• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also seen people online keep mentioning June as a big month for UFOs. Anybody know what this is about?
An order for U.S. intelligence agencies to release UFO info in June was tacked onto the Covid Relief bill.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

But yeh leaked could = bullshit still, we all know how leaks work

But its been said a few times this is a legit photo, not sure if its from a video, but that apparently the case

I feel we're close to some kind of breakthrough. I don't know if it will be the kind of confirmation like "yep. Aliens exist and have been visiting us for some time" but at least something like some more compelling videos direct from the US (or any other world government).

At the moment, people are hand waving away these videos as birds, drones or highly advanced tech from another nation, but none of those explanations are convincing to me at all.

INC

I feel we're close to some kind of breakthrough. I don't know if it will be the kind of confirmation like "yep. Aliens exist and have been visiting us for some time" but at least something like some more compelling videos direct from the US (or any other world government).

At the moment, people are hand waving away these videos as birds, drones or highly advanced tech from another nation, but none of those explanations are convincing to me at all.

Well we've had it confirmed, we're now at "but are they credible"

I think people want a proper announcement, from a president news briefing or something

We still don't know what is being released, until June, we can only carry on speculating.

But we've had more evidence being taken serious in the 3-4 years, than the last 60 years.

Take from that what u will

Last edited:

IDKFA

An order for U.S. intelligence agencies to release UFO info in June was tacked onto the Covid Relief bill.

How big a deal do we expect this to be? Should we expect a huge mountain of previously confidential information, including more videos to be released?

INC

How big a deal do we expect this to be? Should we expect a huge mountain of previously confidential information, including more videos to be released?

Accord to this luis dude, there's far more spectacular evidence, be that video, photographic radar data etc etc

Even materials........

We just have no idea. But if theyre releasing videos like the tic tak video, and thats not even the most compelling......we could be I for some crazy evidence

The narrative being pushed tho is, we have no idea what it is, or what they are

IDKFA

Well we've had it confirmed, we're now at "but are they credible"

I think people want a proper announcement, from a president news briefing or something

We still don't know what is being released, until June, we can only carry on speculating.

But we've had more evidence being taken serious in the 3-4 years, than the last 60 years.

Take from that what u will

Agreed. There has been so much revealed over the last few years that it's almost like they're testing the waters and seeing how we'll respond.

IDKFA

Accord to this luis dude, there's far more spectacular evidence, be that video, photographic radar data etc etc

Even materials........

We just have no idea. But if theyre releasing videos like the tic tak video, and thats not even the most compelling......we could be I for some crazy evidence

The narrative being pushed tho is, we have no idea what it is, or what they are

Sorry for the double post.

I'll check out that video when I finish work. Hopefully we'll get some wild videos in June.

INC

Agreed. There has been so much revealed over the last few years that it's almost like they're testing the waters and seeing how we'll respond.

Well there's so many things to consider

From a defense PoV, even humanity as a whole, if theyre 100% real, that shifts the human paradigm or our place in the universe

That then calls into question peoples own beliefs like religion

So that why the info is slow, but now with more purpose and direction

Or its all BS

IDKFA

From a defense PoV, even humanity as a whole, if theyre 100% real, that shifts the human paradigm or our place in the universe

Or its all BS

Yep. It would change humanity forever if it was confirmed that not only there is life elsewhere, that life is highly intelligent.

Not sure how or why this could all be BS. We could say that it's not alien life, but then WTF is it? Guess we'll know more soon.

Any idea what date in June this is expected to happen?

INC

Yep. It would change humanity forever if it was confirmed that not only there is life elsewhere, that life is highly intelligent.

Not sure how or why this could all be BS. We could say that it's not alien life, but then WTF is it? Guess we'll know more soon.

Any idea what date in June this is expected to happen?

Not sure tbh, well it could terrestrial, been rumours for years thats the case, hence why they go under water

Please don't take that as my beliefs, just what I've read over the years.

Or theyre not actually traversing at all, more shifting. So they're not technically alien so to speak, more dimensional beings

Again this all just years of Internet tin foil.

the reason why it could all be BS? Well a force outside our planet, is a great way to get a blank cheque and excuse to pass any law you want, under the guise of "defense"

Do i buy into that? Well wasnt that long ago we said a country had WMDs and laws were passed, so its not out of the realm of possibilities is it.

My gut tho is they've known for decades, and have probably recovered materials, when that was, fuck knows (roswell if you believe that, apparently wasnt the first incident of a "crash") just from documentation it seems thats the case, that they've known since at least WW2, or at least cared enough to look into it.

Do they know what they are? So far they seem tot ay NO, how true that is.....well

Exciting times, never in my life time of believing there's more to this, did I think we would even be at this stage, that stage being an open conversation about the topic (not info released)

And everything turned out to be planes, birds or balloons. June will be also a huge disappointment in term of evidence. But all the UFO fans will of course see aliens in every blurry dot they release.

Which ones exactly?

Last edited:

INC

The "Batman" balloon a few post back for example.

That's a leaked image, so of course, no one said it was real or alien
So u debunked something that wasn't even confirmed as real

It's the "supposed" image,
Any others?

StormCell

Or its all BS
Picking on you... again. I really wish people would stop harping on this poor take. Look, there's aliens. Surely this disproves your belief in God!! Afterall, you had to believe we were at the center of the universe too, and clearly we're not!! Now repeat after me, "I submit my soul to Science and all its wonderful immaculate facts!" and spread your cheeks so that Science may enter!

IDKFA

And everything turned out to be planes, birds or balloons. June will be also a huge disappointment in term of evidence. But all the UFO fans will of course see aliens in every blurry dot they release.

Sure. Some are misidentified, but a lot of the evidence from experienced pilots can't be said to be a bird or a balloon.

IDKFA

Picking on you... again. I really wish people would stop harping on this poor take. Look, there's aliens. Surely this disproves your belief in God!! Afterall, you had to believe we were at the center of the universe too, and clearly we're not!! Now repeat after me, "I submit my soul to Science and all its wonderful immaculate facts!" and spread your cheeks so that Science may enter!

Not a fan of science then?

StormCell

This kind of posting needs to be prohibited in this thread. It is the literal definition of a shit post. It is the equivalent of posting in a Playstation thread about how all of Sony's single player adventures are basically the same game but different settings/environments/narratives/characters. Try posting that over in one of those threads == warning or temp ban. But post in the UFO thread that everything has been a plane, a bird, or a balloon == our only recourse is to prove you wrong and have you ignore all of it and point to one picture.

StormCell

Not a fan of science then?
To borrow a page from the christian detractors: I love science, but I don't like the people who run around using knowledge to disparage what others think. I put that word in italics, hoping you would notice, because knowledge is a loaded word in this context. It's what people think they know, and not everything you know know is even true. That isn't science's fault, and that's also why in the original reply I capitalized the first letter--I gave it the essence of being another deity.

Love science. Detest the people who run around professing to be guided by it and superior to anyone not plotting the course of their lives by its methods. lol

INC

Go for it, I mean most wars are over who's imaginary friend is the most peaceful

And why's it poor take? What % of the planet is religious? 70-80% maybe? That's alot of religion being turned upside down.

I mean look at Ireland they're arguing over the same religion, just written in 2 different versions lol (of course there's other factors)

As I've said loads of time, this is a possibility, I never said this is 100% just a guess at reasons why.
THat's a bird flapping it's wings

Yes it very well could be, I don't see it flapping its wings tho, unless it's between frames, but sure it could very well be that

Last edited:
Hard to say. I have no doubt that there is plenty of stuff they could release, but not sure if they will release it just because a law was passed saying they had to. It's hard to imagine the scenario where it is in their interest to release everything they have, assuming they have some compelling evidence.

If they are still clueless after all of these years, then releasing better video or evidence than they have would probably still cause some fear and panic. Perhaps they think it will be less than it would have been historically and that it is not worth hiding anymore. Nobody is panicking over the tic tacs, so if all they have is some more videos and maybe a couple of questionable physical objects, they might release them. Any of those recovered ships, or alien bodies would remain in the vault, if they have them.

If they aren't clueless... that opens up a whole bunch more logistical problems. They aren't going to admit that there are evil aliens or inter dimensional demons visiting our planet, because that would definitely cause panic. Yet if they tried to announce that there were good aliens visiting our planet, then many people would logically conclude that they are either lying or being manipulated by evil aliens. Good aliens could announce themselves on their own terms.

Odds are they aren't going to be announcing that aliens are visiting our planet in June, or showing any truly conclusive evidence. If they did, I would be highly suspect of their motivation. Best guess is they release some slightly better evidence and continue the drip feed.

Go for it, I mean most wars are over who's imaginary friend is the most peaceful

And why's it poor take? What % of the planet is religious? 70-80% maybe? That's alot of religion being turned upside down.

I mean look at Ireland they're arguing over the same religion, just written in 2 different versions lol (of course there's other factors)

As I've said loads of time, this is a possibility, I never said this is 100% just a guess at reasons why.

Yes it very well could be, I don't see it flapping its wings tho, unless it's between frames, but sure it could very well be that

Question - On what scale would you be disappointed in learning that if aliens are real but have religion or a belief in God or a "source"?

Last edited:

StormCell

My point is that aliens isn't likely to disprove much. You would want to believe that entire world religions would be turned upside down because a dude from another planet shows up, but I bet he's pretty easy to dismiss or interpret. If we're extra unlucky, hundreds of millions of people will label them as demons. They may actually be demons, though. Who is to say? I'm living in a pretty trashed world, so, scientifically, I'm not ready to draw conclusions about much.

INC

Question - On what scale would you be disappointed in learning that if aliens are real but have religion or a belief in God or a "source"?

None, because that would also make a lot of sense historically, why theres cave painting and art showing ufos and similar stuff

I find it extremely possible that if they did indeed visit centuries ago, that they were seem as gods, or they tried to pass on that 'sources knowledge

So yeh that would be cool with me, unless theyre intergalactic Christian pedos

im not against any possibility.

Last edited:

StormCell

Hard to say. I have no doubt that there is plenty of stuff they could release, but not sure if they will release it just because a law was passed saying they had to. It's hard to imagine the scenario where it is in their interest to release everything they have, assuming they have some compelling evidence.

If they are still clueless after all of these years, then releasing better video or evidence than they have would probably still cause some fear and panic. Perhaps they think it will be less than it would have been historically and that it is not worth hiding anymore. Nobody is panicking over the tic tacs, so if all they have is some more videos and maybe a couple of questionable physical objects, they might release them. Any of those recovered ships, or alien bodies would remain in the vault, if they have them.

If they aren't clueless... that opens up a whole bunch more logistical problems. They aren't going to admit that there are evil aliens or inter dimensional demons visiting our planet, because that would definitely cause panic. Yet if they tried to announce that there were good aliens visiting our planet, then many people would logically conclude that they are either lying or being manipulated by evil aliens. Good aliens could announce themselves on their own terms.

Odds are they aren't going to be announcing that aliens are visiting our planet in June, or showing any truly conclusive evidence. If they did, I would be highly suspect of their motivation. Best guess is they release some slightly better evidence and continue the drip feed.
The thing is that there are some highly influential people, even former officials who've since retired, who are now working from the outside to bring more of this information to the public. What are we to make of that? What is their motivation? Similarly, what motivated Donald Trump, and what did he know or find out? Why did this become important to him?

StormCell

None, because that would also make a lot of sense historically, why theres cave painting and art showing ufos and similar stuff

I find it extremely possible that if they did indeed visit centuries ago, that they were seem as gods, or they tried to pass on that 'sources knowledge

So yeh that would be cool with me, unless theyre intergalactic Christian pedos

im not against any possibility.
What...

I know somewhere there is a Whitest Kids You Know skit just waiting to burst out and grape us all in the mouth. Or something...

Could be worse... they could show up dressed in white shirts and ties on space-faring bicycles.

INC

What...

I know somewhere there is a Whitest Kids You Know skit just waiting to burst out and grape us all in the mouth. Or something...

Could be worse... they could show up dressed in white shirts and ties on space-faring bicycles.
What?

I'm just saying I'm open to all possibilities........

No sure why anyone would have an issue with that lol

StormCell

What?

I'm just saying I'm open to all possibilities........

No sure why anyone would have an issue with that lol
"We've traveled a vast distance to reach you... so that we could hover at the edge of elementary school playgrounds and ask your children the most important question they will have to answer." :LOL:

PS. I stand corrected. This has South Park written all over it.

Last edited:

INC

"We've traveled a vast distance to reach you... so that we could hover at the edge of elementary school playgrounds and ask your children the most important question they will have to answer." :LOL:

PS. I stand corrected. This has South Park written all over it.

You could argue that saying that to adults who are biased, it would be useless.

Whereas kids are more open to suggestion

Or some shit

I've never given much weight to accounts like that, since there's 0 evidence, so its just a story, no matter how convince it might be, its still just a story with no evidence

StormCell

You could argue that saying that to adults who are biased, it would be useless.

Whereas kids are more open to suggestion

Or some shit

I've never given much weight to accounts like that, since there's 0 evidence, so its just a story, no matter how convince it might be, its still just a story with no evidence
Same. I wouldn't have any belief in it either if some things hadn't happened in my life. That's basically how it works. You have people who just believe it without any significant evidence, and they will wilt at the first signs of trouble. Then there are people who believe because something happened, and these are the people with real tangible type of evidence.

I don't expect you to believe without that tangible kind of evidence. I can tell you about my evidence (that's a testimony), but at the same time it's just an account. I expect you to receive tangible evidence in order to believe. What is that tangible evidence? It can be as basic as a voice in your head telling you it's God and receiving some prophetic but deeply impactful knowledge and having it confirmed in the days that follow. I'm not going to promise you miracles, but I have seen miracles. Scientifically, I can't explain what happened, and similarly I can't explain why I don't see more. Spiritually, I may know why, but scientifically there's a bunch of amputee patients I would love to drop in on and give them the second best day of their entire lives.

The thing is that there are some highly influential people, even former officials who've since retired, who are now working from the outside to bring more of this information to the public. What are we to make of that? What is their motivation? Similarly, what motivated Donald Trump, and what did he know or find out? Why did this become important to him?
In all of those cases I would say they know some information, but not most of it, and are genuinely curious to find out more. Trump has said he doesn't believe in UFO's (which is a funny nonsensical thing some people say instead of saying they don't believe UFO's are aliens), so I don't think he has been shown much more than the average person. My guess is that the people who know the most are not the ones pushing for disclosure.

StormCell

So everything that not confirms your view/believes should be prohibited?
That's the problem. You didn't confirm anything. You made a generalization that, literally, everything here was identifiable. You cited one image from the thread as an example that everything else was easily explained. Do you at least recognize how stupid your original post was? That's why I want it prohibited. I don't have an invested interest in aliens existing or for ufos to be real. I have an invested interest in arriving at a well-informed educated conclusion on the topic, and your post was totally stupid and has no place here.

If you wanted to make a rational post claiming that you actually believe you can explain away most if not all evidence in this thread, then start with something like the Tic Tac the fighter pilot encountered and show us a similar identified object elsewhere doing the same things. That would actually shed light on what that thing is/was.

Last edited:

IDKFA

Interesting that these Tic Tac/Cigar/Rugby ball shaped UFOs have been encountered by pilots for a number of years.

Here is a story from 2013 where a passenger jet almost had a head on crash with an object that was shaped like a tic tac.

StormCell

Interesting that these Tic Tac/Cigar/Rugby ball shaped UFOs have been encountered by pilots for a number of years.

Here is a story from 2013 where a passenger jet almost had a head on crash with an object that was shaped like a tic tac.

Was the captain the only witness of this near miss? They didn't get any quotes from the first officer. It would seem the flight instruments didn't pick this up. Radar did not detect the object.

It would have been nice if anyone else had seen it just to corroborate the captain's experience.

IDKFA

Was the captain the only witness of this near miss? They didn't get any quotes from the first officer. It would seem the flight instruments didn't pick this up. Radar did not detect the object.

It would have been nice if anyone else had seen it just to corroborate the captain's experience.

Not clear if the FO saw anything, but I'll take their word for it considering they felt the need to officially report it and it was followed up with an investigation.

The shape is what really interests me. Another example of a tic tac/cigar snapped object. Wasn't there also another plane incident a few months ago where the pilot reported a near miss with a craft that looked like a cruise missile?

Airola

Trump has said he doesn't believe in UFO's (which is a funny nonsensical thing some people say instead of saying they don't believe UFO's are aliens), so I don't think he has been shown much more than the average person.

Or maybe he knows/believes they are not unidentified things. Maybe he believes or knows that there are people who know exactly what they are (be it aliens or their own stuff or something else).

Romulus

Well then my apologies, although you still need to provide why you think that object is a balloon. Why do you suppose that two pilots would misidentify a balloon? Why do you find this more credible? How many balloons have you seen going thousands of miles per hour?

Right, why are pilots saying it accelerated with unbelievable speeds and the US Navy radar operator also tracked them at unbelievable speeds? Everyone is lying? What about pilots in other countries that say the same types of things that are also tracked on radar? Also lies? An international hoax of pilots and radar operators for 80 years.

Last edited:

IDKFA

Some really great points in that article. Hopefully we'll find out how humanity responds in June!

I agree that there would be huge distrust in the US government (or any world government) if they did confirm they've known since the 1940s that Aliens have have been among us.

Another note, I see people say that these UFOs could be tech from Russia or China, but hasn't the Russian and Chinese military had the same kind of experiences and are also looking into what these things are?

INC

Some really great points in that article. Hopefully we'll find out how humanity responds in June!

I agree that there would be huge distrust in the US government (or any world government) if they did confirm they've known since the 1940s that Aliens have have been among us.

Another note, I see people say that these UFOs could be tech from Russia or China, but hasn't the Russian and Chinese military had the same kind of experiences and are also looking into what these things are?

Yes pretty much, they disclosed a lot of their files years ago, same as UK, Russia, Mexico and a lot of other countries

Its all there, yet we need US to confirm, for anyone to listen or take serious for some reason.

Loki

Count of Concision
I still maintain that the idea that China - a nation whose main technological achievements in various sectors (microprocessing, aviation, radar/detection tech etc.) are a direct result of espionage on the United States - somehow magically has aerospace technology that is hundreds of years or more beyond our capabilities is farcical. All the more so when you consider that we’ve invested like 10-20x more money into our military tech than other nations have for 30+ years now. And a ton of that is centered around aviation tech. I don’t buy that these things are Chinese for one second. Both for how long these sightings have been occurring (even if one assumes they have this tech now, they certainly didn’t 30-50 years ago) as well as the reasons mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom