allies aware of 'recovered UAP' or UFO materials in note to defence minister​

Letter from MP Larry Maguire (Brandon-Souris) urges minister to develop public communication plan on UAPs

A Manitoba member of Parliament wrote Canada's minister of defence this spring suggesting the country has participated in a secret multi-nation program devoted to "the recovery and exploitation" of material from unidentified aerial phenomenon, more commonly known as unidentified flying objects or UFOs.

Last week, the podcast Weaponized published a letter that appears to be from Brandon-Souris MP Larry Maguire addressed to Defence Minister Anita Anand on March 22, 2023. Other copies appeared online weeks earlier.

Citing meetings with unnamed "American officials," Maguire suggests Defence Research and Development Canada "is in possession of recovered UAP material."

"As Minister of National Defence, you may not be aware [DRDC] has participated in efforts to analyze UAP," reads a portion of the letter.

"It is incumbent your department inform you what collaborative efforts have occurred with our allies and the details of existing agreements and memorandum of understanding that govern the program and may have been co-ordinated through Global Affairs."

The letter refers to a "Five Eyes Foreign Material Program" Maguire says exists between Canada, the U.S., U.K., Australia and New Zealand that has been sponsored by Canadian Forces Intelligence Command Canada.

The Conservative MP goes on to write "it is essential" Canada's chief science advisor be let in on the program.

Maguire calls for more parliamentary oversight and for Anand and the Canadian government to develop a public communication plan ahead of what he termed "upcoming public revelations that will stem from these American [foreign material programs]."

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
In regards to photo evidence, yes, that can be faked, but it can also be checked to see how valid the photos are. With no physical evidence you can't check at all. The scenario you are saying above hasn't happened, all we have so far is.... 'Trust me bro', there are no photos we can say are fake or otherwise.

This is the issue here, not fake evidence but lack of evidence other than someones word. (Not saying if this person is telling the truth or not)
You don’t think the Department Of Defense released videos, including the TicTac footage, and 2015 footage count as some form of evidence? No one inside *or* outside the government has been able to explain those.

I also know there’s photos from over the years that haven’t been able to be fully debunked. That’s not to say they’re Alien spacecraft, but it’s not like every single thing released in the 80 year history of this has been credibly debunked. Which brings me full circle -

- David Grusch providing testimony under oath (under which presenting false evidence or testimony is a CRIME) to congress and ICIG *along* with members of the actual legacy recovery program making statements as well.

*****THE ABOVE IS CRITICAL******

- Intelligence community Inspector General releasing a statement in response to Grusch’s claims and testimony that have been deemed “credible and urgent”.

- Multiple members of Congress who’ve seen evidence admitting there’s “something going on here”.

So if Grusch and the members of the legacy retrieval programs are lying, they will be sent to prison for a considerable amount of time.

Let’s think critically about this, and avoid the knee-jerk, reflexive, ivory-tower idiocy that surrounds this:

Why would these people ruin their lives by lying to Congress and going to prison? For the LOL’s? For attention? These aren’t 4Chan posts. They’re credible people who are putting their *lives on the line* to bring this out.

tommolb

You don’t think the Department Of Defense released videos, including the TicTac footage, and 2015 footage count as some form of evidence? No one inside *or* outside the government has been able to explain those.

I also know there’s photos from over the years that haven’t been able to be fully debunked. That’s not to say they’re Alien spacecraft, but it’s not like every single thing released in the 80 year history of this has been credibly debunked. Which brings me full circle -

- David Grusch providing testimony under oath (under which presenting false evidence or testimony is a CRIME) to congress and ICIG *along* with members of the actual legacy recovery program making statements as well.

*****THE ABOVE IS CRITICAL******

- Intelligence community Inspector General releasing a statement in response to Grusch’s claims and testimony that have been deemed “credible and urgent”.

- Multiple members of Congress who’ve seen evidence admitting there’s “something going on here”.

So if Grusch and the members of the legacy retrieval programs are lying, they will be sent to prison for a considerable amount of time.

Let’s think critically about this, and avoid the knee-jerk, reflexive, ivory-tower idiocy that surrounds this:

Why would these people ruin their lives by lying to Congress and going to prison? For the LOL’s? For attention? These aren’t 4Chan posts. They’re credible people who are putting their *lives on the line* to bring this out.
It cannot be proved they're lying, nor can it be proved they're telling the truth. Meanwhile they get publicity, get a nice book deal, paid to do interviews and go to conventions to tell their "story". In other words there's little risk and much reward.

Thank you for your wonderful contribution to the thread.
dwayne johnson youre welcome GIF

I don’t think we need to take Tucker Carlson’s complete lack of understanding of physics as something other than a worthless pile of shit.

Last edited:

Manitoba MP suggests Canada, allies aware of 'recovered UAP' or UFO materials in note to defence minister​

Letter from MP Larry Maguire (Brandon-Souris) urges minister to develop public communication plan on UAPs

As a Canadian, whenever I read the news about some politician from a backwater talking about UAPs, it makes me laugh. This guy is from a district with a total population of like 88k. I don’t read what he’s saying as that he knows anything.

Last edited:
Sounds strangely plausible and also disturbing 😅. UAP sightings, the ones we’ve been able to record on military equipment (that have been released) have almost all been over water (on either coast). And many of those show the vehicles going in and out of water with unfathomable ease. 🤔

Probably bullshit but interesting nonetheless.
As soon as Bob Lazar gets mentioned on something like this, i’m

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

sono

I'd say he's pretty trustworthy
Ok let's go with it for a minute. He suggests we are out in the styx of the galaxy and closer in there are many space faring civilisations all flying about to the extent they occasionally come all the way out to good old planet earth. Why would they fly in groups in formation or buzz airliners or occasionally crash? Are we suggesting that these are metaphorical teenage boy racers out with their girlfriends for a laugh? Hey Jack let's go buzz an airliner tonight on planet earth and see what happens?

Last edited:
Ok let's go with it for a minute. He suggests we are out in the styx of the galaxy and closer in there are many space faring civilisations all flying about to the extent they occasionally come all the way out to good old planet earth. Why would they fly in groups in formation or buzz airliners or occasionally crash? Are we suggesting these are these the metaphorical teenage boy racers out with their girlfriends for a laugh? Hey Jack let's go buzz an airliner tonight on planet earth and see what happens?
Why they were doing what they were doing is his opinion or take on it. Why would he know it for a fact? The part that seemed trustworthy is what he and others claim to have seen

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Ok let's go with it for a minute. He suggests we are out in the styx of the galaxy and closer in there are many space faring civilisations all flying about to the extent they occasionally come all the way out to good old planet earth. Why would they fly in groups in formation or buzz airliners or occasionally crash? Are we suggesting these are these the metaphorical teenage boy racers out with their girlfriends for a laugh? Hey Jack let's go buzz an airliner tonight on planet earth and see what happens?

You're looking at the behaviour from a human lens. If they're aliens then they're behaviour will be unrecognisable to our own.

sono

No familiar with the site but could be interesting.

The document quotes the source as the UK Mirror. Google Mirror Space Signals - The mirror have been reporting on fast radio bursts since 2017

e.g

billions of light years away..

noonjam

It pulsed with a regular rhythm, brightening for 30 to 60 seconds once every 18.18 minutes. Nothing with a rhythm similar to this has been found before – most flashing radio objects in the sky pulse far faster, brightening and disappearing again in a matter of seconds. “No one really thought of looking for objects on this timescale because we couldn’t think of any mechanisms that produce them, and yet they exist,” said Hurley-Walker.

The pulsing indicates that the object is probably spinning, and other measurements of its light hint that it must have a powerful magnetic field. This led the researchers to suspect that it may be a magnetar, a type of neutron star with a particularly strong magnetic field, but it isn’t clear how a magnetar could rotate so slowly and shine so bright.

“I was concerned that it was aliens, but… it is across a very wide range of frequencies, and that means it must be a natural process – this is not an artificial signal,” said Hurley-Walker. She and her colleagues are now looking for more objects like this so we can figure out what they are.

nothing alien.

That said apparently this star/magnetar/pulsar may be in the news again soon enough along with some others.
There's a big announcement coming on the 29th? about neutrino/nano gravity wave detection. a bunch of different astrophysicists from around the world worked on it.

This is a good thread if you want the basics on what they may or may not announce

Last edited:

MMaRsu

It cannot be proved they're lying, nor can it be proved they're telling the truth. Meanwhile they get publicity, get a nice book deal, paid to do interviews and go to conventions to tell their "story". In other words there's little risk and much reward.
derpppppp

noonjam

I expect more and more stories like this in the future as the topic becomes less stigmatized and people feel brave enough to come forward. people talking about things that have happened to friends and family even themselves. Things they kept hidden and close to the chest because of the ridicule they knew they'd otherwise face.

Last edited:

nothing alien.

That said apparently this star/magnetar/pulsar may be in the news again soon enough along with some others.
There's a big announcement coming on the 29th? about neutrino/nano gravity wave detection. a bunch of different astrophysicists from around the world worked on it.

This is a good thread if you want the basics on what they may or may not announce

Uh... so... what is that?

sono

The youtube video of the author's father recounting some of what he saw under hypnosis (warning if you have delicate disposition about animal suffering)

Casper Star Tribune reporter who visited the ranch back then wrote this subsequent to his visit:

Last edited:

Golgo 13

My question is: Where does this all lead? And will it be relegated to 2 minute clips on YouTube from a relatively unknown news network? I mean really, if serious disclosures are made and no mainstream media covers it…. How much impact does it make? Sure, people following the stories will know, but the stigma may remain. And most people, as we’ve seen witnessed in this thread, are hell bent on their little sheltered existence not being completely shattered by huge revelations like this.

Sadly, there’s not as many critical thinkers in our society as we’d like to think.

Last edited:

sono

So, people have heard things from people who have seen things
Isn't that how news works.
Which news outlet would you trust or does it need the president to say oh we have had these a while we are letting you know now because. (insert excuse here)
?

Wildebeest

Which news outlet would you trust or does it need the president to say oh we have had these a while we are letting you know now because. (insert excuse here)
?
If someone as basically untrustworthy as a President said that alien tech in US labs was real but still couldn't produce any physical evidence, then it would settle it once and for all for me that the whole thing is a scam.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
?

News maybe. But not all news aligns with reality,

And no, not the US president saying something. An objective third party showing something would go a long way though.

Last edited:

tommolb

News maybe. But not all news aligns with reality,

And no, not the US president saying something. An objective third party showing something would go a long way though.
Now now, just cos some folks have sat in front of congress claiming that they've been told/seen a UFO in a US airbase we're now meant to all become true believers and if we don't then we 're not critical thinkers. /s

There was a news topic a few weeks ago from a sceptic that basically argued that if advanced alien civilizations were flying light years to Earth, why are they so bad at parking that they keep crashing? They had a point.

Fools idol

Banned
the fact of the matter is, not one single one of these so called 'high ranking trustworthy sources' has came forward with actual evidence, only stories.

The chances we would ever see such people live to tell a story to the public is very slim, and finding any evidence that is not confiscated by the government is even more impossible.

There is only one case, which was covered extensively by the worlds only (in my humble opinion) trustworthy UFOlogist researcher Stanton T. Friedman - and that is the Betty and barney hill case.

Friedman spent the vast majority of his adult life looking for physical, reputable and hard evidence of UFO activity and of the several thousand high profile cases he was involved with, he met and interviewed the Hills on many many occasions and said without a doubt in his mind it was the only case in his career that he believed was genuine.

Funnily enough, to me at least, Friedman did his homework on Bob Lazar and completely picked his case and story apart like a wet paper towel. He proved that Lazars supposed 'history' and education was complete nonsense, lies and false claims, making his story entirely less believable to say the least.

He died recently in 2019 sadly, but in his last few public appearances, reiterated again that anyone who cares about UFO history and the possible genuine cases worthy of further investigation, the Hills are the place to start. Not roswel, not bob lazar, not any 'high ranking officer' or paper or leaked footage. He also reinforced a few times just how disturbing some of the details of the case were, and the long lasting psychological effect it had not only on the Hill family, but his own life.

Fools idol

Banned
indeed, that is the one.

A few tidbits from it off the top of my head ...

- under hypnosis, and recorded, betty hill drew a detailed star map written entirely in ancient Latin which was later analysed by experts to be a near perfect depiction of the zeta reticuli star system. Neither betty or barney had the education or pre-exposure to the language of latin, especially not the specific version or dialect used of the map drawn.
- both betty and barney has a story that differs only in minor instances during awake interviews, but under hypnosis in separate recorded sessions, both of them recounted details that had not previously been spoken of, which had almost identical details.
- small aliens , 5 feet in size...
- betty suffered vivid nightmares after the incident that got intense and eventually ended abruptly
- mind control features heavily in the memories during hypnosis. The craft propulsion system also briefly explained by betty, supposedly given by the 'captain' of the craft, used an element that was not discovered for another 50+ years or so

Friedman gave some interesting thoughts before his death also.

- throughout his years of research, the most plausible cases seemed to indicate that whatever this phenomena is, the united states government seems as clueless on origins of the craft as anyone else. The various stories of supposed programs and people studying classified information he was able to verify turned up nothing but pure speculation.
- he did state that he believes ancient civilisations likely had whitnessed them to in varying degrees, and often referenced ancient artworks of egypt, myan cultures as having regular mentions and depictions of 'gods' that had flying craft.
- he studied a case during the 80's that a mountain in tibet had supposedly been excavated by american and british military after a monestary reported seeing lights in the sky and a large explosion nearby. Nothing was ever reported in the news on this case but he had met with several tibetan tribes and experts in the region that confirmed 'something' went down, and that something was indeed recovered, but it never went beyond that. No hard evidence, but he decided that tibetan monks that rarely saw the outside world had little to no exposure to UFO culture, so was a reputable source, and whatever they and their translator had seen scared them shitless.

Last edited:

Chiggs

Gold Member
the fact of the matter is, not one single one of these so called 'high ranking trustworthy sources' has came forward with actual evidence, only stories.

Grusch submitted evidence to Congress.

Grusch said when he turned over classified information about the vehicles to Congress he suffered retaliation from government officials.

The problem is that since the material is classified, he'd face the revocation of his security clearance, arrest or imprisonment had he gone public with it. And Congress isn't fully sharing.

I agree the whole situation is frustrating but that's the UFO field in general. Compelling, frustrating, maddening.

noonjam

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) is working on scheduling hearings with UAP whistleblower David Grusch, along with the current or former government officials who seem to corroborate some of his claims.

Gillibrand says they’ll be open to the public, if Grusch agrees to allow cameras in.

Last week, the senator announced she secured “full funding for the All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO) in the Senate Armed Services Committee’s markup of the FY24 National Defense Authorization Act.”

Gillibrand is also pushing a measure in this year’s must-pass National Defense Authorization Act in response to Grusch’s claim the federal government is hiding Special Access Programs (SAPs) from Congress. Her proposal would bar funding for any government program that isn’t directly funded by Congress.

“So if there are SAPs out there that are somehow outside of the normal chain of command and outside the normal appropriations process, they have to divulge that to Congress,” Gillibrand recently told me.

Last edited:

Golgo 13

One thing I don’t like about that is more funding for AARO - Grusch had mentioned he shared his findings with Kirkpatrick and he was completely blown off - there’s corruption or ignorance or incompetence there. Maybe all three. I don’t think funneling more money there is going to help anyone, although I appreciate the gesture.

kurisu_1974

Grusch submitted evidence to Congress.

The problem is that since the material is classified, he'd face the revocation of his security clearance, arrest or imprisonment had he gone public with it. And Congress isn't fully sharing.

I agree the whole situation is frustrating but that's the UFO field in general. Compelling, frustrating, maddening.

It's ALWAYS something, and it's always very convenient.

sono

hope Grusch will be prosecuted for making false statements to Congress
Do you change your opinion about false statements after watching this new video from Newsnation released 7 hours ago
"According to the Florida Senator Marco Rubio others have also come forward"

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

Maybe not this time. You have multiple United States Senators now making a stink about this. See the clip directly above with Marco Rubio.

Maybe. I feel it's very often these conservative politicians and commentators that might just be trying to fire up some big government distrust. Marco Rubio is pro guns, pro war-on-drugs, climate change denier.... for me it's harming the message rather than doing it good.

Last edited:

Chiggs

Gold Member
Maybe. I feel it's very often these conservative politicians and commentators that might just be trying to fire up some big government distrust. Marco Rubio is pro guns, pro war-on-drugs, climate change denier.... for me it's harming the message rather than doing it good.

He's also the top Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee, which is where these whistleblowers are going. And then you have Democrat Kirsten Gillibrand from New York in lock-step with him.

We're just going to have to see.

MMaRsu

There was a news topic a few weeks ago from a sceptic that basically argued that if advanced alien civilizations were flying light years to Earth, why are they so bad at parking that they keep crashing? They had a point.
Just because we can build cars, which are crazy to ants, doesn't mean we don't crash them.

Same with spaceships.

This is really the dumbest argument Ive ever read.

An ant would look at a human car crash and say "lmao so they can make cars but cant keep them from crashing? "

Last edited:

midnightAI

Just because we can build cars, which are crazy to ants, doesn't mean we don't crash them.

Same with spaceships.

This is really the dumbest argument Ive ever read.

An ant would look at a human car crash and say "lmao so they can make cars but cant keep them from crashing? "
True, but dont you think that spaceship technology that can go that far at presumably insane speeds or some other massively advanced technology are a bit more advanced than cars? we crash cars because the technology in cars isnt that great (its getting better with self driving cars and at some stage cars may no longer crash (or extremely rarely)). So you'd think that this massively advanced technology would be good enough to simply not crash, so, no, I dont personally think its a dumb argument.

When we do eventually go to Mars etc. we'll still be way way behind technologically than these craft and I dont expect us to crash into Mars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom